Well, I'm still trying to decide where to go on my trip!
Treating the first two lines (only) of TDW toast as directions is a new (to me) idea that Cmdr IDrankWhat suggested recently; I'm ready to do another long journey, if necessary, but since TDW has been around for centuries, and their membership requirements seem (IMHO) unlikely to have changed, then any destination shouldn't be all that far away (old fsd range-limitations).

The first line could be a Carbon star (jewel that burns), and it seems common sense for it to be a significant body to form part of the TDW membership requirement (since they're a band of adventurers), but by common sense you must be able to return from the journey else it's a pretty useless membership requirement! No, the lore (!) suggests TDW don't know where Raxxla is (but that could be obfuscation), so there (currently, but I note the original existence of special Raxxla-related missions in SD, so maybe TDW have some clues....) seems to be two unrelated gameplay paths, Raxxla & TDW; in this thread we hedge our bets and attempt to get somewhere on either path.

My current ship is Deep Fernweh, one of the Rasalas fleet piloted by my young clone Tyko :).
Currently sipping on a pre-dinner whisky; brandy as desert!

Sweols IL-Y e0 is the highest CN star above Sag A* so might be the target. There are NS and BH nearby, but can't see any higher up from the galactic plane which seemed at first thought to be the intent of the toast.

mmmm....Wonder if there's a carbon star nearer Sag A*....Don't think Sag A* itself fits, and I've been there, didn't see anything particularly obvious for the second line.

Of course this could be too much blue skies thinking. Sol/Earth has been suggested (Galnet) as being the jewel, so the second line could be a NS or WD quite close...LAWD 26 perhaps or Sirius??????

Last edited:
SCNews Halloween Special
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Jh-NFDT5E

Raced superficially through this. I got: more ghost ships to be revealed over next weeks, Canonn hypothesis stated around 22 mins involves a discovery of barnacles. Comments about barnacles seems to support my initial feeling that this is leading up to Odyssey release where thargoids will be encountered on foot. Don’t think it’s in any way related to TDW or Raxxla, & don’t see any reason for FD to reveal these, but then I’m not really involved in it so could be wrong....

Ah, I did wonder if they were including the currently known abandoned gen ships.
But I've always thought this game's story is mainly about Thargoids, & FD are clearly leading up to encounters on foot with them with Odyssey. My RSI, arthritis and old reflexes mean I may have to find something else to do after 5 years playing 😢
In the meantime I'll still continue to quest for TDW and Raxxla, as best I can....

But I've always thought this game's story is mainly about Thargoids, & FD are clearly leading up to encounters on foot with them with Odyssey. My RSI, arthritis and old reflexes mean I may have to find something else to do after 5 years playing 😢

We are the first generation of gamers remember, as we get older the market becomes bigger and more tech may be brought out to tap into that so keep your hopes up. You did batter that Elite rank so give your hands a break rest :)

Edit: Im 20 years younger but we were the same first computer gamer generation just different ages in the early 80s.

Dunno how much FPS you played but some have assisted aim for Consoles due to massive disadvantage over mouse and keyboard. Some have assisted aim for all. Or join a team.

I'm not really a FPS player, too old & slow!
Did enjoy the Far Cry games, but have had version 5 for over a year & still not played it.
Perhaps I need to get my slippers on and a brandy poured...and open a good book
Wondering about going back to my CH Pro HOTAS, vice my current VKB Kosmosima; the twist grip is not helping.

I'm not really a FPS player, too old & slow!
Did enjoy the Far Cry games, but have had version 5 for over a year & still not played it.
Perhaps I need to get my slippers on and a brandy poured...and open a good book
Wondering about going back to my CH Pro HOTAS, vice my current VKB Kosmosima; the twist grip is not helping.

Nope, Just plenty of Yorkshire tea - the best teabags ;)
I doubt this game will follow suit to other FPS games out there though, i think it will be quite slow paced

tinfoil! Why Ch 4? they are British, we have a Channel 4 thats quite well known and CH4 News is as well. They could have gone for groovy hippy channel 27 or just a random one. Why choose one of the 5 terrestrial channels instead of just making something up so that 'any similarities between anybody or any organisation and any persons living or dead is purely coincidental'. is that not even considered anymore. Just seemed like the first thing Id have done is change the Channel to one that doesnt exist just in case, but maybe thats just me.
Very simple explanation for this one I’m afraid. Their Anchorman tribute wouldn’t work as well if they went with a different news channel to the one from Anchorman. 😉

I’m beginning to go full blown Charlie Day tinfoil now complete with the wall of red string.

I’m grasping at straws for sure but of course my brain decided to “recognize” aka make up a pattern in some fluff Galnet articles as per usual.

Consuela Knight and Olav Redcourt articles both mention disappearances. Both stories end somewhat abruptly after the phrase Skyglow Havens on The Rhea Archipelago is mentioned. What is this place? Why did the authors mention it? Why not name the planet instead of the system in conjunction with the term archipelago.

Olav is famed for writing 14 out of 25 Corsair King books. (CK)
Consuela Knight (CK) went missing mid travel along with her crew only to be found at the Skyglow Havens in disguise then left when she was discovered. Skyglow Havens and CK.

The publisher for Corsair King, Bonespire Publishing (BSP) is also similarly abbreviated to Blackshadow Productions (BSP) another entity mentioned in the fluff article about Andromedaries.

Olav Redcourt stopped his tour suddenly from Blatrimpe to Procyon. Blatrimpe was also the location of a commodity drive for Maddox Hurd and Herculean Machines Duradrive another “fluff” article. Maddox Hurd was accused of taking money from the RED Family Cartel. Olav REDcourt. Maddox Hurd (MH). Olav’s Publicist Margaux Hist (MH). The FNS Neptune was found in Blatrimpe with seemingly no explanation. Neptune Ryder wanted to pursue Raxxla.

Yea I’ve lost it. My brain has short circuited disregard.

I’m beginning to go full blown Charlie Day tinfoil now complete with the wall of red string.

I’m grasping at straws for sure but of course my brain decided to “recognize” aka make up a pattern in some fluff Galnet articles as per usual.

Consuela Knight and Olav Redcourt articles both mention disappearances. Both stories end somewhat abruptly after the phrase Skyglow Havens on The Rhea Archipelago is mentioned. What is this place? Why did the authors mention it? Why not name the planet instead of the system in conjunction with the term archipelago.

Consuela Knight (CK) went missing mid travel along with her crew only to be found at the Skyglow Havens in disguise then left when she was discovered. Skyglow Havens and CK.

The publisher for Corsair King, Bonespire Publishing (BSP) is also similarly abbreviated to Blackshadow Productions (BSP) another entity mentioned in the fluff article about Andromedaries.

Olav Redcourt stopped his tour suddenly from Blatrimpe to Procyon. Blatrimpe was also the location of a commodity drive for Maddox Hurd and Herculean Machines Duradrive another “fluff” article. Maddox Hurd was accused of taking money from the RED Family Cartel. Olav REDcourt. Maddox Hurd (MH). Olav’s Publicist Margaux Hist (MH). The FNS Neptune was found in Blatrimpe with seemingly no explanation. Neptune Ryder wanted to pursue Raxxla.

I think it means PS Publishing

Nope, Just plenty of Yorkshire tea - the best teabags ;)
I doubt this game will follow suit to other FPS games out there though, i think it will be quite slow paced

Ah, Yorkshire tea, picked by t’hand o’ t’fair mill lasses near Ilkla Moor & trodden in t’tin baths wi’t cogs!

But, sad to say, they use plastic in their tea bags, hence I am buying no more. I now have a tea ball infuser and three packs of loose leaf teas. Protect the planet! It’s the jewel of the galaxy! 🙂

Galnet at times seemed to be full of such strange interdependencies; whether or not they actually mean anything, well......
But pareidolia is a dangerous step on the way to space madness. 😉

Some interesting tidbits that have probably been touched on previously...it's a long thread. Couldn't sleep, so tinfoil-hattery it is!

"To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies!" - Alpheratz? A search for "mother of galaxies" points to Andromeda. Alpheratz is not only the brightest star in that constellation, it also sits on her "brow". Nothing here but two stars and a bunch of degraded emissions. Perhaps these are points on a map? Say, go here, here, and here, and where the lines cross is where you'll find it? Just spitballing at this point.

"A door that is also a key" - Laconian Key?

https://www.constellationsofwords.com/Constellations/Cassiopeia.html said:
Euripides and Sophocles, of the fifth century before our era, wrote of her, while all the Greeks made much of the constellation, knowing it as Kassiepeia. and E tou thronou, She of the Throne". But at one time in Greece it was the Laconian Key, from its resemblance to that instrument, the invention of which was attributed in classical times to that people; although Pliny claimed this for Theodorus of Samos in Caria, 730 B.C., whence came another title for our stars, Carion. The learned Huetius (Huet, bishop of Avranches and tutor of the dauphin Louis XV) more definitely said that this stellar key represented that described by Homer as sickle-shaped in the wardrobe door of Penelope:

A brazen key she held, the handle turn'd,

With steel and polish'd elephant adorned;

and Aratos wrote of the constellation:
E'en as a folding door, fitted within

With key, is thrown back when the bolts are drawn.
But even Ideler did not understand this simile, although the outline of the chief stars well shows the form of this early key.

Now, the line about " The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts." That brings to mind the tale of Odysseus. His mother was so stricken with grief that she threw herself into the sea. His yearning to get return to Ithaca and Penelope are what kept him going all those years.

Now, the part I'm still working on is "To the whisperer in witchspace, the siren of the deepest void!" This one is confusing. If I use Homer as a reference, the two sirens mentioned in his writings are unnamed. If I use later references, the sirens mentioned point to asteroids. There was one interesting tidbit about a siren that was drowned in the sea - deepest void, perhaps? Nothing more substantial. Will continue tomorrow.

Top Bottom