yeah but is that the only fact we know what with the rumor that its orbition the 8th moon of a Gas Giant and so on?
It's the Dark Wheel station that's rumoured to be orbiting the 8th moon - not Raxxla. As far as I know everything officially mentioned by FD regarding Raxxla is on the front page, but I stand to be corrected.

It's time to use the Elite naming method: to combine short fixed elements in pseudo-random order: Tionisla, Zaonce, Exesle, Xeesle, Zarvaar.
And KIC 8462852 is Raxxla.

So I'm gonna assume that's a no........
Oh i spent many a fruitless night doing that... But im sure there is more territory to be searched there. I spent most of my time heading out to the area between reorte an ridequat for some reason..

edit.. Here are some old galnet articles relating to strange things around the Old Worlds/ Lave ... Possibly Dark Wheel related ... but to be honest I think these were for a Walden Clone storyline that didnt take off....

17 APR 3301 Weird Science in the Old Worlds (nolonger found on the galnet archives)

Reports coming from GalNet correspondents in the Old Worlds this week have noted a sizable surge in illegal technology being shipped throughout the sector. Details as to the exact nature of the tech are currently sketchy at best. Some witnesses report large shipments of alien weaponry have been passing through the docks in Lave.

Others claim rogue scientists operating in Riedquat have been experimenting with biomechanical enhancements. Still others say that a band of malicious software engineers from Quator have been working on a new type of hostile AI.

Whatever the truth, Commanders traveling to the Old Worlds are advised to be on the lookout for any suspicious activity and to avoid all unknown wings when passing through the area.

10 AUG 3301 Where's Walden Now?

Today marks 36 years since the last ‘Walden Day’, the annual celebration of the great leader across all four continents of Lave, where prefects, primes and factors would try to outdo each other with how much love they could show the planet’s ruler.

Lave in 3301 does its best to forget the past. Years of relative prosperity and capitalist competition between the LFO, the Defence Party and the Workers of Lave reflect the different social classes of the planet’s regions. Each formed out of different parts of the old regime and its adversaries. But the question remains, what actually happened to Doctor Hans Walden?

The holovid footage of his execution has been replayed countless times on hundreds of programmes. Some preach conspiracy, others see tampering, but most agree that Walden’s clone research, journals, and the numerous patents sold to Imperial contractors bearing his name point to his having experimented with the duplication of his own genetics.

Since 3265, the government has released no evidence of hidden scientific laboratories on Lave or any of the plotted asteroids in the system. Rumours of a secret colony on Lave II have never been confirmed, either, but the rumours keep resurfacing. Yes, Walden was executed during a live vidscreen broadcast...but was that the only Walden? Could there be others, lurking out there on a nearby planet, waiting to return? If there are any clones left, forgetting the past won’t help us deal with the future.

oops forgot ... this might explain missing moon/asteroid...
c5OtG2T.png

Last edited:
In the network I found an old short novel that came with the first Elite (СMDR Drew Wagar spoke about it in his stream). Translated into Russian for the Russian speaking community. There is a phrase:
"– Ракксла – это не что-то инопланетное, это призрачный мир, планета-легенда." - what is translated into english as: "Raxxsla is not something alien, this is a ghostly world, a planet legend.
This gives an understanding that we are still looking for a PLANET. What narrows down the search.

Six months ago, i saw the topic on the official forum here, where people were looking for tourist beacon. There they offered a list of already open beacons and points of interest. But there were many not open. I thought, if we take their data and periodically check, then we may find the place that interests us, if it is marked by a beacon or point of interest. To do this, look at the proposed job in the ports for the transport of passengers. In contrast to us, the NPC mechanic knows where beacon (or point of interest) is located and offers to visit it. You just need to compare whether the system (beacon or POI) is open or not. If not, then it makes sense to visit this place. Perhaps by natural selection we will find our place.

currently visiting all Original Elite Systems that are in Elite: Dangerous

Here is my post with a file with much of the info if it helps. More if there are no planets in galaxy 5-8. There are lots of extra finds with alternative results though. And I think 31 confirmed systems in galaxy 1 and 1 in galaxy 2. Atius. I did atius and up to the R's. But I haven't gone to as many as I ran out of scan data to give to get rep with the major groups.

The file has the mostly up to date info with results for galaxy 1-4 and the remaining names for galaxy 5-8.

I should probably go finish those up.

Last edited:
I've been think a lot lately about what exactly we've been told and some how I don't get why he said that "FDev has to make some of it a tiny bit obvious so that players know what their doing" I don't see what is obvious about Raxxla...

Oh i spent many a fruitless night doing that... But im sure there is more territory to be searched there. I spent most of my time heading out to the area between reorte an ridequat for some reason..

edit.. Here are some old galnet articles relating to strange things around the Old Worlds/ Lave ... Possibly Dark Wheel related ... but to be honest I think these were for a Walden Clone storyline that didnt take off....

17 APR 3301 Weird Science in the Old Worlds (nolonger found on the galnet archives)

Reports coming from GalNet correspondents in the Old Worlds this week have noted a sizable surge in illegal technology being shipped throughout the sector. Details as to the exact nature of the tech are currently sketchy at best. Some witnesses report large shipments of alien weaponry have been passing through the docks in Lave.

Others claim rogue scientists operating in Riedquat have been experimenting with biomechanical enhancements. Still others say that a band of malicious software engineers from Quator have been working on a new type of hostile AI.

Whatever the truth, Commanders traveling to the Old Worlds are advised to be on the lookout for any suspicious activity and to avoid all unknown wings when passing through the area.

10 AUG 3301 Where's Walden Now?

Today marks 36 years since the last ‘Walden Day’, the annual celebration of the great leader across all four continents of Lave, where prefects, primes and factors would try to outdo each other with how much love they could show the planet’s ruler.

Lave in 3301 does its best to forget the past. Years of relative prosperity and capitalist competition between the LFO, the Defence Party and the Workers of Lave reflect the different social classes of the planet’s regions. Each formed out of different parts of the old regime and its adversaries. But the question remains, what actually happened to Doctor Hans Walden?

The holovid footage of his execution has been replayed countless times on hundreds of programmes. Some preach conspiracy, others see tampering, but most agree that Walden’s clone research, journals, and the numerous patents sold to Imperial contractors bearing his name point to his having experimented with the duplication of his own genetics.

Since 3265, the government has released no evidence of hidden scientific laboratories on Lave or any of the plotted asteroids in the system. Rumours of a secret colony on Lave II have never been confirmed, either, but the rumours keep resurfacing. Yes, Walden was executed during a live vidscreen broadcast...but was that the only Walden? Could there be others, lurking out there on a nearby planet, waiting to return? If there are any clones left, forgetting the past won’t help us deal with the future.

oops forgot ... this might explain missing moon/asteroid...
c5OtG2T.png
I'm not sure if its relevant, but several years ago there was a bug in the mission system where you could get missions to systems and planetary bases that were locked behind permits.
I got a mission to deliver something to a planetary base on lave 2 I accepted it but couldn't approach the planet (obviously). It's the first mission that I failed so I might have a picture somewhere which lists the mission giver and received. I'm a kickstarter founder and it was a time when I was taking the dark wheel missions from shinrata.

That was DISO 5 C
It was definitely lave2 - i thought I was going to get the permit!
It happened shortly after horizons was released so around 2016. 2017. It's not the current bug from here.
Edit: it's this one involving navigator base. On the thread is a pic of the bases on lave2. I don't think it is relevant to Raxxla.

Last edited:
I've been think a lot lately about what exactly we've been told and some how I don't get why he said that "FDev has to make some of it a tiny bit obvious so that players know what their doing" I don't see what is obvious about Raxxla...
The obvious part is not about what or where Raxxla is.

What FD has made obvious is that Raxxla is in the game, in the Milky Way and that they know how to get there.

The rest is up to us to figure out.

I think Braben is perfectly happy with Raxxla remaining a mystery. I doubt that he will give much more direction than we already have.

In the network I found an old short novel that came with the first Elite (СMDR Drew Wagar spoke about it in his stream). Translated into Russian for the Russian speaking community. There is a phrase:
"– Ракксла – это не что-то инопланетное, это призрачный мир, планета-легенда." - what is translated into english as: "Raxxsla is not something alien, this is a ghostly world, a planet legend.
This gives an understanding that we are still looking for a PLANET. What narrows down the search.
Rafe smiled, shaking his head. Suddenly there was a brilliant sparkle in his eyes: 'Raxxla's no alien, Alex. It's a ghost world. A planet. A legend . . .' He hesitated, staring quizzically at the younger man through the distant link between them, 'Jason really said that to you?'
Alex nodded. 'Moments before . . . It was the last thing he said.'

This is the original English version.

The whole 'tiny bit obvious' possibly related to the older DW missions which were binned.

They were bit obvious because they discussed Raxxla ergo 'tiny bit obvious'.

Think we ought not to rely too much on old clues nor lore as its likely FD has scrapped that narrative in favour of what we have now.

I'm going off the assumption all current lore is in the codex and anything prior to that may no longer be relevant.

If ever there is another Q & A we ought to get this clarified.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure those SAP 8 / Raxxla flavour missions were perma-binned. More like removed to stop people finding something too quickly when the longevity of the game is at risk. What else is there for triple Elites to do besides kick each other in the nuts for bragging rights once the great mystery is solved?

Top Bottom