its been mentioned, but haven't seen evidence that all Dorado stars were checked like I did for the crane constellation.. The wiki list is good for a check list of stars in the constellation which is what Guru meant I think. I went through the list ticking them off (for Crane)- interesting time - saw my first S class star for instance.

Jupp. I think the Persephone link has been investigated inside out. Salomé went to Avalon and Persephone after her Sol trip, If I remember correctly.
I think it was meant to symbolise her going under ground. It was the transformation from Kahina to Salomé or something.

I have fond memories of jettisoning canisters of grain and silver into the sun in Persephone system. I might even have a ship or two left there.

Siren's were protecting Persephone in the fields before Hades kidnapped her, tore a rift in the ground, and brought her down below. The main thing with the argument that there are a myriad of myth's that fit the picture is that Persephone is the consistent figure from the Dark Wheel to the Codex. "Consistency in the fragmentary rumors."

We literally named the 9th planet in Sol after her and that moon fits one of the exact descriptions of what Raxxla could be.
There's that running idea that they may have placed it smack dab in our face the whole time, this would fit the bill.
edit* At this point I feel I'm being redundant about this, and as such, to save you all from the same feeling, I'll leave it at that.
Been out and mapped it since the FSS was added, think I even landed on it to scan a BIO / GEO signal but if there was more than one of each I wouldn't have checked them all (probably only site [3] and / or [6] if there were that many) but I don't recall seeing a human signal or I'd have checked that too, probably (OCD FTW).

Funny how apparently disparate civilisations seem to all tell very similar stories about the past...

Been out and mapped it since the FSS was added, think I even landed on it to scan a BIO / GEO signal but if there was more than one of each I wouldn't have checked them all (probably only site [3] and / or [6] if there were that many) but I don't recall seeing a human signal or I'd have checked that too, probably (OCD FTW).

3 geo's. 2 water geysers and a fiery fumarole along with 1 installation "Primary Transport Authority" or something close to that.

If anyone ever wanted to tour or research the Orion Constellation in full, well as much as FDev will allow, I put this together for you.
3 of the 6 stars comprising his shield are permit locked in Barnard's Loop.
2 of 3 the remaining unlocked systems in the shield are Federation controlled.
2 of the 6 comprising his Club are also controlled by the Federation
The 1 station within his sword in the Orion Nebula is Independent.

Click here to begin your journey

Last edited:
I did Betelgeuse and Rigel but had a hard time find most of the rest. one of the belt was behind a huge wall of locked systems too I think. v orionis it might have been. I thought no it was the right side belt star
Betelgeuse is a phenomenal sight.
The center and furthest star in his belt, Epsilon Orionis aka Alnilam, and the star at the tip of his sword, 44 Iota Orionis aka Hatsya should be the only 2 navigable stars that will give you trouble as they are on the far side of Barnard's Loop/Col 70 Sector. It just takes a little time to work around.

Betelgeuse is a phenomenal sight.
The center and furthest star in his belt, Epsilon Orionis aka Alnilam, and the star at the tip of his sword, 44 Iota Orionis aka Hatsya should be the only 2 navigable stars that will give you trouble as they are on the far side of Barnard's Loop/Col 70 Sector. It just takes a little time to work around.
Did most of the accessible ones except Alnilam because I got stuck hopping around the named systems in the Running Man Nebula (Hard to see unless you're in there and looking at the nav panel, since there's so many, so close together) and I seem to recall finding a bunch with your tags on them.

Pretty sure you missed a few, on purpose maybe, and got a few tags of my own out there. ;)

Did most of the accessible ones except Alnilam because I got stuck hopping around the named systems in the Running Man Nebula (Hard to see unless you're in there and looking at the nav panel, since there's so many, so close together) and I seem to recall finding a bunch with your tags on them.
Pretty sure you missed a few, on purpose maybe, and got a few tags of my own out there.

I just treat places like that as a guest book. Just leaving my signature for the most part. I always hated when in deep space at some relatively small nebula you'll sometimes find a cmdr who has tagged and mapped every dang thing in it. Seems greedy to me to an extent. I've spent a whole lot of time in and around Orion. Currently here now funny enough. This recent move by the bugs towards Which Head is putting me on my toes. If they move to Orion prepare for something massive to happen.

I explored some of the uninhabited systems with human civ flags. Mostly just degraded USS, but a few seem to spawn high grades (ferez). No idea if this is some sort of bug. Only NPCs to be found are at asteroid clusters as is usual of uninhabited systems anywhere close to human space. I am going to try and get a complete list pulled form the edsm data set this weekend.

I just treat places like that as a guest book. Just leaving my signature for the most part. I always hated when in deep space at some relatively small nebula you'll sometimes find a cmdr who has tagged and mapped every dang thing in it. Seems greedy to me to an extent. I've spent a whole lot of time in and around Orion. Currently here now funny enough. This recent move by the bugs towards Which Head is putting me on my toes. If they move to Orion prepare for something massive to happen.
The OCD made me do it, honest! Oink, oink! I'sa greedy lil' piggy! :D

[Edit: Coming at it from the other direction - may as well complete the job while I'm here.]
[Edit, edit: Will take that idea on board though, and maybe leave some for others to tag...]

Last edited:
Top Bottom