Flying around the Kwatis system after reading the reddit thread. Randomly got a update :"Mission Objective Detected." to go to a degraded emissions site. However, I don't currently have any active missions...please don't be a bug...

Flying around the Kwatis system after reading the reddit thread. Randomly got a update :"Mission Objective Detected." to go to a degraded emissions site. However, I don't currently have any active missions...please don't be a bug...
Happens. I was flying around Sol and got that but it was “Mission Objective: Trading Beacon” Some type 9 was there and gave me a mission to get 80T or something to a nearby star port. Elite rank recommended. Had 4 guys come after who I killed and was given an extra 500Kc for. However even with a full completion it led to nothing. I heard someone say that they heard DB say “follow the missions” but that’s still about as vague as everything else. I’m convinced there is something off about one of the planets in that system though. Like I said in my previous post, I encountered music I’ve never heard as I searched an area but lost the location and the music. And the surface looked...different.

I noticed it this morning, very puzzling considering that it's been a long time since she died. wonder if the galaxy is going to finally be a little more fun for change?

Edit: by the way where are all the code breakers and puzzle grand masters when you need them lol
Edit 2: P.S. where did you get that picture cos I can't seem to get a downloadable copy anywhere
Aren't we forgetting the potential of clones. The Dark Wheel book involved the clone planet. That might explain part of this. Edit: probably not. There are 31 or 32 names in the first two galaxies. Unless there are more in the other ones I haven't gone over yet.
It even names the clone planet.

Left part is a simple ROT-13:
text.png

Zl ynfg erdhrfg vf gung lbh nyinlf... Erzrzore
ROT 13
My last request is that you always... Remember.
(Thanks Node_ for pointing out the first one was a Z rather than a G 🤦‍♀️ )

Right part looks like the output of a more complex encryption, maybe Vigenere.

Could he mean to remember Raxxla? What if those words are the systems from the original game that exist in ED?
That sounds like the Qoute from the book linked above where it jason is told to remember Raxxla!

The text version for anyone who want to play with it. I did my best to avoid mistypes, but my sight is not so good and maybe someone can re-check it.

eyketsoa
icineccans
rhT7aamtC7
oloRqExal
aAnonVt
1ieso
iypuloe
tnlhboRClar
H17nE
anlI7CDsD
typrrhSu
utlnsi
RcemoiecL8H
iein i
seedteMA
rleEes
aR2rCeha
CiieMls
eAti
xstfGu
a 9
u dAcH1
9baEaaata
WltQui
IrFseRa
irFna
0rrnoLT
iRtealaae
ohrierH4isi
Ctord
Vmiema
oaEufnxZrP
4h6iim
w 1un
yGwTsD
ea
Mbsuoib
alt
PmeiT4
oPoiO0nar
iuui
itScatsai6
Sumsnkpe
munVitiDo
diou
paI6K4r
nua
P5lytPe
Are these just shuffled names for planets or systems? Or are they something like peoples playe names who have visited Raxxla mixxed up.

Last edited:
Aren't we forgetting the potential of clones. The Dark Wheel book involved the clone planet. That might explain part of this. Edit: probably not. There are 31 or 32 names in the first two galaxies. Unless there are more in the other ones I haven't gone over yet.
It even names the clone planet.

Could he mean to remember Raxxla? What if those words are the systems from the original game that exist in ED?
That sounds like the Qoute from the book linked above where it jason is told to remember Raxxla!

Are these just shuffled names for planets or systems? Or are they something like peoples playe names who have visited Raxxla mixxed up.

from drewwagar via /r/EliteDangerous sent 22 hours ago
Indeed. It concerns Salomé, not Raxxla

You heard him, stop posting everything in this thread.

Just picked this up from r/EliteDangerous

The reflection in her eyes is the same as an image that Drew posted a year ago. He's pushing something.
What is she looking at! Star system? Constellation... Orion's Belt?

Edit: It might not be vital, or an INTENTIONAL repetition.. if it is the same picture of Kahina, just in a different light.

Edit: I know that this is now the "wrong thread" since this is more about Salome. Just wanted to pitch that last finding. Moving on :)

Attachments

• 1oIDoUk.jpg
    1oIDoUk.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 332
  • RememberSalome.png
    RememberSalome.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
So my digging around Kwatis system came up blank. Mostly. I was digging around C3 A and kept getting guardian site music. Twice I got music that was new to me, similar vibe to the g.site music though. At one point 2 ships flew past me, scanned me, then went a few km over and just started hovering off the ground and looking at the same point. I did a loop and found that they were pointed at a small camp thing. Scanning the beacon gave me a message saying “Listen for anything unusual”. I’ll upload a recording of that later. But the odd thing is that my SRV nav panel picked up a signal from 6Kls away. Sadly I lost the signal when I entered my ship but from the distance I know it came from C8 (eight moon of the star, breathing intensifies). But looking around the planet without a location turned up nothing. Here’s the sc showing what I’m on about.

Attachments

• C140C8D4-0F55-459F-8356-0F34D6B280A2.jpeg
    C140C8D4-0F55-459F-8356-0F34D6B280A2.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 413
I got a similar thing about mission detected, but I didn't follow it. I couldn't find any sights. I probably should have visted the beacon. Can't remember where it happened. It was a different system.

Also didn't have a ship with an srv.

Are you elite in exploration or anything? Maybe mission pop up like this after you get elite status in various areas.

I was digging around C3 A and kept getting guardian site music. Twice I got music that was new to me, similar vibe to the g.site music though.

That's very interesting, given "the siren of the deepest void" and (supposedly) her music.

Last edited:
That's very interesting, given "the siren of the deepest void" and (supposedly) her music.
Well, guess I’m going back to find it. C8 has an INSANE amount of crashes ships. Or some sort of wrecks but there are occupied escape pods everywhere. The music was odd tho. I’ll be on C3A if anyone needs me lol

This whole Kwatis system seems pretty good to me. I mean what are the chances that this is pure coincidence? Very low.
Nowhere near as low as you might think.

I took the database of all 6-letter populated systems (2610 systems), and the UK English dictionary file from my Linux desktop (87940 words of at least six letters), and did an exhaustive Vigenere cipher search using four different algorithms (is Raxxla the decoded or encoded form, is 'a' or 'z' the leave-unchanged character) for just under a billion possibilities.

It returned three results (not counting Kwatis, as "Hexedit" is not in that dictionary file)

The three results are:
System: Calili
Cipher: Pampas (using 'a' as 'leave unchanged')
Result: Raxxla

System: Pisagi
Cipher: Brewer (using 'z' as 'leave unchanged)

System: Raxxla
Cipher: Handba {handbag or handball} (using 'a' as leave unchanged)
Result: Yakama

Brewer, eh? What's the chance that one of Frontier's major lore-significant corporations would be cipherable with an obscure Imperial mining system to produce the word Raxxla? This one doesn't even require us to discard the last letter of "hexedit" (or "handbag"...) to make it fit, and it's a ciphertext clearly originating in Frontier lore, rather than from a 3rd-party author who doesn't know where Raxxla is.

Or, if we allow system names > 6 characters, as well as ciphers > 6 characters, you can also use
System: Imeutrimudj {no other systems begin Imeutr}
Cipher: Inscri {inscribe, inscription, etc.} (using 'z' as leave unchanged)
Result: Raxxla {and a bit more, depending on which inscri word you use}

(The Pisagii system also works as well as Pisagi with Brewer, if you want)

System: Raxxla....
Cipher: Courts {or courtship} (using 'a' as leave unchanged)
Result: Toroesing {no other systems begin Toroes}

So that's three more options, and "inscribe" and "courts" seem like nice mysterious ciphertext words to me. Better than "handbag", anyway.

Sticking with just the 6 letter systems, but using the system name as the cipher itself, we can also get a seventh option

Cipher: Laguts {system} (using 'a' as leave unchanged)
Result: Cadres

In other words, depending on how many alternatives you try for the ciphering, Hexedit + Kwatis is one of between four and eight options, and it's not even in my opinion the best of those (Pisagi + Brewer is better).

Nowhere near as low as you might think.

I took the database of all 6-letter populated systems (2610 systems), and the UK English dictionary file from my Linux desktop (87940 words of at least six letters), and did an exhaustive Vigenere cipher search using four different algorithms (is Raxxla the decoded or encoded form, is 'a' or 'z' the leave-unchanged character) for just under a billion possibilities.

It returned three results (not counting Kwatis, as "Hexedit" is not in that dictionary file)

The three results are:
System: Calili
Cipher: Pampas (using 'a' as 'leave unchanged')

System: Pisagi
Cipher: Brewer (using 'z' as 'leave unchanged)

Cipher: Handba {handbag or handball} (using 'a' as leave unchanged)
Result: Yakama

Brewer, eh? What's the chance that one of Frontier's major lore-significant corporations would be cipherable with an obscure Imperial mining system to produce the word Raxxla? This one doesn't even require us to discard the last letter of "hexedit" (or "handbag"...) to make it fit, and it's a ciphertext clearly originating in Frontier lore, rather than from a 3rd-party author who doesn't know where Raxxla is.

Or, if we allow system names > 6 characters, as well as ciphers > 6 characters, you can also use
System: Imeutrimudj {no other systems begin Imeutr}
Cipher: Inscri {inscribe, inscription, etc.} (using 'z' as leave unchanged)
Result: Raxxla {and a bit more, depending on which inscri word you use}

(The Pisagii system also works as well as Pisagi with Brewer, if you want)

System: Raxxla....
Cipher: Courts {or courtship} (using 'a' as leave unchanged)
Result: Toroesing {no other systems begin Toroes}

So that's three more options, and "inscribe" and "courts" seem like nice mysterious ciphertext words to me. Better than "handbag", anyway.

Sticking with just the 6 letter systems, but using the system name as the cipher itself, we can also get a seventh option

Cipher: Laguts {system} (using 'a' as leave unchanged)
Result: Cadres

In other words, depending on how many alternatives you try for the ciphering, Hexedit + Kwatis is one of between four and eight options, and it's not even in my opinion the best of those (Pisagi + Brewer is better).

Some decent work right there, thank you. Scientific tests and math to the rescue. +1

From Drews Stream:

Salome is not related to Raxxla
The dots in the eyes are irrelevant
Drew doesn't know where Raxxla is
"I do not believe that Raxxla and the Rift are connected (though I can't rule it out as I do not know where Raxxla is, or even what it is - I suspect that may be a truly 'endgame' item for ED). Certainly Raxxla is nothing to do with me." - Drew Wagar (emphasis mine)

Yes, it definitively needs repeating, he said this many times in previous posts as well.
Although I believe that Althalen is 100% right when he said that the reflection in her eyes has nothing to do with Raxxla, since it wasn't FDev who provided him that image of Salomé.

I wouldn't put Raxxla into that as DB & MB in the past has been quite clear that there won't be any more new clues on Raxxla. It's up to us with what we have in game.

Top Bottom