You can transform Lennox into Raxxla with a Vigenere key gwkkxd. But it's not that, it just sounds like Lennox's DBX may have had something in the logs that even he didn't know about, and Romero saw it during maintenance, and caught the fernweh.

You can transform Lennox into Raxxla with a Vigenere key gwkkxd. But it's not that, it just sounds like Lennox's DBX may have had something in the logs that even he didn't know about, and Romero saw it during maintenance, and caught the fernweh.

Mmm, with his recent episodes of sleep disturbance with intense dreaming, and periods of distraction, I think this is more likely mind control/hexedit related, or even AI construct; hadn’t been looking at Guardian relics/blueprints/ materials recently had he? Expect a storyline in about 2 years...

Perhaps Romero was in a state of cosmetic enlightenment. ;)

Following up on Gurus advice: Loads of Romeros on Wiki. Most of them seem to be content playing football, serve the church or to be Artistes. None of the is/was an explorer of any kind, one is a game designer who gave us Quake.

I was curious to see if I might see something Raxxla-related in the patch notes from Gamma, and sure enough, buried way down in the list ... "Secret added". Lots of people in the comments seemed to suspect that it meant Thargoids, but since the Thargoids didn't show up until much later, I suspect it was Raxxla (whatever that may be). I think it's neat that they put things like that in the patch notes. I think I'll continue to look over the more recent patch notes to see if any clues might be lurking about.

I was curious to see if I might see something Raxxla-related in the patch notes from Gamma, and sure enough, buried way down in the list ... "Secret added". Lots of people in the comments seemed to suspect that it meant Thargoids, but since the Thargoids didn't show up until much later, I suspect it was Raxxla (whatever that may be). I think it's neat that they put things like that in the patch notes. I think I'll continue to look over the more recent patch notes to see if any clues might be lurking about.

It could have been Drew's Anaconda.

Probably it was in this thread already. This logo of Raxxla looks like triple aspect of Hecate who often was imaged as a triple woman figure. She brings the light by holding torches. Also same visual and back was for Artemis, Persephone and Eileithyia (Ilithyia) who lights the dark for the children. There are two systems with this names but no any variations of Eileithyia.

P.s. My bad English's joke: Ilithyia - Elite(yia) :D

I am pretty sold on Hecate ( ya some of this has been gone over before.)

Yup - The strophalos or circle of hecate is very similar to the inner part of the raxxla logo. ( circle with three arcs)

A door that is also a key.... Hecate is a goddess of gateways/ transitions and key bearer....

From the bits and pieces of the Chaldean Oracles it depicts Hecate as something of a conduit between realms...

This gets into Neoplatonism and Starts me on the song of the spheres and sirens ...
Check this paper out: "Sirens: From the Deadly Song to the Music of the Spheres. Homeric Readings and Platonic Interpretations"

To tie things up we go to the Myth of Er from Platos Republic where he describes the gates of hell. (and talks about Lady Fate, which to be honest I thought Id hear more of)

Here is an interesting paper talking about "PLATO’S X & HEKATE’S CROSSROADS ASTRONOMICAL LINKS TO THE MYSTERIES OF ELEUSIS

well atleast its giving me some new ideas on where to look...

The thing to remember about the Codex is that it exist in-game as a feature that our CMDRs can access from their cockpits.

To place any meaning in the particular logo that was chosen for the Raxxla entry in the Codex is to assume that whoever designed the Codex's interface in the game universe posseses some kind of knowledge about Raxxla that allows them to say, "This circle, nested inside a hexagon is intrinsically representative of Raxxla".

I find it far more likely that the icon is completely arbitrary. Lacking any other graphical representation for Raxxla both the fiction in-game curator of the Codex and Frontier Developments have opted for a more-or-less random collection of geometric shapes and cobbled them together to create an icon simply out of the need for us users to have something inside the codex to select when accessing the Raxxla entry. Trying to assing any hidden meaning behind the image is probably a waste of energy. Even if the image somehow contains a deeper hidden meaning it is unlikely that we'll be able to decode that meaning without the right context.

On the other hand ... the lack of any serious leads toward locating Raxxla makes it irresistable to speculate on even the slightest piece of evidence.

I am pretty sold on Hecate ( ya some of this has been gone over before.)

Yup - The strophalos or circle of hecate is very similar to the inner part of the raxxla logo. ( circle with three arcs)

A door that is also a key.... Hecate is a goddess of gateways/ transitions and key bearer....

From the bits and pieces of the Chaldean Oracles it depicts Hecate as something of a conduit between realms...

This gets into Neoplatonism and Starts me on the song of the spheres and sirens ...
Check this paper out: "Sirens: From the Deadly Song to the Music of the Spheres. Homeric Readings and Platonic Interpretations"

To tie things up we go to the Myth of Er from Platos Republic where he describes the gates of hell. (and talks about Lady Fate, which to be honest I thought Id hear more of)

Here is an interesting paper talking about "PLATO’S X & HEKATE’S CROSSROADS ASTRONOMICAL LINKS TO THE MYSTERIES OF ELEUSIS

well atleast its giving me some new ideas on where to look...

Do you realize there is a system called hecate. I just got it in a tourist trip mission. It has multiple water or earth like worlds or something and tourist beacons. I think we need to go over all the tourist beacons and do tourist missions and then look at the clues. That is the other place there are written word clues.

Hecate may have been the one with the lovers destination where people propose. If a person doesn't accept it could be the lovers woe etc. It matches up. I think the hints for the clue are located in all the tourist beacons. It's just a journey to get them all and find the clues. They interestingly enough added the raxxla clues and the ability to see previously scanned tourist beacon and other data in the same patch. I don't think it's a coincidence.

FYI, I think this game was made after braben went on a long holiday and then decided to put it in a game.

Last edited:

In the same patch, we have....

Planet mapping of Titan

I thought Titan was inaccessible in-game (no permit)? They haven't put it right under our noses in Sol have they??

Top Bottom