the unmodified cobra thing is under the assumption that it was placed in a system that corresponds to the lore of the actual original discoverer. since that was the type of ship he flew.

However, since we dont know the means of what makes it so hard to find compared to everything else. .. and that misjumps are a thing but not in the game. It could be that the orginal discovery was made via a misjump and thus, once he made it out back to civilized space, he was unable to figure out just which system he was in...maybe due to a navigation computer error. As opposed to just willingly keeping it secret and never telling anyone. So it could be further than an unmodified cobra ... The cobra thing is fan theory.

It's mostly based on the fact that it had to be able to be accessed by old hyperdrives that the game launched with, which were minimal jump range.

it does appear that there is no reference to jason ryder as having flown a cobra when supposedly discovering raxxla, or that he even did discover raxxla rather than just be the only named canonical member of the dark wheel (at least used to be canon)... Though this book that features all this talk has a cobra on the cover, so readers may have assumed that the go-to ship when venturing out into the unknown would be a cobra ...and that's what would have been flown when discovering raxxla. But yea, looks like mixing stories.

the last thing mentioned above about raxxla not being part of the current biggest discovery may have to do with refuting the other ex-canon book that mentioned that raxxla was instead Soontil and it's just been exaggerated and changed via word of mouth retellings. It's a shame this is not what is actually being acknowledged by fdev as it would make the most sense and be the most believable option.

Jameson Ryder, isn't it?

As I understand, the Cobra reference isn't really saying anything other than the fact that you're not going to have to make some 120ly jump to reach it.
So no decked out Anaconda needed. Also the Cobra is THE original ship in the Elite series. I think it's all Jameson would have flew.

Weird. What was this image taken from? And why are there stars in the backdrop? Surely outside of the galaxy there are a few rogue stars, here and there, but not enough to pepper (or salt lol) the backdrop?
Those stars will be from inside our own galaxy. They just got caught in the image.

Jameson Ryder, isn't it?

As I understand, the Cobra reference isn't really saying anything other than the fact that you're not going to have to make some 120ly jump to reach it.
So no decked out Anaconda needed. Also the Cobra is THE original ship in the Elite series. I think it's all Jameson would have flew.

No, It's jason.

jameson is known for delivering the deadly virus to the thargoids that ended the war. Unbeknownst to him.

(edit: john jameson being his name) totally different from jason ryder and the ryder family.

FSSd a system today, found 1 asteroid belt with 0 locations and it auto found another 14 asteroid belts, as usual I didn't check any of them out at all, Ive had systems with binary stars and 2 belts and thats it and ignored them....asteroid belts would be a dman good place to hide it...if it hasnt exploded and turned into one already.

It's mostly based on the fact that it had to be able to be accessed by old hyperdrives that the game launched with, which were minimal jump range.

Strictly speaking, while DB has stated Raxxla has been in-game from the outset (gamma) I don’t recall any statements from FD that tell us it actually is accessible. We are just working on the assumption/hope that it is. This has been raised several times in this thread- we need someone to grab DB during his next livestream and get his answer to this specific question! If a second question was raised as to whether it is locked behind a permit, that answer would also be really useful!

My theory...buckle up gents I’m deep in the tinfoil.

1) The Silver Comet: It’s said that all who see this “comet” die. A bounty hunter reported seeing it in Quiness then was last seen in Alioth, never to be seen again. I believe this is a spotting of Raxxla and a reference to it moving.

2) The Toast: The Jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies; Sirius. It’s been called the burning star and blocks out a cluster of stars known as Gaia 1. We also have the first high liner hyperspace disaster here with the Antares.
2A) The Whisperer in Witchspace: The moon Tethys in Sol. Tethys is also the Wife of Oceanos the “deepest void”. Tethys is also the name of the generation ship that was killed by strange murderous whispers. So the system is Sol imo.
2B) The Parents Grief: This one is tough. Lugh reported 25,000 children going missing over a year. Alioth is in Ursa Major which in mythology was nearly killed by her son. Eotienses due to Patreus and Winking Cat visit. This one has me struggling not going to lie.

2C) Lovers Woe: Vega, Vega and Altair are separated only to have a celestial bridge reunite them periodically. Also Gan Romero left his wife behind here after his strange disappearance.

2D) The yearning of our vagabond hearts: Azaleach; It was the site of Halsey’s disaster. The scent of Azaleas are said to cause homesickness. Meaning the yearning of a vagabond. Halsey just so happens to have a sister named Azalea as well. Perhaps she saw the systems name and was reminded of her sister and requested the last minute destination change that brought about the disaster.

These could all be wrong but that’s just my thinking.

The Winking Cat: This “entity” seems to be hinting at the time window to reach Raxxla imo. I’m of the belief that Raxxla is a powerful AI perhaps the remaining Guardian AI that wants to be discovered. Here's why: The first item taken by Winking Cat was located in a titanium vault with force fields and a bunch of other defenses. The item was named Youscape (YOU S CAPE) a bunch of cameras attached to an AI node that changes based upon the viewer. To me this is alluding to what Raxxla is, an AI surrounded by force fields that is able to cause people to be drawn to it, like Halsey, and Romero.

The reason Starship One and The Antares got destroyed was because they jumped into Raxxla’s vicinity during the window that the force fields were up. These force fields are depicted by the 3 inner arcs around the central circle of the Raxxla logo. In my opinion of course.

The Time Frame: Here’s what I’ve gotten so far. Based on the dates and locations of Winking Cat thefts I believe the window can be nailed down. During one theft on mars on the 14th of Feb he stole 3 pieces of art work. Rembrandt Self Portrait with 2 Circles (17th Century). Guernica by Picasso (20th Century) and Terra Absentia (Look into the meaning of Terra Absentia) by Zoe Okeke (23rd Century). So 17th 20th and 23rd. I believe The time window is described here but I can’t narrow it down conclusively and I don’t have Sirius, Vega, or Alioth permits. Alioth is involved for certain imo due to the Silver Comet, Halsey going to 78 Ursae Majoris and Winking cat.

Anyways I looked into Rembrandt’s Two Cirlces and the circles are believed by some to reference the Rota Aristotelis, Aristotles wheel paradox. Galileo tried to solve it by using hexagons (like the Raxxla logo seems to love) and his solution was that one side of the hexagon would not be in contact every rotation. To me this means hints at a periodic entry point.

Guernica was a painting done by Picasso due to the bombing of Guernica which he only decided to paint because of an article he read in the newspaper. Perhaps hinting at using Galnet to solve the mystery. The painting also has a lightbulb eye thing in it that some say references technology being the path to peace or enlightenment.

To summarize: I believe we can jump into Raxxla if you’re in the correct system. Sirius, Sol, Alioth and Azaleach seem to be confirmed to me. (confirmation bias anyone?) Others that I’m not sure about Eotienses, Lugh, and Vega. The window and some locations seems to be provided by Winking Cat but I’m probably too dense to narrow it down and lack numerous permits. I also don’t know if you need to jump from one of the systems to another identified or if it’s something that can be super cruised to.

Thoughts on this madness?

My theory...buckle up gents I’m deep in the tinfoil.

1) The Silver Comet: It’s said that all who see this “comet” die. A bounty hunter reported seeing it in Quiness then was last seen in Alioth, never to be seen again. I believe this is a spotting of Raxxla and a reference to it moving.

2) The Toast: The Jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies; Sirius. It’s been called the burning star and blocks out a cluster of stars known as Gaia 1. We also have the first high liner hyperspace disaster here with the Antares.
2A) The Whisperer in Witchspace: The moon Tethys in Sol. Tethys is also the Wife of Oceanos the “deepest void”. Tethys is also the name of the generation ship that was killed by strange murderous whispers. So the system is Sol imo.
2B) The Parents Grief: This one is tough. Lugh reported 25,000 children going missing over a year. Alioth is in Ursa Major which in mythology was nearly killed by her son. Eotienses due to Patreus and Winking Cat visit. This one has me struggling not going to lie.

2C) Lovers Woe: Vega, Vega and Altair are separated only to have a celestial bridge reunite them periodically. Also Gan Romero left his wife behind here after his strange disappearance.

2D) The yearning of our vagabond hearts: Azaleach; It was the site of Halsey’s disaster. The scent of Azaleas are said to cause homesickness. Meaning the yearning of a vagabond. Halsey just so happens to have a sister named Azalea as well. Perhaps she saw the systems name and was reminded of her sister and requested the last minute destination change that brought about the disaster.

These could all be wrong but that’s just my thinking.

The Winking Cat: This “entity” seems to be hinting at the time window to reach Raxxla imo. I’m of the belief that Raxxla is a powerful AI perhaps the remaining Guardian AI that wants to be discovered. Here's why: The first item taken by Winking Cat was located in a titanium vault with force fields and a bunch of other defenses. The item was named Youscape (YOU S CAPE) a bunch of cameras attached to an AI node that changes based upon the viewer. To me this is alluding to what Raxxla is, an AI surrounded by force fields that is able to cause people to be drawn to it, like Halsey, and Romero.

The reason Starship One and The Antares got destroyed was because they jumped into Raxxla’s vicinity during the window that the force fields were up. These force fields are depicted by the 3 inner arcs around the central circle of the Raxxla logo. In my opinion of course.

The Time Frame: Here’s what I’ve gotten so far. Based on the dates and locations of Winking Cat thefts I believe the window can be nailed down. During one theft on mars on the 14th of Feb he stole 3 pieces of art work. Rembrandt Self Portrait with 2 Circles (17th Century). Guernica by Picasso (20th Century) and Terra Absentia (Look into the meaning of Terra Absentia) by Zoe Okeke (23rd Century). So 17th 20th and 23rd. I believe The time window is described here but I can’t narrow it down conclusively and I don’t have Sirius, Vega, or Alioth permits. Alioth is involved for certain imo due to the Silver Comet, Halsey going to 78 Ursae Majoris and Winking cat.

Anyways I looked into Rembrandt’s Two Cirlces and the circles are believed by some to reference the Rota Aristotelis, Aristotles wheel paradox. Galileo tried to solve it by using hexagons (like the Raxxla logo seems to love) and his solution was that one side of the hexagon would not be in contact every rotation. To me this means hints at a periodic entry point.

Guernica was a painting done by Picasso due to the bombing of Guernica which he only decided to paint because of an article he read in the newspaper. Perhaps hinting at using Galnet to solve the mystery. The painting also has a lightbulb eye thing in it that some say references technology being the path to peace or enlightenment.

To summarize: I believe we can jump into Raxxla if you’re in the correct system. Sirius, Sol, Alioth and Azaleach seem to be confirmed to me. (confirmation bias anyone?) Others that I’m not sure about Eotienses, Lugh, and Vega. The window and some locations seems to be provided by Winking Cat but I’m probably too dense to narrow it down and lack numerous permits. I also don’t know if you need to jump from one of the systems to another identified or if it’s something that can be super cruised to.

Thoughts on this madness?

Singular parent, singular lover! Check the positioning of the apostrophes.
You don’t have to link everything in-game to Raxxla! 😉

So Rhea then instead of Vega? Her grief from Cronus devouring her children? Along with Cronus’ woe once Rhea got her children to overthrow him. The “Skyglow Havens” in the Rhea archipelago have also been mentioned for the disappearances of both Consuela Knight and Olav Redcourt. I’m not trying to link everything. Just scrutinizing articles or places involved with disappearances.
Side note: The Red Court Farm is a book that begins with mentioning a mysterious haunted island that can only be reached periodically due to tides.

Put me in the looney bin.

Top Bottom