I found a mildly interesting system.

G 180-18

• It's in Corona Borealis, close to Eta and Rho
  • It has a station called Hale Port, controlled by a Faction called Helix

Corona Borealis is the wedding crown with jewels.
Hale Ports is an anagram of Astrophel. There are four Hale Ports in ED. (LHS 1050, LHS 112, Yukait and G 180-18).
Helix is of course a spiral.

Not much, but if someone needs something to do, it's there. :)

We aren't quite there yet. Our first ship is gifted to us by a mysterious benefactor(a friend). They are keeping an eye on us.

If we prove our self, they(possibly The Dark Wheel) might contact us again.

The letter
sidewinder_gift.PNG
I compare this to Rafe Zetter making that cobra 3 available to Jason to have been kinda similar to our gifted ship from a mysterious friend. Rafe was awful mysterious. Then he made Jason earn elite. It fits.

We aren't quite there yet. Our first ship is gifted to us by a mysterious benefactor(a friend). They are keeping an eye on us.

If we prove our self, they(possibly The Dark Wheel) might contact us again.

The letter
sidewinder_gift.PNG
I know of another occasion when the friend contacts us.
Usually i don't do a lot of combat but back in January I completed a lot of 'kill pirate' missions in one system in order to gain combat elite rank (unfortunately can't remember where exactly, but it was no special faction like DW or similar). Killed hundreds of pirates of one anarchy faction which made me a hostile commander to them. I completed even more kill pirate missions and suddenly got a message from the hostile faction. They told me that its enough and that they start sending out agents to hunt me down. Soon after that another message appeared, from our 'friend' , who told me how I could get rid of those agents. Had to scan something on a planetary outpost nearby (something common like generator or turret or similar, but again cannot remember exactly). After the scan the agents disappeared. Happened two times.
I am wondering if the outcome is different if we get hostile to Dark Wheel or Pilots Federation Local Branch? It is on my todo list but it is quite hard to get hostile to those factions.

Last edited:
I found a mildly interesting system.

G 180-18

• It's in Corona Borealis, close to Eta and Rho
  • It has a station called Hale Port, controlled by a Faction called Helix

Corona Borealis is the wedding crown with jewels.
Hale Ports is an anagram of Astrophel. There are four Hale Ports in ED. (LHS 1050, LHS 112, Yukait and G 180-18).
Helix is of course a spiral.

Not much, but if someone needs something to do, it's there. :)

Excellent find. What about triangulation of those systems, anything there?

Excellent find. What about triangulation of those systems, anything there?
I haven't looked at it much. I'm currently experimenting with alignments in the Lave cluster (Galaxy 1, the mother of all Galaxies in Elite).

If you skip LHS 112, you get a plane that is very close to Sol and probably intersecting Tau Ceti. I haven't calculated the distances, but I think Tau Ceti is about a quarter of an ly of the plane. UV Ceti looks spot on.

I know of another occasion when the friend contacts us.
Usually i don't do a lot of combat but back in January I completed a lot of 'kill pirate' missions in one system in order to gain combat elite rank (unfortunately can't remember where exactly, but it was no special faction like DW or similar). Killed hundreds of pirates of one anarchy faction which made me a hostile commander to them. I completed even more kill pirate missions and suddenly got a message from the hostile faction. They told me that its enough and that they start sending out agents to hunt me down. Soon after that another message appeared, from our 'friend' , who told me how I could get rid of those agents. Had to scan something on a planetary outpost nearby (something common like generator or turret or similar, but again cannot remember exactly). After the scan the agents disappeared. Happened two times.
I am wondering if the outcome is different if we get hostile to Dark Wheel or Pilots Federation Local Branch? It is on my todo list but it is quite hard to get hostile to those factions.

Should be fairly easy to get hostile with a faction; take and drop missions immediately, although I suspect getting new missions will be getting harder and harder. Last resort would be to destroy ships belonging to the faction as you did killing their pirate ships.

Just a simple thought on a path to Raxxla.

"RA" may be, in Egyption mythology, the "Sun".
"XX" may be a "find for X" a distance traveled.
"LA" may be the first two letters of "LAve".

So, I'm plotting a path from the sun to lave, and plan to travel that path and scan everything along the way.

Probably nothing, but it should be a fun and short trip. The theory is no less valid than anything else I've heard.
I like it.

I don't see any reason why not.

Theory:
1) David Braben states "It's in the game and FDev knows where it is."
2) Michael Brooks states "No clues".
3) It has to be in the bubble, a distance reachable by a Sidewinder, given old Jump Drive range in the 1984 game, and the Dark Wheel Lore.
4) Alec Ryder was killed outside of either Lave or Leesti and knew of Raxxla, as he told his son 18 minutes before an assassian blew up his ship and ejecting his son in an escape pod.
5) Alex Ryder was not Elite, as it is suspected that those of the Dark Wheel only admits those who are, and Alec was not a member, but only knew about them.

That's all I have so far, and there are hundreds of theories on the location, but I believe it is in the bubble, close to Earth.

o7...

Theory:
3) It has to be in the bubble, a distance reachable by a Sidewinder, given old Jump Drive range in the 1984 game, and the Dark Wheel Lore.
4) Alec Ryder was killed outside of either Lave or Leesti and knew of Raxxla, as he told his son 18 minutes before an assassian blew up his ship and ejecting his son in an escape pod.
5) Alex Ryder was not Elite, as it is suspected that those of the Dark Wheel only admits those who are, and Alec was not a member, but only knew about them.

That's all I have so far, and there are hundreds of theories on the location, but I believe it is in the bubble, close to Earth.

o7...

Currently the only reliable source for clues is the in-game Codex. Previous games and novels are mostly not canon and/or don't have information on Raxxla. They might or might not be used as resource and/or inspiration. Codex entries are below: The Dark Wheel: http://bit.ly/TDW-codex Raxxla: http://bit.ly/Raxxla-codex Codex playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDwoKO1L_wOXx7A5sNwrQdagB_4dPi1Jc ■ However "The Codex is a joint initiative from the Pilots Federation and Universal Cartographics": https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5c0fadbfa9a9182e01271bb2 Forum post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/ - Do not rely on all of the information posted there but it has extensive researches in it, including information regarding the Dark Wheel missions that were removed

misinformation:

These are unconfirmed statements, we will assume they are false until we get sources for them. X Someone honked the system but didn't scan it. This rumor states a source as Elitecon (oldest citation) and a Dj Truthsayer video (with no link provided) X Decyphering the word “RAXXLA” using “HEXEDI” as a key results “KWATIS”. Nothing has been found there and it’s assumed just a coincidence at this stage. X CMDR FLAVIUS AQUILI stated he had found Raxxla and gave some coordinates, @[PC] 100.RUB (AXI) surveyed around said coordinates and in the system thoroughly and found nothing of interest. It’s now marked as deliberate disinformation

Blunt question: Does anyone know whether DB is as mason? There are several names in the game that only make sense to a mason. So if he is a member there is a possibility the riddle is based on masonic symbolism.

E.g.: Rift/Abss. There is a certain part in an A.:A.: rite where the candidate is saved from an abyss/rift by „a friend“.

Theory:

o7...

Top Bottom