Yeah, but if you did ask him, do you think he'd say "Well no, there's no way for you to find it, and you've been wasting your time for the last 5 years" even if that was the case?
I would just be okay with either a yes or no. To be totally honest, however, I expect there to be no reply at all. I mean, that would be a hint, and Mike Brookes said that there would be none.

However, what I'm trying to figure out, is that "but I think you'd have to make some of it a tiny little bit obvious so people know what they're doing." part of the quote.

You can revise...seems ok for me >:
To me it seems like you are searching a point that has the same distance to each of three given points just by brute force, assuming that the solution must be in the cube between the two point created from the dimension's mins and maxs. Can that be taken for granted?

My 1st idea would have been to try some algebra. That should be more efficient.
…The more I'm thinking about it I get the impression that the equations won't be trivial to solve… My math lectures were a long time ago! Does anybody know the solution??

Whoops, seems that I'q quite late

Last edited:
just a little two cents.
Michael Brookes: "... It's a journey that everyone has to travel for themselves."
"everyone has to travel for themselves"

this specific sentence makes me think that raxxla must be a unique thing for every everyone. it is not a shared thing between players in the same universe. only you, can find raxxla for yourself, in your own journey. and when you find it, nothing else changes for anyone else, but you.

it also could mean that, everyone should be capable of finding raxxla for themselves, without any exterior help. wich hints that it is not hidden by some complex math puzzles, or complicated mechanics that only a set few can solve. the difficulty of finding it is at reach of everyone. since "everyone should be able to find it for themselves". some type of "hidden under your nose" kind of puzzle.

i realise this leads no where. but hey.

just a little two cents.

this specific sentence makes me think that raxxla must be a unique thing for every everyone. it is not a shared thing between players in the same universe. only you, can find raxxla for yourself, in your own journey. and when you find it, nothing else changes for anyone else, but you.

it also could mean that, everyone should be capable of finding raxxla for themselves, without any exterior help. wich hints that it is not hidden by some complex math puzzles, or complicated mechanics that only a set few can solve. the difficulty of finding it is at reach of everyone. since "everyone should be able to find it for themselves". some type of "hidden under your nose" kind of puzzle.

I took it to mean that when I find Raxxla and give you the coordinates, you won't simply be able to travel there directly - you'll need to make the whole journey yourself.

At it's simplest interpretation, Raxxla is permit-locked.

just a little two cents.

Perhaps a set of missions only 'unlockable' through certain conditions.

However our only way of having that were those Dark Wheel tip off missions that are currently no longer in the game, as per OP's current OP.

I took it to mean that when I find Raxxla and give you the coordinates, you won't simply be able to travel there directly - you'll need to make the whole journey yourself.

Something like that. If this is the case, then that leaves the following:
-Polaris
-The entirety of the Col 70 sector space
-The areas in and around the Horsehead nebula and Barnard's Loop regions
-Mingfu, Witch's Reach, HIP 22460 and others.
-Don't forget Lave 2, and finally Triton in Sol

Last edited:

A portal could be a series of gates, in different systems.
Some old alien jump gate system or something?
Probably no real gate though. Just a hole in space. Raxxla is a ghost planet. :)

Perhaps a set of missions only 'unlockable' through certain conditions.

However our only way of having that were those Dark Wheel tip off missions that are currently no longer in the game, as per OP's current OP.

Something like that. If this is the case, then that leaves the following:
-Polaris
-The entirety of the Col 70 sector space
-The areas in and around the Horsehead nebula and Barnard's Loop regions
-Mingfu, Witch's Reach, HIP 22460 and others.
-Don't forget Lave 2, and finally Triton in Sol

Regor sector
Bovomit sector
All the other locked Col sectors apart from 70

Alternatively, it may be a system that doesn't show up on Galmap until you're told about it.

This is why I'm not looking for Raxxla. I'm looking for the key.

To me it seems like you are searching a point that has the same distance to each of three given points just by brute force, assuming that the solution must be in the cube between the two point created from the dimension's mins and maxs. Can that be taken for granted?

My 1st idea would have been to try some algebra. That should be more efficient.
…The more I'm thinking about it I get the impression that the equations won't be trivial to solve… My math lectures were a long time ago! Does anybody know the solution??

Whoops, seems that I'q quite late
Yeh, i tried some algebra and gave up :D Since a bit complex for me ...however, if there is any 3d progarammer ..need shift coordinat system to match surface of trangle, then solve task on surface (1 point) then shift coodrinates back to space.
But as we figured already "not everyone" knows math enough. Soo ..seems like dead end.

Been thinking...Storywriters were told Raxxla was off limits as something that should play out on the game, whole Lore has been Retconned but not changed (Jameson ship chronoogy is still current), so what has changed? Most of the stuff about Raxxla, why? Because it was too hard to retro-fit something into the old idea that was never planned to be anything in the first place? Why retconn it at all if it doesnt 'exist' physically in the game, far simpler to leave it as was.

The Codex etc hints that it does exist, the fact that they have changed the lore around it suggests its for a reason other than just plain background.

GalNet - I always thought Gan Romero etc although 'meant to take place off-camera' could still have hints or backup to other areas of the lore or game. So the dreams etc may be linked to other dreams just to back up one actual physical storyline later on that does involve dreams maybe, rather than just a 'fairytale' bit of fluff to make the galaxy seem lived in or there'd have been more surely.

So maybe, just maybe, it is in the game this time.

TDW are still looking for Raxxla aren't they? Maybe they know who the people are, if anybody, who does know where it is if that bit of the old lore is still true about the formation of the DW in the first place and why.

DW station - disused station round an unnamed GG - how many stations in human history just got forgotten about? What was there that was wanted enough to build a station then used so quickly it just got forgotten? like an old west ghost town?

Surface Missions - sometimes you get a pickup job or a scan beacon job at a RNG base, you have to map the planet and it shows up within 4-5LS I think it was for me, real close. Raxxla could be a similar place, no need for different game mechanics....a journey each must take for themselves.

Right thats enough help from me, you now have all the info you need to find it, if its there, which I truly believe it might be this time.

Scytale

Banned
SD is just a facade we were told. The show goes on somewhat differently. Test, invite, etc... imho. Now, I can't imagine how it would be managed inside a game with thousands of players... I mean, there is a community. All the secrets of TDW would be revealed in no time.
the fact that they have changed the lore around it suggests its for a reason other than just plain background.
I don't think the lore has changed. Codex just adds alternatives.
Even Rafe Zetter said " IF Raxxla exists, then... blah blah"
He himself wasn't sure that Jason Ryder actually had found some evidence.

Last edited:
SD is just a facade we were told. The show goes on somewhat differently. Test, invite, etc... imho. Now, I can't imagine how it would be managed inside a game with thousands of players... I mean, there is a community. All the secrets of TDW would be revealed in no time.

That somewhat depends on what it takes to trigger an invite from TDW. For example, if it's handing in UC data 1,000 HIP xxxxx systems you'd not necessarily know what it was that you'd done - especially if you'd just handed in 50 systems. It could be even further obfuscated by not triggering the invite until next time you'd logged in. Nobody would know what the trigger was and everyone would have to make the journey themselves. Obviously as more people pass the threshold it will be possible to figure it out, but it's not a case of once one person gets it everyone can.

Scytale

Banned
Yeah, I was thinking more to something like "Hey guys ! I am a member of TDW now and their station is ...., their current ops are.. , I was given ... mission, etc.
I bet only YTubers and "Influencers" under NDA will ever be invited to TDW and land on Raxxla. :LOL:
EDIT: No, sorry, what I really think is that all that Raxxla and TDW mumbo jumbo... is just fluff.
Hear that:
" 2014: we know why Raxxla hasn't already be found "
" 2018: what a silly question! Of course. " (What a silly answer !)
Just look at Will's (?) face, while he thinks "Am I going to loose my job because I didn't filter the incoming questions on the chat ? 😰 "
Come ooooon !
I tell you Raxxla left ED when MB was put aside and the E/F missions taken off. (< Macros' fault ! ) FD never answered to dozens of posts asking: "Why?".
EDIT-re: Actually they did! "Aw, they should be there, actually. I am going to look into that."
Was at the times of the 2.1 patch, iirc. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ED is a sandbox. A sandbox with a beautiful Stellar Forge but just a sandbox. (You aren't allowed to build sand castles, though.)
Every attempt to give some depth to it ended out somewhere between "..meh.." and " total disaster".
PewPew works pretty well, though !

Last edited:
Been thinking...Storywriters were told Raxxla was off limits as something that should play out on the game, whole Lore has been Retconned but not changed (Jameson ship chronoogy is still current), so what has changed? Most of the stuff about Raxxla, why? Because it was too hard to retro-fit something into the old idea that was never planned to be anything in the first place? Why retconn it at all if it doesnt 'exist' physically in the game, far simpler to leave it as was.

The Codex etc hints that it does exist, the fact that they have changed the lore around it suggests its for a reason other than just plain background.

GalNet - I always thought Gan Romero etc although 'meant to take place off-camera' could still have hints or backup to other areas of the lore or game. So the dreams etc may be linked to other dreams just to back up one actual physical storyline later on that does involve dreams maybe, rather than just a 'fairytale' bit of fluff to make the galaxy seem lived in or there'd have been more surely.

So maybe, just maybe, it is in the game this time.

TDW are still looking for Raxxla aren't they? Maybe they know who the people are, if anybody, who does know where it is if that bit of the old lore is still true about the formation of the DW in the first place and why.

DW station - disused station round an unnamed GG - how many stations in human history just got forgotten about? What was there that was wanted enough to build a station then used so quickly it just got forgotten? like an old west ghost town?

Surface Missions - sometimes you get a pickup job or a scan beacon job at a RNG base, you have to map the planet and it shows up within 4-5LS I think it was for me, real close. Raxxla could be a similar place, no need for different game mechanics....a journey each must take for themselves.

Right thats enough help from me, you now have all the info you need to find it, if its there, which I truly believe it might be this time.
I've been doing tdw missions and mystery tip offs all year though. Nothing more than I'm now much better at finding coordinates

One possible perspective we might not have looked into with parts of the toast.

Ex. The Parent's Grief

At this point all I can think is we looked into the parents themselves we never did a search on the name of the person/god they are grieving over.

Top Bottom