The Codex says that TDW will issue a test to people it intends to invite to the organization via a person who will not reveal who they are initially until they PSA said test. Perhaps we have all already been issued that message of a test. The game manual says that our FreeWinder was given to us by a mysterious benefactor from an equally mysterious organization. And that what we do with it constitutes out test and determined is we will find out more about them.

Attachments

• 2146F1EE-9BD8-4872-A957-B23AAFF4DF1A.jpeg
    2146F1EE-9BD8-4872-A957-B23AAFF4DF1A.jpeg
    447.9 KB · Views: 240
I see that the Cat's eye mineral Chrysoberyl now has an in-game representation, in the for of Alexandrite. This is the variety of Chrysoberyl that comes in the deep green emerald colour. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysoberyl

The crystal also has an interesting twining shape.
cristal-chrysoberyl.gif
"One is the Serpent which has its poison according to two compositions, and One is All and through it is All, and by it is All, and if you have not All, All is Nothing"
616px-Basilica_Philosophica_1618.jpg

May be of no consequence whatsoever but I was searching several social media sites for fellow people interested in Raxxla etc and I came across an account this is named simply The Dark Wheel, Location of posting Sol joined very recently. Anywho they have no posts on their feed but their profile description is simply a code in octal. Decoded it reads “Well in the ring there is the Ruby sett,” which is from astrophel and stellas first edition print which one the title page reads “Well in the ring there is the Ruby sett, where comely shape, & virtue both are mett.”

if it means anything, granted it’s not just some random person deciding to post it and they actually know something, there is a jewel mentioned here, a Ruby. Could be reference to the toast or perhaps to the really red star in the Codex entry. Either way virtue could be Virgo, and comely shape, Coma Berenices. They’re quite close together (from our vantage). Vindemoatrix of Virgo (probably called by a catalogue name in game) and Diadem of Coma Berenices being the closest two points between them. I do know that irl anyway there is a large red giant star in that area of the sky.

One last thing on that before I get on in a couple hours to check it out. Virgo is connected to Persephone, who’s mother mourns her missing daughter, and when Berenice sacrificed her hair to protect her husband, it was stolen and she “wept bitterly” over the loss. That could be “the parents grief and the lovers woe”

Went to check out LFT 926. There is an installation in belt 1 but it’s not called the dark wheel nor is it under their control. It’s just called “civilian installation”. Seems a bit of creative editing on our friends part perhaps.

Went to check out LFT 926. There is an installation in belt 1 but it’s not called the dark wheel nor is it under their control. It’s just called “civilian installation”. Seems a bit of creative editing on our friends part perhaps.

Ok so the installation itself is not called The Dark Wheel, that is my fault for misreading the original post.

The controlling faction of the Asteroid belt cluster is The Dark Wheel. I can also confirm this personally. It is unusual because the other belt clusters in the system are owned by the systems controlling faction.

On inspecting it myself, the Civilian Installation does seem to have a name;
Jailhouse Rock & Blues Bar. This is under TDW control. The installation only shows as Civilian Installation in the contacts list, but if you use your Navigation panel you can see the actual name.

The main thing that should be taken away is there appears to be a kind of hidden installation. This may set a precedent for other hidden assets in asteroid belts. Although it could just be a bug due to the proximity of the belt cluster to the installation.

Regardless if it is a bug or a feature, who knows what else could be hiding in these commonly overlooked areas of space?

Last edited:

Ok so the installation itself is not called The Dark Wheel, that is my fault for misreading the original post.

The controlling faction of the Asteroid belt cluster is The Dark Wheel. I can also confirm this personally. It is unusual because the other belt clusters in the system are owned by the systems controlling faction.

Jailhouse Rock & Blues Bar. This is under TDW control. The installation only shows as Civilian Installation in the contacts list, but if you use you Navigation panel you can see it.

The main thing that should be taken away is there is a hidden installation. This sets a precedent for other hidden assets in asteroid belts. Although it could just be a bug due to the proximity of the belt cluster to the installation.

Regardless if it is a bug or a feature, who knows what else could be hiding in these commonly overlooked areas of space?

Both of you are mixed up.

There is an installation in LFT 926 B A Belt Cluster 1 aside from the Jailhouse Rock & Blues Bar which is unnamed and under the description says The Dark Wheel. I've been there before. The screenshot is in this thread from FullM3talX .

There is an installation in LFT 926 B A Belt Cluster 1 aside from the Jailhouse Rock & Blues Bar which is unnamed and under the description says The Dark Wheel. I've been there before. The screenshot is in this thread from FullM3talX .
I was literally just there. Dropping into the Asteroid Belt cluster puts you about 20 clicks from the Civilian installation as labelled in the contact tab. If you look in your Navigation Tab and lock to Jailhouse Rock & Blues Bar, it takes you to the exact same installation. I will go and have another look to take screenshots if that helps explain.

In regards to CD-43 11917 (CQC Permit) the system is pretty bare. No landable planets, one ELW named Ares which is where Attilus orbital is located.

Attilus Orbital is an Orbis station (My favourite) and has the luxurious interior with palm trees and gardens. My dirty old Asp looks way outta place there haha

Controlling faction is CQC Holdings. No interesting news articles or missions available.

There is a Megaship currently in system, DJA-009 Freedom Class Surveyor. There is also an installation named White Cattle Harvests.

Last edited:

personally i didnt see any other instalation in there other than the jailhouse rock. the installation from that screenshot WAS the jailhouse. but it's placed weirdly far from the small cluster of rocks in there. and apparently the installation is owned by the DW too, even though it doesnt show it in the name. when i was hacking around it, the turrets activated, and by targetting them i saw that they were owned by TDW faction.

i think it's confusing because the jailhouse rock installation is both a separate POI aswell as being inside the Cluster. you can either go to it separetely, or go to the cluster, and you'll find it there too. it was around 30km distance from the main asteroids when you drop there. like BlueWolve said, it could be either a bug, or a unique rare instance of having two separate pois be so close to each other, they appear in each other's instances when you drop to them.

Last edited:
I was literally just there. Dropping into the Asteroid Belt cluster puts you about 20 clicks from the Civilian installation as labelled in the contact tab. If you look in your Navigation Tab and lock to Jailhouse Rock & Blues Bar, it takes you to the exact same installation. I will go and have another look to take screenshots if that helps explain.

In regards to CD-43 11917 (CQC Permit) the system is pretty bare. No landable planets, one ELW named Ares which is where Attilus orbital is located.

There is a Megaship currently in system, DJA-009 Freedom Class Surveyor. There is also an installation named White Cattle Harvests.

Right my bad. I am there now. But I swear the Jailhouse Rock & Blues Bar was way off from the civilian installation last time I was here.

When you first drop into the cluster, it shows The Dark Wheel under description. When you target the civilian installation, it just says installation.

im also curious about the thing BlueWolve brought up a few pages ago in this thread, about the apparently hidden reputation bar with the faction PilotsFederation that you can separetely rank up by doing rescue missions or killing thargoids. technically, the letter we got from the manuel giving us our loaned sidewinder is from the pilots federation, asking us to impress him to know more. so the most natural thing to do was to think of gaining rank with the pilots federation to "impress" him. but people have been triple elite for ages, without receiving any more clues about that particular message.

i never knew that there existed another hidden rank(reputation) other than the normal combat/explo/trade ones. that is, if we assume that the pilots federation and PilotsFederation are the same faction/entity. has anyone been allied with that hidden faction (PilotsFederation)? apparently it's the only reputation you can gain, that you cant check progress on anywhere else other than those messages you get from rescue/thargoid missions. it should be investigated. im trying to get myself fitted with guardian stuff so i can start farming those bugs and see where it leads me. too bad we dont have any damaged stations currently... farming rescue missions would have been easier.

Last edited:

Jailhouse Rock & Blues Bar. This is under TDW control. The installation only shows as Civilian Installation in the contacts list, but if you use your Navigation panel you can see the actual name.

The main thing that should be taken away is there appears to be a kind of hidden installation. This may set a precedent for other hidden assets in asteroid belts. Although it could just be a bug due to the proximity of the belt cluster to the installation.

That could literally be the location of Raxxla. It is also a type of amplifier for guitars What if it's refering to an amp inside the rock and blues bar. What if the dark wheel and other explorers were just music junkies.
1575434659571.png

Gaining rank with all of the pilots federations was one of my goals. Still haven't got it yet. There are a bunch of different pilots federations also.

im also curious about the thing BlueWolve brought up a few pages ago in this thread, about the apparently hidden reputation bar with the faction PilotsFederation that you can separetely rank up by doing rescue missions or killing thargoids. technically, the letter we got from the manuel giving us our loaned sidewinder is from the pilots federation, asking us to impress him to know more. so the most natural thing to do was to think of gaining rank with the pilots federation to "impress" him. but people have been triple elite for ages, without receiving any more clues about that particular message.

i never knew that there existed another hidden rank(reputation) other than the normal combat/explo/trade ones. that is, if we assume that the pilots federation and PilotsFederation are the same faction/entity. has anyone been allied with that hidden faction (PilotsFederation)? apparently it's the only reputation you can gain, that you cant check progress on anywhere else other than those messages you get from rescue/thargoid missions. it should be investigated. im trying to get myself fitted with guardian stuff so i can start farming those bugs and see where it leads me. too bad we dont have any damaged stations currently... farming rescue missions would have been easier.
I managed to get up to Friendly with them today actually.

It gets a bit complicated though.

I believe the ‘goid killing combat bonds increases reputation with Pilots Federation, which is kind of like a superpower I guess.

Then there are minor factions that have Pilots Federation listed under allegiance, like others may have Federation/Empire/Alliance.

The Pilots’ Federation Local Branch is the minor faction that operates out of Shin Dez. You also have the Pilots’ Federation Administration in the new player systems. Also CQC Holdings minor faction. There may be more I am missing.

Increasing reputation with these minor factions may also increase the hidden Pilots Federation rep as well? Surely there have been those that have had this rep at max, but maybe having this rep at max unlocks access or an opportunity or something that has been missed?

That could literally be the location of Raxxla. It is also a type of amplifier for guitars What if it's refering to an amp inside the rock and blues bar. What if the dark wheel and other explorers were just music junkies.
View attachment 153983

Gaining rank with all of the pilots federations was one of my goals. Still haven't got it yet. There are a bunch of different pilots federations also.
Haha I would not rule it out completely! I know I personally enjoy listening to Rock music whilst I am out in the void. The image on that amp looks suspicious as well...

@FullM3talX
Forgot to mention in my previous post about Jailhouse Rock & Blues Bar that there is a Satellite attached to the installation, which you can lock onto from the belt cluster. I couldn’t scan it though, I didn’t have recon limpets with me at the time. Do you remember scanning that Satellite?

i scaned it the normal way by targeting it and looking towards it's general direction. it ocasionally gave some data stuff used for engineers. i didn't notice we can recon limpet on it aswell or maybe i missed it. can we? i'll check once im back as im doing some guardian ruins at the moment.

@Noobilite
that amplifier looks hella suspicious! haha. those drawings on it... i wander if we could extract anything from it.

Last edited:
i scaned it the normal way by targeting it and looking towards it's general direction. it ocasionally gave some data stuff used for engineers. i didn't notice we can recon limpet on it aswell or maybe i missed it. can we? i'll check once im back as im doing some guardian ruins at the moment.

@Noobilite
that amplifier looks hella suspicious! haha. those drawings on it... i wander if we could extract anything from it.
Oh I’m not sure if it can be hacked via recon limpet. Thinking about it probably not as nothing indicated sub targets like other data points do. Just curious if you could scan it as normal data link scanner wouldn’t work for me.

There’s a hidden rep bar for the PF? Interesting. How did you learn of it and how did you go about checking your progress?

Others have known about it for a while, but I personally only learned of it recently when turning in combat bonds from destroying Thargoids. Upon turning in the bonds I got a message saying my reputation had increased to cordial with Pilots Federation. I don’t think there is any way to check your progress besides the messages upon reaching the next rank.

Last edited:
There’s a hidden rep bar for the PF? Interesting. How did you learn of it and how did you go about checking your progress?
some players who did rescue missions/ killed thargoids have received messages saying that their reputation has been raised to cordial with the pilotsFederation. just like the ones you get when you work on a random minor faction in a system. but that specific "PilotsFederation" faction is no where to be seen, doesn't show up in any system unlike the other pilots federation off brand ones that exist in some systems here and there. (like the local branch in shinrarta) thats how they first knew about it. you cant check on it's rep progression, you only get a message, when you progress to the next rep rank cordial/allied etc... it's certainly interresting.
fed.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom