Dear Cmdr Tacticus2711,
Keep up the good work. You may notice upon sharing your efforts, however they may turn out, that some Commanders whom haven't appeared to contribute to the hunt(at least since I joined) will begin to throw shade at you. This is to be expected. Please continue your research because, contrary to popular belief, even negative results are positive in trial and error.
Fly Dangerously Commander, o7

I complete agree with you Filthy.

Tacticus2711, if you or anyone is looking for inspiration in dealing with negative results, just look at what all the regular CMDRs in this thread do. We've all decided to 'try' something, often taking many, many hours, only to encounter … the usual result of "nothing unusual here move along!"

I just make sure I take fun in the journey, which helps lots when your trying long-term goals like Operation Less Than Three!

Keep plugging away, anything we can tick off as 'not' helping solve the puzzle still contributes.

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.

This is what I’m talking about:
Footage of weird spin in hyperspace

Maybe I'm just over analyzing given the context, but is there slightly different audio to a normal hyperspace tunnel? The sound that sticks out to me is at 0:25.

Assuming this is a lead, how do we explore this further? Maybe the Hyperspace tunnel spins faster and faster when you are jumping in the right direction towards a specific system? Do you happen to know the systems where this spinning event occurred? Maybe we can calculate a vector based on them.

It sort of fits the whole "Hidden in plain sight" idea considering the Tunnel is when we usually catch a quick nap while playing.

Just watched the hyperspace footage again, this time on PC instead of mobile. Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing nothing of note there at all. The spins seem insignificant to be honest. Sorry.

Just watched the hyperspace footage again, this time on PC instead of mobile. Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing nothing of note there at all. The spins seem insignificant to be honest. Sorry.

I recall a very similar conversation taking place back in the Rift days - I think around the Exodus bases. Nothing conclusive ever came from it.

RE: A few previous posts...

Indeed... I followed a link in the Thargoids and Guardians forum to this thread, and while I did call out Tacitus' first DBX discovery as "discovered back in September 2018", which is still true, it's led to me revisiting Tip-Offs, and creating a subsequent thread... tl;dr I think we need to start looking at tip-offs closer.
Agreed. Frontier may have put more thought into the tip off missions then we've given them credit for.

I don't think it is unusual either. Sometimes witchspace spirals sometimes it doesn't. I don't know what the common factor is that makes it spiral/not spiral but I've seen it plenty of times and in lots of different sectors. Maybe it has something to do with the star class that you are jumping into?

Scytale

Banned
Isn't the hyperspace jump just a cinematic while the program is downloading data of the next system ? Then, is that compatible with any kind of game mechanic acting at that very moment ?
Computers , here, so just asking.
When the E/F missions were running, did we have tip off missions too ? Can't remember for sure.
I recall a very similar conversation taking place back in the Rift days
I remember arguing about what star cluster is the one we can see passing by repeatedly.

Last edited:
Isn't the hyperspace jump just a cinematic while the program is downloading data of the next system ? Then, is that compatible with any kind of game mechanic acting at that very moment ?
When the E/F missions were running, did we have tip off missions too ? Can't remember for sure.

I remember arguing about what star cluster is the one we can see passing by repeatedly.

What puzzles me about the hyperspace cinematic is that sometimes I swear there are greenish objects that look a little like spiders webs. Now what could those represent???

Last edited:

Witchspace travel is basically a loading screen. However, that does not prevent information to be encoded into it in one way or another.

Could not find the release notes for tipoff missions, but guessing they were introduced around 2.2 Guardians.

Witchspace travel is basically a loading screen. However, that does not prevent information to be encoded into it in one way or another.

Could not find the release notes for tipoff missions, but guessing they were introduced around 2.2 Guardians.

Tip off missions have been in the game for a considerably longer time than that. Can't say how long though, I've been playing since 2015-2016 ish. Encountered a few random ones, found it was higher chance when allied with a faction within a system.

Scytale

Banned
Mmmh... So it would not make much sense to say that tip off missions anyhow replaced the E/F missions for the Raxxla Quest. Imho.
But, again, with FD.. who knows ?

Mmmh... So it would not make sense to say that tip off missions anyhow replaced the E/F missions for the Raxxla Quest. Imho.
E/F missions? You mean the ones with "special wording" from Founders Station offered by The Black Wheel, or the really old ones that were for things like Sap-8/Trinkets that required Elite Rank?

If so... no, tip-offs didn't replace them... they existed well before. Tip-offs came about not long after the new mission interface was introduced, if not at the same time. It was also semi-confirmed by FD that tip-offs were obtained by doing lots of missions for a single faction... nothing related to the particular faction or your rank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom