Types of mission reward:

• Credits
  • Influence
  • Materials
  • Data
**This list is only covering tangible rewards which are given on completion of a mission and doesn’t cover rewards obtained during the mission rather than when handing in or intangible rewards of any sort, and also only applies to missions obtained from missions picked up from the mission board on station services.
You forgot the new one they added that's now most common reward...

Game Crash

Well, hope it’s not too difficult. Torn shoulder ligaments & torn front deltoid. May not be able to play for a week or more. No way could I fight off interdictions. Not sure I could even get my hand to the joystick!

Last edited:
Well, hope it’s not too difficult. Strained shoulder ligaments & torn front deltoid. May not be able to play for a week or more. No way could I fight off interdictions. Not sure I could even get my hand to the joystick!
Jorki, you need to train your ship's dog to work the HOTAS whilst you sit back and just utter the occasional "Make it so"
I left my ship's cat in charge a while back (whilst making an in-flight cup of tea) Came back to find her asleep on the job (and keyboard) and all my heatsinks launched! Going to use her only for working the Galmap in future, as away of flying to random points looking for Raxxla :)

Well, hope it’s not too difficult. Strained shoulder ligaments & torn front deltoid. May not be able to play for a week or more. No way could I fight off interdictions. Not sure I could even get my hand to the joystick!
Assuming you are right handed... You could learn to use joystick with your left hand. I did, throwing away old conventions took some months, but it had to be done to achieve certain goals. In this solve et coagula, also the two modes of flight assist were made to switch places in function. Allegorical tinfoil-mysticism is strong with this one. Few of my ships have gimballed weapon systems anymore. Then other things happened, chaotic things, and bounty hunters are always a few jumps behind. The number of starports that let me access station services is constantly dwindling. But it was all worth it.
cg9ttuasyh331.jpg

Jorki, you need to train your ship's dog to work the HOTAS whilst you sit back and just utter the occasional "Make it so"
I left my ship's cat in charge a while back (whilst making an in-flight cup of tea) Came back to find her asleep on the job (and keyboard) and all my heatsinks launched! Going to use her only for working the Galmap in future, as away of flying to random points looking for Raxxla :)

Mmm, it was the ship’s cat that caused this injury, and the copawlot is a chocolate labrador.
Nuff said
Mad as a box of frogs!

Assuming you are right handed... You could learn to use joystick with your left hand. I did, throwing away old conventions took some months, but it had to be done to achieve certain goals. In this solve et coagula, also the two modes of flight assist were made to switch places in function. Allegorical tinfoil-mysticism is strong with this one. Few of my ships have gimballed weapon systems anymore. Then other things happened, chaotic things, and bounty hunters are always a few jumps behind. The number of starports that let me access station services is constantly dwindling. But it was all worth it.
cg9ttuasyh331.jpg
I am right handed, but left shoulder thats damaged (damn cat!). I use dual sticks. Left is vertical & sideways strafe, and throttle.

Types of mission reward:

• Credits
  • Influence
  • Materials
  • Data
**This list is only covering tangible rewards which are given on completion of a mission and doesn’t cover rewards obtained during the mission rather than when handing in or intangible rewards of any sort, and also only applies to missions obtained from missions picked up from the mission board on station services.

@Thatchinho: Is that a quote from the stream Vetinari was trying to recall, or elsewhere?
@Vetinari : was it Adam Waite?? (Actually I think his name is Adam Bourke-Waite)

Last edited:
Yes its Adam Bourke-Waite, obvious now I know it...but seriously, turn them microphones up, I can turn the Volume down if its too loud at my end!

However see my earlier post, don't go looking specifically for it as may have been a dream or misheard by me. By all means watch the vids for their pure information and if you come across it, fantastic, but dont get wrapped up in it until theres a second source at least.

Last edited:
Yes its Adam Bourke-Waite, obvious now I know it...but seriously, turn them microphones up, I can turn the Volume down if its too loud at my end!

However see my earlier post, don't go looking specifically for it as may have been a dream or misheard by me. By all means watch the vids for their pure information and if you come across it, fantastic, but dont get wrapped up in it until theres a second source at least.

Too late! In my enforced game-free time (actually I did do the planetary scan mission yesterday, largely one-handed- difficult, painful & not again! The radio message about it lasts 30 days but the mission itself only had 4 days before expiry) I have watched all 52 FD progress/fiction diary vids etc. Last night while eating a take-away (can’t drive to the shops) I watched Beyond chapter 4 and chapter one release livestreams and chapter one content vid. In the latter Adam B-W talks about Wing missions which were introduced then. I think (& seem to vaguely remember) he talked about missions in a much earlier livestream, maybe 2.2? I will continue my search!
Nothing significant found so far relevant to the Quest, but some points to note from the FD YT videos:
#17 Development Plan, DB Around 7 minutes some mention of locked/reserved areas.
#23 Fiction Diary 3 MB mentions 250ly bubble with 50 to 100ly border & again reserved areas.
#24 Progress Diary 4 DB around 6 mins 17 secs mentions missions/givers/“trustworthiness”, though I interpret this as Allied status.
#42 The Orbis Starport. This one is interesting. It seems to me to show (at 1:51 & 2:15) a station homing light arrangement that resembles the Raxxla Codex picture. This reinforces my hypothesis that TDW station will be named “RAXXLA”. I am musing whether this whole video is just a marketing item showing off generic Orbis stations and the game video achievements to that point, or a genuine clue to TDW station all along (just a little bit obvious)..🧐

@Vetinari: ED Hot Tpoics Q&A -Missions of Dec13: 2016:
This was, I think, v2.2, or during 2.2 beta test period.
Around 42 minutes Adam B-W answers Edelgard von Rhein’s question about Elite missions such as Obfuscated in the Outer Rim. At 44 mins Dom Carnegie (?) discusses inbox missions - you have to be in-system for 15 minutes to get one. At 1:00:00 improved in-space (inbox) missions is a future thing.

Adam B-W refers to a previous livestream which discussed missions but I can’t find it! The previous one is Hot Topics Q&A Dec 6, 2916 (pre 2.2.3 beta) with Ed, Sandro & Mark Allen. Just finished that & nothing relevant to the Quest that I could see. Can’t find another with AB-W. Were missions addressed in BGS vids, e.g. with Dav Stott?

Last edited:
Top Bottom