has anyone tried targeting a star system from a system that has a black hole and then kind of trying to jump through the black hole with the frame shift drive?

Edit:
I'm in a system with a few black holes now, I'll just try this out myself and hope for a bottle of Scotch😁

Well, if you’re in the region of NGC 7822 you could try Altera’s Eye. There is suspiciously heavy npc traffic visiting, there’s a tourist ferry there & lots of other npcs. I’ve had a thought at the back of my mind since my recent visit that maybe I should have tried some experiments since it’s about halfway between Heart Neb & 1C1805 cluster (Mel15)- see earlier post https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-7888079
But I wouldn’t do it with a large amount of scan data. You might want to dock in Gorgon research base & sell it before experimenting with black holes. Seem to remember you get heat damage nowadays if you enter one (at least Sag A*), though I remember exploring inside one about 2 years ago without mishap.

Edit: my recent experience wasn’t related to a time travel gate. Made the 45 jumps & sold my data to NTDW in Shinrarta. Now Allied, but no messages about any station. See Macros sold discovery data before me 🤬!
In Jameson, thinking about buying a phantom. Must check DW missions.

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
Misjumps should happen when FSD is around 80% integrity. But the game only implements work/doesn' t work mechanics, it seems.
Maybe trying to jump while still inside a neutron jet with the FSD already battered and overloading? But I bet it was already experimented.

Ref the misjump, I've tried multiple versions of the method as described in "and here the wheel" and not yet got it to work:

I'm re-reading "and here the wheel" & been having a bash at mis-jumping as described towards the start of the book (initiating the jump then pressing jump again just before the tunnel).
It's not worked but it might be because I visited the local brewery this weekend and my reflexes are a bit 'tired'- has anyone else tried this or am I barking up the wrong tree?
I've checked here but its not really answered if it is included in the game or just some artistic licence from a book written before the game was finalised.

I'm going to spend the weekend around Dr Palins trying to get pulled by a thargoid, to see if I can find anything with the new disco scanner.
(just noticed this is the most suggestive sentence I've ever written in this forum!)

Misjumps should happen when FSD is around 80% integrity. But the game only implements work/doesn' t work mechanics, it seems.
Maybe trying to jump while still inside a neutron jet with the FSD already battered and overloading? But I bet it was already experimented.
Carrying weird stuff in a DBX, dropping into neutron star jet cones and messing about with nav computer with a broken FSD close to Polaris is a valid playing style. Hitting Eagle Eye network with torpedoes is too. Did you know Thargoids do not appear in signal sources inside the cone? Hafnium 178 actually doesn't explode if you use laser weapons on it. Most people have never even seen a comet. HIP 22460, 46 Eridani, Peregrina, all those are great spots too. Once I spent an evening playing the "final", or the "trails end" signal from a Thargoid structure around the bubble. Neumann Camp blackmarket should be familiar too. There are several systems that have stars of different ages. I want to know what happened to AJN Lion, where is Mic Turner buried and where was Jaques jumping into. Hipparchus is one of my favourite holiday destinations but I've forgotten why. Blanco cluster also. Maybe twenty other places that looked strange or could have been part of some raving theory at some point. It's crazy what this game can become when you go full tin-foil mode, such anarchic experience. It's all connected you know. Michael Brookes can you please consider continuing The Tau Ceti Mission.

Now that's interesting. I went to the coordinates azoreanoutkast has given in his thread last night to have a look. What I found was not a crahsite, bute a facility that also did not show up on DSS. Lots of cargo racks scattered around it, but now data point so far. Think I'll investigate a bit further tonight, especially as azorean said the crashsite was not exactly of the coordinates given, but somewhere nearbey. If I find it and get peculiar messages I'll try to get pictures via my mobile.

i highly doubt raxxla would be found with missjumps, even though they could lead to some other fun things. when it comes to hyperspace, the only way i see for raxxla to be related with it, is by a hyperdiction somewhere between two stars, after "certain requirements" have been met to trigger the event. but that leads us no where as to what requirements are thoses.

Currently limping back to the bubble after a long expedition out into the Signus constellation, my drives have been battered by neutron boosts. Antique paper research floats through my cabin.

I’m not sure how much longer I can pursue this before madness takes me away to the muses so I hopefully broadcast these scraps to help or dissuade others.

After numerous ramblings within the Raxxla codex and mention of some ‘Princess Astrophel’, I became somewaht fixated on the 16th Century Earth poet Philip Sidney author of a ‘Astrohil and Stella’ as well as his sister Mary (Princess Astrophel?).

To the muses I travelled after Penelopes key opened no door, and then lost myself in thought of the sweet cygne of avon, maeonia and the nine muses and the 1572 stella nova.

Kepler%20new%20star.jpg

One snippet of the codex in particular saved me from this ill advised expedition and brought me back to the hearth of humanity:

“Even after it was discredited, staunch supporters of the Omphalos Rift theory insist that the author of the children's story had knowledge of Raxxla's exact location and deliberately wove clues into his book.”

The location of the Omphalos of antiquity was mount Parnassus, which I recalled arises within Astrophil in Sonnet 15 and 84.

There is no direct astronomical reference to Parnassus I know of (except that of the new Delphi outpost), however the constellation Aquarius is associated with Deucalion who survived the great flood, washing ashore on mount Parnassus, Aquarius is also identified with Ganymede!

Ganymede is also mentioned in Astrophil; sonnet 13, one of the most oddest parts of Astrophil, as it’s truly unique in its structure.

Phoebus was judge between Jove, Mars, and Love,
Of those three gods, whose arms the fairest were:
Jove’s golden shield did eagle sables bear,
Whose talons held young Ganymede above:
But in vert field Mars bare a golden spear,
Which through a bleeding heart his point did shove.
Each had his crest: Mars carried Venus’ glove,
Jove on his helm the thunderbolt did rear.
Cupid then smiles, for on his crest there lies
Stella’s fair hair, her face he makes his shield,
Where roses gules are borne in silver field.
Phoebus drew wide the curtains of the skies
To blaze these last, and sware devoutly then,
The first, thus matched, were scarcely gentlemen.

I have several leads, including an outpost connected to muses whom I couldn’t unlock until now, which is where I’m now crawling back to.

And then hopefully on to find the celestial twin mountains.

Last edited:
All right so as I said I'm in the NGC 7822 nebula again I am in s171 8 looking at the NGC 7822 nebula through a black hole while flying past it relatively close makes all of those beautiful supergiant blue stars spiral ridiculously. I'm tryin to make a few vid clips to yt it for speculation and analysis.
I did that legit 3 days ago and they do spiral to an extent, but non in the same direction and since most systems have at least one black hole in that area it’s really difficult to pin point anything.

I did that legit 3 days ago and they do spiral to an extent, but non in the same direction and since most systems have at least one black hole in that area it’s really difficult to pin point anything.
I got excited when I first noticed it but after I watched some yt on it I realized it wasnt unique to where I was. Had to jet back to Terminus though. Trouble in paradise 😉

Now that was bizarre. When I relogged last night to take pictures, there was no facility nor anything else to be found anymore. The only proof I have that there was something there are the commodities I collected and still carry in my cargo hold. Should have suspected something when I did not get fined after shooting the Sentinels. Glitch or feature?

Now that was bizarre. When I relogged last night to take pictures, there was no facility nor anything else to be found anymore. The only proof I have that there was something there are the commodities I collected and still carry in my cargo hold. Should have suspected something when I did not get fined after shooting the Sentinels. Glitch or feature?
Standard non-persistent Point Of Interest. They're RNG'ed all over the universe. They show up in flight as a blue circle on the radar.

Currently limping back to the bubble after a long expedition out into the Signus constellation, my drives have been battered by neutron boosts. Antique paper research floats through my cabin.

I’m not sure how much longer I can pursue this before madness takes me away to the muses so I hopefully broadcast these scraps to help or dissuade others.

After numerous ramblings within the Raxxla codex and mention of some ‘Princess Astrophel’, I became somewaht fixated on the 16th Century Earth poet Philip Sidney author of a ‘Astrohil and Stella’.

To the muses I travelled after Penelopes key opened no door, and then lost myself in thought of the sweet cygne of avon, maeonia and the nine muses.

Kepler%20new%20star.jpg

One snippet of the codex in particular saved me from this ill advised expedition and brought me back to the hearth of humanity:

“Even after it was discredited, staunch supporters of the Omphalos Rift theory insist that the author of the children's story had knowledge of Raxxla's exact location and deliberately wove clues into his book.”

The location of the Omphalos of antiquity was mount Parnassus, which I recalled arises within Astrophil in Sonnet 15 and 84.

There is no direct astronomical reference to Parnassus I know of (except that of the new Delphi outpost), however the constellation Aquarius is associated with Deucalion who survived the great flood, washing ashore on mount Parnassus, Aquarius is also identified with Ganymede!

Ganymede is also mentioned in Astrophil; sonnet 13, one of the most oddest parts of Astrophil, as it’s truly unique in its structure.

Phoebus was judge between Jove, Mars, and Love,
Of those three gods, whose arms the fairest were:
Jove’s golden shield did eagle sables bear,
Whose talons held young Ganymede above:
But in vert field Mars bare a golden spear,
Which through a bleeding heart his point did shove.
Each had his crest: Mars carried Venus’ glove,
Jove on his helm the thunderbolt did rear.
Cupid then smiles, for on his crest there lies
Stella’s fair hair, her face he makes his shield,
Where roses gules are borne in silver field.
Phoebus drew wide the curtains of the skies
To blaze these last, and sware devoutly then,
The first, thus matched, were scarcely gentlemen.

I have several leads, including an outpost connected to muses whom I couldn’t unlock until now, which is where I’m now crawling back to.

And then hopefully on to find the celestial twin mountains.
The Quest for Raxxla is, if nothing else, exposing us to some esoteric knowledge that we would otherwise not be exposed to.

Has anyone seen the most recent garnet stuff? Cause it looks like witch head nebulae may be un permit locked soon

Yes, that and the goids departing from the bubble lends weight to the hypothesis that humanity is about to step on the toes of the Klaxians, far more warlike than the Oresrian thargoids we’ve seen to date, and that will be the end of humanity in the bubble (read Elite Premonition, and Out of The Darkness)

Top Bottom