Hang on a minute! How old is this quote? Who made the quote? I can't believe that Frontier would tout this mystery, and then turn around and say something like 'well, if Raxxla is found, all well and good - but the content for Raxxla isn't going to be there for a few more years...'! How stupid would that be?

Hi Spaceace,

I'm a bit confused If you're referring to the comment at the top of the page where you linked my post from, or my actual post? The post was from Starbrow about the timeframe, and I don't think it was a quote more a lament.

My comment was directed at a quote which was from Drew's book as per below:

"Jorki Rasalas said:

Don’t know where you got “19....” from. The correct quote is:

“The truth is far more subtle than they will ever suspect. Shinrarta is merely a front.’
‘So …?’
‘You should not consider the Dark Wheel a single organisation, gentlemen. How could it survive for so long if it were? The Wheel has many levels, many hubs, cogs, gears and spokes.”
“It is more akin to an affiliation of organisations that share certain common goals. Interlocking in purpose. Consider yourselves now spinning on the outermost rim.”

Excerpt From
Elite Dangerous: Premonition
Drew Wagar
This material may be protected by copyrigbht. "

I subsequently discovered the 19 from an earlier thread post was a copy from the PDF which the page number aligned co-incidentally between the text across pages and it transferred when pasted, causing some confusion.

/ Ra

[FEDERAL CORVETTE: DEUS BELLUM, ID: RA-DB1]
[CREW: CMDR RaNaketh; PILOTS: UNKNOWN (but believe to be ELITE)]
<COMMANDERS LOG - #001232>
<START TRANSMISSION>
Woohoo, we did it. We stole the data from right under their noses. Hah, take that you Empire scum!!

My tricked up SRV nailed those pesky skimmers, defence turrets you thought were invincible, and managed to dodge the heavy Goliaths fire whilst securing the data. Then I bolted, under fire, shields almost gone, and hull depleted to 15%, but I made it out of HIP 1742 and Ruthfoss Depot alive!

Now, lets use that encryption key provided by that mysterous stranger to see what we've actually got. I bet it's worth millions and likely a dangeous secret that'll change the course of the universe as we know it. Probably the latest Guardian tech, or some future ship plans.

{KEY ENTERED; DECRYPTING}

Yes, here is comes.

Wait, WHAT THE ....?!@?# I fought for this crap, is this some kind of sick joke? Mother ...... !@ They'll pay, they'll absolutely pay when I find out who this mysterous stranger is.

{SCANNED MESSAGE; Corporate Data Log: That's them - the Greenventure Group. I know they have a reputation for being environmentally friendly but they ain't. Three of the systems they terraformed last year had rare flora and fauna that they just wiped out to make way for colonisation. I have all the evidence I need. This is the big one - this is gonna make me rich...}

(the sound of smashing lavian brandy glass is recorded)

CMDR RaNaketh signing off
<END TRANSMISSION>

Well not unexpected, it's the same as previous scanned message results. I did learn a lot about ground installation infiltration and scanning though and had a great time doing it!

So back to data mining TDW and rank Founder/Elite missions I go to see if they're ever duplicated!

Fly Dangerously.
/ Ra

Just playing around with the Raxxla logo ...

Interesting take on the image being an eye given that one of the most striking images from The Alien World is the Raxxlan project "The Eye of the Beholder":
DDNDlFWVwAEWOOp.jpg

"The Eye Of The Beholder. A Raxxlan projection which appeared above the primitive world Winter D, populated by sentient, but unadvanced insectoids. The Eye became an overwhelming symbol of the evil that stared from the heavens, so disorienting the creatures that the Oisir-Raxxla were able to build their structure and depart without life being lost."
Which, of course, became the inspiration for my ouroboros/eyeball avatar.

Rays, or even crossroads of a sort? Since Hecate was associated with three-way crossroads in particular?

From Wikipedia: "Cult images and altars of Hecate in her triplicate or trimorphic form were placed at three-way crossroads"

I'm hesitant to associate Hecate with Raxxla directly, assuming Raxxla is some sort of ancient alien construct that should have no relation whatsoever to Earth mythology. However, lore-wise, since the Raxxla representation image was likely created by humans (or the Dark Wheel), then there could definitely be a connection.

Rays, or even crossroads of a sort? Since Hecate was associated with three-way crossroads in particular?

From Wikipedia: "Cult images and altars of Hecate in her triplicate or trimorphic form were placed at three-way crossroads"

I'm hesitant to associate Hecate with Raxxla directly, assuming Raxxla is some sort of ancient alien construct that should have no relation whatsoever to Earth mythology. However, lore-wise, since the Raxxla representation image was likely created by humans (or the Dark Wheel), then there could definitely be a connection.

Ya it was late 😀. Good point about the crossroads/ paths. Ya i think all the iconography / references are made up allusions to historic symbols. Not even really sure if they found Raxxla.

That raxxla symbol still looks like a cube within a cube. And the third of a circle is also seen somewhere else. It's symbol in the map related to the location the maps are leading to from delphi and the thargoid sensor stuff. One of the maps has a partial circle that looks exactly like that. What if you translate the raxla symbol from 2d to 3d treating it as a cube and see what you get. I'm not sure how to do that accurately.

A cube within a cube is also 4d I think. A tesseract.

You'll notice a tesseract at this angle has 6 sides if you remove the middle.

You'll notice it's also at this point six equalateral triangles abutted with smaller ones in the middle. Or whatever other interpretation you can make at that point. I think triangles like this are also used in the game. It could be related. Like the loading screen.

Does something about a tessaract equate to a 6 set of characters for a coordinate. Something besides for a normal cube? I still think this might be refering to the cube of stars around banards loop. Maybe raxxla is in it.

It's next to the sun in the left image. Maybe it's some older universal symbol for something. Except with raxxla there are three. (or more if it's 2d to 3d as they can hide behind each other.) And all over the center leading to the last location and from the first. Oddly enough the first had 2 and the second ones to the final point have 3 each...

Side note: https://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html
d g k r u w

That middle bit, if it's morse code, could be either:

gkd: 08,11,04
Google results
Stuff having to do with metal fabrics.
or
urw: 21,18,23
Google results
Everything from finances to you are welcome...

Unless that image is upside down that that morse code is backwards and or inverted.... Or does that come to the same thing?

Either way, that is a repeatable pattern. I wonder if that is part of the clue.

Last edited:
There is news concerning the disappearance of Gan Romero on Galnet drawing a link to president Halseys accident.

I have been reading several Galnet articles from that time and noticed that at one point Daurtu Jet Comms a shadowy organization tried to get hold of Starship one debris. Were they ever investigated DW wise?

There is news concerning the disappearance of Gan Romero on Galnet drawing a link to president Halseys accident.

I have been reading several Galnet articles from that time and noticed that at one point Daurtu Jet Comms a shadowy organization tried to get hold of Starship one debris. Were they ever investigated DW wise?

I think the implication was that corporation was attempting to gather any evidence in order to cover up sabotage. Seem to remember some player tried to dig into them but cant remember any outcome. It would be on archived threads if you can find them.

So I finally made it to Eorgh Pruae XR-A D14-5. This is a system that is seen briefly in the Frontier store videos being mapped.

20kLy away,

It contains a gas giant with >8 moons

https://www.edsm.net/en_GB/system/bodies/id/40216198/name/Eorgh+Pruae+XR-A+d14-5

Nothing interesting :(

Zero - Zilch

There go another 300 jumps to nowhere...

will take a detour back via Sag A* I supose and cash in at colonia - at least this should get my Exploration Elite as a consolation prize :(

Did you take any pics? Maybe it looks like one of the videos with the station in it from the movies in the game file.

Also, how do you do coordinates in 4d? Maybe raxxla is a clue to a 4d coordiante instead of a 3d?

Also, notice that the raxxla symbol is the obvious hexagon. And how close is the Rhombic dodecahedron to the coriolis station. I'm assuming the are not the same because of the triangles. Or can you make a tetrahedron into one? If not what 4d shape can turn into a coriolis station. Maybe we have to look at the game geometrically and analyze it all. If it can be a coriolis station from what angle does it work?! And how does that potentially relate to the raxxla symbol mathematically?

As a configuration
This configuration matrix represents the tesseract. The rows and columns correspond to vertices, edges, faces, and cells. The diagonal numbers say how many of each element occur in the whole tesseract. The nondiagonal numbers say how many of the column's element occur in or at the row's element.[6]
Or is the coriolis a pentatope?

Or is this the coriolis station:

I'm assuming the original and subsequent games were based on this type of geometry. So, it might explain what everything is.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Did you take any pics? Maybe it looks like one of the videos with the station in it from the movies in the game file.

Also, how do you do coordinates in 4d? Maybe raxxla is a clue to a 4d coordiante instead of a 3d?

Also, notice that the raxxla symbol is the obvious hexagon. And how close is the Rhombic dodecahedron to the coriolis station. I'm assuming the are not the same because of the triangles. Or can you make a tetrahedron into one? If not what 4d shape can turn into a coriolis station. Maybe we have to look at the game geometrically and analyze it all. If it can be a coriolis station from what angle does it work?! And how does that potentially relate to the raxxla symbol mathematically?

I'm assuming the original and subsequent games were based on this type of geometry. So, it might explain what everything is.

Re geometries, I think SAP-8 refers to the structure of the data crystal. Square Antiprism (SAP) the eight refers to the number of points.

I did a bit of hypothesising and searching last year based on the old mission phrasings. Check out https://forums-new.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-7137584

The only thing I can come up with for "Place that isn't a place" is :
".....The ship drifted in 'Witch Light', in the non-place in space and time......"

This is from the original Dark Wheel novella released with the original Elite...
In the BBC version of elite (i don't know about other system versions) you could actually force an exit into witch space whilst hyperspacing.

i'd also like to add (and may be completely useless info, but..) there is a lot of assumption that R and the DW are in the bubble, and again, going back to the original elite, why do they have to be? we had Galactic Hyperdrives then, why couldn't they have been in one of those 7 other 'galaxies'. Granted, there was no indication of how many Ly you'd travel by doing it, but... thoughts....

Last edited:

The Coriolis station is a Cuboctahedron.
There were dodecahedron stations as well, in the old games.

Top Bottom