Sure thing, the E/F missions were related to a certain celestial body, you know the one I mean. Place that isn't a place, door that is also the key. The Myth.
So, Raxxla ? Cirag ? Soontill (the real one)?
So, interestingly... they may be bugged. I went back to TDW and looked at some cargo missions.

While they look the same on the surface:

One was a standard mission:

Other was an E/F mission:

It's not just an "Elite" thing either... they also offered some other missions which just had the "Elite" rank req. Maybe a bugreport is due...

Attachments

• 1560002497139.png
    1560002497139.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 229
That i noticed and followed it tru...
im at the Col 70 atm, been going along the permit locked areas and checking the immediate systems and have found cool stuff, and interesting things, but since u cant go into those areas... Cant follow up on what ive seen or suspect, wich is a shame, the game sudendly becomes interesting but i cant continue... :(

Other stuff is that on that region there is parts u hear strange noises too when u hyperspace that beats me what it means, but i would speculate it means something...

Ive done so far... 700+ jumps in this region alone!
So u can guess the amount of data i got from this small area of space alone to turn in already...

Will continue to go along the side of the permit locked areas scanning and mapping, till i decide to lose the economic route planning and go straight and fast to the nearest station.
Just for reference, Col 70 is roughly spherical and about 1,000 ly in diameter. Just so you know the kind of distances you're looking at! :D

Which part of the Col 70 border have you been checking?

Just for reference, Col 70 is roughly spherical and about 1,000 ly in diameter. Just so you know the kind of distances you're looking at! :D

Watch my video I posted here. That's the region col 70 sectors near Orion nebula and Barnard's loop. Again sorry for the poor quality.

Source: https://youtu.be/SfXRUUGdFaI

This is about an hour of exploring those areas around the Orion nebula, where some of the more intense frame shift jump spinning takes place for me. Sorry for it only being 360 quality. Around 4:08 is one of those jumps we're talking about. Sadly galnews prevents any voices from beyond from being noticed by me.
Yeah. There's definitely nothing out of the ordinary with the jumps at a basic level I'm afraid.

Now if someone's able to prove a causal link to something for those jumps it would be interesting. That's going to take a lot of checking from a good number of people though, and I'd be surprised if it's not all been tested before.

Without being at home and going in the PC (game) to check to give u the rundown of what im doing, im running for some days now on the bottom area, below the sectors, last sector was the Olo... something (cant recall from head the correct name), heading in the Synuefe general direction now.

Been around these:

M41
Col 69
Col121
NGC1746

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
So, interestingly... they may be bugged. I went back to TDW and looked at some cargo missions.
It's not just an "Elite" thing either... they also offered some other missions which just had the "Elite" rank req. Maybe a bugreport is due...
A new bug report about the E/F missions can't do any harm. FD is used to, they'll survive.
Now, it's interesting to see that the word "Founders" is back. Not sure up to what point, though.
Anyway, the fact that some missions are reserved to Elite and others to Elite and Founders is quite a point ! Imho.
Be aware that the ancient missions were more likely given by other factions, aimed at doing espionnage on TDW suspect activities.

Last edited:
Ah yes, but remember that quite a few participants in this thread are old FRifters, who suffered the pain and tedium of eyeball-searching loads of planets in the hope of finding something. So yes, the fss/dss is FD’s response to the complaints we made and suggestions for better exploration search tools-I compiled a list of those from the four FRift threads into its own thread and submitted them to FD (sadly lost in the forum shakeup, at least I can’t find it anymore) . Some of them were very good ideas, and I don’t think many people would complain about the dss, but the current implementation of the fss is not yet up to quality; it needs a good engineer to polish/upgrade it!!

From the discussion above I’m wondering if the SD Raxxla-related E/F missions were overtaken by the improved missions mechanism and we should be concentrating on analysing TipOff missions from TDW at SD? Has anyone done so? (I’m aware of Macros’ et al current investigation).

@ Tacticus- the Codex tells us, from Felicity Farseer’s words, that TDW at SD is real, because they’ve been in business for a long time but haven’t been closed down as she says imposters always are. Also some spiky-haired female ( who was she?) in Elite Premonition said that The Real DW (TRDW) is a conglomerate of like-minded organisations, with “wheels within wheels”, and TDW at SD is just “spinning on the outer rim”, which is clearly an FD reference to the wording of those E/F missions that Scytale misses so much (Macros et al undertook them all but apparently they didn’t lead anywhere, unless he’s joined TRDW and found Raxxla but is sworn to secrecy! 😉)

Talking of old Rifters, are the Children of Raxxla still an active PMF? They pretty much abandoned/boycotted the official forums after the Salome debacle, probably due to the abusive s**tshow the forums descended into after some people didn't like the way the endgame panned out. There were/are a bunch of smart people in that group with a lot of good ideas. I miss having them around to (RP) argue with.

Finally reached The Void just now. I notice there is a sector in this region called Phaa Chrie, which phonetically might be read as 'Far Cry', so it sounds ideal to look for a siren of the deepest void. It may take me a while to reach as crossing the gap to the Sagittarius Carina Arm from where I am on the edge of the Outer Arm may require a detour through The Conduit.

Talking of old Rifters, are the Children of Raxxla still an active PMF? They pretty much abandoned/boycotted the official forums after the Salome debacle, probably due to the abusive s**tshow the forums descended into after some people didn't like the way the endgame panned out. There were/are a bunch of smart people in that group with a lot of good ideas. I miss having them around to (RP) argue with.

AfaIk they are still around and will be launching some kind of Community wide effort in July.

Source: https://youtu.be/SfXRUUGdFaI

This is about an hour of exploring those areas around the Orion nebula, where some of the more intense frame shift jump spinning takes place for me. Sorry for it only being 360 quality. Around 4:08 is one of those jumps we're talking about. Sadly galnews prevents any voices from beyond from being noticed by me.
Time a jump in the bubble and time one from your video, personally it seems you where in that tunnel longer than you should have been :)
Could be a clue?

Has anyone looked into the odd permit order - and why it forces them to be in the order they are in after you get all 26? I have been looking into this for weeks- and can post here, unless someone has a good answer as to why they are like they are?

I just wanted to say I don't understand all the Elite bashing. Whilst I appreciate the game might not be everybody's cup of tea, for those it does appeal too, I think FD have done/are doing a damb fine job! I personally think Elite is seriously under rated.

Yes, I would love a few more mysteries/stories, but I'm not convinced there are not more of these that we have been to lazy to uncover. Random example, but the Thetis...how many of us read the data at the Thetis, and then plotted a course 15lys back towards Sol, and had a really good search for the planet sending out the kill signal? There are at least dozens of other examples I could cite aa well.

Maybe FD have been focusing on in-game mechanics before storytelling, to make the mysteries more compelling when we play them. I am personally hoping that Gan Romero is the start of this, now we have FSS, etc (which personally I don't mind now I'm used to it). It would make sense for FD to start doing this now, to keep people's interest, whilst many wait for 2020.
The kill signal from thetis have me anxiety poops at 2am lol

The only thing about the hyperspace jump cinematic I’ve noticed is the strange dark looking planet you can sometimes see wiz by you. Usually on your right side. I posted some screenshots a while back. I don’t think it’s too outrageous to believe the jump animation can hold clues as there is plenty of evidence that witch space holds secrets. I’ve been trying to figure out how one can enter witch space without a jump. I think that it’s slightly plausible that there might be an opening in space somewhere in the Galaxy that lets you enter witch space while in SC or just normal flying. If thargoids can do it, maybe we can too?

Scytale

Banned
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Peregrina
Idk if this plot is still running, though. But an interesting system with "science research" stations (Talos, like the giant bronze man in Greek myth).
Never figured out what they are/were "researching"...
Our excellent and long time disappeared fellow threader from the FR mYsTeRy forum, Cmdr LuckyLuke, had been surveying it for months.
Yep, pilgrim. And.. yes, a supposedly plagued planet forbidden to be approached in a system called Peregrina might very well suit an enlightened pilgrim on the run .
If interested, https://inara.cz/squadron/2176/ Lot of interesting people, there. And plagued with CoR moles too. Which usually is a good sign.

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into the odd permit order - and why it forces them to be in the order they are in after you get all 26? I have been looking into this for weeks- and can post here, unless someone has a good answer as to why they are like they are?

*I do not claim ownership of this image or the intellectual property it represents *

I believe the implication of this was that all the unknown permit sectors are in the dark spots of the raxxla image. probably not the entire dark spots. I'm sure one could resize it to fit perfectly, but who knows?

Top Bottom