Great pictures, Julio!
If I may come with a suggestion: Take the pictures from the Debug view, that way you'll don't see the cockpit.

Open the GalMap, and simply scroll to the coordinates, sadly the ones I suggested is a grid containing no stars.

Ahoy lad!
I'll use the external view more often from now on;)

How did you get the coords shown?
I'll try to add up the coordinates and see what comes out like this:

RA = X
XX= Y
LA = Z

Edit:
OK i activated the grid,
absolutely nothing at:

X = +/- 181
Y = +/- 2424 (too high/low)
Z = +/- 121

Edit:
By just adding i come up with:
X = +/- 19
Y = +/- 48
Z = +/- 13

Too much in the area, two times a system with the "GD" designation.
Hmm... not sure this will lead somewhere,
funny thing is when i use my method of RA/dec i only have a target on one axis,
the other one is not mapped yet, thus not in E: D with a clean designation.

I checked the "Herculis-constellation" lead system,
but the other one is in the constellation "Sagittarius"....

Here is a fitting song:
[video=youtube;bnTHdutYsLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnTHdutYsLw[/video]

Edit2:
The second possible grid might be close to the "Lagoon Nebula",
i'll have a look.

Last edited:
On route to the Lagoon Nebula, maybe there is something hidden.
Nothing is better, than to have a hiding base at a blue lagoon in clear caribbean!
Yarr!

Last edited:
Manually added with Paintbrush :cool:

Hee hee, was just about to ask the same question.

I'm just thinking off the top of my head here, but there may be similarities to the problem of finding Raxxla, and the purpose of the UA. Not saying they are connected in any way, but one of the theories around the UA is that it might be some sort of scanner that could find a "dark system" or "dark planet", i.e. one that does not appear on the Galaxy Map or System Map respectively. If Raxxla is a "dark system", or a "dark world" in a known system, there might be a need for a similar type of scanner (perhaps envisaged with future content, i.e planetary landings and the like) to be able to locate it.

Alternatively, and perhaps more likely, it may simply be on the map under a completely different name.

Just a random thought, FWIW.

Last edited:
Hee hee, was just about to ask the same question.

I'm just thinking off the top of my head here, but there may be similarities to the problem of finding Raxxla, and the purpose of the UA. Not saying they are connected in any way, but one of the theories around the UA is that it might be some sort of scanner that could find a "dark system" or "dark planet", i.e. one that does not appear on the Galaxy Map. If Raxxla is a "dark system", or a "dark world" in a known system, there might be a need for a similar type of scanner (perhaps envisaged with future content, i.e planetary landings and the like) to be able to locate it.

Alternatively, and perhaps more likely, it may simply be on the map under a completely different name.

Just a random thought, FWIW.

To be frank,
"Dark" might also mean or referr to "has no sun".
And a system without a sun is dark, but might harbor a black hole or neutron star....
Biggest reactor in the game, enjoying some riddling and a good conversation here;)

Overthinking mode activated:
I found an excerpt from the "Dark Wheel" mentioning that there where 8 connections with/from/to "RAXXLA"
but one got destroyed and "RAXXLA" vanished/ travelled.
They also mentioned "but the moon is still there." in that excerpt.
Sleipnir, the mythological steed of Odin is an 8-legged horse and travels through "8 dimensions".
This gives me the shivers.

I love a good riddle;)

Source:
https://books.google.de/books?id=I8u0srLlOJYC&pg=PT224&lpg=PT224&dq=translation+of+raxxla&source=bl&ots=Qjfs8vD5yU&sig=H2xp_IZjZVVwCtM8yx53y5SEVKI&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAWoVChMIqJTo95KnxwIVCY4sCh0F3wSR#v=onepage&q=translation%20of%20raxxla&f=false

Edit again:
The word is "RAXXLA", how did it originate?
Is it simply a birth of necessity?
"Gimme a good name for a sci-fi story based planet or contraption, from an alien perspective!"
"How about "raxxla"?"

Maybe.
I wonder why it is called "RAXXLA", are we missing letters because of information decay, being
passed on over the ages?

RAXXLA
RALAXX
GALAXY
?

Last edited:
To be frank,
And a system without a sun is dark, but might harbor a black hole or neutron star....
Biggest reactor in the game, enjoying some riddling and a good conversation here;)

Yup, I think at least one of the new lore books uses it this way, forget which. Brown dwarf might qualify also. Or a system with no life and no stations might be another, broader interpretation.

Found something on the Alioth Wiki.

Raxxla

The planet Raxxla. It is fabled to be a gateway to other universes, or at the very least a portal to somewhere else in the galaxy. Many parties actively search for Raxxla, but no-one has ever found it.
(related legends: 'shan ri la', 'the 7 planets of gold' and 'the whitehole, the wellspring of eternal life')

Maybe it's unrelated but "the 7 planets of gold" sounds suspicious.

Link:Legends of Elite

Last edited:
To be frank,

Overthinking mode activated:
I found an excerpt from the "Dark Wheel" mentioning that there where 8 connections with/from/to "RAXXLA"
but one got destroyed and "RAXXLA" vanished/ travelled.
They also mentioned "but the moon is still there." in that excerpt.
Sleipnir, the mythological steed of Odin is an 8-legged horse and travels through "8 dimensions".
This gives me the shivers.

I love a good riddle;)

Source:
https://books.google.de/books?id=I8...wSR#v=onepage&q=translation of raxxla&f=false

Edit again:
The word is "RAXXLA", how did it originate?
Is it simply a birth of necessity?
"Gimme a good name for a sci-fi story based planet or contraption, from an alien perspective!"
"How about "raxxla"?"

Maybe.
I wonder why it is called "RAXXLA", are we missing letters because of information decay, being
passed on over the ages?

RAXXLA
RALAXX
GALAXY
?

Raxxla

The planet Raxxla. It is fabled to be a gateway to other universes, or at the very least a portal to somewhere else in the galaxy. Many parties actively search for Raxxla, but no-one has ever found it.
(related legends: 'shan ri la', 'the 7 planets of gold' and 'the whitehole, the wellspring of eternal life')

Heya, those books/stories you are reading are made up by the author/s.
Drew is known for using latin and ancient references in his stories.
How much of that FD used is unknown cos its not canon.

Julio,
I believe that number system you are using is based on Pi and Hebrew and English.
It also only works on certain hebrew scriptures and King James Bible. It wouldn't work on another version of a bible for example, so it also doesn't work on other words or sentances afaik.

I'm not sure if 'Dark' means no sun. There is a thing called a 'Dark Sun' which is referring to the core of a planet basically.
There are also dark clouds in space that have planets we can't see, dunno if they have suns too or its unknown.
I think 'Dark Wheel' is exactly what you said before, the wheel is our galaxy and the dark is the version of our galaxy we can't see hence 'dark'.
So I beleive 'Dark Wheel' is another dimension of our galaxy. It is always identical, so the stars are all there but it looks totally different, prolly displayed without the colours of light we have here in this dimension, something like that.

So you want something to anaylise? :D

I found a ref to Raxxla going back as far as ancient Greek scriptures, scriptures which were used for the Latin Bible.
I am yet to find a copy of the original and the paragraph I saw it in is unreadable to me and untranslated.

Anyway, from 1980:

Was this a book written to encourage Sci-Fi genre to be concruent with their stories? Who knows, maybe just interesting research but there is some interesting things.
I am yet to read the book but thought I would share. I have checked some things.

Also what is this? Why is this here?
This is too freaky. Their other products are freaky too if you know what your looking at.
A map of Raxxla? :D

shiftline_raxxla_001.jpg

I have a theory on how a jump would occur, wheather FD have implemented it is another matter. I need a UA but I will test to eliminate when I get one.
I really think the answer is locked behind missions, after a certain amount of time or activity someone will get a mission and they will give a new module or something or a place to visit.

Last edited:
This is from the book The Dark Wheel.

" Rafe chuckled and shook his head. 'You see, that's the big question. Your father was chasing the mythical plant Raxxla. Does it exist, or does it not? If it does, then on Raxxla there's an alien construct that's a gateway to other Universes, and all that's in those Universes in the way of bounty, and treasures, and aliens, and life "

Heya, those books/stories you are reading are made up by the author/s.
Drew is known for using latin and ancient references in his stories.
How much of that FD used is unknown cos its not canon.

The Oolite Saga by Drew and any of the Oolite fan fiction is definitely not canon. (Edit: But some good reading nonetheless. Same with the Alioth wiki, some of it is canon and some is fan written/edited so difficult to tell the difference).

The new books, like Elite Reclamation (Drew) and Out of the Darkness (John Harper), are. They were commissioned by FD to be the basis of the new lore for Elite Dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

This is from the book The Dark Wheel.

" Rafe chuckled and shook his head. 'You see, that's the big question. Your father was chasing the mythical plant Raxxla. Does it exist, or does it not? If it does, then on Raxxla there's an alien construct that's a gateway to other Universes, and all that's in those Universes in the way of bounty, and treasures, and aliens, and life "

And that is definitely canon.

Last edited:
While the canon thingy is true, we cannot be 100% sure, that this stuff is included in E: D in any form.

On Raxxla:
Jaque's Stations is moving and in the game for quite some time,
is it connected to "RAXXLA" maybe?
Is he looking for it?

Maybe that station is Raxxla?

Hmm, Raxxla is supposedly a planet;however entering Jacques with an UA could be a good test, if Jacques really turns out to be a gateway leading to Raxxla for ships holding an UA...

There's no mention of Jacques station in the UA wiki, so this would be a new test.

Allright, ramping up Timocani UA efforts to search level 2.

Last edited:
Hmm, Raxxla is supposedly a planet;however entering Jacques with an UA could be a good test, if Jacques really turns out to be a gateway leading to Raxxla for ships holding an UA...

Allright, ramping up Timocani UA efforts to search level 2.

Dark wheel novel always mentions a station and a planet but never says which.
This new gateway is being moved into position next to the celestial body. The 2 work together.

Plant could be a clue about the planet obv.
Maybe we should check the rares for clues?

Yeah I'm going looking for UA too, lol

Edit:

" .... on Raxxla there's an alien construct that's a gateway to other Universes,"

Missions talk about a celestial body.

Would mean we can get to Raxxla but can't use the gateway till atmospheric landings are ready if FD went with this version.

Last edited:
Maybe that station is Raxxla?

I rather think of the station being a gateway to "Raxxla",
there is very strong imagery used in this galatic riddle:
The "Sun" and the "Moon".

The "Sun" is present in most systems, some kind of generator?
It also is a symbol for light, our "bright wheel" galaxy?

The "Moon" is a "hunter" in german mythology, never stopping, allways moving,
dancing with the "Sun" hunting and teasing it.
The "Moon" also is most apparent, when it is nightfall,
but both objects may be seen from earth during early day or late eve.
It could be a symbol for the "Dark Wheel".

I bet Jaque's station is the "Moon", also "Jaque" again is another variant of "Jacob"....

Last edited:
Climb Jacob's Ladder and there is a gateway to another world.
When you enter you are greated by Many Eyes where you can give them a gift.
This place doesn't really exist but it's there.
It's a myth.

"place that isn't a place, door that is also the key. The myth."

So, yeah, Jaques station could quite easily be the key to the gateway.
Whichever planet it settles at, thats Raxxla and the path it's travelling is the ladder.

I bet it even has a rare plant for trading on the other side of the gateway, lol.

Last edited:

Raxxla

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangri-La
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Cities_of_Gold_(myth)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality

Thinking of "immortality" as a concept, there is a surefire way to achieve it:
Become a Myth or Legend, it will be spread and become immortal, like the "RAXXLA" Legend did.
Also the "8" is when tilted by 90° a symbol for infinity, as is the "Ankh" a cross with a loop at the top section,
a symbol from egypt...

Edit:
If you zoom in on this pic, you see a dark graphical artifact, which was omnipresent in that asteroid belt
"following" me, is it just a bug, or maybe a lead?
View attachment 55256

Last edited:
Just found the obfuscated mission about the place that isn't a place and decided to look it up as I had never seen a mission with writing like that...and I found this thread. This type of stuff is the coolest **** I have ever seen in a game. That being said, does anyone else wonder that maybe the Thargoids know where Raxxla is and perhaps used it to escape human reach ala Frontier: First Encounters?

Just found the obfuscated mission about the place that isn't a place and decided to look it up as I had never seen a mission with writing like that...and I found this thread. This type of stuff is the coolest **** I have ever seen in a game. That being said, does anyone else wonder that maybe the Thargoids know where Raxxla is and perhaps used it to escape human reach ala Frontier: First Encounters?

Yes, there's a lot of wondering going on atm :)

Top Bottom