I had a bit of a look round - it's the first eight moon gas giant I've found since becoming aware that eight moon gas giants were the thing - but didn't see anything. It's entirely possible, of course, that the big secret dark wheel base is fiendishly disguised as an utterly unremarkable ice moon 60000Ly from Sol.

Although it would be one heck of a trek to catch a Rohan's Real Earth Ale with the other TDW'ers...

Operation Less Than Three is progressing: benevolent missions have gone to 23 systems, 49 factions, in which I have 36 Allied, 6 friendly, 4 cordial, 2 neutral and 1 unfriendly relationships.

And only lost one Federal Corvette.

LTT 5212, Gnowee & LP 908-11 seems to be high on the faction favorite list for TDW.

LTT 5212 has 5 factions, and 4 factions for the last 2 system were benevolent missions have been sent.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/page-381#post-7745479

Last edited:
You're being a bit defeatist. What about all the people looking for things like the Yeti, Atlantis, Noah's Ark, King Solomon's Mines, the Holy Grail, Bigfoot, the list goes on. They have been searching for decades, centuries even. And they are looking for all these things on ONE PLANET!
Don't count on finding Raxxla anytime soon. ;)
To be perfectly honest with you i was doing a little fishing hoping to get a rise out of one of the Devs so maybe they might throw us a crumb or two. I don't know if Raxxla is real or even what it is i just know i'm tired of following this lead and that theory and it not bearing fruit, i wasn't trying to put people off looking for it for without those people we'd never find anything and i'll never truly give up either until it's found or Fdev tell us it was never in game.

To be perfectly honest with you i was doing a little fishing hoping to get a rise out of one of the Devs so maybe they might throw us a crumb or two. I don't know if Raxxla is real or even what it is i just know i'm tired of following this lead and that theory and it not bearing fruit, i wasn't trying to put people off looking for it for without those people we'd never find anything and i'll never truly give up either until it's found or Fdev tell us it was never in game.
It was a poor attempt at humour on my part. However, unlike the examples I gave, which as far as I'm concerned don't exist, I think there is a good chance Raxxla does.

Here's a short recap of my endeavors:
Lately I've been doing both normal and passenger missions for TDW, got a few tip off missions, but the game client crashes when skimmers are shooting at me. The bug is confirmed, but not yet fixed, so that's on hold. 😠 The missions have progressing difficulty, might that be an indication of TDW's test?
I want to visit Alpha Site in Formidine Rift and hear for myself is sirens are singing there, but none of TDW's famous explorers don't want to go even in the general direction.
While waiting for one, I'm trying to raise TDW's influence in LFT 926, but it seems I'm doing it alone.
I want to test my jewel in the Nut's brow hypothesis, but both brute force flying from one system to another and searching for nearby compatible systems from the list are tedious and time consuming. Either I or a guy from Reddit will write a program that will print all systems with 8 moons around gas giants near my position.
Until something changes, I'll continue grinding my rep with TDW's allies and changing their influence in LFT 926. Any help is more than welcome. :)

Edit: One more thing I'd like to try is throwing SAP-8 containers with other stuff (Trinkets of Hidden Fortune, Soontil relics) into a Thargoid Device. I'd love to believe that those spiraling stars there are not just a fancy decoration.
You are not alone in your efforts. I can personally assure you that. Myself and like 5 other cmdrs are also trying this. It never seems to move though.

Just noticed something funny in the list of original game systems. No systems start with F,H,J,K,N,P,W,Y.(8 letters) Those are numbers 6,8,10,11,14,16,23,25.(adds to 113, a prime.) That is only 18 letters of the alphabet. Does this have to do with 8-bit games. Maybe two 8-bits with an extra bit each.

Maybe the lost 9th galaxy consists of all the systems with those letters as the start! 8p

BTW, got alt tabbing up minimally. I should finish with the checklist of systems for the last 4 galaxies if nothing else gets in the way.

Last edited:
Operation Less Than Three is progressing: benevolent missions have gone to 23 systems, 49 factions, in which I have 36 Allied, 6 friendly, 4 cordial, 2 neutral and 1 unfriendly relationships.

And only lost one Federal Corvette.

LTT 5212, Gnowee & LP 908-11 seems to be high on the faction favorite list for TDW.

LTT 5212 has 5 factions, and 4 factions for the last 2 system were benevolent missions have been sent.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/page-381#post-7745479

Hey Macros,

I don't have the in-game time to be able to assist materially with verifying 'Operation Less Than Three' personally, however I have been keeping a rolling list of factions that The Dark Wheel has missions for/against for a while now to see if I can collate any data points that might help narrow the focus a bit.

I'm trying to verify if there are a select few factions that remain on their constantly 'active' mission listing so I can focus on these myself.

I thought it might help you out a bit as I started this before your first posting about OL3.

/ Ra.

Edit:
Updated List 23/10/2019 here:

Last edited:
I literally posted a screenshot of what appears to be a dark planet in witch space and no one acknowledged it. Beginning to doubt the productivity of this forum lol.

Something caught my eye while jumping about in the bubble.. right side center. What does that look like?
I literally posted a screenshot of what appears to be a dark planet in witch space and no one acknowledged it. Beginning to doubt the productivity of this forum lol.
Impossible to see what you saw. You need to highlight and point out what you saw. The quality is really bad, sorry to say.
Then again, it's currently impossible (due to mechanics) to escape a in progress jump. So I doubt any of objects, 'stars', gas-clouds, nebulas, or whatever you see there is a representation if anything ingame.
If you've explored out there in the void you may have noticed that the sequence bears no resemblance to where you are.
The jump-sequence is a 'transition loading screen' put in place while the next system and it's data is loaded.

How could I repeat what you see?
I was flying from SD to Delphi, I’d have to look at my video to see which system jump produced it. But I decided there could be clues in the hyperspace jumps and began taking a recording and then went back and watched it frame by frame. Saw that.

It doesn’t break any of the parameters stated so far. It’s in the game. It was at launch. It’s a gateway to somewhere/something. It’s a place that’s not a place. And the whole TDW toast can be interpreted as no matter where you go, you see it. I think Raxxla is in witch space. That picture looks like a planet up against the boundary of the witch space tunnel. It almost even looks like there is an opening in the darkness to the right of the sphere. As if it’s an opening to normal space dimension with the darkness pouring out. They’ve said it’s going to be slightly obvious so I don’t see it being hidden behind SO much math puzzles.

I’ll get the systems I was jumping between on here ASAP. Although I couldn’t replicate this exactly.

Impossible to see what you saw. You need to highlight and point out what you saw. The quality is really bad, sorry to say.
Then again, it's currently impossible (due to mechanics) to escape a in progress jump. So I doubt any of objects, 'stars', gas-clouds, nebulas, or whatever you see there is a representation if anything ingame.
If you've explored out there in the void you may have noticed that the sequence bears no resemblance to where you are.
The jump-sequence is a 'transition loading screen' put in place while the next system and it's data is loaded.
You can clearly see a dark sphere on the very right side, center height. Sadly the console video capture kills the quality. Here is what I’m talking about zoomed in and brightened up a bit. It’s not crazy to say it looks like a dark planet or moon. With an opening in space to its right. Could even argue it looks like light is coming in through the opening and hitting the sphere.

Attachments

• 2AFED6CE-0284-46A6-9776-E2D1F847A685.jpeg
    2AFED6CE-0284-46A6-9776-E2D1F847A685.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 475
Because everyone loves the greco roman tie-ins ...

I thought Id just point out that there is a magical amulet that was widely used that has both an Ouroboros and a Omphalos on it.
often you would find them dedicated to Iao/Abraxas, Ororiouth and other gods.

other-am5.jpg

ummm they were uterine amulets .... basically talismans promoting a healthy uterus....

https://ancientanatomies.com/2017/12/10/uterine-amulets/

Is the Dark Circle a secret order of galactic gynecologists ?

You can clearly see a dark sphere on the very right side, center height. Sadly the console video capture kills the quality. Here is what I’m talking about zoomed in and brightened up a bit. It’s not crazy to say it looks like a dark planet or moon. With an opening in space to its right. Could even argue it looks like light is coming in through the opening and hitting the sphere.
Well, the sound graph (lower right) looks pretty "agitated". If no other transitions have that dark blob, I'd check all the systems in-between those two.

The Dark Wheel has somewhere, according to the Codex, a stealthed toroidal space station orbiting the eighth moon of a gas giant; they claim to have lost Raxxla in the past-pretty careless if you ask me. There’s nothing much to miss out on lore wise -it may/may not show up on fss/dss & possibly has to be found visually. So fly over to any eighth moon you come across, turn on night vision, have a look around, and tell us if you find it. 🙂

I checked a couple of systems out towards Beagle Point on DW2, needless to say I have nothing to report!

Some people have compiled a list of such systems from EDSM & are searching in the bubble. Of course it may not be in the bubble......or it may be....

They never lost Raxxla, because they never got there. When Jason Ryder was killed, they lost their only member that may have known the way to get there.

They lost the map, not the place.

Top Bottom