I found a pretty bad copy of several episodes on yt, Ill give it a look. First I've heard of it, so thanks for that.

Reading more into this Jason Ryder/Avalon connection, which as stated above is based on Arthurian legend, I'm noticing now the connection to Arthur Dent,
The Hitchhikers Guide's main character, an Arthurian Legend like Avalon if you will.
Also, Total Recall's main character was named Douglas and the writer of Hitchhiker's is Douglas Adams. This is becoming very strange.

Also noting how as posted above, Momus was a figure of harmless fun.
This ties into Earth being known simply as Mostly Harmless within HHGttG. Mostly Harmless is also a book within Elite written by Kate Russell.
"Set in the worlds of Elite, inspired by the wit of Douglas Adams; the tale of the least deadly assassin the galaxy has ever known."

Also we have the rare good, The Galactic Travel Guide sold at BluFORD Orbital in LHS3447, the original start system.
"A where's where and a what's what of the Milky Way. This guide highlights the galaxy's top destinations and hot spots."

Ford Prefect was the one who leads and instructs Dent throughout their travels.

And Alas, an answer to the Persephone connection within the HHGttG wiki,
"Rupert
A planet in Earth's solar system beyond the orbit of Pluto. Rupert was named Persephone, but nicknamed Rupert after an astronomer's pet parrot. It was eventually settled by the Grebulons.
In 2005, a large body fitting Rupert's description was discovered beyond Pluto (which was considered a planet then, as opposed to a dwarf planet now). In a poll of the public conducted by New Scientist magazine to search out potential names for the object, "Rupert" ranked #5, and "Persephone" was the top choice. The object was named Eris and designated a dwarf planet by the International Astronomical Union on 13 September 2006."

Though this doesn't fit too well because Eris is an actual planet in Sol (and in Minerva) along with Persephone.

Last edited:
I found a pretty bad copy of several episodes on yt, Ill give it a look. First I've heard of it, so thanks for that.

Reading more into this Jason Ryder/Avalon connection, which as stated above is based on Arthurian legend, I'm noticing now the connection to Arthur Dent,
The Hitchhikers Guide's main character, an Arthurian Legend like Avalon if you will.
Also, Total Recall's main character was named Douglas and the writer of Hitchhiker's is Douglas Adams. This is becoming very strange.

This ties into Earth being known simply as Mostly Harmless within HHGttG. Mostly Harmless is also a book within Elite written by Kate Russell.
"Set in the worlds of Elite, inspired by the wit of Douglas Adams; the tale of the least deadly assassin the galaxy has ever known."

Also we have the rare good, The Galactic Travel Guide sold at BluFORD Orbital in LHS3447, the original start system.
"A where's where and a what's what of the Milky Way. This guide highlights the galaxy's top destinations and hot spots."

"Rupert
A planet in Earth's solar system beyond the orbit of Pluto. Rupert was named Persephone, but nicknamed Rupert after an astronomer's pet parrot. It was eventually settled by the Grebulons.
In 2005, a large body fitting Rupert's description was discovered beyond Pluto (which was considered a planet then, as opposed to a dwarf planet now). In a poll of the public conducted by New Scientist magazine to search out potential names for the object, "Rupert" ranked #5, and "Persephone" was the top choice. The object was named Eris and designated a dwarf planet by the International Astronomical Union on 13 September 2006."

Though this doesn't fit too well because Eris is an actual planet in Sol (and in Minerva) along with Persephone.

Eris also is the goddess of discord. All hail Discordia! I‘ll be happily eating a Hot Dog on friday to celebrate it's forbidden to followers of discordian principles. And one of these days I'll proclaim myself a discordian pope or maybe not.

Edit: Great to have you back Guru. Have been missing you on this thread.

Selected literature excerpts for the serious Raxxla hunter:

"And Isis said:
The earth lies in the middle of the universe upon her back, like to a human being, with eyes turned up to heaven, and portioned out into as many regions as there are limbs in man. She turns her eyes to heaven as though to her own sire, that with his changes she may also bring about her own. She hath her head set to the south of all, right shoulder to southeast, left shoulder to southwest; her feet below the Bear, right foot beneath its tail, left under its head; her thighs beneath those that succeed the Bear; her waist beneath the middle stars.

A sign of this is that men in the south, who dwell upon her head, are fine about the head and have good hair."

"Nefer-ka-ptah now called for a piece of new papyrus and for a cup of beer; and on the papyrus he wrote all the spells that were in the Book of Thoth. Then he took the cup of beer and washed the papyrus in the beer, so that all the ink was washed off and the papyrus became as though it had never been written on. And Nefer-ka-ptah drank the beer, and at once he knew all the spells that had been written on the papyrus, for this is the method of the great magicians."

"And if I should also touch on the secret teaching of the Mysteries in which the Chaldean, divinely frenzied, celebrated the God of the Seven Rays, that god through whom he lifts up the souls of men, I should be saying what is unintelligible, yea wholly unintelligible to the common herd, but familiar to the happy theurgists. And so I will for the present be silent on that subject."

288px-Flammarion.jpg

"Rupert

WB GURU, were you lost out in the black someplace all this time?

Just saw video on utube ..
System: PSR J0024-7204O

Guy was there, but ...when I do search on map, it pops for a second and then gone ....can't target >:. Also NS router plots path there.
Any idea how to get there?

If someone got there then I'd assume they were using an FSD range hack. It's not 'legally' possible to get that far below the galactic plane.

Top Bottom