View attachment 134214
*I do not claim ownership of this image or the intellectual property it represents *

I believe the implication of this was that all the unknown permit sectors are in the dark spots of the raxxla image. probably not the entire dark spots. I'm sure one could resize it to fit perfectly, but who knows?
There are many permit locked regions not covered by the six dark blocks in the Raxxla image in the image you show and even if you re-oriented or re-sized it a little I don't think it would add more than one or two. The ones it seems to miss out the most are NGC 2286, Bleia, Praei, Bovomit, Sidgoir and IC 4673. It might just about be getting, or could be re-oriented to get, Froadik and Dryman, but the only regions is gets for sure (Barnards' Loop regions, including the Cone Sector, excluded) to my eye are Hyponia and NGC 3603.

The permit locked regions were, according to the kickstarter videos, always intended to be where new content could be added at a later date. I suspect that their locations were chosen so as to allow for content to be added to different parts of the galaxy and in regions that are also diverse with respect to each other (e.g. Bleia has a high star density and even completely contains a large nebula but Bovomit and Sidgoir are sparse by comparison being on the New Outer Arm).

The prmit locked areas, atm for me are a letdown...

This totally limits the places u can go, and in the case of us that are trying to find Raxxla, makes it impossible to go after leads we get sometimes, basically u think u found an answer and u ran into a brick wall... And that totally takes the will to continue sometimes.

The spinning hyperspace thing, yup forget it, there are lots of strange animations on that "load screen" that captivates you but not much more there, even doe in some systems and areas u get sounds that u normally dont and that is the only aspect i will still pursue on that matter, lets just say that i went back to the jump i got that sound and from there i tried jumps to other systems and i found a pattern, that led me to a stone wall (permit locked system) and i couldnt follow that bread crom path anymore...

I also found a wreck of a ship on a system that i was the 1st to get there, it contain data, that data leads me to...
Yup another permit locked system, so dead end again... This one i wont divulge to other commanders, will keep it, i bookmarked it and changed the text so i know what it is, maybe later on if they do open that area...

Really mates, u get into this clues and minigames and then u hit this stone walls and u have to admit that u were just wasting your time chasing ghosts, cause u cant follow up.

Im thinking that probrably will be best to leave this area, and stop going around this perma locked systems, and go to the bubble and work on my other elite ranks that i didnt got yet and wait till this things actually are open up, since we all know the "myth" about u needin to have triple elite to unlock the dark wheel stuff, wether its true or not, i dont know but is something i wanna do and will probrably do.

I went to Synuefe and docked, got me a cool 160 million from all the exploratory stuff i did, and headed back to that region but wondering if i should just leave it alone for now...

Last edited:
"Spiralling stars"
Things that would make stars spiral:
A spiralled static layout of stars would appear to move if you traveled in witchspace down the central axis, or -

Much better: Black holes cause stars to spiral inwards towards the event horizon.

Q

Hey all,

We should really put "spinning hyperspace" to rest - I've just watched the footage. There is nothing odd there. I see that hyperspace rotation all the time, from the Elysian Shores to Kepler's Crest to the Rift and inside the bubble. It's nothing.

Q

True.

The hyperspace tunnel always starts to spin, just before drop out. If there is lag in the loading of the next system, the spinning part of the hyperspace sequence can get quit long.
Normally it's just a few seconds before you drop, but it happens on every jump.

Hey all,

We should really put "spinning hyperspace" to rest - I've just watched the footage. There is nothing odd there. I see that hyperspace rotation all the time, from the Elysian Shores to Kepler's Crest to the Rift and inside the bubble. It's nothing.

Q
Yeah but how cool it would be if there suddenly were reports of unexplainable hyperspace instability in Barnards Loop region, hyperspace tunnels warping in strange angles and weird observations in witchspace, commanders ending up in places they had not originally planned jumping into, and discovering unexplored systems hidden from our ordinary starmaps. Nobody would know where they are going anymore, following strange patterns somehow in likeness to Thargoid starmaps. And the things out there; derelict anacondas, generationships written out of history, starports made out of flesh and steel, strange spaceships, cold and mute, appearing out of nowhere and a flash of blue light..

I would rather go just crazy about this.

Deleted member 38366

D
Hm, almost guaranteed to be totally unrelated.... BUT... ;)

Has anyone ever come up with an explanation as to why Black Holes have an additional Detail (animated Signal Spectrum) displayed in the FSS when zoomed in?

I guess one would need to record a few and see if the animation is mere fluff FX - or changes when FSS'ing different Black Holes.

When I 1st saw that - together with the animation of the Gravity Tunnel - I had a weird idea...

What if .... with some nice spikes on that small Emissions Signature you could approach and "fly through" the Black Hole instead of the usual "Dropping - too close" or hitting the Body Exclusion Zone?
(and the sentence "place that isn't a place, door that isn't a door" came to mind... I mean hey, Black Holes are true "weirdos in space" after all, so it would kinda fit those nicely. And they're the only Singularity we can somewhat safely approach and fool around with, as opposed to White Dwarfs or Neutrons. Plus, it's "in plain sight", because who zooms into a Black Hole when the Honk DSS'es all the Stars of a System already?)

Just a weird idea but who knows... Most ideas start off a little weird, right? ;)
(and the whirlwind animation kinda invites to try it IMHO, like the classic "The Black Hole" movie intro from 1979)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scytale

Banned
Yeah but how cool it would be if there suddenly ...snip...
True. Most of us would. Many of us have been looking for/after these features for years. But it seems that FD want their game to keep being a sand box, essentially.
A sand box where you aren't even allowed to build sand castels, though.
Less than 1% of the MW discovered ? Out of the Bubble remain 99% of... emptiness. The Stellar Forge is superb, though. An empty beauty. A huge and dynamic background mostly unexploited by the rest of the game features.We who are/were looking for exciting and fantastic discoveries, stories and quests have to content ourselves with tiny breadcrumbs dropped over a gigantic desert riddled with "don't step here", "please don't touch" and "road closed" signs (i.e. The Cone affair).
Sorry for the whining, but It's such a pity, imho...

Has anyone ever come up with an explanation as to why Black Holes have an additional Detail (animated Signal Spectrum) displayed in the FSS when zoomed in?

I guess one would need to record a few and see if the animation is mere fluff FX - or changes when FSS'ing different Black Holes.

View attachment 134244

When I 1st saw that - together with the animation of the Gravity Tunnel - I had a weird idea...

What if .... with some nice spikes on that small Emissions Signature you could approach and "fly through" the Black Hole instead of the usual "Dropping - too close" or hitting the Body Exclusion Zone?
(and the sentence "place that isn't a place, door that isn't a door" came to mind... I mean hey, Black Holes are true "weirdos in space" after all, so it would kinda fit those nicely. And they're the only Singularity we can somewhat safely approach and fool around with, as opposed to White Dwarfs or Neutrons. Plus, it's "in plain sight", because who zooms into a Black Hole when the Honk DSS'es all the Stars of a System already?)

Just a weird idea but who knows... Most ideas start off a little weird, right? ;)
(and the whirlwind animation kinda invites to try it IMHO, like the classic "The Black Hole" movie intro from 1979)

Seems like time to build a ship with maximum hull strength and reinforcement, then supercruise straight into the dead center of Sag A*, plumb, at maximum possible velocity.

Q

View attachment 134244

That's interesting, good spot!

Guessing it's just a representation of it being black hole - being able to 'see' black holes via the distortion of background light wouldn't really work in the FSS zoom.

Would be interesting to see if it's standard for all black holes or if there's some variance. Will certainly check it out when in game.

(And go go gadget pedantry... white dwarfs and neutron stars aren't singularities. Spoilering the (brief) explanation of singularities vs NSs, etc. as it's probably not actually necessary, but here we go in case anyone's unsure.
A singularity (in this context) is when gravity is stronger than any repulsive force between the fundamental constituents of the object in question, resulting in them collapsing/compressing into an infinitesimal point. In a Neutron Star, gravity is strong enough to overcome some repulsive forces, resulting in all the matter being compressed into very closely packed Neutrons, at which point the next level of repulsive forces are stronger than the gravity, preventing further collapse.
)

And although I was being a bit pedantic there...

What would be extremely interesting is finding a black hole without a singularity. - Though having said that, I strongly suspect that there's no way we would be able to tell, and that FD wouldn't have incorporated different types of black holes (beyond standard and supermassive) anyway. Still, it'd be very interesting!

I know tip offs are a hot topic at the moment, so I wondered if anybody had received the seemingly Raxxla related one. I have not been able to get it myself, and annoying I cant find the thread that talked about it, with screenshots. This is from memory, from a couple months ago, but was something like....

There is a rumour that the people of ?HIP? xxxxx? have information regarding the whereabouts of a certain celestrial body, you know the one, the place that isnt a place, the door that is also the key, the myth. Its probably nothing, but it should be checked out.

I THINK the basic mission was hostage rescue, but I could be wrong. I just wondered if anybody had received and/or completed it.

I remember a couple people on the thread saying they had done it and it came to nothing, but they may not have been dedicated Raxxla hunters....

Its on page 1 the second post :rolleyes: So much for dedicated Raxxla hunters eh
No no no. The front page covers the missions that used to be handed out by DW in SD. I am talking about a tip off/mysterious stranger mission. The wording is very similar, but it's not the same mission, nor mechanism for receiving the mission.

You would know this if you had read the front page and my post correctly :rolleyes:

Last edited:
90% certain there was a bug involved.
98% certain it's nothing to do with Raxxla.
But, this is the weird experience I had last night...

So I've just finished proximity scanning the bodies orbiting an L class star, orbiting an A class about 6,000 Ls out and I'm heading off towards by next jump, just about to fire up the FSD when I'm dumped out of hyperspace with the 'Too close' message.

I check the system map and the nearest body (the L class) is 132 Ls away. I look around and there's nothing here. Except... what's that little cluster of 3 white blobs over there? And look, another smaller (more distant?) one over there.

Being an explorer, I turn on my shield and head over to the largest cluster to investigate. Cautiously at first, because by AspX is made of paper and my hull is at 80%. I fly for a while, and then my Mass Lock pings and I start seeing little rocks fly past. The 3 light cluster isn't really doing anything, so I kick the boost a couple of times and it starts to grow. Still nothing on the scanners so I boost again and click, the lights go out. Weird. Try night vision. Nope, nothing showing.

Naturally, I pick another cluster and repeat the process. Initially the clusters are just lights, but as I get closer the NV outlines come on, until again, click, nothing showing.

Logout, login, pick another cluster, same result.

Okay, I'm bored with this now, time to leave. Oh. Mass locked. Hmm. Check System Map. L class has a ring with a semi-major axis of 0.27 AU. Does math. 1 AU is 8 light minutes, that's 480 seconds, so a quarter of that is 120 Ls, so yeah, I clipped the ring. So I'm stuck in the dark, somewhere in a ring with no asteroids trying to figure out what direction to fly in to break the mass lock. Targeted the L class, stuck it at the top of my mini-radar and hoped. Made it out, eventually.

So I figured out what I hit, but has anyone ever seen the weird disappearing asteroid thing before?

Talking of old Rifters, are the Children of Raxxla still an active PMF? They pretty much abandoned/boycotted the official forums after the Salome debacle, probably due to the abusive s**tshow the forums descended into after some people didn't like the way the endgame panned out. There were/are a bunch of smart people in that group with a lot of good ideas. I miss having them around to (RP) argue with.
Already answered by others, but yeah, the pop up here and there on threads. But yes, I agree, it's a shame that we no longer have a thread with their ongoing active involvement. Lots of good cmdrs in the CoR!

View attachment 134214
*I do not claim ownership of this image or the intellectual property it represents *

I believe the implication of this was that all the unknown permit sectors are in the dark spots of the raxxla image. probably not the entire dark spots. I'm sure one could resize it to fit perfectly, but who knows?

most the permits are in the lower right of that SAG A photo... but there seem to also be more than 26 black spots on symbol. interesting idea though.

View attachment 134244

These 6 black hole animations look identical to me. But if we find one black hole called the Omphalos Rift, things will get interesting.

Odd that nobody has noticed that you can scan stations using the FSS and get a transmission from comms. Mind you this is probably more on the works of Gan Romero as I do have odd sounds from his station he once worked at.

Top Bottom