A bit OT, but I would like to mention that Venus i currently at it's strongest.
It's about 50 times more luminous than any star and is clearly visible long before it's dark.
It has been bright all vinter and is at it' grandest now. Go out and have a look tonight. 🙂
Yeh, watched once it in telescope this year...even saw half of its disk. However weather is so bad lately, didn't use scope for 2-3 years already >:
Also, if you have dedicated camera with optical zoom, you can try to do Venus, Jupiter. 20x is enough to see their disks. For Jupiter you will see 4 main moons too.
If you have manual control over camera, you want maximum diafragma and minimum possible sensitivity to avoid noise. Also you need long shoot time, however doing over 30s will show Earth rotation (without tracking mount).

Last edited:
We don't actually, that was the Zuara, at the start it was a Conda, then became a Megaship.

DB has said in a livestream, of course its real, no mention of it being in game specifically.

The other source is 'unofficial' as in not a press release or public statement but a conversation where he said its in the game, afaik he hasn't said that on any livestream or forum or anywhere. That is hearsay by definition.

People have worked out the conversation took place shortly after the release I think so we have a kind of timeline which implies its been there since near the start but hasn't been confirmed in any way shape or form by fdev...afaik.

The official line is 'We cant comment on anything not found by a CMDR'*

*reply to email from UC so a bit of RP involved.

We don't actually, that was the Zuara, at the start it was a Conda, then became a Megaship.

DB has said in a livestream, of course its real, no mention of it being in game specifically.

The other source is 'unofficial' as in not a press release or public statement but a conversation where he said its in the game, afaik he hasn't said that on any livestream or forum or anywhere. That is hearsay by definition.

People have worked out the conversation took place shortly after the release I think so we have a kind of timeline which implies its been there since near the start but hasn't been confirmed in any way shape or form by fdev...afaik.

The official line is 'We cant comment on anything not found by a CMDR'*

*reply to email from UC so a bit of RP involved.
Paging Cmdr Braben, your presence is requested in the tinfoil department. Paging Cmdr Braben.

Both David Braben and Michael Brookes have confirmed that Raxxla is in-game, see first post of this thread for source references.

@Vetinari: As far as I’m aware DB said Raxxla has been in-game since the gamma release; what is the source for the interpretation that this was instead in reference to Zurara?

(Edit: it was because I believed DB said this of Raxxla that I produced a whole iPad Notes page on the gamma changelogs for analysis! But there was nothing evident in those 😉)

(Edit2: Drew Wagar did say that the FRift story was finalised during gamma, which would imply that Zurara was implemented then, but I’m convinced DB said something about gamma & Raxxla that was different
)

Of course, being in-game from the outset does not implicitly mean that it has been accessible from the outset; that is our interpretation based on understanding of how games are designed and expectations of fair play from FD. Since it appears that a certain (unknown) set of circumstances is required to unlock TDW and/or find Raxxla it is possible that set of circumstances was not available from the outset. For instance it could require a certain level of Thargoid kills & goids were not implemented from the outset.

Last edited:
So, probably nothing, i happened across a lovely little system named Pollux. I thought it was interesting though because it has a named moon for what should be Pollux 2 a, called Cambridge, which is landable but has nothing on it visibly. Then i remembered Cambridge is where frontier developments offices are. The entire galaxy was created in Cambridge. I was wondering, why they would have named this moon after their office's home town? It doesnt appear to have anything there at all. No bases, no installations, no volcanism.

Then i started thinking. One place Raxxla may possibly be might be in fdev's office somewhere, in their home town of Cambridge. It would make a little bit of sense to me and i bet most people would over look this as too easy, or obvious and move along. Im sitting here fuel scooping, I dont happen to have a surface scanner equipped atm. Have any of you happened to have mapped this moon yet? If so, did you notice anything noteworthy or curious?

One of the moons in the system has a station named Naddoddur Survey. (I pronouced this in my head as 'not a door' survey lol)

Oh also there's a listening post. I'll let you all know if it has anything of interest to share in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Very curious indeed....

I checked out the listening post. It happens to be in french (i believe) which i though was interesting since i know the game is translated into a good number of other languages and i assume french would be among them.
PS_Messages_20200424_040136.jpg

I ran it through google translator and got this result...
Screenshot_20200424-035934.png

I know google isnt always 100% correct so i wanted to cross check it here because i know where hail from all over the world. I wonder if this is some sort of code or cypher? Those arent my strong suit. Anybody good at codebreaking?

I found this wiki about the source of the quote.

Last edited:
Oh man, this just keeps getting better!

So, on this moon Cambridge, i just happened to come down right at a surface facility of sorts. It has no name and there seems to be very faint music coming out of the one building, that can barely be heard over the sounds of industrial machinery and my ships engines. Of course i just happen to not have an srv on this ship either. what lol? Im going to have to switch ships.

Anyways the system is Pollux, the moon is Cambridge and these are my planetary coordinates,

-39.8072°
77.7992°

If anybody would like to examine for themselves.

Mythology for Castor and Pollux...

Last edited:
Pollux System description:

A quiet extraction system also known as Beta Geminorum. The home of the Daedalus Consortium. Formed at the turn of the fourth millennium, the DaedalusConsortium is a loosely bound group of individuals who seek power above all else.

Daedalus connsortium also mentioned in the system description for LAWD 52:

The Disciples of Daedalus were created by Marshall Tom Ledgerwood to rally the people into fighting back against the oppressive rulers of their system. They where offered a position in the Alliance for their honour and bravery. They agreed, and now are apart of the Alliance, dedicated to helping anyone in need.

Looks like there is some Alliance history in the area.

Last edited:
Ok. Came back with an srv and surface scanner. Its gone. The trespass zone is still here and the occupied escape pod is here but everything else is nowhere to be found. Im more than a little irritated at this inconsistency.

There were 2 buildings, about 6 cargo canisters, what looked like a power generator, the escape pod and a handful of skimmers. All that was left was the escape pod. Apparently its nothing at all. Sorry for wasting all of your time 😵

Well, apart from walking the copawlot I’ve spent all morning fruitlessly searching the forum for anything that DB may have said about Raxxla and Gamma. In fact I can’t find any reference of him saying anything at all about Raxxla in the forum; all we have is what he & MB said during livestreams (though MB did say something about Raxxla being something different from Shinrarta Dehzra
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/mostly-harmless-questions.4681/post-1112282)

However DB has confirmed Raxxla is in-game, and we can deduce from Drew Wagar’s report of DB’s words at Lavecon (5-6 July 14) that Raxxla has been in-game since beta 1.04, or earlier,

Does this mean that Raxxla must be located in the old "beta galactic cylinder" that limited travel to around 500 systems? That was before I started play, but Han_Zen commented that the beta cylinder went approximately from Eranin to Sol, but the galaxy was regenerated on gamma launch and many things moved.

EDIT: Don’t suppose anyone has a list of the systems in that beta cylinder so we can determine what moved out of it? (Assuming Raxxla was in it originally but was moved on the gamma regeneration 🤫)

Last edited:
Ok. Came back with an srv and surface scanner. Its gone. The trespass zone is still here and the occupied escape pod is here but everything else is nowhere to be found. Im more than a little irritated at this inconsistency.

There were 2 buildings, about 6 cargo canisters, what looked like a power generator, the escape pod and a handful of skimmers. All that was left was the escape pod. Apparently its nothing at all. Sorry for wasting all of your time 😵

The randomness of installation poi does seem to reduce the immersion factor!

EDIT: Don’t suppose anyone has a list of the systems in that beta cylinder so we can determine what moved out of it? (Assuming Raxxla was in it originally but was moved on the gamma regeneration 🤫)

From beta 1 patch note
-Expanded playable bubble to 21 ly radius (@50 systems)

From the gamma 2.00 patch note:
-Secret added

According to one of the comments on the Gamma, the whole galaxy was opened:
"So there are now 3.9 billion more systems with nothing to do in them but explore solo since I cant group or chat with anyone?"

Raxxla could have been there during the beta but out of reach as not included in the playable area. Couldn't find any other official reference (will edit if I do)

On a totally different subject, does anyone knows which col 70 sector systems are unlocked ? I think I saw some posts about few of them but I can't find those anymore.
I spent hours jumping around the area and using injection plots on the map to find a way in, without success.

Last edited:
even though there's enaugh hints towards the existence of raxxla already, from word of mouth. i think the evidence from the game itself can stand on it's own too. im talking about it being mentioned in the knowledge base in the codex. they seem to be using that section of the codex as a (definitely in-game content) section.

if you think about it and analyze that page, every entry mentioned in there, exists in-game in some way shape or form. and they are all interactable with aswell. the factions, the individuals, the thargoids and guardians, even the corporations. literally every single entry there, exists in-game, and can be found and interacted with. why should we suppose that only the last 2 entries (wich are the dark wheel and raxxla) are an exclusion to the rule, and dont exist in game?

also, if you factor in how fdev did a cleaning pass recently, by removing the fluff text from galnet (because they dont want people chasing false flags that lead nowhere), yet they kept raxxla and the dark wheel in the codex, gives it away that they are not just fluff. because generally people would tend to take the codex more seriously than galnet, and chasse it's leads even harder. and if fdev was even slightly serious about preventing players chassing false flags, they would have extended the cleaning pass to the codex page too. yet they remain there untouched, open for commanders to chasse.

"... And that's how i know!"
- felicity farseer

Last edited:
Well, apart from walking the copawlot I’ve spent all morning fruitlessly searching the forum for anything that DB may have said about Raxxla and Gamma. In fact I can’t find any reference of him saying anything at all about Raxxla in the forum; all we have is what he & MB said during livestreams (though MB did say something about Raxxla being something different from Shinrarta Dehzra

If memory serves the quote in question comes to us second hand. Drew Wagar had a face to face conversation with David Braben in which David told Drew personally that Raxxla exists in-game. I don't think (I could be wrong) that David has ever directly told the community at large that Raxxla exists in game.

Top Bottom