I've noticed that the contents of the witch space tunnel you travel through DOES change with location. When you are closer to the Pleiades area, there are more Thargoid looking star things, and somewhere between the main bubble and Pleiades, the dark planet looking thing I posted about appear. Generally when you're about 3/4 of the way to Pleiades. I can't seem to spot the dark planet thing when I'm anywhere else. On one occasion, while jumping back and forth in the same 30-40ly area, I spotted 3 of them during transit. I think that the things we see in hyperspace are the "obvious" clues DB mentioned. I think the real challenge is figuring out how to either enter witch space without a jump, or how to interact with whatever Raxxla is. Most lore about witch space involves structures and strange objects and I don't think thats just to add to creepy vibes.

One thing I was thinking about was maybe finding an older piece of FSD tech that could allow entry to the other dimension.

Also want to point out that the Gen ship Thetis logs describe the weird signal they got as a whisper and that mystery doesn't seem to have been fully solved yet either.
Press and hold "TAB" when jumping, that worked very well on the Atari ST...

Z...

CMDR Guru-951 has lots of reasons, but the main ones are
  • It's the only system name mentioned in the codex for TDW or Raxxla
  • It's described as the location of the first known mention of Raxxla (even though it says the legend is already old at the time of the first mention)
  • There's a station orbiting a comet, which is somewhat unusual
It's also the name of my coffee shop!

Z...

I might have a possible lead, but I'm not good enough at combat to be sure!

So all the codex clues lead me to believe that we were looking for Thebes. Amphion is a character mentioned in Stella and Arestophel. In mythology, Amphion is credited with building the wall around Thebes. He then killed himself after his wife and children were murdered. A parent's grief, a lovers woe. Also, there is an Ophalos stone in Thebes.

When I found New Thebes in Aganippe I was momentarily excited before realizing it is not a landable planet. Right next to New Thebes, however, there is a government installation called the Universal Finance Beaurau, or something very similar. Strange that a financial institutions main concern is allegedly a stock of medical supplies that must be protected.....this is according to their distress call

The installation has a hackable comms array and two hackable data transmitters. I THINK that these may give us a clue to Raxxla.

The trouble is, despite being an Elite explorer, I am "mostly harmless" with mostly being more like totally and pathetically. Basically, I cant get my hand on the data because the automated defenses kill me!

I cant find anything about this installation or its data on Google. Has anybody checked this out already? If not, would somebody with more combat skills care to try?

My only ask is that if somebody gets the data, that they share it here, rather than running off to find Raxxla all by themselves! xD

I'm convinced Raxxla will be a very disappointing find. It's been in from the outset, so how could it be any other?
The fun is in the journey, not in the destination!

It's been in the game since the start, sure, but that doesn't mean FD can't update it along with the rest of the game. For all we know, we're actually on to our 3rd iteration of RAXXLA in the game :unsure:

It would be epic if the final thing to unlock whatever it is was to gently whisper “raxxla” into your mic.

100's of CMDRs start whispering into their mic

A small snippet gif from the Interstellar Initiatives video, Bridging The Gap at 1:52. Sadly was not able to slow it down enough to see it frame for frame.
Starts in Dahan, closest system to Ithaca (Home of Odysseus) and as it zooms out it reveals Aganippe and Demeter, among others, including Ao Qin. Also shows Barnard's Loop and Andromeda. All the systems which launched me into this black hole of a journey.

Last edited:
Went to Aganippe, scanned and hacked the hackables. Nothing but data, no messages were sent to my inbox, I'm afraid.

Flew inside the structure through the hatch, couldn't see anything special though. Video uploaded to YT. Should be viewable when YT decides to make it so.

Thanks very much for cheking this out Macros, I really appreciate it. Sorry it was a dead end. You made it look easy by the way!

Ok, given the dead end at New Thebes, but continuing with the Amphion theme. I know this is a bit out there, but has anybody considered a Star Trek Easter egg?

I am not a Star Trek fan, but in researching Amphion, I stumbled across something interesting....

In Star Trek, Amphion was a dead star in an antimatter universe that acted as a gateway from our universe, which was accessible from a white hole in our universe in the Beta Niobe system.

If this tin foil theory was right, then we would be looking for the stella remnants of Beta Niobe, the location of which is "The chart depicted Beta Niobe close to Ariannus and as far away from Earth as the Romulan Neutral Zone for example. The chart, first seen chronologically in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, set in 2293, was also seen in several Star Trek: The Next Generationand Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes set in the 24th century."

Do you think this is an angle worth persuing?
Has anybody considered it already? If not, I don't suppose there are any Star Trek fans on here, who could help determine the location???

Thanks very much for cheking this out Macros, I really appreciate it. Sorry it was a dead end. You made it look easy by the way!
I don't know. It looked like he could put something there, between those 2 Reactors, once he got inside. Like Relics in the Guardian sites.

cKc5H7A.png

Last edited:
Ok, given the dead end at New Thebes, but continuing with the Amphion theme. I know this is a bit out there, but has anybody considered a Star Trek Easter egg?

I am not a Star Trek fan, but in researching Amphion, I stumbled across something interesting....

In Star Trek, Amphion was a dead star in an antimatter universe that acted as a gateway from our universe, which was accessible from a white hole in our universe in the Beta Niobe system.

If this tin foil theory was right, then we would be looking for the stella remnants of Beta Niobe, the location of which is "The chart depicted Beta Niobe close to Ariannus and as far away from Earth as the Romulan Neutral Zone for example. The chart, first seen chronologically in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, set in 2293, was also seen in several Star Trek: The Next Generationand Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes set in the 24th century."

Do you think this is an angle worth persuing?
Has anybody considered it already? If not, I don't suppose there are any Star Trek fans on here, who could help determine the location???

The only star charts that I've ever seen of the Star Trek universe have been two dimensional. I'm not sure that you could reliably determine the location of anything from Star Trek using that information alone. Back in the 1980s I tried to figure out where some of Trek's fictional worlds would exist in three dimensional space (I really, really wanted to know the location of Spock's homeworld) but it was always a bust.

The only star charts that I've ever seen of the Star Trek universe have been two dimensional. I'm not sure that you could reliably determine the location of anything from Star Trek using that information alone. Back in the 1980s I tried to figure out where some of Trek's fictional worlds would exist in three dimensional space (I really, really wanted to know the location of Spock's homeworld) but it was always a bust.

Well, that one I can help you with. I came across the info whilst looking for info on star charts. Spock was from Vulcan right? Vulcan was based on the star 40 Eridani. This star is real, and in Elite Dangerous....I have it bookmarked because I went there to try to figure out the quadrants. I believe the Star Trek star maps were Vulcan maps, so I thought it might help, but didn't.

I don't know. It looked like he could put something there, between those 2 Reactors, once he got inside. Like Relics in the Guardian sites.

cKc5H7A.png
It's a good idea starbrow. I've already proven myself incapable of getting inside! I don't have any guardian stuff for the same reason. Do you fancy checking it out?

Well, that one I can help you with. I came across the info whilst looking for info on star charts. Spock was from Vulcan right? Vulcan was based on the star 40 Eridani. This star is real, and in Elite Dangerous....I have it bookmarked because I went there to try to figure out the quadrants. I believe the Star Trek star maps were Vulcan maps, so I thought it might help, but didn't.

Vulcan is alternately listed as either 40 Eridani or Epsilon Eridani, depending on the source. PopSci has an article that mentions this: https://www.popsci.com/planet-vulcan-star-trek-eridani

Back in the 80s, before Gene Roddenberry confirmed it as 40 Eridani, I leaned heavily toward Epsilon Eridani.

It's a good idea starbrow. I've already proven myself incapable of getting inside! I don't have any guardian stuff for the same reason. Do you fancy checking it out?

The problem would be getting the guardian stuff to settle between the two nodes without the use of an SRV. I think you'd have to be pretty adept at dumping cargo to get it into those goal posts. Maybe its wide enough for a SLF to squeeze in there?

Last edited:
I just thought the whole anti-matter universe that shares the same space would fit with a place that isn't a place? Maybe.

Not to mention the concept of Raxxla as some kind of alien portal. In the episode "All our Yesterdays" the inhabitants of Beta Niobe's only planet, Sarpeidon, managed to escape their star's supernova by way of portals that allowed them to resettle into different time periods in their own planet's past.

A small snippet gif from the Interstellar Initiatives video, Bridging The Gap at 1:52. Sadly was not able to slow it down enough to see it frame for frame.
Starts in Dahan, closest system to Ithaca (Home of Odysseus) and as it zooms out it reveals Aganippe and Demeter, among others, including Ao Qin. Also shows Barnard's Loop and Andromeda. All the systems which launched me into this black hole of a journey.

The path of that camera movement is a line. It's like a ship backing out of a garage port, then u-turning to boost forward along the same direction.

It's easy to set up a utility in Excel for "give me the line created by these two points"; the x,y,z coordinates of the points along the line just increase proportionally to the coordinates of your two index points. You can get the coordinates for any "distance" along the line, 1000 LY, 2000 LY, etc. You can go there.

You have several points, so that means you have a jitter (cylinder around the line where things may be).

The galaxy is a pancake. Some lines can be very short, if they angle up or down and hit the floor or ceiling of the pancake. For example, Sol -> Maya -> beyond. Some lines can be medium: Cupid's Arrow -> Maya -> beyond. Some can be very long, Reorte -> Riedquat -> Syreadiae JX-F C0 -> beyond.

There's a lot of jitter if you take Reorte -> Riedquat as the points for a line; they're too close together. Not enough digits of precision in the coordinates of those two systems results in hundreds of LY of jitter by the time you get to Syreadiae. However, Reorte -> Syreadiae is a very thin precise line; the points are far apart.

In any case, you've identified those systems and they're familiar. Follow the camera along its line.

This series of Galnet articles is possibly Raxxla related:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ship Stolen from Starport
25 APR 3305
An independent pilot’s ship has been stolen from a starport hangar in the Vega system.

The ship’s owner, Commander Bjorn Lennox, told Vox Galactica:

“I’d docked my Diamondback Explorer at Fort Dixon for some routine maintenance, and to enjoy a short break following a deep space exploration voyage. When I went back to the landing pad I discovered the hangar was empty and my ship had gone missing!”

The starport issued a statement from Security Chief Misaki Sanders:

“We are at a loss to explain how the thief managed to hijack our security network, gain entry to a docked and sealed ship, and override authorisation checks to fly out of the station unchallenged.”

“Nearby systems have been alerted and we are collecting leads to track down the stolen vessel. In the meantime, we are conducting an inquiry into how these breaches of docking bay protocols could have occurred.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Docked Ship Thief Identified
03 MAY 3305
The individual responsible for stealing a docked Diamondback Explorer in the Vega system has been identified.

Fort Dixon Security Chief, Misaki Sanders, told the media:

“We have determined that Commander Bjorn Lennox’s vessel was stolen by a starship technician, who evidently acted alone without backup.”

“The technician, Gan Romero, has worked at Fort Dixon as a member of the hanger service teams for the past eleven years. He has a stable home life on the station with a wife and three children, with no criminal record.”

“Although Romero’s job gave him access to landing pads, it does not explain his ability to bypass ship security protocols or launch without authorisation. We have yet to determine his motive or destination.”

“The scope of our investigation is widening and we hope to know more soon.”

Ship Theft Mystery Deepens
11 MAY 3305
Mystery continues to surround Gan Romero, the starship technician who single-handedly stole a docked vessel in the Vega system.

Romero’s wife, Lara, agreed to an interview with Vox Galactica:

“I haven’t the faintest idea why Gan took that ship, or how he managed it. It’s totally out of character for him. He’s not impulsive or even ambitious really. Always been the practical type, which is why I married him. I can’t believe that he would do anything like this.”

“Had he been acting strangely? Well, something was on Gan’s mind…I guess you could say he’s been distracted recently. I’ve caught him staring out into space a few times. And his sleep was disturbed by intense dreams, although he never wanted to talk about them.”

“The kids keep asking when their dad is coming home. I just hope the Fort Dixon security services can find some explanation for all this, and bring Gan home to us.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have been thinking along the same lines and have just arrived at Fort Dixon. So far nothing unusual. Found a „mayday“ USS, which held an Adder run out of fuel. Will be scanning Frameshift wakes outside Fort Dixon later.

Top Bottom