I don't want to get too deep into an argument but there is a different between something that occurs off-camera and eventually has an in-game element. I think Frontier is admitting here that the Gan Romero story never was never intended to have an in-game element. What they've said is that future Galnet content will actually be relevant to the game ... meaning that Gan Romero and his story arc simply weren't relevant at all. It was window dressing.
It's a pity that FD are planning to stop these stories, with no in-game element. If nothing else, Gan's story was a reminder of Halsey's visions. New player may not be aware of this. If a few new players learn something from a story like this, it was worth writing.
Not allowing in-game lore with out in-game content, is just an excuse to reduce writing hours.
The off-camera stories were always better, as they weren't limited by the game's relatively simple mechanics.

It's a pity that FD are planning to stop these stories, with no in-game element. If nothing else, Gan's story was a reminder of Halsey's visions. New player may not be aware of this. If a few new players learn something from a story like this, it was worth writing.
Not allowing in-game lore with out in-game content, is just an excuse to reduce writing hours.
The off-camera stories were always better, as they weren't limited by the game's relatively simple mechanics.
The book was better ;)

So what does that mean for the Alliance Festival of Culture, is that real or is it the last story just running to the end? Nothing going on in any of the Festival systems Ive been to. Only mentioning as this week it announces next weeks event which it hasnt before and made me wonder if something is going to happen at the presentation ceremony. If just last story finishing Im cool with that, I enjoyed this one and I can delete all the strangely named people, works and paintings etc mentioned. (You can't put anything in this game without somebody making something of it, must be a minefield for fdev)

Last Tuesday I first mapped most of a system, 183 LY from Sol I think it was, with an un-mapped GG and 8 moons. An 8 moon system <200LY from Sol, un-mappped until last Tuesday, just saying they are out there. It was in Col 285. Suspiciously no blue surface signals that I found....must be evidence of a cloaking system, no? No, but its fun to say that if someones watching you play. :).

Also I have now first mapped 1 Aisling Duval system and 1 Mahon system as well. Both in the bubble, but neither with an un-mapped 8th moon. I started playing 5 months ago I think. So it could be closer than you think.

I’m thinking that Raxxla started off as pure myth, something like “the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow” (apologies if any reader actually believes in leprechauns, I have no desire to belittle anybody’s personal belief system!). Since we were told by FD “it exists” and “it’s in the Milky Way” then the Raxxla we are looking for is something substantial (i.e. not a state of cosmic enlightenment), so the original myth must have been applied to name whatever “it” is by whoever/whatever found “it”.

And back in the original game (~3190), around the time of that naming, jump range was only 7ly.

Edit: just wondering if that “cosmetic enlightenment” in the Codex is not a typing slip but actually intended as a clue...
I’m thinking ‘cosmic enlightenment’ is like the Gan clue ‘space, not black but radiant like heaven’
Space - radiant
Cosmic - enlighten
It’s in a nebula or galactic core (system with no bodies?)

I think we have all got the wrong end of the stick with the Gan story, it was the fact that he was able to steal a ship. Now we will have fleet carriers, somewhere safe to store our ships, maybe stations are no longer a safe place to store your ships.
Why grind to build a conda when you can just steal one 😁

I will follow this lead when I get back to the bubble, unlock Vega, visit Fort Dixon, get friendly with the chief investigator.

If its a map, does Jameson's last messages fit into Parents Grief? Is the fact that its there more than a homage or a finish to the old lore? Is it a direction pointer? Just looking for 'tiny bit obvious'. Doesn't always have to be ancient Greek me thinks.

Am I right that Jameson and Ryder existed at the same time or are they supposed to be different periods in time? If same then its a direct link to that time period and may mean more. Assuming he was on a 'direction' straight back from the homeworld to Lave/Sol? I'm still not clear how he got there or got back in current lore with current technology that we have access to, or don't we? If he mis-jumped sideways or all over then at least it kills that theory. Did he jump into and back from 'witch-space' is what I mean?

Just thought, 'No Brakes' could be Lover's Woe...(in a very loose way and probably isn't but it could be this sort of thing, hidden in plain sight but readable for 'those with eyes to see', dunno why Dan Brown comes to mind with his chase across Rome's landmarks leading to the Illuminati)

We don't know when the toast was developed, while they knew where Raxxla was or long after they 'lost' it? Which is helpful I know.

Quite pleased I managed to get Illuminati into a conspiracy discussion without it being the conspiracy itself, thats a feat of 'skill' me thinks, now for the courage...wheres DB so I can tell him I don't like the colour of his car?

I took it to mean that when I find Raxxla and give you the coordinates, you won't simply be able to travel there directly - you'll need to make the whole journey yourself.

At it's simplest interpretation, Raxxla is permit-locked.
If its a map, does Jameson's last messages fit into Parents Grief? Is the fact that its there more than a homage or a finish to the old lore? Is it a direction pointer? Just looking for 'tiny bit obvious'. Doesn't always have to be ancient Greek me thinks.

Am I right that Jameson and Ryder existed at the same time or are they supposed to be different periods in time? If same then its a direct link to that time period and may mean more. Assuming he was on a 'direction' straight back from the homeworld to Lave/Sol? I'm still not clear how he got there or got back in current lore with current technology that we have access to, or don't we? If he mis-jumped sideways or all over then at least it kills that theory. Did he jump into and back from 'witch-space' is what I mean?

Just thought, 'No Brakes' could be Lover's Woe...(in a very loose way and probably isn't but it could be this sort of thing, hidden in plain sight but readable for 'those with eyes to see', dunno why Dan Brown comes to mind with his chase across Rome's landmarks leading to the Illuminati)

We don't know when the toast was developed, while they knew where Raxxla was or long after they 'lost' it? Which is helpful I know.

Quite pleased I managed to get Illuminati into a conspiracy discussion without it being the conspiracy itself, thats a feat of 'skill' me thinks, now for the courage...wheres DB so I can tell him I don't like the colour of his car?
Now were getting somewhere

Concerning Ryder: He was on a trip from Diso to Leesti with his son, when he got killed. Interestingly enough there is the History of Leesti tourist beacon which mentions young traders doing trips from Diso to Leesti when starting their carreers.

Had been sniffing around at Leesti yesterday. Checked all three belt instances and the beacons but found nothing besides the aforementioned.

Edit: Have to correct my statement: The Ryder family hails from Diso, but the attack occurred while traveling from Lave to Leesti.

Last edited:
Do you see something like planet near A1 on screen? Well, cannot be focused there at all - nothing. Any ideas? Is it just glitch or something hidden?

Ok nvm, rotated ship - it is planet ...glitch :D

Attachments

• EliteDangerousCLIENT_1566830504488_2484.png
    EliteDangerousCLIENT_1566830504488_2484.png
    822.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
We may not get access to the TDW station until we can use our Elite feet to explore it...

Doesn’t really make sense for FD to implement now a station that could only be accessed by a completely new (& as yet only rumoured) mechanism. I think it’s in-game now, I think the codex implies that, and I think the Horizon start screen hints at it (that’s not a current design of wheeled station). when we find TDW station it will either be locked (i.e. doors closed) or refuse access until we have a permit/passed a skill test/allied with SD TDW/ etc, or it will be accessible (I search with some exploration data to sell, just in case).

Last edited:
Depends what the DLC includes and if feet in ships and stations is base game.

The DLC could be sold as Horizons Gas Giants, with feet bundled in for free. :)

I’d rather have a pair of red/green old style 3D specs so I can decode the trailer movie, which is clearly superimposed zooms of two different views of the universe (LMC on the left, Barnards Loop/Witchhead etc on the right but obscured by dust), almost as though its a plan and side view of a specific region of interest.....

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
So, if one player discovers TDW secret station, all the community of players and humanity ingame will know where it is...
So...What will happen ? Besides a tourist beacon will be dropped there.

The book is always better. :)

Elite books would have been pretty dull if they had to stick to in-game observable content. :p
So basically saying, game content is dull. It seems like they notice us paying attention to something in game that motivated people to play. and instead of building on this and making it in game element, they say they are going to stop. Where was the actual logic to this? It's like they want us bored

Scytale

Banned
What happened when the Zurara was found? Mostly nothing.
I don't think finding TDW or Raxxla is going to change anything significant - just someone will have the kudos of finding them.
The Zurara was already dead. Nothing to do (would have been too cool !), end of the story.
The legendary TDW secret home base is supposed alive, with traffic, operations running, etc.. I can't believe "mostly nothing" would happen. Come on.
But I do believe nobody has the slightest idea of how that could be managed in terms of gameplay and storyline. Not even FD. (Besides, the mandatory tourist beacon, of course)
EDIT: oh sorry ! I have an idea. You find the station, it vaporizes you instantaneously and then jumps to another system, the Codex is actualized and people can start the quest again. A tourist beacon Soontill-like pays tribute to the unlucky Cmdr and tells "Here was found the lengendary TDW station by Cmdr X, R.I.P " And you respawn with a gifted Anaconda . Anything else ?
So basically saying, game content is dull. It seems like they notice us paying attention to something in game that motivated people to play. and instead of building on this and making it in game element, they say they are going to stop. Where was the actual logic to this? It's like they want us bored
It's a sandbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom