Yea I think it is, it says on the
It’s a perminant place but people online say that if they out where tipped off then it can’t be permanent

Yea I think it is, it says on the
It’s a perminant place but people online say that if they out where tipped off then it can’t be permanent

Tip-off crash sites are permanent - to the best of my knowledge. I found one when I didn't have a tip-off mission - you just don't get to scan the data core or whatever its.

I saw this what it is statement myself and have wondered if it's real or not. In the version I saw, it was stated that when DB was asked if Raxxla was in the game, he said something like "That's a silly question, of course it is.........you just don't know what it is".

The author stated however, it was unclear if the WHAT Sentance was a continuation of Raxxla, or in relation to the following question.

If it was in relation to Raxxla, then that would strongly imply its not a moon/planet. So what else could it be?

A star
A black hole
A white hole
A generation ship
A different kind of ship
An astroid

Am I missing anything?
The statement is real, I watched it myself & it should be on the FD youtube site. It came from a livestream hosted by Ed Lewis and DB was one of the speakers, so I suspect it was the 3.4 release stream. Ed started to read out the questions, then got to one about Raxxla and said something like “that question was predictable”. DB responded as you say, but I think DB misheard what Ed said because the bit about “but you don’t know what it is” part seemed to be aimed at Ed ( he looked a little miffed), but it does make sense since we are fairly sure few people in FD are in on the Raxxla secret.

I’ve said for a long time that Raxxla may not be a planet; the original Elite “And Here The Wheel” novella doesn’t seem to be canon for ED, and Drew Wagar’s hyperspace-travelling moon of Lave is most definitely not canon (but good reading!) fan-fiction. The ED version might be a ship, or a derelict station, perhaps a Guardian ark ship, or even a derelict anaconda. We’ll found out when someone stumbles across it (or correctly interprets the clues.....)

Last edited:
Is/has anyone looked into Daurtu Jet Comms PLC as a possible Raxxla/DW link?

When Galnet released the story that Romero's dreams are linked to Jasmina Halseys visions (https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5ce65512b22e87324244c4d5 ), I decided to look back into older Galnet articles regarding Halsey's disappearance. During the Search for Starship One, a minor faction called "Daurtu Jet Comms" competed with the Federation in a community goal for lost debris. According to that article,

"In a strange turn of events, an organisation by the name of Daurtu Jet Comms PLC has also announced its intention to search for the missing presidential vessel. Virtually nothing is known about Daurtu Jet Comms PLC, but the fact that it is offering even larger rewards than the Federation may convince pilots to lend the organisation their support. "
(https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/56a9ec0b9657ba9647be67bd )

So a small faction - who only operate out of one star system (https://eddb.io/faction/21638), of which "virtually nothing" is known about - was willing to pay more than the Federation for clues regarding their former president/mysterious disappearance..

Something seems a bit fishy about that to me.

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
As DB said “you don’t know WHAT Raxxla is!” ...
Aw..
Alternative fact ?

Raxxla quest is tied to TDW.
That's why both are in the Codex. That's why TDW exists in game. That's why there were (are ?) the E/F missions.
And it is well known that Raxxla is... obfuscated in the outer rim and burning on the top/brow/crown of the... MW, that you need some sort of what has been lost will soon be recovered - "map thing".
Work for TDW. Only them. The Codex tells to do so. It's a personal journey.
Imho.

Is/has anyone looked into Daurtu Jet Comms PLC as a possible Raxxla/DW link?

When Galnet released the story that Romero's dreams are linked to Jasmina Halseys visions (https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5ce65512b22e87324244c4d5 ), I decided to look back into older Galnet regarding Halsey's disappearance. During the Search for Starship One, a minor faction called "Daurtu Jet Comms" competed with the Federation in a community goal for lost debris. According to that article,

"In a strange turn of events, an organisation by the name of Daurtu Jet Comms PLC has also announced its intention to search for the missing presidential vessel. Virtually nothing is known about Daurtu Jet Comms PLC, but the fact that it is offering even larger rewards than the Federation may convince pilots to lend the organisation their support. "
(https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/56a9ec0b9657ba9647be67bd )

So a small faction - who only operate out of one star system (https://eddb.io/faction/21638), of which "virtually nothing" is known about - was willing to pay more than the Federation for clues regarding their former president/mysterious disappearance..

Something seems a bit fishy about that to me.

Asked the same question a few pages earlier. IIrc the answer was something like Daurtu Jet tried some kind of cover up(?). Have Daurtu still on my list.

Scytale

Banned
As DB said “you don’t know WHAT Raxxla is!” ...
Aw..
Alternative fact ?

Raxxla quest is tied to TDW.
That's why both are in the Codex. That's why TDW exists in game. That's why there were (are ?) the E/F missions.
And it is well known that Raxxla is... obfuscated in the outer rim and burning on the top/brow/crown of the... MW, that you need some sort of what has been lost will soon be recovered - "map thing".
Work for TDW. Only them. The Codex tells to do so. It's a personal journey.
Imho.

Oh.. I almost forgot ! Ofc, it still is Macro's fault !
He was coming far too close and too early to find The Myth ! :p

After handing in the black box I was greeted with another message telling me to go to a new location, that the data I had received from scanning the bank had brought up a new ‘mysterious discovery” and sent me 900 light years from the bubble where I discovered a new diamond back explorer but this time it had landed but looks like it ran out of power. Strange this is the commanders log reads:
The Hunger is starting to get to me, I've started seeing things. I know the deep space explorers like to tell stories, but these light shows are something else. They almost seem alive, and they are calling to me.
Now it was dark at the time but my SRV’s lights showed a SRV trail that went on for around 200km (not fun) where all of a sudden they vanish. Nothing. I searched around and around for something and there was nothing. No sign of struggle, no message and no ship lading marks. This SRV just vanished.

Last edited:
After handing in the black box I was greeted with another message telling me to go to a new location, that the data I had received from scanning the bank had brought up a new ‘mysterious discovery” and sent me 900 light years from the bubble where I discovered a new diamond back explorer but this time it had landed but looks like it ran out of power. Strange this is the commanders log reads:
The Hunger is starting to get to me, I've started seeing things. I know the deep space explorers like to tell stories, but these light shows are something else. They almost seem alive, and they are calling to me.
Now it was dark at the time but my SRV’s lights showed a SRV trail that went on for around 200km (not fun) where all of a sudden they vanish. Nothing. I searched around and around for something and there was nothing. No sign of struggle, no message and no ship lading marks. This SRV just vanished.
What system is that?

Hey thank you (great minds i guess). I flew out there last night and started doing some missions, but I'm still only cordial with them so I'll run some more after work...I'll report back if I pick up anything of-note from them
It’s always worth doing a search, both Google and in the relevant Frontier Forum thread(s), as it is typical for subjects to reappear regularly. Unfortunately it seems the move to the new forum structure has lost a lot of useful information in the older threads.

Just want to add that I’m headed to sag a to investigate the strange signal that can be detected around there. If anyone has any specific clues they’ve come across, post em here and I’ll report back.

Yeah I don’t think it is either but it’s strange how the ship logs are similar to the story, still this little adventure had me thinking all day about it
Oh and there is no information about why the ship is there etc, and there is nothing online about the tip off missions I got for that location, from what I’ve seen I’m the first one to receive one to that location with the description key

Last edited:
Top Bottom