Ok, so Astrophel is a synonym of astrofell, which is from the Greek Aster. In Sol's main belt, there should be 1218 Aster. This is interesting as Sol is the home of humanity. Home is a place that is also a place.

In ED, we also have Aster in Ross 154, which is missing its rings.

We also have Aster Trees, which have only ever been discovered in Cliewoae sector, which is in the Abyss - The darkest void...

Maybe the clue we're looking for, in regards to our Astrophel, is the "Princess" part. In the original poem Astrophel (or Astrophil) is a reference to the author, Phillip Sydney. Astrophil means "Star Lover". Perhaps "Princess" is meant to point us toward a female star Lover. Caroline Herschel? Hypatia?

Ok, so Astrophel is a synonym of astrofell, which is from the Greek Aster. In Sol's main belt, there should be 1218 Aster. This is interesting as Sol is the home of humanity. Home is a place that is also a place.

In ED, we also have Aster in Ross 154, which is missing its rings.

We also have Aster Trees, which have only ever been discovered in Cliewoae sector, which is in the Abyss - The darkest void...
The name confusion is mentioned in a section of the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrophel_and_Stella

Personally I'm most intrigued by the actual title page (second edition. Not first, as I said in the previous post)
Sir_PS_His_A%26S_Title_Cropped.jpg

There are a few interesting bits.

• Stella is written STELLA, just like planet was written PLANET (last letter in italic) in the letter where UC denies any knowledge of Raxxla.
  • The sentence 'Well in the Ring there is the Ruby sett, Where comly shape, & vertue both are mett', is about a jewel on top of a ring.
  • There is also a Greek text that I haven't translated, but it seem to be a quote from Symposium by Xenophon.

A bit of text on the bottom is hidden.

If you compare the 'L's in 'Stella' with the one in 'Astrophel' you'll see that the whole of 'STELLA' is written in italics, not just the 'A'.
Good catch. Movable type from the era when that was printed had a lot of idiosyncrasies that go misunderstood in the modern era. Example: English still used the letter to represent the sound "th" but the type cases (actual luggage like cases used to hold the moveable type blocks) that came from continental Europe excluded the letter so English printer substituted an uppercase Y for . This when you see a sign that reads "Ye Olde Book Shoppe" it would be prounounced as "The Old Book Shop".

It’s al italics but the A is still different. It’s more tilted and without serifs.

It's a photograph of a 300 year old wrinkled page of moveable type, that you're comparing one letter of to a formatting error in a joke email sent by FDev QA team in response to a joke bug report, before any reference to a different poem was added to the Codex (iirc).

I think you're reading too much into it.

I'm not sure it's actually more tilted - I suspect that's just what italicised text can look like, e.g.:

STELLA

It also appears to have serifs.

That said, I guess it's not impossible that FD had the same interpretation and used it as a clue.

It's a photograph of a 300 year old wrinkled page of moveable type, that you're comparing one letter of to a formatting error in a joke email sent by FDev QA team in response to a joke bug report, before any reference to a different poem was added to the Codex (iirc).

I think you're reading too much into it.

It's of course far fetched. The main reason the poem interesting is the use of the word 'Astrophel'. The word is basically never used, except in this poem and in literature about the poem or Sir. P. S.

Ok, something weird happened to me, and im pursuing a lead...
instead of writing it all down again i leave u the link to my running post about my trips around the galaxy:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...utkast-diary-an-elite-dangerous-story.511886/

Sumarizing, i ran into a tip about a ship, and when i got there, it gave me random fragments that leads me to believe they were talking about raxxla.
So a im atm heading to what i hope is true and ill revendevous with a ship in SAGI A, and hopefully that will lead me to another tip... Or a dead end... Lets see...

This all came from doing a job for the dark wheel in Jameson, in this case taking a passenger...

Havent been this excited about a game event since february when i went on my 1st real exploration trip out. :)

I’m on my way back to the bubble after a dark wheel passenger mission to Colonia. I’ve been getting the same vibe. I will join you once I’m done and unpacked my deep space DBX.

I’m on my way back to the bubble after a dark wheel passenger mission to Colonia. I’ve been getting the same vibe. I will join you once I’m done and unpacked my deep space DBX.

If our schedules are compatible will gladly have your company.
ATM kinda sidetracked, hitting some undiscovered systems with lots of bodies, and playing tag... ke ke ke if i have to do the trip, i might as well take something out of it. :)

I've noticed a slow down area near the primary star in Shinrarta Dezhra. It's probably one of the invisible comets/meteors, but will give it a closer look, when once again Allied with new TDW beneficiary factions.
I don't remember anymore if comets had any noticeable gravity well, but I know finding them is very difficult even when you know approximate location. I think they did masslock though, when you manage to drop close enough, which needs to be done very quickly. I believe there are plenty of systems that do have them, based on how they count as astronomical bodies in the system, and signal sources, notably conflict zones, form around them. Comets that have stations in orbit are easier to locate, yet invisible, and appear in navigation computer for a split second.

I think I once noticed something similar in Colonia system but was interdicted briefly after that.

If our schedules are compatible will gladly have your company.
ATM kinda sidetracked, hitting some undiscovered systems with lots of bodies, and playing tag... ke ke ke if i have to do the trip, i might as well take something out of it. :)

I know what you mean. My 4 hour trip to Colonia turned into 3 days. Luckily my passengers were explorers so didn’t mind.

As fernweh seems to be floating on the collective subconscious again, here's a thought I don't believe has been brought up .

Fernweh backwards is Hewn Ref.
Maybe Hewn Reef?

Hewn usually refers to wood carved furniture like chainsaw art or a log cabin, hewn from raw materials.

Coud Raxxla then be a hewn system?

A system hacked and engineered to perform as a machine, perhaps with something like a gravitic lagrange point, or negative void at a focus of the engineered system, something along those lines. Don't want to wander too far over the what if logic cliff but I'm sure there's one virgin with 72 bazookas.

However this does satisfy the original clues of a place that's not a place, a door that's also the key.

This is really for orbital math nerds of which I am not.
Universe Sandbox is fun to play with and can plug in ED info and see what happens.

Fud 4 thot.

Last edited:
As fernweh seems to be floating on the collective subconscious again, here's a thought I don't believe has been brought up .

Fernweh backwards is Hewn Ref.
Maybe Hewn Reef?

Hewn usually refers to wood carved furniture like chainsaw art or a log cabin, hewn from raw materials.

Coud Raxxla then be a hewn system?

A system hacked and engineered to perform as a machine, perhaps with something like a gravitic lagrange point, or negative void at a focus of the engineered system, something along those lines. Don't want to wander too far over the what if logic cliff but I'm sure there's one virgin with 72 .

However this does satisfy the original clues of a place that's not a place, a door that's also the key.

This is really for orbital math nerds of which I am not.
Universe Sandbox is fun to play with and can plug in ED info and see what happens.

Fud 4 thot.
A planet that's a machine......wonder if it is trying to calculate the question to the answer 42? :)

Top Bottom