My theory...buckle up gents I’m deep in the tinfoil.

1) The Silver Comet: It’s said that all who see this “comet” die. A bounty hunter reported seeing it in Quiness then was last seen in Alioth, never to be seen again. I believe this is a spotting of Raxxla and a reference to it moving.

2) The Toast: The Jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies; Sirius. It’s been called the burning star and blocks out a cluster of stars known as Gaia 1. We also have the first high liner hyperspace disaster here with the Antares.
2A) The Whisperer in Witchspace: The moon Tethys in Sol. Tethys is also the Wife of Oceanos the “deepest void”. Tethys is also the name of the generation ship that was killed by strange murderous whispers. So the system is Sol imo.
2B) The Parents Grief: This one is tough. Lugh reported 25,000 children going missing over a year. Alioth is in Ursa Major which in mythology was nearly killed by her son. Eotienses due to Patreus and Winking Cat visit. This one has me struggling not going to lie.

2C) Lovers Woe: Vega, Vega and Altair are separated only to have a celestial bridge reunite them periodically. Also Gan Romero left his wife behind here after his strange disappearance.

2D) The yearning of our vagabond hearts: Azaleach; It was the site of Halsey’s disaster. The scent of Azaleas are said to cause homesickness. Meaning the yearning of a vagabond. Halsey just so happens to have a sister named Azalea as well. Perhaps she saw the systems name and was reminded of her sister and requested the last minute destination change that brought about the disaster.

These could all be wrong but that’s just my thinking.

The Winking Cat: This “entity” seems to be hinting at the time window to reach Raxxla imo. I’m of the belief that Raxxla is a powerful AI perhaps the remaining Guardian AI that wants to be discovered. Here's why: The first item taken by Winking Cat was located in a titanium vault with force fields and a bunch of other defenses. The item was named Youscape (YOU S CAPE) a bunch of cameras attached to an AI node that changes based upon the viewer. To me this is alluding to what Raxxla is, an AI surrounded by force fields that is able to cause people to be drawn to it, like Halsey, and Romero.

The reason Starship One and The Antares got destroyed was because they jumped into Raxxla’s vicinity during the window that the force fields were up. These force fields are depicted by the 3 inner arcs around the central circle of the Raxxla logo. In my opinion of course.

The Time Frame: Here’s what I’ve gotten so far. Based on the dates and locations of Winking Cat thefts I believe the window can be nailed down. During one theft on mars on the 14th of Feb he stole 3 pieces of art work. Rembrandt Self Portrait with 2 Circles (17th Century). Guernica by Picasso (20th Century) and Terra Absentia (Look into the meaning of Terra Absentia) by Zoe Okeke (23rd Century). So 17th 20th and 23rd. I believe The time window is described here but I can’t narrow it down conclusively and I don’t have Sirius, Vega, or Alioth permits. Alioth is involved for certain imo due to the Silver Comet, Halsey going to 78 Ursae Majoris and Winking cat.

Anyways I looked into Rembrandt’s Two Cirlces and the circles are believed by some to reference the Rota Aristotelis, Aristotles wheel paradox. Galileo tried to solve it by using hexagons (like the Raxxla logo seems to love) and his solution was that one side of the hexagon would not be in contact every rotation. To me this means hints at a periodic entry point.

Guernica was a painting done by Picasso due to the bombing of Guernica which he only decided to paint because of an article he read in the newspaper. Perhaps hinting at using Galnet to solve the mystery. The painting also has a lightbulb eye thing in it that some say references technology being the path to peace or enlightenment.

To summarize: I believe we can jump into Raxxla if you’re in the correct system. Sirius, Sol, Alioth and Azaleach seem to be confirmed to me. (confirmation bias anyone?) Others that I’m not sure about Eotienses, Lugh, and Vega. The window and some locations seems to be provided by Winking Cat but I’m probably too dense to narrow it down and lack numerous permits. I also don’t know if you need to jump from one of the systems to another identified or if it’s something that can be super cruised to.

Thoughts on this madness?
I do like your thinking, and how you have linked in all these seemingly unrelated events. Though it still doesn’t give us a clear point to search. There are too many systems to pick from, and if Raxxla hops from one to the other on a schedule, I’m not sure what the schedule is or where abouts it could be during which time frame. It is definitely interesting though, and I want to think about it more.

I must admit I have never heard of this winking cat. I am going to have a look into it and see if anything I can find helps narrow down the search in anyway.

Last edited:
What's the name of the installation? Also what's its function? Pictures? Pretty dang intriguing.
The name is, and no kidding; The Dark Wheel. There are pictures around but I don’t have the link just now. I think someone mentioned it in the other thread where they are trying to find the location of the Dark Wheel station as shown in the codex.

Edit: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-wheel-which-system-is-it.477422/post-8138734

It was also brought up in this thread we are in now, but no one has fully investigated it yet as far as I know. There is a scripted battle event, turrets, data points, and cargo hatches.

Last edited:
there was some kind of scripted riot in that instalation in the DW belt in LFT 926, but no one seamed to attack anyone, and you dont get the choice to decide wich to join. just a bunch of ships roaming around the instalation. it had a few things to scan, but i didnt try to hack the data points with a recon limpet. maybe that could give something more... heading there now to try.

there was some kind of scripted riot in that instalation in the DW belt in LFT 926, but no one seamed to attack anyone, and you dont get the choice to decide wich to join. just a bunch of ships roaming around the instalation. it had a few things to scan, but i didnt try to hack the data points with a recon limpet. maybe that could give something more... heading there now to try.
Ah ok, my bad. I must have misremembered the post. Thought it was a battle but I found your post now;

o7

it's quite difficult to hack anything around this instalation without getting blown up. if anyone tries to do this, good luck hacking all the hackables, there is so many security ships flying around. also bring hatch breakers, theres quite a few in there. this might aswell be the dark wheel's test of aptittude lol
Damn, at least you tried commander. They really don’t want to give up that data easy do they?

If we want to take this further, there are three approaches I can think of;

1. A big ship, heavily engineered to take a huge amount of sustained damage long enough to hack the data points.

2. A concentrated attack by a skilled wing to take on the security services and get the data, guns blazing.

3. Stealth mission, silent running and heat sinks to possibly stay undetected long enough to get the data.

Thoughts?

Ah, I meant anything other than Reclamation, I’m an old FRifter myself 😉

Reorte:
Populated by Black Fat Felines and "This planet is mildly fabled for its inhabitants' eccentric love for tourists but plagued by deadly earthquakes"

The Dark wheel says that the commodity "bladerlash" comes from Reorte ?

There was a few mentions in Lave Revolution...
"Reorte, corporate and competitive"
"Reorte is run by a collection of local corporations"
"Reorte to Riequat is another used trade lane..." (Formidine fun...)

There was also the now deleted Galnet post of 17APRIL3301 ... nevermind I have a short attention span....only mentions Riedquat and Quator

Thats all i got

Damn, at least you tried commander. They really don’t want to give up that data easy do they?
[...]
so after a few tries, i managed to hack and investigate most of the stuff in the instalation, but nothing interresting showed up. some normal goods came out from the cargo bays (water, liquor, etc) and that's it pretty much. i might have missed stuff though, this is the first time that i have ever done any hacking activity. hoping that other fellow commanders give it a try and see what they get.

the reason why i found that specific cluster to be interresting when i first found it is because, in every other system that i jump, the belt clusters are all owned by the controlling faction, exept in LFT 926. the system has 6 clusters. 5 of them are controlled by "green party of LFT 926", and the sixth one is controlled by the dark wheel. that's what lead me to investigate it in the first place, but that might not be such a big deal after all, if this pattern happens elsewhere too. because we know TDW minor faction has expanded to LFT from shinrarta, so they just happen to control that 1 belt cluster... because the BGS gods said so... or maybe it goes deeper than that?

Last edited:
so after a few tries, i managed to hack and investigate most of the stuff in the instalation, but nothing interresting showed up. some normal goods came out from the cargo bays (water, liquor, etc) and that's it pretty much. i might have missed stuff though, this is the first time that i have ever done any hacking activity. hoping that other fellow commanders give it a try and see what they get.

the reason why i found that specific cluster to be interresting when i first found it is because, in every other system that i jump, the belt clusters are all owned by the controlling faction, exept in LFT 926. the system has 6 clusters. 5 of them are controlled by "green party of LFT 926", and the sixth one is controlled by the dark wheel. that's what lead me to investigate it in the first place, but that might not be such a big deal after all, if this pattern happens elsewhere too. because we know TDW minor faction has expanded to LFT from shinrarta, so they just happen to control that 1 belt cluster... because the BGS gods said so... or maybe it goes deeper than that?
No way bro, this is a big find even if its nothing more than what you've already experienced there. I worked for tdw in lft 926 for almost a year(6 mos hardcore, 6 mos part time) and i never even glanced at the asteroid belts. Didnt even cross my mind, and im the one who started saying we should look in asteroid belts. Im super geeked for you for this find. It should get a codex entry for hidden stations or something.

o7

Last edited:
No way bro, this is a big find even if its nothing more than what you've already experienced there. I worked for tdw in lft 926 for almost a year(6 mos hardcore, 6 mos part time) and i never even glanced at the asteroid belts. Didnt even cross my mind, and im the one who started saying we should look in asteroid belts. Im super geeked for you by for this find. It should get a codex entry for hidden stations or something.

o7
lol, good to see you getting excited again CMDR. o7

My theory...buckle up gents I’m deep in the tinfoil.

1) The Silver Comet: It’s said that all who see this “comet” die. A bounty hunter reported seeing it in Quiness then was last seen in Alioth, never to be seen again. I believe this is a spotting of Raxxla and a reference to it moving.

2) The Toast: The Jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies; Sirius. It’s been called the burning star and blocks out a cluster of stars known as Gaia 1. We also have the first high liner hyperspace disaster here with the Antares.
2A) The Whisperer in Witchspace: The moon Tethys in Sol. Tethys is also the Wife of Oceanos the “deepest void”. Tethys is also the name of the generation ship that was killed by strange murderous whispers. So the system is Sol imo.
2B) The Parents Grief: This one is tough. Lugh reported 25,000 children going missing over a year. Alioth is in Ursa Major which in mythology was nearly killed by her son. Eotienses due to Patreus and Winking Cat visit. This one has me struggling not going to lie.

2C) Lovers Woe: Vega, Vega and Altair are separated only to have a celestial bridge reunite them periodically. Also Gan Romero left his wife behind here after his strange disappearance.

2D) The yearning of our vagabond hearts: Azaleach; It was the site of Halsey’s disaster. The scent of Azaleas are said to cause homesickness. Meaning the yearning of a vagabond. Halsey just so happens to have a sister named Azalea as well. Perhaps she saw the systems name and was reminded of her sister and requested the last minute destination change that brought about the disaster.

These could all be wrong but that’s just my thinking.

The Winking Cat: This “entity” seems to be hinting at the time window to reach Raxxla imo. I’m of the belief that Raxxla is a powerful AI perhaps the remaining Guardian AI that wants to be discovered. Here's why: The first item taken by Winking Cat was located in a titanium vault with force fields and a bunch of other defenses. The item was named Youscape (YOU S CAPE) a bunch of cameras attached to an AI node that changes based upon the viewer. To me this is alluding to what Raxxla is, an AI surrounded by force fields that is able to cause people to be drawn to it, like Halsey, and Romero.

The reason Starship One and The Antares got destroyed was because they jumped into Raxxla’s vicinity during the window that the force fields were up. These force fields are depicted by the 3 inner arcs around the central circle of the Raxxla logo. In my opinion of course.

The Time Frame: Here’s what I’ve gotten so far. Based on the dates and locations of Winking Cat thefts I believe the window can be nailed down. During one theft on mars on the 14th of Feb he stole 3 pieces of art work. Rembrandt Self Portrait with 2 Circles (17th Century). Guernica by Picasso (20th Century) and Terra Absentia (Look into the meaning of Terra Absentia) by Zoe Okeke (23rd Century). So 17th 20th and 23rd. I believe The time window is described here but I can’t narrow it down conclusively and I don’t have Sirius, Vega, or Alioth permits. Alioth is involved for certain imo due to the Silver Comet, Halsey going to 78 Ursae Majoris and Winking cat.

Anyways I looked into Rembrandt’s Two Cirlces and the circles are believed by some to reference the Rota Aristotelis, Aristotles wheel paradox. Galileo tried to solve it by using hexagons (like the Raxxla logo seems to love) and his solution was that one side of the hexagon would not be in contact every rotation. To me this means hints at a periodic entry point.

Guernica was a painting done by Picasso due to the bombing of Guernica which he only decided to paint because of an article he read in the newspaper. Perhaps hinting at using Galnet to solve the mystery. The painting also has a lightbulb eye thing in it that some say references technology being the path to peace or enlightenment.

To summarize: I believe we can jump into Raxxla if you’re in the correct system. Sirius, Sol, Alioth and Azaleach seem to be confirmed to me. (confirmation bias anyone?) Others that I’m not sure about Eotienses, Lugh, and Vega. The window and some locations seems to be provided by Winking Cat but I’m probably too dense to narrow it down and lack numerous permits. I also don’t know if you need to jump from one of the systems to another identified or if it’s something that can be super cruised to.

Thoughts on this madness?
This is a fine hypothesis. I think you can skip the Silver Comet. That one was a character in one of the pre release ED books. The article is almost certainly submitted by the author.
I agree that the Winking Cat has good hint potential. (y)

Last edited:
Im pretty sure they made a winking cat galnews report AFTER they said they were only going to post relevant news instead of galfluff. That might confirm it is relevant to something at least.

I was reading through old raxxla forum posts on reddit and steam and someone said something that i thought really meant something for the quest to find raxxla. He said, and im paraphrasing, 'im not worried about finding it first. Prove me right or prove me wrong, either way we've narrowed it down.'

Forgot to mention with regards to the Winking Cat. It could be a hint towards ED's own in-game winking cat, the Cat's Eye Nebula.

The Cat's Eye Nebula is an old favorite of Raxxla hunters. It sits to high above the galactic plane to reach. Almost directly above the Elephant's trunk nebula.
It's is also an excellent Omphalos point. It marks almost the exact position of earth's ecliptic (or orbital) north pole.
It sits nicely above the milky way band and Cat's Eye is even a type of jewel (Cat's-Eye Chrysoberyl).

In ED there does not seem to be a central star but there should be a WR star in there, according to RL data.

The Silver Comet as an omen, not the character, is mentioned officially in Galnet so its canon. Not to be passed off easily.
It's very much canon. Shortly after release there were plenty of Galnet articles submitted from the various authors, with hint's to their books. Drew was by far the most active. All these stories are canon. I just don't think they are relevant, as non of the authors knew anything about Raxxla.
FD has not been eager to use external characters and narratives for their own stories. I guess there could be some issues if they use a figure created externally, without consulting the creator?

I still want to do some more digging into the pieces that The Winking cat thief stole, as I agree there may be some clues there as well as the systems he stole them from. I am a little wary though. The winking cat thief has some striking similarities to the Cheshire cat from Alice and Wonderland, and I certainly wouldn’t trust his directions.

I still want to do some more digging into the pieces that The Winking cat thief stole, as I agree there may be some clues there as well as the systems he stole them from. I am a little wary though. The winking cat thief has some striking similarities to the Cheshire cat from Alice and Wonderland, and I certainly wouldn’t trust his directions.
If you're going off down that rabbit hole anyway it might be prudent to record the dates in case of a pattern.

Top Bottom