I really hope not... "The Club" makes me think of one of those silly Grisham novels with polo shirt wearing lawyers/politicians drunk on power playing golf in the ruins of Raxxla..... That would be horrible

They could atleast change their name to something like "the Xibalba Path" and i would have more respect for them.
I disagree. I would much rather find that the "powerful, twisted men" currently occupying Raxxla are a cartel of self-serving, greedy corporate types. The kind of people who would call themselves something just as mundane as "The Club". If they turn out to be some monastic order of "enlightened" cultists ... that, IMO, would be truly horrible.

I disagree. I would much rather find that the "powerful, twisted men" currently occupying Raxxla are a cartel of self-serving, greedy corporate types. The kind of people who would call themselves something just as mundane as "The Club". If they turn out to be some monastic order of "enlightened" cultists ... that, IMO, would be truly horrible.
I couldn't agree more. Plus "The Club" is inconspicuous, almost innocent, as a name. They would be unlikely to call themselves The Cult of Twisted Men, or similar, as it may well draw some extra attention ;-)

It would seem the Galactic Map can actually hide stars ( unless it's my GUI ). Try searching for Beta P. It will direct you to Beta Pavonis in the local area. Then click the next arrow and you will be directed towards the Magellanic Cloud. Try it and see what happens.

Always cloak your shadowy evil world dominating organization in ordinary mundane language and terminology. People on the train hear you talking about how things are going at The Club and they think your discussing your golf game. That's why they referred to the CIA as "The Company". ;)

Ya i suppose im a bit of an escapist when it comes to fiction... I prefer my evil organizations to have names like Spectre, or the Dark Wheel

Ya i suppose im a bit of an escapist when it comes to fiction... I prefer my evil organizations to have names like Spectre, or the Dark Wheel

Council Refuse Collection (outsourced). You never know what’s in those black bin bags!
(Well I do, ‘cos I’ve got a cat...)

But I don’t think the Dark Wheel are evil. They are explorers & adventurers, shadowy only because the Club would wipe them out ( presumably to protect the Club stranglehold over Raxxla, and to protect things like the Club’s Dynasty bases out in the black that explorers may find and disclose to the general populace).

It would seem the Galactic Map can actually hide stars ( unless it's my GUI ). Try searching for Beta P. It will direct you to Beta Pavonis in the local area. Then click the next arrow and you will be directed towards the Magellanic Cloud. Try it and see what happens.
You mean to say you haven’t already got that particular system bookmarked? 😱

😜

I hadn't considered, find all 6 locations of the Toast, and plot what's in the middle of them, instead of waypointing them... 🤔

It makes sense, if you imagined looking out from Raxxla the way we do Earth, the Toast could be to their 6 most prominent astral bodies, the way we have constellations and the North Star (Polaris)...

That would imply that TDW came up with the toast first, then chose the location of the base to fit it. The chances of them randomly picking a location, the looking out of the window and thinking "You know what, we could make a really cool toast about this view" are astronomical. They'd be much more likely to wind up with the toast:

To those 3 stars in a triangle
That line over there
Those look a bit like a frog, if you squint

That would imply that TDW came up with the toast first, then chose the location of the base to fit it. The chances of them randomly picking a location, the looking out of the window and thinking "You know what, we could make a really cool toast about this view" are astronomical. They'd be much more likely to wind up with the toast:

To those 3 stars in a triangle
That line over there
Those look a bit like a frog, if you squint
I think the implication here goes back to our discussion last night Drew. If the toast is some kind of intergalactic treasure map, left by Mr Ryder, for example, then the toast could be a clue of this nature.

You also have to ask yourself (yes I know its "alleged" toast, but lets assume it IS the toast) why TDW would have some random toast to Raxxla, that had no relation to it's whereabouts. Assuming the working assumption that they havn't found it is correct, then the assumption it containers pointers to the breadcrumbs they know of, is a reasonable supposition in my opinion.

EDIT:
To me, it sounds like TDW congratulating themselves for having "some kind of vague idea where it might be" possibly.

EDIT, EDIT:

(pirate laughter) To the palm tree at the bottom of the beach! To the sun that shines brightest on the 3rd rock! To the seagull that calls from the bush on the right! To the treasure chest! (more pirate laughter)

"So, have we found it yet boss?"

"No! But we think we know what country the beach is in. As soon as we work out which coast line it's on, we will track it down in no time!"

[drinks]

Last edited:
I am sooooo far behind the times.

The Formidine Rift was chock-full of mythological 'clues', especially Ancient Greek, so a lot of the old constellations got investigated pretty heavily while that was active.

I was chasing down a cloning/rebirth/terraforming theory with Cmdr Matzov and we hit upon the Phoenix as potentially being relevant - hence Phoenicis. Interestingly there's a lot of waterworlds being terraformed in Phoenicis systems.

I think the implication here goes back to our discussion last night Drew. If the toast is some kind of intergalactic treasure map, left by Mr Ryder, for example, then the toast could be a clue of this nature.

You also have to ask yourself (yes I know its "alleged" toast, but lets assume it IS the toast) why TDW would have some random toast to Raxxla, that had no relation to it's whereabouts. Assuming the working assumption that they havn't found it is correct, then the assumption it containers pointers to the breadcrumbs they know of, is a reasonable supposition in my opinion.

EDIT:
To me, it sounds like TDW congratulating themselves for having "some kind of vague idea where it might be" possibly.

EDIT, EDIT:

(pirate laughter) To the palm tree at the bottom of the beach! To the sun that shines brightest on the 3rd rock! To the seagull that calls from the bush on the right! To the treasure chest! (more pirate laughter)

"So, have we found it yet boss?"

"No! But we think we know what country the beach is in. As soon as we work out which coast line it's on, we will track it down in no time!"

[drinks]

It could be a 'clue', but then Ryder got staggeringly lucky that Raxxla was in a conveniently placed system, otherwise 'frog if you squint'.

Also, LMAO at your pirates.

It could be a 'clue', but then Ryder got staggeringly lucky that Raxxla was in a conveniently placed system, otherwise 'frog if you squint'.

Also, LMAO at your pirates.
"It could be a 'clue', " - I'm going to chose to take this entirely out of context and have it framed! :ROFLMAO:

Convenient location - All part of the mystique - Besides, it needs to be a tiny bit obvious! ;-)

Wow, just had some fun. I was fiddling about with the Galactic Map on my usual search for the Dark Wheel Station, Raxxla ( I still think it's a beer ) and the perfect cup of tea when I noticed a certain Brown Dwarf that is named but with no population. Why??

So off I pootled to check it out and sure enough, one planet had a human signature. Ok, it turned out to be an INRA base with some lovely logs but it got me thinking. If the Dark Wheel are in hiding then I still think we can detect human constructs.

Anyhooo, I did love the fact I discovered something by accident even though it's probably been seen. The source of the Mycoid virus discovery. I love all of this. The mystery, suspense, and beauty of it all. I'm getting all poetic, I need another pint of Ra'xxla :D

Wow, just had some fun. I was fiddling about with the Galactic Map on my usual search for the Dark Wheel Station, Raxxla ( I still think it's a beer ) and the perfect cup of tea when I noticed a certain Brown Dwarf that is named but with no population. Why??

So off I pootled to check it out and sure enough, one planet had a human signature. Ok, it turned out to be an INRA base with some lovely logs but it got me thinking. If the Dark Wheel are in hiding then I still think we can detect human constructs.

Anyhooo, I did love the fact I discovered something by accident even though it's probably been seen. The source of the Mycoid virus discovery. I love all of this. The mystery, suspense, and beauty of it all. I'm getting all poetic, I need another pint of Ra'xxla :D
What is the system name please

Top Bottom