What if ciphers like that are what they use in their name generation systems. Did anyone every figure out the name generation for the different elite games?
Sort of, all I can say without breaking any copyrights, the name-generation is based on a carefully constructed string. It should be the same as used in early Elite games. However it changes depending on version/edition.

You can get the source for the name-generation in several online repositories for the Oolite universe.
One place is the "Oolite interactive map":

Via 3dOoliteGals.js you can read & reconstruct the name-generation from the "function getSystemName(w0, w1, w2)"

If you wish to play the Oolite edition (sorry, getting offtopic) have a look here: http://www.oolite.org/download/

Sorry, I thought it would be nice to share this, but I'll stay away from responding anything that goes offtopic Raxxla from here on.

Last edited:
What if ciphers like that are what they use in their name generation systems. Did anyone every figure out the name generation for the different elite games?
Did the live stream video D2EA made give any results? He ended up with a list that was pretty narrowed down.

Do we know, roughly how much of the galaxy has been explored now? I was a little stunned to see in the Codex that I had visited 3000 systems, without exploring too much, mostly inside the Bubble. I consider myself a newbie. I know the galaxy is huge, but how many systems are accessible? Is it literally hundreds of billions?

In that case, if Raxxla was located at the far side of the galaxy, it seems that it would take some time to find it, unless someone was very lucky?

Suspicious isn’t it! And you’re other half would be Three, and there are a lot of triangles in ED, including the basis for the rotating hexagons in the HUD. Admit it, youre a Raxxlan in disguise adding to the obfuscation to keep us from finding the goal! 😉😁
Good point.

I would like to point out to anyone finding triangles / patterns to go have a look at this quite funny and interesting watch on youtube, about 1 hour of your time.
Science 101 by Matt Parker from 2010.
Altough a bit low quality (DVD) this is still one of the best summaries I've seen from Mr. Parker, the later one's are just excerpts from this one.
Source: https://youtu.be/sf5OrthVRPA

From 5-6:00 minutes he'll be hammering your mind with what we humans are wired to do.
Pattern analytics is a quite tough challenge.

Last edited:
Do we know, roughly how much of the galaxy has been explored now? I was a little stunned to see in the Codex that I had visited 3000 systems, without exploring too much, mostly inside the Bubble. I consider myself a newbie. I know the galaxy is huge, but how many systems are accessible? Is it literally hundreds of billions?

In that case, if Raxxla was located at the far side of the galaxy, it seems that it would take some time to find it, unless someone was very lucky?
Accordingly to EDSM:
0.009639% of the galaxy has been discovered on EDSM, it will take 39,934 years, 8 months, 9 days to discover it entirely.
EDSM listed only stars reported by 3d party software directly from commanders who use it, but this is exactly that rough estimate you wanted to see.
So, if we exclude all permit-locked regions, we can estimate roughly 20 000 years to find Raxxla by brute-force exploring :)

Accordingly to EDSM:
0.009639% of the galaxy has been discovered on EDSM, it will take 39,934 years, 8 months, 9 days to discover it entirely.
EDSM listed only stars reported by 3d party software directly from commanders who use it, but this is exactly that rough estimate you wanted to see.
So, if we exclude all permit-locked regions, we can estimate roughly 20 000 years to find Raxxla by brute-force exploring :)
I'm entirely certain someone could easily write a program that would essentially find raxxla.

Accordingly to EDSM:

I kind of doubt that Raxxla will reveal it self from regular scanning and probing. 20 000 years is probably a bit low. :rolleyes:

And even though I've never tried to hunt Raxxla, nor do I understand half the stuff that's said here, I've always enjoyed reading about it. Keep up the good work everyone (however many forum pages it takes).

Dont worry mate, we dont understand half the stuff said here either!
It’s the craic that counts! Keeps you (relatively) sane during the Quest! 🙂

Last edited:
I kind of doubt that Raxxla will reveal it self from regular scanning and probing. 20 000 years is probably a bit low. :rolleyes:
Most probably you are correct. I think it behaves like Voyagers and will reveal itself in contacts in close proximity only. In this case it can be in any system, even in the Bubble or nearby.

DW just posted this to his twitter and Website on the second anniversery of the Salome event! Not the text. Apparently no one noticed it last year. Maybe it is dark wheel related? (Premonition has a lot of what appear to possibly be Dark Wheel characters in it.)

Best first guess at the left side text: (looks to be a calligraphy font)
ZL/YNFG/ERDHRFG/VF/GUNG/LBH/NYJNLF/.../ERZRZORE
VIA CANONN DECRYPTOR (That thing is awesome!!!!)
My Last Request is that you always ...Remember

So Remeber is likely the key for the text on the right?
RememberSalome.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom