In regards to strange npc behaviors, this is my only explanation for it at this point

"Every fantasy theme has its own complex which is self contained, with actors to help tourists play a part in adventures and feel that it is real."
Sounds like the guys that make custom planets from a certain book about a certain guide to a certain Galaxy
Not sure why im being vague, we all know what I m talking about

March 26 2019. My first visit there.
Imo it just implies that I was on the right track and that the methods are sound.
Also worth mentioning is that I've been working on something I call the "Major Discovery Experiment" for some time.
If you punch "Major" into your nav and hit the search tab you will be lead to 4 different systems by hitting the search tab 4x. Arcturus, Van Maanen, Epsilon Eridani, and Pi-Fang.
Got fully allied with all 4 systems and received 2 tip-offs in the process. FYI, the more allied you are with a system the more likely tip-offs will occur when you donate money.
Each system contains a planet named Major. In the case of Arcturus you will see it has Major, Richard's Rock with a station named Fort Harrison
and next to that the planet Discovery.
I believe I've cracked what this "Major Richard/Harrison Discovery" is (Philip K "Richard" and Harrison Ford) but you also find the planet Arcas in Arcturus.
Arcas was the King of Arcadia.

The Gif- Source: https://imgur.com/5fOSYpE

Last edited:
For the record I'm fully aware of what all of it, this whole experience means. The trouble is in what could happen if I told you.

"One day, when Arcas went hunting in the woods, he came across his mother. Seeing her son after so long, she went forth to embrace him. Not knowing that the bear was his mother, he went to kill her with an arrow. Zeus however, watching over them, stopped Arcas from shooting Callisto, and turned Arcas into a bear, then putting them into the stars. They are now referred to as Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, the big and little bears."

March 26 2019. My first visit there.
Imo it just implies that I was on the right track and that the methods are sound.
Also worth mentioning is that I've been working on something I call the "Major Discovery Experiment" for some time.
If you punch "Major" into your nav and hit the search tab you will be lead to 4 different systems by hitting the search tab 4x. Arcturus, Van Maanen, Epsilon Eridani, and Pi-Fang.
Got fully allied with all 4 systems and received 2 tip-offs in the process. FYI, the more allied you are with a system the more likely tip-offs will occur when you donate money.
Each system contains a planet named Major. In the case of Arcturus you will see it has Major, Richard's Rock with a station named Fort Harrison
and next to that the planet Discovery.
I believe I've cracked what this "Major Richard/Harrison Discovery" is (Philip K "Richard" and Harrison Ford) but you also find the planet Arcas in Arcturus.
Arcas was the King of Arcadia.

The Gif- Source: https://imgur.com/5fOSYpE

With 100,000 systems, stations and planets in the Bubble it's supremely easy to make connections - especially tenuous ones like 'Philip K == Richard'.

If you read the Formidine Rift thread (currently hiding in the Exploration forum) you'll find the post where I linked every single element of the Rift storyline to Pink Floyd.

With no clues to narrow things down, we have too many data points and everything seems connected - see also Douglas Adams' "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency", which is, in itself, another connection. See how easy it is?

For the record I'm fully aware of what all of it, this whole experience means. The trouble is in what could happen if I told you.

"One day, when Arcas went hunting in the woods, he came across his mother. Seeing her son after so long, she went forth to embrace him. Not knowing that the bear was his mother, he went to kill her with an arrow. Zeus however, watching over them, stopped Arcas from shooting Callisto, and turned Arcas into a bear, then putting them into the stars. They are now referred to as Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, the big and little bears."
Here, stumbled across this on the IAU site, you might like the multiple comparative mythologies.

[Edit: Quote: "All 88 constellations officially sanctioned by the International Astronomical Union are listed in the table below, plus the Milky Way and the aurora." (Found in the References footer of this IAU page.)]

Last edited:
With 100,000 systems, stations and planets in the Bubble it's supremely easy to make connections - especially tenuous ones like 'Philip K == Richard'.

If you read the Formidine Rift thread (currently hiding in the Exploration forum) you'll find the post where I linked every single element of the Rift storyline to Pink Floyd.

With no clues to narrow things down, we have too many data points and everything seems connected - see also Douglas Adams' "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency", which is, in itself, another connection. See how easy it is?
that makes sense, 'shine on you crazy diamond' is one of my favorite songs to play when I'm doing trade or exploration

The difference between you and I is that I believe there are clues. "You have to make it a little bit obvious" according to MB. This implies that the clues exist. They may not have told you the clues (which I doubt) but that they exist. It's easy to draw connections across so many different mythologies and such,
but which ones give "consistency to the fragmentary rumors"? If you cannot provide consistency, than it's a flop.
I also believe that due to language and interest barriers, by design, there should be a way to relate things in more ways than one. This creates a level playing field for all involved in the quest. Also, not surprised by Floyd tying into any and all of it. Floyd is about the human experience and that alone encompasses a whole hell of a lot in regards to stuff like the rift mysteries and beyond. This too imo is by design.

Last edited:
The difference between you and I is that I believe there are clues. "You have to make it a little bit obvious" according to MB. This implies that the clues exist. They may not have told you the clues (which I doubt) but that they exist. It's easy to draw connections across so many different mythologies and such, but which ones give "consistency to the fragmentary rumors"? If you cannot provide consistency, than it's a flop.
I also believe that due to language and interest barriers, by design, there should be a way to relate things in more ways than one. This creates a level playing field for all involved in the quest.
Also, not surprised by Floyd tying into any and all of it. Floyd is about the human experience and that alone encompasses a whole hell of a lot in regards to stuff like the rift mysteries and beyond. This too imo is by design.

The Floyd thing was easy to tie in because of the themes which they wrote about - once you start with the Dark Side of the Moon album cover and Salome coming from Prism system everything else is just 'join the dots'.

Mythology follows the same pattern in that it's intrinsically about mysteries and the human experience - and Raxxla is specifically designed to fit into that architecture.

But therein lies the problem - we see these two things, Greek (for example) mythology and Raxxla, and they have the same shape. Evolution of animals of all types has shaped an automatic response of "If it's the same shape, it's the same thing" so we can't help but assume a correlation. Humans are particularly adept at pattern matching and it's only recently that we've been able to develop software algorithms that come close to our skill. But without direction we can see patterns EVERYWHERE. There's a whole separate tangent I could go off on here about what happens when the pattern-matching functions of the brain are interrupted by injury - frankly, it's fascinating.

Anyway...

As far as clues go, I don't feel that we can take "a little bit obvious" to mean clues without ignoring "there will be no clues", and since they were said at the same time, that would be weird.

I take it to mean that we'll be told when we're on the right track, rather than be given information about where the track is. This is supported by the Codex entry for Raxxla which says "These theories are all rubbish" and for TDW which says "Don't bother looking".

Consequently I picked a long-term, reasonably obscure goal to work towards, and I just hope that it happens to be the same one DB and MB picked.

Good luck with the clues though :)

Scytale

Banned
Consequently I picked a long-term, reasonably obscure goal to work towards...
Now I am interested ! The psycho-penguin is walking his own dark journey . Just as we were told to do !
About clues and what is obvious, the connection between TDW and Raxxla (obviously) and 'Raxxla is something different.' That's all. I don't think the Codex gives any.
It has been put there just to muddy the water, to give the illusion of some depth and so to make us play their game. Just some more well known FD fluff.
My deep feeling is that we are living a "no-Raxxla" interval in the game development. From the suppression of the E/F missions to late 2020, being optimistic... much.

EDIT: wich reminds me DW's "last hurrah" hypothesis. Bound to 'FD told us writers: don't touch Raxxla, nor Thargs', makes me think Raxxla could very well be at the roots of the Thargs storyline... (Also antigravity. Seems that only Thargs and Guardians were granted to master it.)
All these 'stars' spiraling out of Raxxla...

Last edited:
Now I am interested ! The psycho-penguin is walking his own dark journey . Just as we were told to do !
About clues and what is obvious, the connection between TDW and Raxxla (obviously) and 'Raxxla is something different.' That's all. I don't think the Codex gives any.
It has been put there just to muddy the water, to give the illusion of some depth and so to make us play their game. Just some more well known FD fluff.
My deep feeling is that we are living a "no-Raxxla" interval in the game development. From the suppression of the E/F missions to late 2020, being optimistic... much.

I actually came to it from the other direction. After the Rift finished I had no active goal, so I was wondering what to do. Since the thing that makes ED special for me is the 'real world' galaxy, I hit upon the idea of visiting all the catalog systems in the game. So I fired up Wikipedia, picked a constellation, bookmarked all the listed systems (not just the alphas, betas, etc - all the HIPs, HDs and HRs) in it and headed out. I'm currently heading back from completing my 19th constellation.

It was only subsequently that I realized that this goal could conceivably overlap with the 'journey' needed to find Raxxla. I'm closing in on my 1,000th HR system, so my fingers are firmly crossed at this point :D

The Floyd thing was easy to tie in because of the themes which they wrote about - once you start with the Dark Side of the Moon album cover and Salome coming from Prism system everything else is just 'join the dots'.

Mythology follows the same pattern in that it's intrinsically about mysteries and the human experience - and Raxxla is specifically designed to fit into that architecture.

But therein lies the problem - we see these two things, Greek (for example) mythology and Raxxla, and they have the same shape. Evolution of animals of all types has shaped an automatic response of "If it's the same shape, it's the same thing" so we can't help but assume a correlation. Humans are particularly adept at pattern matching and it's only recently that we've been able to develop software algorithms that come close to our skill. But without direction we can see patterns EVERYWHERE. There's a whole separate tangent I could go off on here about what happens when the pattern-matching functions of the brain are interrupted by injury - frankly, it's fascinating.

Anyway...

As far as clues go, I don't feel that we can take "a little bit obvious" to mean clues without ignoring "there will be no clues", and since they were said at the same time, that would be weird.

I take it to mean that we'll be told when we're on the right track, rather than be given information about where the track is. This is supported by the Codex entry for Raxxla which says "These theories are all rubbish" and for TDW which says "Don't bother looking".

Consequently I picked a long-term, reasonably obscure goal to work towards, and I just hope that it happens to be the same one DB and MB picked.

That was beautifully put. It's funny, because you feel there are no clues based on what was said, and I believe the opposite based on what's said, yet we both understand the human experience element to it and (I hope) the importance of that in this journey. The intricacies of the brains somewhat flaw with its need for pattern recognition really is compelling and complicated. It's a thought and worry I struggled with for a long time personally. At some point though, things just make sense, like the way Philip K ties quite nicely into our storyline. And the Pink Floyd connections which tie very well into the Architecture of Raxxla you speak of, we can be certain that this was intentional and the clues exist to support it. Mythology and Floyd are designed to lead you into yourself, and this is not me saying that Raxxla is inside you, though the quest for it can lead you there, and at this point from what I've heard from people along the way, I'm not alone in feeling this. But Floyd and the mythology are designed to get you to ask yourself the big questions people should be asking themselves while they can. Meanwhile, most of us are just wasting away in our rooms while the ivy grows over the door. :)

Great eye with the Prism connection. Lets not forget that Hope, such as in the Gateway system, is also a diamond.

Hope wiki- "The Hope Diamond is one of the most famous jewels in the world, with ownership records dating back almost four centuries. Its much-admired rare blue color is due to trace amounts of boron atoms. Weighing 45.52 carats, its exceptional size has revealed new findings about the formation of gemstones. "

Side track, Or that old British tv show,(Click here for the youtube) the Strange World of Gurney Slade, which also happens to be a system in game, we find this-

"The series follows the character of Gurney Slade, played by Newley, through a series of mundane environments (sound familiar?) with fantastical elements. Slade is the only continuing character, and is often heard in voice-over expressing his thoughts. Though we learn much about the character's inner life, we learn very little of Gurney Slade's history or background. He appears to be a character in a typical family-oriented TV show who abruptly tires of the artificial environment he's apparently trapped in; the first episode opens with Slade breaking the fourth wall of a television sitcom and leaving the set, to the protestations of its director.

Slade spends the rest of the series simply wandering from one (generally sparse) environment to another, ruminating on life in an often free-associative way. During his wanderings, he sometimes encounters a range of odd people (and at least one talking dog), all of which may be entirely creations of his own imagination. At one point, Slade is put on trial for being a TV character who isn't funny; other episodes consistently introduce meta-fictional elements into the proceedings. The series concludes with a final episode in which Slade, in a TV studio, appears to be little more than a machine-like performer whose every move is controlled by outside forces."

That though Slade was nutty, he was a Crazy Diamond. But he would likely be deemed a good man.

Glad to see a fellow constellationeer (made that word up) on board. I've got somewhere near 30 under my belt at this point. Argo Navis my personal favorite.

You chose the "reasonably obscure goal to work towards" package and at this point I'm not sure what package I opted in for.
I thought it was the "Quest for Atlantis and a unique life experience" package. Now I'm unsure.

Will someone please turn the machine off? Tech support?! Tech support!!! I just wanna wake up!
For the memory of a lifetime...World Craft World Craft World Craft...Call now.

Anyway...

Interesting point of contention here, our Moon does NOT have a "dark side", at all!

Due to tidal locking the Moon does have a side we cannot see from our limited point of perspective here on Earth but, as the Moon rotates around the Earth, any given point on the Lunar equator is in full Sun-light for a period of roughly fourteen days followed by darkness for a further fortnight.

At full Moon the side facing us is fully lit by the Sun, at new Moon the opposite side is fully lit.

Dark side of the moon as an album doesn't really have to do with the moon, at all.

Darkside Wiki- "Each side of the album is a continuous piece of music. The five tracks on each side reflect various stages of human life, beginning and ending with a heartbeat, exploring the nature of the human experience, and (according to Waters) "empathy", "Speak to Me" and "Breathe" together stress the mundane and futile elements of life that accompany the ever-present threat of madness, and the importance of living one's own life – "Don't be afraid to care".By shifting the scene to an airport, the synthesizer-driven instrumental "On the Run" evokes the stress and anxiety of modern travel, in particular Wright's fear of flying."Time" examines the manner in which its passage can control one's life and offers a stark warning to those who remain focused on mundane aspects; it is followed by a retreat into solitude and withdrawal in "Breathe (Reprise)". The first side of the album ends with Wright and vocalist Clare Torry's soulful metaphor for death, "The Great Gig in the Sky".

Opening with the sound of cash registers and loose change, the first track on side two, "Money", mocks greed and consumerism using tongue-in-cheek lyrics and cash-related sound effects. "Money" became the most commercially successful track, and has been covered by several acts. "Us and Them" addresses the isolation of the depressed with the symbolism of conflict and the use of simple dichotomies to describe personal relationships. "Any Colour You Like" concerns the lack of choice one has in a human society. "Brain Damage" looks at a mental illness resulting from the elevation of fame and success above the needs of the self; in particular, the line "and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes" reflects the mental breakdown of former bandmate Syd Barrett. The album ends with "Eclipse", which espouses the concepts of alterity and unity, while forcing the listener to recognise the common traits shared by humanity.

Interesting point of contention here, our Moon does NOT have a "dark side", at all!

Due to tidal locking the Moon does have a side we cannot see from our limited point of perspective here on Earth but, as the Moon rotates around the Earth, any given point on the Lunar equator is in full Sun-light for a period of roughly fourteen days followed by darkness for a further fortnight.

At full Moon the side facing us is fully lit by the Sun, at new Moon the opposite side is fully lit.

As I recall, that was the conclusion I came to - that we should be looking for a tidally locked moon :D

Don't let @GURU-951 spoil the theory by bringing unnecessary facts into it - it's all FAKE NEWS!!!

Alternatively:

Mother of Galaxies - President Halsey
Parent's Grief - Gan Romero's mom
Lover's Woe - That Imperial chick who was going to marry a Fed but didn't
Whisperer in Witchspace - The Formidine Rift Exodus logs
Siren - The Alliance Festival of Culture
Vagabonds - Those refugees that got stuck someplace

See, it's all right there in Galnet - this stuff about it being fluff is all LIES, to keep us off the trail of Raxxla!
Whisperer in whichspace could also be Jaques as he had the same thing as Halsey a which space being guided him to that place iirc

Top Bottom