..."solved rift mystery" tonight, pity I didn't play elite when it was current .. (play since mid of this April)...
...also found unknown NS 87 jumps ahead ...
so was thinking plenty - almost hit the star some :D ..
...I think all 6 parts of toast are different points of view to the same object. Nobody checked that it seems, like "apple is red and same apple is sweet".
And somehow I feel I need to check remnants in crab nebula, will be there on back way. Word "siren" hardly bounds to "supernova Ia" in my mind.

If to join alltogether
1. "siren" - some supernova, it was in crab (we can't catch new)
2. "whisper" - it should be NS (it is in crab)
3. "brow" - well, crab is on horn of tauri ...which is associated with Venus or Zeus in myphs.
...other 3 didn't figure yet :D also dunno what to search for there ...

Last edited:
Actually it appears you can - see last line of my sig.

Edit the signature, highlight the linked text, click the water drop icon, click the eraser icon at bottom right, click okay, click save.

thanks for your help. Finally managed to change the colour of the LP/UCB summary link, but the obvious method didn't work, had to toggle the BBcode within my signature & play around with that. For some reason the colour for this link was set to an "rgb(X, Y, Z)" code value rather than the hex code from the toolbar selector, which stubbornly refused to implement the colour change. Changed the BBcode & all resolved!

Oh.. I was convinced that Rebecca pointed us to the ~exact mYsTeRy, inside the RR tube. But as you probably know I also was convinced that it was about ghosts, dragons and Raxxla... It turned out in a different way and proved you right. No wonder nobody found the stranded ship until DW held our hand. So...FD-esque. Then, actually, I wont bet on any particular interpretation of the "clues" we currently have.
Though to be fair a couple of people got extremely close. I think SpocksOddSocks got to one system away...but without a breadcrumb trail to find it was always like a needle in a universe of haystacks; FD (& I think DreW) just didn't seem to realise how big the universe is for this treasure hunt. So eventually we had to be spoonfed the location which spoilt the whole hunt. A chain of deployed beacons would have been the obvious thing to put in-game, that's what the book said Zurara was deploying. But.......

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
Exploring the far MW in search of Raxxla is an enjoyable way to play the game. I did that for a couple of years. But I knew I was somewhat fooling myself, as no average Explorer just like no biowaste trucker is meant to stumble on it by chance. There is a journey to "travel" and its starting point has to be pretty close to the Bubble, IMHO.

Sorry for the dumb question...

I keep seeing RR line/tube being mentioned recently. What is this? Is it referring to RR Caeli?

Reorte-Riedquat line. It's the clue that started the whole FRift mystery. From Drew Wagar's book Elite Reclamation. If I remember I'll quote you the paragraph later. (it's also a very good read, as is Elite Premonition, both FD-sponsored and canon lore as far as we know).

Oops, just found it:
‘Deadly? Dangerous? Elite?’ The woman rolled her eyes at Salomé’s blank look. ‘You’ve no idea what I’m talking about, have you?’
Salomé shook her head.
‘Kids.’ The woman waved her hand vaguely around her. ‘They’ve mucked it up of course, fiddled with the ratings so much now that no one can figure it out. Used to be simple back in my day. You spaced a ship and you got a rating. The more you killed the more fearsome you became. Lots of folks got to be dangerous; you didn’t last long if you weren’t dangerous you know.’
The woman paused for a moment chuckling to herself.
‘A few got to be deadly, but Elite … well, we were special. People respected us. Being Elite meant something out on the Frontier …’
‘You’ve been to the Frontier?’
‘To it, through it, past it,’ the woman smiled. ‘Don’t tell no one, but I got as far as the Formidine Rift, not many folks can say that! No one has gone past it and lived to tell the tale.’
‘The Formid …?’
‘Edge of the galactic arm. Take a line from Reorte to Riedquat to the edge of the arm and … keep going.’ The woman grimaced. ‘Stars thin out, you can see the whole galaxy just hanging there. I took a fancy to going exploring after I lost …’ she paused, a sadness creeping across her face, ‘… had some time to spare. Quiet for the most part, until …’
‘Until what?’
‘Let’s just say there was some serious out there, stuff you wouldn’t believe. No really – no one believed me, said it was all a fabrication. I had no proof you see and they edited my memory afterwards. Ah, it’ll all come back to bite them one day, it’s all there in the Imperial databanks somewhere - and they thought the Thargoids were trouble …’

edit: "poopoo" is the forum sanitiser kicking into action! I don't enjoy being sanitised!

Last edited:
..."solved rift mystery" tonight, pity I didn't play elite when it was current .. (play since mid of this April)...
...also found unknown NS 87 jumps ahead ...
so was thinking plenty - almost hit the star some :D ..
...I think all 6 parts of toast are different points of view to the same object. Nobody checked that it seems, like "apple is red and same apple is sweet".
And somehow I feel I need to check remnants in crab nebula, will be there on back way. Word "siren" hardly bounds to "supernova Ia" in my mind.

If to join alltogether
1. "siren" - some supernova, it was in crab (we can't catch new)
2. "whisper" - it should be NS (it is in crab)
3. "brow" - well, crab is on horn of tauri ...which is associated with Venus or Zeus in myphs.
...other 3 didn't figure yet :D also dunno what to search for there ...

It's my next hypothesis to check, now I've got fed up with BH (well, actually two more enroute). But it's a fallacy that you need six coordinates- Hollywood fluff! It's a 3D universe, so you just need three coordinates (four if you count time, but I don't personally think Raxxla is moving).

Oh the amount of fun we had arguing about just that one line.

And then we got Thargoids anyway.

Ah, but they were the docile Oresrian thargoids (so we are told). I predict in next year's update we'll come face to face with the ravening Klaxian horde, in a first-person shooter add-on.
FD have got to do it marketing wise to compete with Star Citizen's Squadron42, which may be released also next year (we hear!). But since I'm not into pew pew I'll probably be playing "Auntie Halsey's on-line guide to macrame" by then.

Ah, but they were the docile Oresrian thargoids (so we are told). I predict in next year's update we'll come face to face with the ravening Klaxian horde, in a first-person shooter add-on.
FD have got to do it marketing wise to compete with Star Citizen's Squadron42, which may be released also next year (we hear!). But since I'm not into pew pew I'll probably be playing "Auntie Halsey's on-line guide to macrame" by then.

Salome Phase 1 (Official) - There's weird bad stuff in the Rift, but it's not Thargoids
Salome Phase 2 (Unofficial - CoR) - There's weird bad stuff in the Rift, but it's not Thargoids
Salome Phase 3 (Official) - There's bad humans who did stuff in the Rift, and oh look, Thargoids

I'm fully expecting TDW to be Thargoids - probably them Klaxians

No, I'm not still bitter*

*I'm still bitter

anyone better at Simbad etc than me? I'm trying to check Scytale's Crown alternative to Cassiopeia - Corona Borealis in-game (well actually checking in EDSM). The brightest of the crown is alpha Corona Borealis, Alphecca (or Alphekka), Gemma (which means Jewel), Gnosia (Gnosia Stella Coronae), and Asteroth (or Ashtaroth). But I can't find any of those. Simbad says it's also 2MASS J15344125+264252, HD 139006, or HIP 76267, but I can't find any of those in EDSM either, which I find puzzling as I'm sure someone will have visitied it by now. Nor can I find Blaze Star (google references a burlesque dancer), T Corona Borealis which is a recurrent nova. Making me think there is something wrong with my browser accessing EDSM.

ah, checked in galmap - it's alphekka!

Reorte-Riedquat line. It's the clue that started the whole FRift mystery. From Drew Wagar's book Elite Reclamation. If I remember I'll quote you the paragraph later. (it's also a very good read, as is Elite Premonition, both FD-sponsored and canon lore as far as we know).

Oops, just found it:
‘Deadly? Dangerous? Elite?’ The woman rolled her eyes at Salomé’s blank look. ‘You’ve no idea what I’m talking about, have you?’
Salomé shook her head.
‘Kids.’ The woman waved her hand vaguely around her. ‘They’ve mucked it up of course, fiddled with the ratings so much now that no one can figure it out. Used to be simple back in my day. You spaced a ship and you got a rating. The more you killed the more fearsome you became. Lots of folks got to be dangerous; you didn’t last long if you weren’t dangerous you know.’
The woman paused for a moment chuckling to herself.
‘A few got to be deadly, but Elite … well, we were special. People respected us. Being Elite meant something out on the Frontier …’
‘You’ve been to the Frontier?’
‘To it, through it, past it,’ the woman smiled. ‘Don’t tell no one, but I got as far as the Formidine Rift, not many folks can say that! No one has gone past it and lived to tell the tale.’
‘The Formid …?’
‘Edge of the galactic arm. Take a line from Reorte to Riedquat to the edge of the arm and … keep going.’ The woman grimaced. ‘Stars thin out, you can see the whole galaxy just hanging there. I took a fancy to going exploring after I lost …’ she paused, a sadness creeping across her face, ‘… had some time to spare. Quiet for the most part, until …’
‘Until what?’
‘Let’s just say there was some serious poopoo out there, stuff you wouldn’t believe. No really – no one believed me, said it was all a fabrication. I had no proof you see and they edited my memory afterwards. Ah, it’ll all come back to bite them one day, it’s all there in the Imperial databanks somewhere - and they thought the Thargoids were trouble …’

edit: "poopoo" is the forum sanitiser kicking into action! I don't enjoy being sanitised!

They have to keep the forums and your memory clean! 8d

Do they understand how aweful it is they sell content and in other cases make games(not neccesarily this company) and then don't allow conversations on the subjects involved. I've run into too many cases like this in the last decade or so. Sadly we may never had the sense as a whole to reverse this nonsense.

anyone better at Simbad etc than me? I'm trying to check Scytale's Crown alternative to Cassiopeia - Corona Borealis in-game (well actually checking in EDSM). The brightest of the crown is alpha Corona Borealis, Alphecca (or Alphekka), Gemma (which means Jewel), Gnosia (Gnosia Stella Coronae), and Asteroth (or Ashtaroth). But I can't find any of those. Simbad says it's also 2MASS J15344125+264252, HD 139006, or HIP 76267, but I can't find any of those in EDSM either, which I find puzzling as I'm sure someone will have visitied it by now. Nor can I find Blaze Star (google references a burlesque dancer), T Corona Borealis which is a recurrent nova. Making me think there is something wrong with my browser accessing EDSM.

FD went with the name Alphekka instead of Alphecca ( which is also referred as Gemma)
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/bodies/id/30513/name/Alphekka

They have to keep the forums and your memory clean! 8d

Do they understand how aweful it is they sell content and in other cases make games(not neccesarily this company) and then don't allow conversations on the subjects involved. I've run into too many cases like this in the last decade or so. Sadly we may never had the sense as a whole to reverse this nonsense.

Well, its a game without an age limit so I can see the need for a bad-language filter. This was just a silly example of it kicking in!

I posted a couple of links for you earlier about the ED star-naming convention. For some reason the first (Reddit) link comes up as a barely-readable image. I really don't understand the way this new forum thingy works!

Spent a day there as well. It's a dull place.

Top Bottom