tinfoil time!
im starting to think that the word RAXXLA itself is going to be an essential key to finding raxxla. i'll tell you why:

first, i know that the dark wheel novella shouldn't be taken too seriously as facts, but then again, so many stuff from it is in the game. so who knows... when jason ryder was puting his son alex into the pod, and told him "Remember: raxxla!" he didnt tell him remember about raxxla, or remember where is raxxla, or what is raxxla. he just simply said : remember raxxla, the word itself. like if that word by itself holds enaugh meaning and information for his son. he trusted that, just with that word, his son would be able to do something with it. no further information needed. no further clues. just like how FD said about how there would be no more clues about it. as if all the clues are already there. but all we know about raxxla, is it's name!

this would also fit so well with "the key that is also the door" if the word raxxla itself is a key, that would lead to the door that is raxxla, then that would make raxxla the key and the door. as if we are looking for the door Raxxla, and to find it, we use the key word Raxxla. but what does raxxla the word mean exactly? how much can we extract from it? it certainly seems like a strange word. i will try to pursue in this direction for a while ... and see where it leads me. (hopefully not streight into a brick wall... but im used to it at this point might aswell)
I agree that the name is probably important. The RA 20 (Right alignment) angle has been investigated by many. RA is also the Sun god and may refer to Sol itself.

I've been looking at the option that the two Xs represents the crossing point of the Galactic plane with the Celestial plane and the Ecliptic plane respectively. The angles of a normal X do at least fit. I'm trying to align them to go from Raxxla to Raxla, so to speak. :)

i have a vague idea of where to start. by using the sentence "the key that is also the door". FD has a history in using encrypted text in their puzzles, that are solved by using decryption tools. i know that many encryption tools use a key aswell as the text you wish to encrypt/decrypt, both wich you need to provide. so im going to try and encrypt/decrypt the word raxxla, by using raxxla as the key aswell as the text to encrypt/decrypt. (the key that is also the content, so to speak) and see what it spits out. but it might take a while. there is soo many encryption tools and so many different algorithms. hopefully something like a system name comes up.

but it could also be something in game or lore related that doesn't require external tools and encryption but rather just your sherlock holmes skills. only im gona do the encryption part first, to take it off the list, since it's the most boring one. 😄

Last edited:
That's not exactly correct although I am on the side of there being no triggers but only signpostings, a wink and a nudge so to speak.

From the interview by djtruthsayer -

"Raxxla is in the Milky Way. This was confirmed during DJTruthsayer's lore interview with Michael Brookes.[9] Question: "Where is Raxxla?" Brookes: "Well it's in the Milky Way, but I can't tell you where it is. It's a journey that everyone has to travel for themselves." Question: "You have said that there will be no clues though?" Brookes: "That's true, but I think you have to make some of it a tiny bit obvious just so people know what they're doing. There's nothing to be revealed at this stage."[9]"

Watch the interview, the nuance is more easily understood when you listen to it.

The "there will be no clues" was by djtruthsayer. And how do you reconcile that with MB's subsequent line "That's true, but I think you have to make some of it a tiny bit obvious just so people know what they're doing."
Yeah, agreed, it needs to be watched really.

I always think it's worth noting that the first answer is a pre-prepared one, in response to questions which were sent to MB before the interview. The second was a follow on question on the spur of the moment, and the answer is MB, thinking on the spot. The eye movement and body language is interesting.

Last edited:
I agree that the name is probably important. The RA 20 (Right alignment) angle has been investigated by many. RA is also the Sun god and may refer to Sol itself.

one of the early things i thought of doing when i discovered the raxxla mystery is to type it's name in the galmap, or look for similar names, and the only suspicious system that came up was RA. the idea whas that RA is the beginning of the word RAXXLA. so maybe the system RA is the begining of the clues/journey to Raxxla. i have done some exploration in there and found nothing too important. i found a sagan class explorer ship in there that, after i scanned it's ship travel log, gave me this:
ra.jpg
by the looks of it, the ship's flight path was going from Ra => Ra(*) => LTT 9455. the second line was very suspicious to me. i also heavily explored LTT 9455 but the trail of clues ended there. i discovered later that all the other ships gave a similar ( *) on their flight operations plan so i scratched that theory out. but who knows, maybe there's something to the system RA...

to this day, RA and Tau ceti are very suspicious systems when it comes to raxxla, to me. tau ceti being the only system name mentioned in the raxxla codex, saying it's where the raxxla early stories first began circulating. (maybe it should be read as: thats where the journey begins...)

Last edited:
one of the early things i thought of doing when i discovered the raxxla mystery is to type it's name in the galmap, or look for similar names, and the only suspicious system that came up was RA. the idea whas that RA is the beginning of the word RAXXLA. so maybe the system RA is the begining of the clues/journey to Raxxla. i have done some exploration in there and found nothing too important. i found a sagan class explorer ship in there that, after i scanned it's ship travel log, gave me this:
by the looks of it, the ship's flight path was going from Ra => Ra(*) => LTT 9455. the second line was very suspicious to me. i also heavily explored LTT 9455 but the trail of clues ended there. i discovered later that all the other ships gave a similar ( *) on their flight operations plan so i scratched that theory out. but who knows, maybe there's something to the system RA...

to this day, RA and Tau ceti are very suspicious systems when it comes to raxxla, to me. tau ceti being the only system name mentioned in the raxxla codex, saying it's where the raxxla early stories first began circulating. (maybe it should be read as: thats where the journey begins...)
I feel the same about Tau Ceti. It was mentioned in the codex like you say. It is also the first system humans colonised after leaving Sol, and has some other history with it as well.

For some reason LTT 9455 sounds very familiar to me, but I can’t exactly recall why...

Minor point (or possibly crucial point) - the codex doesn’t say Tau Ceti is where Raxxla stories first began circulating. It says that’s where the first recorded mention of it was from. It also says it’s clear that the myth was already in circulation by that point. Art Tornqvist is a shipboard mechanic so it’s clear that he’s a spacer, with all the possibilities that opens up, whether his own travels, or hearing things from other spacers from their travels.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen anything saying when humanity developed FTL comms?

Just speculating on whether we should be treating that early era as being more akin to the Middle Ages in terms of how comms is dependent on transport, or more akin to the current era in real life where comms is independent of, and far far quicker than, transport.

(Or perhaps a blend where infrastructure has to be transported first, which then enables FTL comms between that point and the rest of the FTL comms infrastructure.)

If youre looking into the word Raxxla remember it must have been reverse engineered if it means anything. It was in the 1984 novel, (and an earlier one) but not in the game, it wasn't meant to be a clue at that time so didn't have any significance. Any significance must have been added after if at all.

Ive often wondered if Raxxla is how Alex's little sister pronounced his name when learning to speak and the whole thing is a 'find your little sister' plot :)

Maybe its Xtra Xtra Large :)

Raxxla was a name already coined by Holdstock in his earlier work 'Alien Worlds' - names can be hard for authors, so reusing is simpler than making new. But its possible that AW is the 'children's book' of the codex - who knows..

haha guys something very funny happened. i went to the official website that sells the "raxxla amplifier" product wich is now "discontinued". they had a link "ask a question about raxxla mkII" so i asked them about the meaning of the name raxxla, and who thought of it, and why? and today i received a response.
funnyresponse.jpg
i guess that answers that question. 😄

I've been looking at the option that the two Xs represents the crossing point of the Galactic plane with the Celestial plane and the Ecliptic plane respectively. The angles of a normal X do at least fit. I'm trying to align them to go from Raxxla to Raxla, so to speak. :)

If RA means Right Ascension then the XX could mean 20 or XXL might mean 30 (50 minus 20 but this would be unusual, XXX would be more normal representation). But that leaves the A or LA for Declination, which is meaningless. Also RA is just an angular measurement on the Earth’s ecliptic, you need declination and distance to give a point coordinate. So I’m not convinced RA does mean Right Ascension. The word RAXXLA might be a cypher key though, but is it a door??

The 'real soontil' was shrouded in a 'fog' in 'And Here The Wheel'. Makes me wonder 🤔

Undoubtedly, RAXXLA seems to be everyone's biggest question. Mine included. Yet, they say it's not True cannon to the Elite universe. I do recall a post, two or three years back. Apparently RAXXLA is not the games greatest kept secret, and nor is it tied to it. I tend to believe it. RAXXLA is a planet in Andromeda. The RAXXLA that was in Lave was, but a coriolis station which acted as one of the gateways, or steps, to accessing Andromeda. From there RAXXLA still had to be found, and you can't tell which system in Andromeda it will be in, as it has the ability to be moved, system to system...but I highly doubt to entire galaxies. A coriolis station, however, can be renamed and hidden anywhere. So how do we know its not the very one we start in? Or in a debris field? For example. Lots of questions that just lead to more...yet, again, it allegedly is not the game's greatest kept secret.

there are certain facts that have been given by fdev over the years since ed was released.

1. it's in the milky way.
2. it's in the game
3. it's not permit blocked or require any special ranking to find it
4. it's accessible to players (it's not at non-achievable jump ranges)
5. It's not connected to any current or past narrative plots
6. Fdev knows exactly where it is.
7. it's been in the game since the beginning.

The above is not in question unless you don't believe fdev ...in which case anything can be believable to you and there's no point in making any discussion regarding it.

There's been hints that's it's in or immediately around the bubble from one panel interview.

there are certain facts that have been given by fdev over the years since ed was released.

1. it's in the milky way.
2. it's in the game
3. it's not permit blocked or require any special ranking to find it
4. it's accessible to players (it's not at non-achievable jump ranges)
5. It's not connected to any current or past narrative plots
6. Fdev knows exactly where it is.
7. it's been in the game since the beginning.

The above is not in question unless you don't believe fdev ...in which case anything can be believable to you and there's no point in making any discussion regarding it.

There's been hints that's it's in or immediately around the bubble from one panel interview.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, Raxxla is definitely part of the lore and has not been retconned out of Elite: Dangerous, I have to point out that some of what you have stated is incorrect. Some points are related to the Formidine Rift Mystery.

Some are pure speculation from Drew W. Drew himself has stated he does not know where Raxxla is, and his musings in regards to the matter should be taken only for what they are; speculation from a lore expert.

Whilst certainly worth more than a passing thought (Drew’s The Old Worlds hypothesis is still one of my favourites), they are not proven theories or clues from FDEV.

Hopefully if @drew spots this he can reaffirm what I have said here to clear up any confusion.

All we know for certain is what is linked in the OP in this thread;

Last edited:
Top Bottom