getting caught up on all that I missed is tedious but Im starting to slowly get there. I was passed on a theory by a friend and colleage in Canonn Resarch Group. For now, its just their theory but Im going to look into it and see where it goes. Its interesting enough. If it leads anywhere I'll post what I find here... As to not continue to flood this place with just theories. Which there a lot of!

Good luck commanders, fly safe! o7

This thread’s primary purpose is to exchange information on theories related to Raxxla, and any corroboration/refutation evidence that may arise!

And a bit of friendly banter too!

About "mother of galaxies", just to remind to our English speakers excellent fellow-threaders that in some other localisation of the game, the wording would be translated as "mother of all the galaxies". Can Cassiopea be called this ? Or shall we remind the many times proven inconsistencies in FD translations, astronomy and story unfolding and say: "meh.. same thing..." ?
( Some other subtle differences in the other verses too. Keywords: корона , cima, etc..)

From a science and language point of view:
Mother of all galaxies would be either “gravity” or “big bang”
Mother of galaxies (of which Milky way is one) could be Sagittarius A*, since Milky Way also has satellite galaxies, or again could be gravity, or big bang.
Mother of Milky Way could be Sag A*, gravity, big bang, Gaia or other mythological goddesses.

Don’t see how this helps 🤓
Need more breakfast coffee!

About "mother of galaxies", just to remind to our English speakers excellent fellow-threaders that in some other localisation of the game, the wording would be translated as "mother of all the galaxies". Can Cassiopea be called this ? Or shall we remind the many times proven inconsistencies in FD translations, astronomy and story unfolding and say: "meh.. same thing..." ?
( Some other subtle differences in the other verses too. Keywords: корона , cima, etc..)

I would not completely discount Cassiopeia. The toast could be poorly written by drunk Dark Wheelers (FD). ;)

I have very little faith in the Cassiopeia though. There is no Omphalos candidates in that direction. The wording would be incredibly clumsy, if it was Cass. If worded properly, it would be far to obvious (not a little bit) for a Raxla hint.

I'm not gonna spend any time on Cassiopeia, but I'm happy that others do. In case I'm wrong. (y)

Mother of galaxies (of which Milky way is one) could be Sagittarius A*, since Milky Way also has satellite galaxies, or again could be gravity, or big bang.
Mother of Milky Way could be Sag A*, gravity, big bang, Gaia or other mythological goddesses.

From a (Greek) mythological point of view Hera is the mother of galaxies. Or at least our Galaxy.

No sure how this helps either ;)

Gravity, Big bang, dust, energy, dark matter. Lots of diffuse options in science. In reality, the reasons for galaxy formations are complex. To an extent it's beyond current science.

In mythology there are plenty of creation stories that are linked to the night sky. Many of them talk of a world egg or similar.

The toast is made by The Dark Wheel. When they talk of galaxies, it could well be the old 8 galaxies from Elite.

An Akousmata (words of wisdom) of Pythagoras: “ Question: What is the oracle of Delphi?
Answer: The tetraktys, or the harmony where the Sirens dwell.” from Iamblichus' (a neoplatonist)- 'Life of Pythagoras'.

Plato describes a series of 8 planets circling the Spindle of Necessity "and up above on each of the rims of the circles a Siren stood, borne around in its revolution and uttering one sound, one note, and from all the eight there was the concord of a single harmony" (music of the spheres). From 'the Myth of Er'.

Based on Platos descriptions ... the eighth planet would be the Moon.

I've been expanding a bit on the RA 20 LA. As I suspect that 'Princess Astrophel' refers to Vega / the weaver girl, I wondered if 'LA' could be Lyra and Aquila?
The bridge between Vega (Lyra) and Altair (Aquila) in the story of the cow heard and the weaver girl, is known as the magpie bridge (anyone remember the mineral magpie? :)).

Magpie bridge:
Magpie_bridge.jpg

Overlaying this with a map of the Cygnus constellation gives this (RA 20h highlighted):
Magpie-RA20.png

As we see, there is a common strip, between about Dec. 33° and Dec. 40°. Center is around Dec. 35°.

For fun I also overlaid the Raxxla symbol:
Magpie-RA20-2.png

As we see the symbol fits reasonably well with the bridge and RA 20h line. The horizontal path of the symbol does not match up with the equatorial parallels or the galactic plane. It would probably align well with a line parallel to the ecliptic (earth's orbit around the sun), but quite a bit above.

Tinfoil:

The Raxxla symbol is a stylized version of the Mars relic. A navigation tool to get to Raxxla. The 33 dots gives the declination. Tilted parallel to the ecliptic and lifted to Dec. 33°, it will show the way. o_O

If this has been noticed then apologies but I have an observation that may add grounds to the "Raxxla is a doorway/gateway to another place".

Somewhere in this thread mention of another galaxy was made that could be hidden dormant on another server. Well, has anyone noticed the two superclusters of stars in the Galactic map that is outside of the galaxy ( Eastside, below the galactic plane )? They are not part of a background skybox as they do move as you pan around the map and they are huge! Perhaps our next destination is right in front of our eyes... it's just getting there.

If this has been noticed then apologies but I have an observation that may add grounds to the "Raxxla is a doorway/gateway to another place".

Somewhere in this thread mention of another galaxy was made that could be hidden dormant on another server. Well, has anyone noticed the two superclusters of stars in the Galactic map that is outside of the galaxy ( Eastside, below the galactic plane )? They are not part of a background skybox as they do move as you pan around the map and they are huge! Perhaps our next destination is right in front of our eyes... it's just getting there.

Those are the large and small Magellanic clouds. Dwarf galaxies close to the Milky Way. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magellanic_Clouds

They can technically be considered part of the MW, so It wouldn't be impossible that they are 'active'. Even though FD have stated that there are no plans for other galaxies.

HD 2270 seems like a nice jump of point, both to them and Andromeda.

I've been expanding a bit on the RA 20 LA. As I suspect that 'Princess Astrophel' refers to Vega / the weaver girl, I wondered if 'LA' could be Lyra and Aquila?
The bridge between Vega (Lyra) and Altair (Aquila) in the story of the cow heard and the weaver girl, is known as the magpie bridge (anyone remember the mineral magpie? :)).

Magpie bridge:
Magpie_bridge.jpg

Overlaying this with a map of the Cygnus constellation gives this (RA 20h highlighted):
Magpie-RA20.png

As we see, there is a common strip, between about Dec. 33° and Dec. 40°. Center is around Dec. 35°.

For fun I also overlaid the Raxxla symbol:
Magpie-RA20-2.png

As we see the symbol fits reasonably well with the bridge and RA 20h line. The horizontal path of the symbol does not match up with the equatorial parallels or the galactic plane. It would probably align well with a line parallel to the ecliptic (earth's orbit around the sun), but quite a bit above.

Tinfoil:

The Raxxla symbol is a stylized version of the Mars relic. A navigation tool to get to Raxxla. The 33 dots gives the declination. Tilted parallel to the ecliptic and lifted to Dec. 33°, it will show the way. o_O
eta Cygni is close to the centre of your last plot but there's nothing on it in EDSM (I checked a handful of alternative names and since it's in the Hipparcos catalogue and the bright star catalogue, i.e. has HIP and HR designations, I would expect it to be in-game).
As I have mentioned before, I wonder whether TDW toast and Astrophil mention are intended to direct us to a system or a heading to take within a system. Unless you guess the system, though, or get TDW invite and hear it from them (if they know), then its going to be through looking at the problem in the right way that leads to the breakthrough. Given how long the game has been going without it being stumbled upon, I'm not expecting blind luck to get us far with either Raxxla or TDW base. Depending on proximity, I might be able to get in-game and check eta Cygni later today, or at least see if it's there.

eta Cygni is close to the centre of your last plot but there's nothing on it in EDSM (I checked a handful of alternative names and since it's in the Hipparcos catalogue and the bright star catalogue, i.e. has HIP and HR designations, I would expect it to be in-game).
As I have mentioned before, I wonder whether TDW toast and Astrophil mention are intended to direct us to a system or a heading to take within a system. Unless you guess the system, though, or get TDW invite and hear it from them (if they know), then its going to be through looking at the problem in the right way that leads to the breakthrough. Given how long the game has been going without it being stumbled upon, I'm not expecting blind luck to get us far with either Raxxla or TDW base. Depending on proximity, I might be able to get in-game and check eta Cygni later today, or at least see if it's there.
It's called 21 Eta Cygni in ED. It's not far out and well explored.

There are a bunch of RL stars in that region. I'm currently in HD 227018. It has a nice big black hole and all. I doubt I find anything. :LOL:

Funny that you mention this I wanted to re-translate the first part of the toast but wasn't sure if it fits

To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies.

Which can also translates using nautical terms as

To the Moving Bridge/Gangway/Passage (brow is nautical for a moving bridge from ship to shore and vice versa)

and the brow must be laid at the edge of something which in this case the Mother of Galaxies. Which I believe The Dark Wheel refers the Milky Way as their Mother of Galaxies.

To the Bridge that burns at the edge of The Mother of Galaxies

If TDW don't know where Raxxla is (which old lore suggests, but isn't confirmed by the Codex) then the toast can't provide directions.
If TDW do know where Raxxla is, then they'd be bloody stupid to give directions to it in the toast and run the risk of a non-TDW commander finding it.

If TDW don't know where Raxxla is (which old lore suggests, but isn't confirmed by the Codex) then the toast can't provide directions.
If TDW do know where Raxxla is, then they'd be bloody stupid to give directions to it in the toast and run the risk of a non-TDW commander finding it.
Ya my inclination is that the toast leads to the dark wheel station. A kind of test before initation.

Ya my inclination is that the toast leads to the dark wheel station. A kind of test before initation.

Not sure that makes sense, since the toast is 'To Raxxla'.
Also, you presumably only learn the toast when you're inducted, at which point you should know the location of the station. On top of which, it's only allegedly the toast.

I guess what I'm really saying is...

It's not a clue ;)

Yes there is that...but...in the Codex it says the 'Alleged Toast of the Dark Wheel' so they're not even confirming that :) and its under the Raxxla topic not the dark Wheel topic so theres that as well..

Don't know if its relevant, if any of it is in fact, but just noticed the toast has 6 lines:

To the Jewel...R
To the whisperer...A
The Siren...X
The parents grief...X
The Lovers woe...L
And the yearning....A

Just maybe if you come across a Siren beginning with X for example, it may lead somewhere, maybe.

Not sure that makes sense, since the toast is 'To Raxxla'.
Also, you presumably only learn the toast when you're inducted, at which point you should know the location of the station. On top of which, it's only allegedly the toast.

I guess what I'm really saying is...

It's not a clue ;)
I would argue that since it is publicly out there... The dark wheel wants it to be... Since raxxla is the raison d'etre of the dark wheel... What else would they be toasting. And since it out there publicly whether they knew where raxxla is or not they would not be giving clues for raxxla out. But they are looking for skilled recruits so they put a test in the toast... A " path of enlightenment" if you will. That leads the initiate to the next stage... The dark wheel station... But ya could mean nothing too

Last edited:
Hypothetically speaking if someone in the dark wheel, possibly Ryder at one point in time in the past, did have a 'map to raxxla' in a certain sense. Perhaps that person dies before anyone else ever sees the alleged 'map.'

now perhaps years later someone else in the dark wheel going through that person's belongings finds the alleged 'map' but doesn't realize what it is, other than at face value.

Now imagine the 'map' is more of directions in the form of a riddle, that way if found, wouldn't provide straightforward directions. Suppose it says..

"To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! To the whisperer in witchspace, the siren of the deepest void! The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. To Raxxla!"

But it really intends more of a...

(Go)To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! (Then take) the whisperer in witchspace (fsd jump?), (to) the siren of the deepest void!(I have nothing for this part) The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. (this is how you get) To Raxxla!

Maybe a dash of
'Alleged Toast of the Dark Wheel'

the toast has 6 lines:

To the Jewel...R
To the whisperer...A
The Siren...X
The parents grief...X
The Lovers woe...L
And the yearning....A
This is fun to toy with

Hypothetically speaking if someone in the dark wheel, possibly Ryder at one point in time in the past, did have a 'map to raxxla' in a certain sense. Perhaps that person dies before anyone else ever sees the alleged 'map.'

now perhaps years later someone else in the dark wheel going through that person's belongings finds the alleged 'map' but doesn't realize what it is, other than at face value.

Now imagine the 'map' is more of directions in the form of a riddle, that way if found, wouldn't provide straightforward directions. Suppose it says..

"To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! To the whisperer in witchspace, the siren of the deepest void! The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. To Raxxla!"

But it really intends more of a...

(Go)To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! (Then take) the whisperer in witchspace (fsd jump?), (to) the siren of the deepest void!(I have nothing for this part) The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. (this is how you get) To Raxxla!

Maybe a dash of

This is fun to toy with

If it's directions then surely the last step is the only important one. Like, I can get to Heart and Soul without needing to go via NGC 7822, so just tell me to go to H&S. Unless Raxxla has magic powers and knows where I've been.

Top Bottom