Salute to our fallen comrade

Sidney_Hall_-_Urania%27s_Mirror_-_Virgo.jpg

Nu Virginis

Face, brow yes. How do we go about aligning it with mother of galaxies? I need help to understand the context a bit since I have not been down the track for Virgo. I've just had a brief glance at Virgo & Zodiac.

You missed out the best bit on this DAV star! From Wikipedia:

• In John C. Wright's science fiction novel, "Count to a Trillion" and its sequels, V886 Centauri is called the "Diamond Star", after the crystalline carbon core. In the story of the novel, it becomes the destination of the first human interstellar journey after it is discovered that the star, a ten-decillion-carat diamond of degenerate matter, is not matter at all, but antimatter. An alien artifact called "The Monument" is found orbiting it, which increases human knowledge of mathematics immensely.
  • In Jim Jarmusch's 2013 film Only Lovers Left Alive, Tilda Swinton's character Eve tells Tom Hiddleston's character Adam about BPM 37093, describing it as a "diamond up there the size of a planet" that "emits the music of a gigantic gong."

Raxxla (I’ve said many times I think it’s an alien artefact, probably one of the three Guardian Ark Ships) may not actually be orbiting V886 Cent in-game, but it certainly sounds like a good clue to Raxxla’s location.

Edit: John C. Wright's science fiction novel, "Count to a Trillion" was published in 2011. Just about the right time to impact DB/MB thoughts?
And let's not forget, a "White Point Star" is a type of Diamond found only on the planet Gallifrey.

🤷‍♂️

The Prism system has multiple stars named for jewels, one of which is actually named Diamond. Its also the system in which Lady Kahina Loren/ Salomé's story begins.

Perhaps Sol isnt supposed to be the starting point. In The Dark Wheel novella it starts off above Planet Lave.

V8886 just happens to be one jump away from LFT 926, conveniently the only system where The Dark Wheel minor faction is capable of expanding from. Im not suggesting they know where Raxxla may be, but they could be willing to share some information some of their Elite explorers may have accumulatedsome of which may have clues to chase down for even better information. I understand The Dark Wheel mf has never been expanded since the launch of the game.
Prism system was designed by Drew Wagar and he said in a livestream that his story about Salomé has nothing to do with Raxxla at all. Also the connection between Salomé and The Dark Wheel remain unclear (to me at least. I haven't read his books ...yet). But it's safe to assume that he and thus the Prism system isn't involved in any storytelling concerning The Dark Wheel either.

Prism system was designed by Drew Wagar and he said in a livestream that his story about Salomé has nothing to do with Raxxla at all. Also the connection between Salomé and The Dark Wheel remain unclear (to me at least. I haven't read his books ...yet). But it's safe to assume that he and thus the Prism system isn't involved in any storytelling concerning The Dark Wheel either.

It is safe to assume there is no connection between DW and FD’s implementation of Raxxla (DW has told us this), but the converse is not proven. FD could have chosen any location in the game, including any of those mentioned in DW’s books, so it is logically not safe to assume the Prism system isn’t involved!

But I’d agree, in my own personal opinion it would seem a bit far fetched. 😉

Salomé was to do with the Formidine Rift Mystery wasn't she?
"and they thought the Thargoids were trouble..."

Tin foil hat on:

What if these 33 dots around the Raxxla icon in the Codex is telling us "Region 33", which by the way is where the "Heart & Soul" Nebulae are and it is just before the Formidine Rift.

Also, whenever you enter an Asteroid Station, you'll find those 3 arches from the Raxxla icon glowing a greenish/bluish hue... and there's an Asteroid Station on each of these nebulae.

Adding up on top of it the fact Will (FD Community Manager) said in one of his recent mining live streams: "you're doing it right, looking inside an asteroid".

Tin foil hats for everyone!
what do you mean? Can you make show pictures or videos?

It is safe to assume there is no connection between DW and FD’s implementation of Raxxla (DW has told us this), but the converse is not proven. FD could have chosen any location in the game, including any of those mentioned in DW’s books, so it is logically not safe to assume the Prism system isn’t involved!

But I’d agree, in my own personal opinion it would seem a bit far fetched. 😉
Yeah, you are right. FDev could have put something in Prism without DW knowing, but that really IS a bit far fetched.

Also the Formidine Rift having anything to do with Raxxla was denied by DW (to his knowing at least), right? They are two separate things?

Edit: Is there a list of handcrafted systems in ED? If we find anything about TDW or Raxxla it must be in those. On the other hand I understand that it's hard to tell which systems have been handcrafted, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, you are right. FDev could have put something in Prism without DW knowing, but that really IS a bit far fetched.

Also the Formidine Rift having anything to do with Raxxla was denied by DW (to his knowing at least), right? They are two separate things?

Edit: Is there a list of handcrafted systems in ED? If we find anything about TDW or Raxxla it must be in those. On the other hand I understand that it's hard to tell which systems have been handcrafted, right?

Exactly, I was just picking up a fault in your logic. I agree it is unlikely that FD have let anything related to Raxxla overlap with the Formidine Rift storyline, but of course it can’t be entirely ruled out.

Yes, “people thought the thargoids were trouble” .... but they’re going to be a whole load more troublesome when the Oresrians lead the ravening Klaxian hordes into human space to cover their retreat (The Club’s Dynasty Plot storyline that Salomé uncovered).

Operation SAR (Sell All Rares): Sell all rares in Shinrarta Dezhra, SOL & Tau Ceti.

Rares:
- http://zoy.rf.gd/rares/
- http://www.elitedangeroustrading.com/trade-rares.aspx

Rhuagh original outfitting. Now refitted as storage.

MO:
  • One Imperial Cutter for storage, one Python and one Anaconda fpr collecting rares. Altering between ships depending on distance to local destination, e.g. Hutton Orbital. Both fitted with Supercruise Assist and Autodock.
  • Sell rares along the route when profit is acceptable
  • Retain 4 rares per type
  • Deliver to storage ship in batches
  • Careful with autolaunch since it's unstable when waiting in queue. Risk of getting jammed in the rails on the station sides.
My usual travel mo:
  • Accept donation missions when below Allied with faction
  • Scan nav beacon when in unexplored systems to acquire system data
  • Scan ships while in supercruise for encoded mats
  • If material trader present, use to balance mats

Making good use of my accounts: One headed for Sothis, another for Hutton Orbial, and the last one headed for Celcius Estate. Christmas wish: Shuttle to Colonia.

Last edited:
Top Bottom