Great finding, Macros! :D
This looks like a major breakthrough, congratz and rep for you!
Unfortunately, I'm not in the bubble, but i think here are more than enough good CMDR's to deal with it.

Question: Are there any hints of nebulae in the near of Raxxla? (I have arrived at my first nebula in the north-western quadrant)

EDIT: And here is my finding: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=116450&page=27&p=2736156&viewfull=1#post2736156

Good looking nebulae, Cmdr :)

I've found no references to Raxxla in context of a nebulae.

Sound engineers wanted

The black boxes contains voice fragments, but are terribly garbled. I managed to filter 1 into a barely audible voice, but my Audacity skills are terribly lacking. If someone with superior audiological skills could help process the black box sounds (or give pointers to help me improve my audiological skills to 'decode' the black box recordings myself) that would be great :)

Some samples here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIU64jyMxJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdEXM2bfiUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsiQnRxgpyY

PS: To any Audacity experts: Is it possible to setup a custom processing filter, to automate the processing of sound files?

Last edited:
I'm quite convinced atm that the missions are a big player in the search for Raxxla.
There are Elite missions that are connected to factions but not listed under their faction name too.

Convoys and pirates are being seen further out from the bubble, 600ly the last report I seen by explorers.
Might be an idea to get them to notice and plot where they are finding signals, the info could be useful in later patches.

Good find on the black boxes. I think I enquired about this earlier in the thread.
It could lend some clues but I doubt we will ever get a 'Raxxla is here' message.
Defo worth trying this tho but I'm no audio expert.
I think stuff is being added or unlocked atm and alot more will come with horizons.

Convoys and pirates are being seen further out from the bubble, 600ly the last report I seen by explorers.
Might be an idea to get them to notice and plot where they are finding signals, the info could be useful in later patches.

Yeah, I heard so, too. I make sure to investigate, if a signal appears. But until today I have never seen such a signal out here.
Perhaps it is only an expanding of the area in which they appear. But if Raxxla is somewhere far out, I doubt you can find such signals where I am at the moment (38,500 LY from Sol). ;)

It could lend some clues but I doubt we will ever get a 'Raxxla is here' message.

And that would be a good thing. I only want clues, no "here it is"-messages. A statement from a dev however, that Raxxla is still somewhere out there, would be very desirable! :D

Last edited:
I'm thinking that eventually the signals trail will reveal a possible sector where the convoys are getting the AI relics and Sap 8 etc from.
There must be an outpost or planetary base that is producing this stuff.

Thargoid Paradise

Good Evening CMDR's!

I have to report that I have still not found Raxxla! :eek:

But:
My recent discovery I can not help describing as the thargoid paradise.

See for yourself:

thargoidParadise01.jpg

thargoidParadise03.jpg

thargoidParadise02.jpg

thargoidParadise04.jpg

Sadly, I could find no lights on the dark side. ;)

If you are looking for piles of Elite Missions, try the Canonn's proposed home system of Varati. I took 4 Obfuscating missions in 1 hit yesterday, all to another station in the same system. There are always many Sap 8 missions available to those with the rank.
The system is also the closest to Polaris.

Guys, can I help if I am not Elite?

I am a Founder; not sure if any missions will be available.

My job is a problem solving job in real life, I'll take a look at the black boxes later. Didn't realise there were voices!

Essentially, this CMDR has broken himself through burning time in the UA storyline to absolutely no avail and a bit of chissling off of the game's enjoyment. Kind of stumbling around blind and without hope at the moment, trying to find excitment and purpose in an ENTIRE GALAXY. I need to leave the Pleiades before this all gets to me.

Let me know if I can help, CMDRs.

PS I can't find it now - did someone post a thread with a picture of Raxxla on the galaxy map?

PS Hi Dommaarraa

PPS Please help with advice guys I am REALLY struggling with this game at the moment

Last edited:

My job is a problem solving job in real life, I'll take a look at the black boxes later. Didn't realise there were voices!

Essentially, this CMDR has broken himself through burning time in the UA storyline to absolutely no avail and a bit of chissling off of the game's enjoyment. Kind of stumbling around blind and without hope at the moment, trying to find excitment and purpose in an ENTIRE GALAXY. I need to leave the Pleiades before this all gets to me.

PS I can't find it now - did someone post a thread with a picture of Raxxla on the galaxy map?

PS Hi Dommaarraa

PPS Please help with advice guys I am REALLY struggling with this game at the moment

Hi Cmdr, you can absolutely help, although I must admit that clues are scarce and far between. Getting the voice fragments from the black boxes (Founder or Elite, so you should be good) will absolutely be a big help. Best clues right now, and has been for some time, are the missions mentioned first in this thread. Please forgive my presumptuousness when saying that the best advice I have for you and by reading your post, is to search within yourself to find new strength by whatever means you can find. It could by taking a break from the hunt, whether that be the UA quest (which seems at an end for you) or this very hunt for Raxxla which is even more intangible and illusive than the UA quest, or go into the black to find the Abyss and win the staring contest to cleanse yourself. Perhaps even give yourself a vacation from Elite Dangerous (I know, it's crazy).

When I feel like getting an Elite boost, the image below is one of my favorites that I keep coming back too :)
elw3.jpg

I hope this was helpful in some small way, Cmdr.

If you are looking for piles of Elite Missions, try the Canonn's proposed home system of Varati. I took 4 Obfuscating missions in 1 hit yesterday, all to another station in the same system. There are always many Sap 8 missions available to those with the rank.
The system is also the closest to Polaris.

Thanks, Cmdr. Will definitely check Varati out, heard that a bunch of Gr8Minds is hanging out at Varati, perhaps some of it will rub off?

Edit: Btw, can you remember if the missions were for different factions?
Edit: You're right Dommarraa, had 3 "Obfuscated In..." missions tonight at Bond Hub, Varati. Missions from Varati, Bond Hub to Varati, Forsskal Hub, this is a bit unusual for so many missions to go into the same system. This could be interesting.

Last edited:

PS Hi Dommaarraa

[Not RP]
Hey there, Comandante. Sorry to read of your frustrations. I'd picked up a bit on them in the UA 'Threadnaut' and had been hoping to see you in-game so I might be able to... y'know... offer some advice directly. I think you'll find an awful lot of us are only too happy to try and help you find your groove in the game, even if we all have a different one. That's the key, I suppose, finding a groove - even though it can change per our mood every other session of play sometimes! I think we friended each other in-game when you were along to the last 'Biscuit Barrel' (and I'm sorry if any of that overwhelmed you or left you cold) but if not, I hope you'll send me a friend request there so, perhaps, I might be able to help directly a little. As for burning through the UA storyline, you certainly ain't alone. Pretty much all of the commanders who've involved themselves in it feel that way from time to time, and even regularly. (There probably should be a club!) But feeling a bit 'barred' from fully enjoying the game, that's... if you'll excuse the phrase.... Just Not On! We need to kill that feeling, kill it with heavy ordnance or just by... y'know... helping you find your groove, and so... yeah... waffling now, I know, I do that.... find me in-game and I'd be only too happy to see if I can't help.

PS Hi Dommaarraa

Absolutely you can help. Every single post a CMDR makes on the forums, and every single bit of keeping eyes peeled, every bit of random just before sleep thought, or random crazy idea helps. Some CMDR's are good at diligently looking at data for clues, others are great at exploring, some excel at crazy tinfoil thinking, some are all about the pew pew and lend their support to operations. In short, whatever you enjoy doing in the game, make that how you contribute your efforts, and if you're into RP weave it into your story.

So if you've gotta get out of the Pleiades, go. Go have some fun, do your thing. Your mind will still be ticking over and then at some moment you'll see something in game and make a connection, or wake up in the night and rush to the forums.

I hope that helps in some way CMDR.

o7

[Not RP]
Hey there, Comandante. Sorry to read of your frustrations. I'd picked up a bit on them in the UA 'Threadnaut' and had been hoping to see you in-game so I might be able to... y'know... offer some advice directly. I think you'll find an awful lot of us are only too happy to try and help you find your groove in the game, even if we all have a different one. That's the key, I suppose, finding a groove - even though it can change per our mood every other session of play sometimes! I think we friended each other in-game when you were along to the last 'Biscuit Barrel' (and I'm sorry if any of that overwhelmed you or left you cold) but if not, I hope you'll send me a friend request there so, perhaps, I might be able to help directly a little. As for burning through the UA storyline, you certainly ain't alone. Pretty much all of the commanders who've involved themselves in it feel that way from time to time, and even regularly. (There probably should be a club!) But feeling a bit 'barred' from fully enjoying the game, that's... if you'll excuse the phrase.... Just Not On! We need to kill that feeling, kill it with heavy ordnance or just by... y'know... helping you find your groove, and so... yeah... waffling now, I know, I do that.... find me in-game and I'd be only too happy to see if I can't help.

Hi Cmdr, you can absolutely help, although I must admit that clues are scarce and far between. Getting the voice fragments from the black boxes (Founder or Elite, so you should be good) will absolutely be a big help. Best clues right now, and has been for some time, are the missions mentioned first in this thread. Please forgive my presumptuousness when saying that the best advice I have for you and by reading your post, is to search within yourself to find new strength by whatever means you can find. It could by taking a break from the hunt, whether that be the UA quest (which seems at an end for you) or this very hunt for Raxxla which is even more intangible and illusive than the UA quest, or go into the black to find the Abyss and win the staring contest to cleanse yourself. Perhaps even give yourself a vacation from Elite Dangerous (I know, it's crazy).

When I feel like getting an Elite boost, the image below is one of my favorites that I keep coming back too :)

I hope this was helpful in some small way, Cmdr.

Cheers chaps :)

No, these forums if anything are superb - good grammar, well thought out questions, philosophical banter... I love it!

It all started a few months ago... I was getting restless so went out into the blue yonder. I never came back with my data, because I stopped off at a mining field. A week later I logged on, as I did so, my ship appeared spinning saying "eject, eject". I hadn't even started. All the data gone :( Submitted crash report, n one got back to me.

CMDR Powell - you chaps were superb the other night, though it was through my own frustration (I was also recovering from illness which makes it more difficult).

ATM I want to get my hands dirty - get some sounds, record some things. Done loads of black box missions, so might head back to the bubble.

I suppose all I want to do is at the end of the week say "Hey I did some stuff this week".

Ultimately I think it boils down to the fact that I've not played a modern game before and the more I play this, the less I am bothering with it. Shame.

So I'll report in soon with some recordings... I am hoping they'll be different to the ones already found!

Great pictures, Cmdr!

Funny, I also look for lights on the other dark side :)

Thanks, and btw:

After I had asked CMDR Erimus nicely, he inserted our search into the "Age of pioneers" paragraph of his great thread "Galactic Mapping - A Community Project".

Link: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=116450&p=1808217&viewfull=1#post1808217

From the "Age of pioneers" paragraph:
July 3301
snip

★ The Quest to find Raaxla begins, with many pilots collating data and clues on the whereabouts of this mysterious world.

Perhaps some explorers will find it and are joining our ranks. :)

PS Hi Dommaarraa

Hey, don't worry too much. FD might be highly seceretive and solving their puzzles can be a real nightmare at times, but there is always some logic behind it, no matter how twisted.

Just keep in mind some things:

1) The game isn't going anywhere. Take a break if its getting to you. You and others are on the forefront of this, and chances of someone else beating you few to the answer... well, its possible, and its not a bad thing anyway, but if you keep half an ear to the ground i'm sure you won't be left behind.

2) Whatever FD have planned might not be there in its entirity yet. You may have got as far as its possible to get at this time. It may be, for example, that Horizons will be required to move forward.

3) I doubt it will lead to a second galaxy regardless of what the lore indicates. We have a very big galaxy with many sealed off areas. Whatever the missions are leading up to, its probably something fairly local.

4) Good luck! Rooting for you to solve this.

PS: Once again, FD have stated people are overthinking things in relation to the alien artifact. Simplify. Don't get caught up in grand theories.

Last edited:
Hey, don't worry too much. FD might be highly seceretive and solving their puzzles can be a real nightmare at times, but there is always some logic behind it, no matter how twisted.

Just keep in mind some things:

1) The game isn't going anywhere. Take a break if its getting to you. You and others are on the forefront of this, and chances of someone else beating you few to the answer... well, its possible, and its not a bad thing anyway, but if you keep half an ear to the ground i'm sure you won't be left behind.

2) Whatever FD have planned might not be there in its entirity yet. You may have got as far as its possible to get at this time. It may be, for example, that Horizons will be required to move forward.

3) I doubt it will lead to a second galaxy regardless of what the lore indicates. We have a very big galaxy with many sealed off areas. Whatever the missions are leading up to, its probably something fairly local.

4) Good luck! Rooting for you to solve this.

PS: Once again, FD have stated people are overthinking things in relation to the alien artifact. Simplify. Don't get caught up in grand theories.

Hey, thanks for your positiveness folk. I Typically I'm a quiet one, so for me to start getting miffed, things must be bad lol.

So in the end I headed back to the Bub, and started boosting my dark wheel standing. First task is to get some audio samples off the BBs; but, if the folk are available to give me audio for the UA, I'll try that too.

I suppose I'd like to get involved in the storylines; and last weekend I tried (finding a UA), and like many other frustrated CMDRs, got nowhere.

I did get to trailblazer though.

Right! Can't play for a few days now, but when I see you again I'll have some audio for you... I have done SO many of those black box missions, didn't realise they had audio!

Top Bottom