For people interested in the Holdstock angle... Here are some snippets (poorly photographed from my cell phone) from the book "Tour of the Universe" co-written by Edwards and Holdstock. Specifically focusing on the Alien Ruins on Pluto and the "Dead World Scroll" - I know we've talked about the Tour before ... but I didn't remember anyone sharing or talking about the stuff from Pluto so I thought Id put them here ...

uRFjE2o.jpg

x8SIqso.png

9aitYcX.jpg

I will just suggest you read the Dark Wheel Toast and then read the translation of the Dead World Scroll...

Make what you will of it :alien:

Ok ok that is just a book that has raxxla some what mention but no where in that entire book does it have anything to do.with elite and the devs only have that in there for simple things to just play along with certain folk tail from the backer days. Yes there is a system in elite called raxxla and yes it has a faction called the dark wheel. But that's it. That's as far as the devs got with it really. You cant land on Pluto and that's it. And its folk tail from a book that is not meant to be in the actual game.

No, at 67 life’s too short to waste on livestreams! 😚
Can you précis?
Drew Wagar takes CMDR Plater through a TDW 'initiation'. If interested you'd really need to watch.
You might pick up on clues and hints that I and others haven't, perhaps on a boring flight to Hutton?

[Edit: That link has already been cut down to the two hours with Drew out of the full 24 hour stream.]

[Edit, edit: OMG, space ninja's everywhere in this thread! :p]

Last edited:
For people interested in the Holdstock angle... Here are some snippets (poorly photographed from my cell phone) from the book "Tour of the Universe" co-written by Edwards and Holdstock. Specifically focusing on the Alien Ruins on Pluto and the "Dead World Scroll" - I know we've talked about the Tour before ... but I didn't remember anyone sharing or talking about the stuff from Pluto so I thought Id put them here ...

uRFjE2o.jpg

x8SIqso.png

9aitYcX.jpg

I will just suggest you read the Dark Wheel Toast and then read the translation of the Dead World Scroll...

Make what you will of it :alien:
Thanks for the repost but I went to Pluto fairly recently and didn't find anything like the description. :(

Drew Wagar takes CMDR Plater through a TDW 'initiation'. If interested you'd really need to watch.
You might pick up on clues and hints that I and others haven't, perhaps on a boring flight to Hutton?

[Edit: That link has already been cut down to the two hours with Drew out of the full 24 hour stream.

[Edit, edit: OMG, space ninja's everywhere in this thread! :p]

The ninja penguin hasn’t popped up here for a while, but then you never can tell where ninjas are! 😁
Yes, I did watch it while mooching about ACent again yesterday afternoon. Just an amusing trip through DW’s lore set against a Dark Wheel test for the charity livestream. I suspect it is probably nothing like whatever FD might have set up as an in-game DW test. But it does sort of confirm my belief that Salomé, Alessia, Rebecca et al were all part of DW’s Dark Wheel. The question might be how much does Drew know of FD’s in-game DW? Drew’s DW members are all clones, so should we be taking a close look at Teorge?

I really don’t want to do that 0.21ly trip again!! Life is too short!

Not to try to high jack the thread or say im trolling etc, but from the very start of the game, the quest for raxxla is a folk tail, a wild goose chase per say, if you really look from where it originated from. It is not real nor will ever be found because it just doesn't exist at all. The quest to find raxxla was a treasure hunt from the start to get you to just waste your time and create some type of reason to look. I am not trying to high jack your thread nor troll before any of the mods get ban happy. It is just my 2 cents as i have been playing the game for over 3 years. All this time wasted for this so called quest is just a waste of time and never existed from the get go.

We do have it from FD via Drew that Raxxla exists in-game. I suggest you read the OP

Last edited:
Yeah, I followed that NPC in Nisa for 0.5Mls a year ago - Hutton's a breeze..

Simulacrae managed to quote from one of the few Holdstock books I havent got yet..

I can see there are some connections - but what would you do with it?

Seriously off topic. Another thing I'd wished I'd done. Eridanus constellation.
Start in its first star, Achenar, the home of the Empire, crossing Cetus, and end at Rigel. If there was ever a constellation worth exploring, this one is big.
Eridanus is one of the rivers to Hades in myth. Hades appears to be important in the riddles. Orion is near and a part of Barnard's Loop. In Hitchhiker's Guide, the mystical and illusive planet Magrathea is in Horsehead nebula, also in Barnard's Loop. Epsilon Eridani, home of WorldCraft Theme Park is one of the stars in Eridanus. I've hypothesized for a while now that this constellation may lead to something special, but now will never know. Bummer.

0.21ly is nothing Jorki. Start before dinner and you are almost there when you get back. :)

I stop travel for dinner, put on the tv, put my feet up and enjoy a brandy! Have seen a lot of youtube vids on these trips though! However it doesn’t make up for the numb posterior!

So are you going to test out Guru’s idea of Nemesis 5 hour’s SC out from Sol?
I would contemplate it if we had an idea of which direction! 5 hours out is potentially 3.145927*25 hours trip to check out the ecliptic ! 🤯
And of course it’s actually a sphere not a circle!!! No guarantee Nemesis is on the ecliptic, so much more travel!!
Besides, you’d be travelling so fast I suspect you’d miss any uss notification! 😁

Last edited:
Seriously off topic. Another thing I'd wished I'd done. Eridanus constellation.
Start in its first star, Achenar, the home of the Empire, crossing Cetus, and end at Rigel. If there was ever a constellation worth exploring, this one is big.
Eridanus is one of the rivers to Hades in myth. Hades appears to be important in the riddles. Orion is near and a part of Barnard's Loop. In Hitchhiker's Guide, the mystical and illusive planet Magrathea is in Horsehead nebula, also in Barnard's Loop. Epsilon Eridani, home of WorldCraft Theme Park is one of the stars in Eridanus. I've hypothesized for a while now that this constellation may lead to something special, but now will never know. Bummer.

There’s still plenty of time for you to check it out! I think the Thargoids have postponed their invasion until late next year when they’ve got their legs and can trounce humanity on the surface.

Last edited:
I stop travel for dinner, put on the tv, put my feet up and enjoy a brandy! Have seen a lot of youtube vids on these trips though! However it doesn’t make up for the numb posterior!

I would contemplate it if we had an idea of which direction! 5 hours out is potentially 3.145927*25 hours trip to check out the ecliptic ! 🤯
And of course it’s actually a sphere not a circle!!! No guarantee Nemesis is on the ecliptic, so much more travel!!

5hr was just a major guesstimate, and yeah, not knowing which direction.... All I could think is that maybe someone out there knows some maths to help with it, the other thought is to go 5ish hrs out and just start orbiting our sun keeping the distance and endlessly looping around at the distance til the pilot withers away and dies of boredom or exhaustion.

I've gone much longer than 5 hours in the past, but I need something to aim for. Going in a straight line is easy. Doing an orbit is hard work, keeping the distance constant.

I'll stick to Alpha Centauri for now.

5hr was just a major guesstimate, and yeah, not knowing which direction.... All I could think is that maybe someone out there knows some maths to help with it, the other thought is to go 5ish hrs out and just start orbiting our sun keeping the distance and endlessly looping around at the distance til the pilot withers away and dies of boredom or exhaustion.

I think I’ve already died of boredom and frustration on my Alpha Centauri theory! I am a brandy-fuelled space zombie who craves brains Raxxla!

But it seems that Nemesis may have been found (http://www.viewzone.com/browndwarf.html). But this source has it as a brown dwarf, not an M subdwarf which is what the codex pic suggests. That reference has it currently just beyond Pluto at 61 AU from Sol out towards Sag A*, but on an elliptical orbit with furthest point hundreds of AU. If this is Nemesis and it’s currently that close to Sol then I suspect it’s already disturbed the Oort Cloud and we should shortly expect another Heavy Bombardment of the inner solar system. It may end all life on Earth before climate change has a chance!
Good luck in your search! 😁

P.S. wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(hypothetical_star)) has Nemesis as a possible red dwarf or brown dwarf 1.5ly from Sol, and it may be towards Hydra.
P.P.S. The sources for this latter possibility seems to have been dated around 1987 & 2002. Given DB’s interest in astronomy it is likely he was aware of the theory when designing ED. It sounds interesting enough to be worth investigation; 1.5ly would be likely close enough for a space station to be built there in the early days of ED exploration, and far enough to justify a station, but how would they have jumped there without a destination (generation ship??). An SC trip of 1.5ly would certainly be a worthy test for TDW, and could fit DB/MB mindset given the setup for Alpha Cent. However I can’t at the moment see how this possibility fits the codex clues, especially the toast. Could Nemesis be interpreted as death? (“A journey we all must make”), I don’t think it really fits the dictionary/mythology definition.

Last edited:
I think I’ve already died of boredom and frustration on my Alpha Centauri theory! I am a brandy-fuelled space zombie who craves brains Raxxla!

But it seems that Nemesis may have been found (http://www.viewzone.com/browndwarf.html). But this source has it as a brown dwarf, not an M subdwarf which is what the codex pic suggests. That reference has it currently just beyond Pluto at 61 AU from Sol out towards Sag A*, but on an elliptical orbit with furthest point hundreds of AU. If this is Nemesis and it’s currently that close to Sol then I suspect it’s already disturbed the Oort Cloud and we should shortly expect another Heavy Bombardment of the inner solar system. It may end all life on Earth before climate change has a chance!
Good luck in your search! 😁
I wouldn't worry to much about the star in the TDW codex pic. If there is something mysterious in AC, it's Raxxla.

The Raxxla myth is far older than TDW. Probably about 500 years. It makes sense that Raxxla is close to Sol. TDW would have the opportunity to place their station in a much more anonymous system.

I wouldn't worry to much about the star in the TDW codex pic. If there is something mysterious in AC, it's Raxxla.

The Raxxla myth is far older than TDW. Probably about 500 years. It makes sense that Raxxla is close to Sol. TDW would have the opportunity to place their station in a much more anonymous system.

Well, you can’t get much more anonymous than if it’s 1.5ly out in SC! Since it takes an hour to get to Eden (0.21ly) then it would take around 7 hours of SC to get that far out. That would certainly explain why DB said FD know why it hasn’t been found! And I might postulate that in 3303 it is not called “Nemesis” but “Raxxla” and has a planet with an orbiting stealthy station! 🧐

Well, you can’t get much more anonymous than if it’s 1.5ly out in SC! Since it takes an hour to get to Eden (0.21ly) then it would take around 7 hours of SC to get that far out. That would certainly explain why DB said FD know why it hasn’t been found! And I might postulate that in 3303 it is not called “Nemesis” but “Raxxla” and has a planet with an orbiting stealthy station! 🧐

Oh, oh oh! BlueWolve’s Sol theory!
To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! SOL
To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void! VENUS
The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. PLUTO
To Raxxla! NEMESIS/RAXXLA with orbiting stealth station?

It would certainly fit!

That could be, but it wouldn't be the TDW station. TDW has not found Raxxla. That has been confirmed by John Harper, with reference to the writers guides.

Oh, oh oh! BlueWolve’s Sol theory!
To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! SOL
To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void! VENUS
The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. PLUTO
To Raxxla! NEMESIS/RAXXLA with orbiting stealth station?

It would certainly fit!
Wait, are we talking planet X / Wormwood theory here? o_O [Edit: ADS range is supposed to be infinite.]

Top Bottom