For those who follow the mythology, Oomphalos stone etc, Delphi was discussed andeveryone seemed to jump on a base in the Pleiades. Has anyone checked out Delphi Control Chapter by Pluto in Sol? (don't understand the new symbols yet, but think this is an installation rather than a tourist beacon). In Sol now, can look if requested.

edit: it's a Mother Gaia Security Installation
edit2: there's a crashed Anaconda on Charon with some cargo units + two shipping containers (couldn't land Tyko's Krait to check it out-landscape too rough) with a landed pirate FGS nearby.

Last edited:
For those who follow the mythology, Oomphalos stone etc, Delphi was discussed andeveryone seemed to jump on a base in the Pleiades. Has anyone checked out Delphi Control Chapter by Pluto in Sol? (don't understand the new symbols yet, but think this is an installation rather than a tourist beacon). In Sol now, can look if requested.

Have some Delphia cake, while you search.
mobile

I've noticed that the contents of the witch space tunnel you travel through DOES change with location. When you are closer to the Pleiades area, there are more Thargoid looking star things, and somewhere between the main bubble and Pleiades, the dark planet looking thing I posted about appear. Generally when you're about 3/4 of the way to Pleiades. I can't seem to spot the dark planet thing when I'm anywhere else. On one occasion, while jumping back and forth in the same 30-40ly area, I spotted 3 of them during transit. I think that the things we see in hyperspace are the "obvious" clues DB mentioned. I think the real challenge is figuring out how to either enter witch space without a jump, or how to interact with whatever Raxxla is. Most lore about witch space involves structures and strange objects and I don't think thats just to add to creepy vibes.

One thing I was thinking about was maybe finding an older piece of FSD tech that could allow entry to the other dimension.

Also want to point out that the Gen ship Thetis logs describe the weird signal they got as a whisper and that mystery doesn't seem to have been fully solved yet either.

on the hypothesis that it may be very obvious, and the RAX_XLA letters spell out (R=18, A=1, X=24, L=12) system coordinates, I've just jumped from Core Sys Sector ON-T b3-7 (18, 1, 24) to LHS 2429 (24, 12, 1)
conclusion: nothing to report! ;)

likewise LHS 2661 (19, 48, 13) :cool:

likewise Alrai Sector JB-X b1-5 (19, 12, 48) - just in case they swapped Y&Z coordinates!

Last edited:
I've noticed that the contents of the witch space tunnel you travel through DOES change with location. When you are closer to the Pleiades area, there are more Thargoid looking star things, and somewhere between the main bubble and Pleiades, the dark planet looking thing I posted about appear. Generally when you're about 3/4 of the way to Pleiades. I can't seem to spot the dark planet thing when I'm anywhere else. On one occasion, while jumping back and forth in the same 30-40ly area, I spotted 3 of them during transit. I think that the things we see in hyperspace are the "obvious" clues DB mentioned. I think the real challenge is figuring out how to either enter witch space without a jump, or how to interact with whatever Raxxla is. Most lore about witch space involves structures and strange objects and I don't think thats just to add to creepy vibes.

One thing I was thinking about was maybe finding an older piece of FSD tech that could allow entry to the other dimension.

Also want to point out that the Gen ship Thetis logs describe the weird signal they got as a whisper and that mystery doesn't seem to have been fully solved yet either.

I think in the early days the tunnel was very consistent, and it changed (not sure when) so that its contents also include some references to nearby stars or such like. I remember being very bored of the tube when first playing..

edit: it's a Mother Gaia Security Installation
edit2: there's a crashed Anaconda on Charon with some cargo units + two shipping containers (couldn't land Tyko's Krait to check it out-landscape too rough) with a landed pirate FGS nearby.

I was in Sol when the codex was first released, so I went straight to the installation and got the normal mini-game where they are attacked by priates etc. Nothing extrordinary, but your mileage may differ..

It would be epic if the final thing to unlock whatever it is was to gently whisper “raxxla” into your mic.

If you're looking at Raxxla being IN witch space, then you'll have to research all the actions that we can take while in witch space, for starters. Maybe it's not the actual whispering of it, maybe it's the "push to talk" key.

I was in Sol when the codex was first released, so I went straight to the installation and got the normal mini-game where they are attacked by priates etc. Nothing extrordinary, but your mileage may differ..

I scanned the first data terminal (or whatever it was called) & received a message calling for help under attack by hostile forces. Didn’t look Raxxla-related so set off on Tyko’s trip to Heart Neb to get the mileage (lightyearage?) for Palin, and try to push him up to Elite Explorer, currently at 18% Pioneer.

A few pages back there was talk of the procedural generation in ED, and its relation to the previous games. Thought I'd try to summarise what I know about it in ED:

In the 1984 game, a single procedural generator was used to create the entire 8 galaxy set including locations and names,economies, etc. All of this is very well documented on the web. Names have been discussed in detail here, and yes its impossible for Raxxla to be a world in the 1984 elite. In fact the entire code has been searched, so there is no Raxxla in that game. This is not suprising given the timeline of the novella which appeared just in time for initial (physical media) release of the game, which itself was almost not finished.

if you like coding then this link is comprehensive:
http://blog.rabidgremlin.com/2015/01/14/procedural-content-generation-creating-a-universe/

So getting to ED - procedural generation is used here too. What's different is that the Milky way is simulated in its entirety. This includes the inclusion of many star catalogues from real life astronomy which is where names like HIPxxx and HDxxxx come from. There are some oddities to this data and you may notice in the more distant areas from the bubble the occasional cylinders of named catalogue stars with the cylinder pointing towards Sol - these are regions where RL astronomy has concentrated telescope action on a small area of stars.

In order then to create the rest of the milky way, FDEV have used procedural generation to create all the other stars we see in order to get correct star densities (so we stand a chance of making travel) and to map them on to the Herzspring-Russel diagram for star types and lifetimes. For far out areas this is where the names like EORGH PRUAE XR-A D14-5 come from

Other stars have been given names, including the old world systems from the 1984 elite - not all are in the game - there is a list earlier in this thread and there is the google doc mentioned too. Only galaxy 1 is well represented and a couple from galaxy 2 (maybe by coincidence, as Han Zen put it). ATEN appears in 2 galaxies, an anomaly in the old game. In addition the constellations of many earth mythologies are represented along with plenty of other hand named systems, some of them player named.

see: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1984t4QKggEujou5WTSNYdMoS3dxitjePIbGhevkysNE/edit#gid=0 for old world systems

From our work on fed station numbers we understand from official sources that each system has a seed number. This is used to generate the Fed Station number for the 1st station in the system, for instance. What else the seeds are used for is not known. In addition planets and moons are also procedurally generated - this is touched on in this FDEV video:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTBvpd3_Vqk

In addition it looks like station names are generated from list pairs (i.e. Burnell Port - list1;list2) as there are a lot similar names in the game see for instance: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_K3x6Y6nDgEdvnYGSFB1xUrKdCy3kNtGOwoIwnkeiFY/edit

It's possible that the seed is part of this generation process, but whats different in ED is that there is a hybrid of procedural and hand edited systems. Most likely R is a hand edited feature, so reverse engineering the procedural generation may not help much.

If we were to choose a cake for the thread, it would probably have to be a honey cake. Did we discuss the interesting connection between chthonic figures, honey and bees in the Greek mythology a few dozen pages back? http://www.sourcememory.net/readings/Pythia.pdf ? Let's have a great Raxxla bake off.
594px-Medovik.jpg

Possibly, but I think my eyes honey-glazed over!
Baclava!
Gesundheit!

If we were to choose a cake for the thread, it would probably have to be a honey cake. Did we discuss the interesting connection between chthonic figures, honey and bees in the Greek mythology a few dozen pages back? http://www.sourcememory.net/readings/Pythia.pdf ? Let's have a great Raxxla bake off.
594px-Medovik.jpg

Damn right, biscuits are so 2017.
Back on the topic of science, let's have a look at the layers of the gas giant in question.
hqdefault.jpg

Someone wanted a list of all procedural possibilities or Ra XX la. From the one wiki at least.

RAXXLA:

"ABOUSEITILETSTONLONUTHNOAL" (used by the planet description string)

RAabLA
RAboLA
RAouLA
RAusLA
RAseLA
RAeiLA
RAitLA
RAtiLA
RAilLA
RAleLA
RAetLA
RAtsLA
RAstLA
RAtoLA
RAonLA
RAnlLA
RAloLA
RAonLA

RAnuLA
RAutLA
RAthLA
RAhnLA
RAnoLA
RAoaLA
RAalLA

and " ' 'LEXEGEZACEBISOUSESARMAINDIREA'ERATENBERALAVETIEDORQUANTEISRION" (Planets and systems)

RAleLA
RAexLA
RAxeLA
RAegLA
RAgeLA
RAezLA
RAzaLA
RAacLA
RAceLA

RAebLA
RAbiLA
RAisLA
RAsoLA
RAouLA
RAusLA
RAseLA
RAesLA
RAsaLA
RAarLA
RArmLA
RAmaLA
RAaiLA
RAinLA
RAndLA
RAdiLA
RAirLA
RAreLA
RAeaLA
RAa'LA
RA'eLA
RAerLA
RAraLA
RAatLA
RAteLA
RAenLA
RAnbLA
RAbeLA
RAerLA
RAraLA
RAalLA
RAlaLA
RAavLA
RAveLA
RAetLA
RAtiLA
RAieLA
RAedLA
RAdoLA
RAorLA
RArqLA
RAquLA
RAuaLA
RAanLA
RAntLA
RAteLA
RAeiLA
RAisLA
RAsrLA
RAriLA
RAioLA
RAonLA

Note: RA and LA are only in the system+planet lexecongen. There is no RA or LA in the planet string which is the first set of names. So, I'm assuming the first list is mute.

Last edited:
Top Bottom