After taking a short break from the quest I decided to go over that old video from the 3.1 launch day live stream where DB reads out that question does Raxxla exist as it irked me a little?

Well for a little context one of my RL duties is analysis of interviews. Now I’m not going to say I’m an expert as I work in a team and we aim to be objective so one has to take ones-self out of the process a little, but you pick things up here and there and knowing when someone is lying or has a tell, is one of them, another is being able to follow a conversation and transcribe it correctly.

Where DB answers “and you didn’t / don’t know what it is” in my opinion this is DB responding to Will, concerning Wills apology for not vetting the questions, because it being a live-stream. I don’t think it’s directed at the audience at all.

In regards to his “silly question” well my gut tells me that’s a deflection. It’s obvious it’s a thorny subject, probably not an important one but Will’s apology and the flippancy shows its a contentious issue; or something not very important at all to DB.

Do I think Raxxla is in game, well I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t, but I will keep looking and I will applaud who ever does.... and of course they did state ‘in the past’ that it ‘was’ in game... but I’m beginning to think its not that big nor clever. I certainly think finding the Dark Wheel station will shed more light on this, possibly lead to somewhere even if that’s a dead-end?

But my point is I don’t think it’s constructive to adhere the “and you didn’t / don’t know” statement to Raxxla any longer I honestly don’t think it’s relevant and it’s just muddying the waters.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
After taking a short break from the quest I decided to go over that old video from the 3.1 launch day live stream where DB reads out that question does Raxxla exist as it irked me a little?

Well for a little context one of my RL duties is analysis of interviews. Now I’m not going to say I’m an expert as I work in a team and we aim to be objective so one has to take ones-self out of the process a little, but you pick things up here and there and knowing when someone is lying or has a tell, is one of them, another is being able to follow a conversation and transcribe it correctly.

Where DB answers “and you didn’t / don’t know what it is” in my opinion this is DB responding to Will, concerning Wills apology for not vetting the questions, because it being a live-stream. I don’t think it’s directed at the audience at all.

In regards to his “silly question” well my gut tells me that’s a deflection. It’s obvious it’s a thorny subject, probably not an important one but Will’s apology and the flippancy shows its a contentious issue; or something not very important at all to DB.

Do I think Raxxla is in game, well I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t, but I will keep looking and I will applaud who ever does.... and of course they did state ‘in the past’ that it ‘was’ in game... but I’m beginning to think its not that big nor clever. I certainly think finding the Dark Wheel station will shed more light on this, possibly lead to somewhere even if that’s a dead-end?

But my point is I don’t think it’s constructive to adhere the “and you didn’t / don’t know” statement to Raxxla any longer I honestly don’t think it’s relevant and it’s just muddying the waters.

giphy.gif

Wow, I've always read about this and thought the original interpretation is correct. What we thought was correct was more colored by another forumer's interpretation and even then it is off because of where he left the comma or what the context was https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...s-segment-on-3-1-launchday-livestream.435395/.

Actually looking at the interview itself, I think you are right. Always trust but verify.

Last edited:

giphy.gif
I've said the very same thing in this very same thread. Couldn't agree more.

o7, all. I'm on holiday in Colonia having fun with Phisto and crew. Do let me know if you find it.

Scytale

Banned
How similar would you say Sidney and Cygne sound, in French?
(Spenser's poem ?)
They sound very different. No possible confusion. Something like 'seednay' and 'seeñ.'
Diphtongs
are really funny in French. Cygne and signe (sign) have the exact same pronunciation.
Also o, oh, os, -ot, -ots, -ôt, au, aux, -aud, eau, eaux, haut, hauts, -ault... all the same ! 😆

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
ED lore consisted of nothing except vague hints, up to the release of the codex.
Mmmmh... If we assume that all what the E/F missions told us hasn't been retconned, their "clues" were much more specific than the fluffy Codex.
(Celestial body, obfuscation, not a place, door/key, lost route map, SAP8, Trinkets, Songs of the Spheres, etc.. Oh happy past times, when there was Raxxla-ish stuff ingame!)

Last edited:
Pre-ED Raxxla = Planet, portal and evil men. TDW is searching, but haven't found it.
ED Raxxla = Dull moon, portal (omphalos rift) and sinister cabal or sole tyrant. TDW is searching, but haven't found it.

Not much have changed. Mainly because there isn't much to change. The entire 'old lore' consists of a few sentences in TDW. ED lore consisted of nothing except vague hints, up to the release of the codex.

Ya I re-read it recently and its funny how ideas get fixed in ones mind... I kept equating the Twisted Men with the Dark Wheel (or atleast a part of it) but its clear from the novella that they are different groups. The Dark Wheel is looking for Raxxla, and the Twisted Men are probably the ones who really know about Raxxla and possibly have "black and green flags with bright sunbursts on them and non-terrestrial ideographs on the sides"... black and green sunburst pattern:

Anyhoo im just focusing on twisted things these days ...

Last edited:
(Spenser's poem ?)
They sound very different. No possible confusion. Something like 'seednay' and 'seeñ.'
Diphtongs
are really funny in French. Cygne and signe (sign) have the exact same pronunciation.
Also o, ô, oh, os, -ot, -ots, -ôt, au, aux, -aud, eau, eaux, haut, hauts, -ault... all the same ! 😆

The reason I'm asking is that back in the day, the similarity was made a big deal of. Particularly in the discussion of Mary(sister) Sidney's contribution to Shakespeare's authorship: https://marysidney.weebly.com/9.html

Seems the similarity was rather superficial, but good enough for the King.

"King Charles IX made Sidney a baron of the French realm and gave him the arms of ‘the Swan’, because the French equivalent, cygnet (pronounced seen-yay), was the closest the heralds could come to the Englishman’s Frenchified name, de Sideney (pronounced de-see-de-nay)."

Edit: The Spencer poem is also interesting, as it literally puts Sidney(as a swan) in the sky as a sign. I will come back to it.

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
cygnet (plural cygnets) The young of a swan. Yeah, the pronunciation of this one is a little more similar to Sydney. But still, cygne and cygnet sound quite different... today.
Back at the XVI century... who knows ? Besides, it also depends on what accent the word is spoken. In the south of France, they would sound more similar.
Daniel Spenser's poem is the original text from where you took that Snowy Swan phrase, isn't it ?

Last edited:
Mmmmh... If we assume that all what the E/F missions told us hasn't been retconned, their "clues" were much more specific than the fluffy Codex.
(Celestial body, obfuscation, not a place, door/key, lost route map, SAP8, Trinkets, Songs of the Spheres, etc.. Oh happy past times, when there was Raxxla-ish stuff ingame!)

To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies!
SAP8 Core (foot long crystalline shard) Obfuscation in the outer rim...

To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void!
The silent song of the spheres

The parent's grief, the lover's woe,
The door that is also a key

and the yearning of our vagabond hearts.
Trinkets of Hidden fortune are knicknacks and ...statuettes of lady fortune

To Raxxla!"

ok its a bit of a stretch :geek:

Scytale

Banned
To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void!
The silent song of the spheres
In 1619 Kepler published Harmonices Mundi (literally Harmony of the Worlds), expanding on the concepts he introduced in Mysterium and positing that musical intervals and harmonies describe the motions of the six known planets of the time (Wikipedia).
So, the Icon represents Sol (it's symbol for centuries)
which is the true jewel.
Six green beams and the curved lines represent the singing of the six planets.
The dashed line, the asteroid belt.
So...
Are we going to explore
The planetoid Sedna, discovered in 2003, is thought to be a member of the inner Oort Cloud.

Herr Professor-Doktor already started, years ago, iirc..

Last edited:
So I should forgot my stupid Imperial role-play to do something for Feds to access Sol. Damn that game! I don't like that Federation fleet titles! Petty officer!

I'm sorry for this offtop.

Petty Officer derives from the Norman/French Petit Officier meaning “little” or “lesser” & dates back to the Age of Sail. Petty officer rank lies between commissioned officers and enlisted sailors. Apparently as a form of officer they had the right to walk the ship’s quarterdeck.

In 1619 Kepler published Harmonices Mundi (literally Harmony of the Worlds), expanding on the concepts he introduced in Mysterium and positing that musical intervals and harmonies describe the motions of the six known planets of the time (Wikipedia).
So, the Icon represents Sol (it's symbol for centuries) View attachment 145444 which is the true jewel.
Six green beams and the curved lines represent the singing of the six planets.
The dashed line, the asteroid belt.
So...
Are we going to explore
The planetoid Sedna, discovered in 2003, is thought to be a member of the inner Oort Cloud.View attachment 145447

Herr Professor-Doktor already started, years ago, iirc..
That circle with a dot in it has been the 'Sun' symbol for millennia.
The Earth symbol is a circle with a plus in it like the zodiac wheel.

[Edit: And the seven planets (week) have been visible for a while.]

[Edit, edit: Read a little more of the Musica Universalis and noticed that the "six" known planets referred to here includes the Earth while the seven planets mentioned just above, as the origin of the seven day week does not include an "Earthday" but does include the two "luminaries" aka "Sunday" and "Mo(o)nday".]

Last edited:
The Cygnus posts, part 1.

I'm going to try to write a coherent hypothesis of the correlation between the ED galaxy, the codex and Greek mythology, to indicate the approximate location and nature of Raxxla.

The main story of Greek mythology is the story of three brothers, Zevs, Poseidon and Hades who split the worlds between them, after killing of their father and locking up the rest of the Titans.

Hades rules the realm of the dead. Hades and Tartarus. Poseidon rules the sea. Zevs rules Olympus / the heavens. Most of the goods live in Olympus. Even Poseidon. Hades is rarely there. He prefers to stay in the underworld.
The brothers have small internal fights and some bigger issues with monsters. Typhon was a particularly nasty one.

If we say that all this is the myth of a story that actually happened in the ED galaxy, we can put on a few hats.
  • The Goods = Guardian AI / Constucts or Guardians with AI that escaped.
  • Titans = The original Guardians. The parents of the constructs, killed by their sons.
  • Monsters = Thargoids. Typhon, Medusa, Cyclops, Hydra.
How does this fit with the geography of the galaxy? If we start at the bottom in the underworld, we have Gamma Velorum (Regor) as a central eye catching star. It's deep in Guardian territory and in the permit locked Regor sector.
Gamma Velorum is located at Right ascension: 8h 11m / Declination: -47° 29'. This is interesting. If we flip it to the opposite side of Sol, we point to: Right ascension: 20h 11m / Declination: 47° 29' (Add 12h on RA, flip sign on Dec).
This is rather close to the RA 20 50a interpretation of the word Raxxla. RA as Right ascension coordinate and 'a' alt(altitude in horizontal coordinates, the same coordinate as declination), XX as 20 in Roman numerals and L as 50 in Roman numerals.

We have a possible Axis mundi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_mundi, that connects the three realms, through the Omphalos.

Hesiod tells us that a bronze anvil falling from heaven would fall nine days before it reached the earth. The anvil would take nine more days to fall from earth to Tartarus. This should place Olympus at the same distance from Sol as Tartarus. Regor is about 1100 ly. 900 ly is still deep inside Guardian space. In Elite most mysterious places are at about 1000 ly.

The gods liked to travel from Olympus to earth. To get in and out of Olympus, they used 'the gate of clouds'. That seem to be a ok match to a ghost world that is a gateway.
https://mythology.net/greek/greek-concepts/mount-olympus/

Conclusion: We should look for a cloud planet thingy, in Cygnus at about RA 20 DEC 50. About 1000 ly form Sol.

Happy hunting. :)

Last edited:
The Cygnus posts, part 2. Neptune.

Neptune is Poseidon. The middle (vertically) brother of the ruling Greek gods. In RL the planet Neptune is tilted perfectly as an opmhalos point.
Neptune's south pole star is Gamma Velorum (Regor) an it's north pole points to a spot midway between Gamma and Delta Cygni.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_star#Other_planets

In ED Neptune has the mysteriously permit locked moon Triton. Possible location for Ophalos rift artefact?

Does Neptune point to the realms of his two brothers?

Last edited:
Top Bottom