Fact - Elite has 2 different types of objects
1. Beacons, stations
2. Ground objects like geo site or planetary port.

You can see (1) from infinite range, and disengage on it right from orbit. That happens when they place tourist beacon on ground. Question is what class raxxla belongs, so that will define behavior.
Well, I hope they haven't dropped a tourist beacon at Raxxla. Lol

Fact - Elite has 2 different types of objects
1. Beacons, stations
2. Ground objects like geo site or planetary port.

You can see (1) from infinite range, and disengage on it right from orbit. That happens when they place tourist beacon on ground. Question is what class raxxla belongs, so that will define behavior.
If I were to guess I suspect it behaves like any other planet, expect for being invisible to the FSS. It will resolve it self at 30 ls (or whatever the auto resolve distance is).
To get that close, we go by parallax.

Wild speculation. :D

Getting a sensei vibe from you there @Jorki Rasalas . Was waiting for "To find Raxxla....You must become Raxxla" or "To find what is truly lost you must also be truly lost. Only then both you and what you seek will be truely found" :)

Well, O Be One Jorki sounds a bit too aspirational, or derogatory! 😁
But your second point is well made.
Perhaps we need to log into ship, close our eyes, do random jumps to random destinations and
Find Raxxla
Or die horribly in a star’s corona...
I think the latter is more likely with my reflexes
And the amount of lavian brandy I consume! At least it would be quick! 🥳

I've looked into this several times over the ~12 months I've been playing. Undoubtedly covering a lot of ground already discounted elsewhere and my efforts pale into comparison of others. Having tried numerous approaches these are the six I remember

1 Obtain missions and explore based on them
Tried to pick up unrequested missions
Became allied with everything in a few systems
Came to the conclusion these were events not related to Raxxla

2 Find likely candidates e.g. through system names, system properties
Don't believe this is the answer, having spent weeks investigating
May be impossible if pre-requisites such as accepting or completing missions was required

3 Try to find a target system or body based on the "six clues", such as the first letter of each answer
Don't believe this is the answer but spent a fair while looking into it

4 Read / contribute here
Picked up some really good ideas
Happy to contribute where I can, even if I don't follow or agree with something I will try to help

5 Artefacts at Alpha Cygni, Star of India and Alpha Centurai
Read about them here
Didn't sound very likely to me but went to Alpha Cygni and it didn't immediately feel like a bug
Went to Star of India and observed there
Flew around those two systems
Got frustrated by not being able to relate system map locations to in-game locations
UInable to identify anything or correlate any movement effect on the artefacts
Now thinking it may well be a bug, along the lines suggested by CMD Deano The Imperial. e.g. star animation on wrong layer

6 Using the "six clues" as locations to progress to something else
This feels like the most likely solution that I've seen, wish I'd thought of it

I'm not certain of any of the six clue answers, although I suspect Maia is the whisperer
Am thinking each answer is unlikely to be in a "No system description is available" system
Searching for Raxxla may mean I never find it, but doing something else may unlock it

For that reason I've stopped trying to find it as a number one priority, and considered how I might want to find it. That means parking up my Phantom + DBX and getting back into my Cobra Mk III. No doubt this isn't essential but it's what I want to do. Also, I've not visited the "Old Worlds" so have started with Tionisla. If I finish with them I may move on to INRA and AEGIS locations.

I totally get the "no clues" approach from the developers. At the same time I would appreciate knowing if Raxxla can be found i.e. is not permit locked or similar. Would also appreciate knowing that if one or more people did find it, this would be made known formally to prevent any spoofing of it. e.g. a nice use of Galnet with either CMDR xyz or CMDR anonymous as appropriate.

ok i did some analysis on this image. and here's your final proof that it is fake. even though before i break it down, i must admit, after all the tests i did, the quality of editing here is quite good. i dont see how people say it's easily fake. because it's not. (from a visual analysis point of view). not "easily" at least. he completely covered his tracks as far as the image effects itself go, but he forgot to cover his tracks on his thought process. and i got him good.

the object in the screenshot looked like a dyson sphere to me. so i asked myself, if i wanted to fake a dyson sphere in my screenshot, what would i do?
ofcourse! i would google dyson sphere. here's what google search result brings up for dyson sphere.
at first glance it looked very supicious to me. so i played with it.
if you cut it perfectly in a circle and put it next to the screenshot, and change it's color tone to a slightly reddish tone. you get this:
i know. it's disappointing sigh...
if you look closely, the patterns are exactly the same. there is no shadow of a doubt that the image from google was used in the screenshot.

somehow i wanted to believe the screenshot was true, just to give me a tiny hope. maybe it was the original purpose of who ever uploaded it? but that seems like a definite proof it is fake. and the hope is shattered into pieces again. hopefully though we can put this at rest, and move on. there is a real totally not fake raxxla out there in the black. and it only wants to get found!

FINALLY!!! Someone with EVIDENCE to backup their claims!! only took 4 poeple to block me before I finally got a ligit answer!!

THANK YOU!!!!

And DOUBLE thank you for also mentioning " the quality of editing here is quite good. i dont see how people say it's easily fake. because it's not" now hopfully those gentelman who inisisted it was an obvious fake will believe that it WASNT, well, except for the dyson sphere img from google, lol. But all the complaining and assertions that it was a fake due to "obvious" reasons, like the font, which most of us here seem to have agreeded, could be a custom font for Raxxla if the img was real, so aside from the sphere, the idea that the Font alone was discrediting the img was unreasonable. and the claims of an "obvious" fake were UNTRUE, atleast as far as YOU could tell or I could tell, until you did a further analysis. Which is all I asked for. And I love that you dont even mention the font being a subject, becuase its not, there was no PROOF the font is impossible or incorrect.

So THANK YOU again!!

I hope others reading this post and the thread before it, can now realize, just becuase @Jorki Rasalas @Han_Zen @alexzk and or ANY person for that matter, claims somthing, that its not neccessarily 100% correct or true, it doesnt matter if they've been in the thread since page 1, if they cant or are unwilling to backup their claims, they shouldnt be given blind trust 100%, sure they might be knowledgable, but who says they know anymore than someone who has been playing the game but not active on this thread? thats right, they might not, it doesnt take an active poster to be knowledgable about the game.

My final words for today, are a direct comment to @Jorki Rasalas and his comment above:

"What got my goat (apologies to our Capra aegagrus hircus overlords, or any worshippers thereof) yesterday was someone trolling this as a valid hypothesis but then strongly insulting anyone who tried to throw the clear light of contrary evidence onto it. "

Umm, why dont you go back and re-read yesterdays conversation buddy, I did not "strongly insulting anyone who tried to throw the clear light of contrary evidence onto it", get your facts straight for day two. I strongly insulted anyone who tried to throw the UNCLEAR light of contrary ASSUMTIONS and ASSERTIONS onto it. Becuase they, including yourself, were giving personal OPINIONS not FACTS backed with PROOF, unlike @FullM3talX who acctually took the time to provide PROOF the img was fake, and to re-clairfy, he did not provide proof to back up ANY of YOUR claims @Jorki Rasalas, or anyone from yesterday, he proved it was a fake with information NO ONE used yesterday.

Just to make sure we are all clear on the FACTS of the last 24hours or so, not just @Jorki Rasalas opinions of what happened.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: XYZ
Anyways, Im out flying around, bored, if anyone has any systems they'd like checked for anything, im ready and willing....
I happen to be ner Polaris still, but Im willing to travel anywhere for a good reason :cool:

• Like (+1)
facepalm :D
Man ...there are numbers on picture -
1. distance to target
2. time to target calculated by game
3. ship speed

Now, check number (2) yourself using (1) and (3).

Oh I agree with you NOW, but that wasnt really explained yesterday when the "dissagreements" occured.... it was insisted that the font and font alone discredited the img
Also, some else mentioned here, its possible unknown gravitational objects could be effecting the time/distance calculation, just saying.... so that as well isnt neccessarily a 100% proof of fake.... itrs better than just yelling, the font is wrong! but still not what I would have considered a 100% de-bunk....

Now @FullM3talX , he gave enough proof and method of proof for me to put the subject to bed. its a fake. the dyson sphere being from google, thats undeniable. Everything else was and is kinda just personal interpretation and opinions....and I only say that becuase its extremely unlikely that the devs took a google img, and converted it into an in-game asset... not impossible, but unlikey as that COULD raise copywright and other issues, not too mention they have a asset builder tool box for building the game, they wouldnt really have a need for google imgs, they get imgs from NASA ect...

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
That image was posted a while ago and already parsed through. They probably just didn't want to repeat what was already done.

Let it go man.

Sure, its let go, but lastly, I did ask yesterday for a link to where it was previously discussed before the arguments, as I would gladly have read the previous discussions, and wasnt given one.

Anyways, this game has thrown plenty of curve-balls at us that to discount somthing based on "font" or somthing, just seemed unfair to the game.

We have commets that dont render but their gavity effects are present, we have orbital dynamics running, which my freiend who turned me onto ED and has been playing ALOT longer than me, insisted were NOT acitive in the game, until I googled and took him to some system with a landable moon that orbits its planet like every 32secs or somthing, than he finally agreed things like stations are acutally orbiting, but he insisted they didnt actually move, and hes been playing a long time before me and even turned me onto Raxxla...

Bottom line is, length of experience playing the game, doesnt make you automatically right, you could play the game for years and know nothing, or 1 month and know everything most players know, but there is never a reason to insist your correct when you cant or wont backup your claims, thats called arrogance.

• Like (+1)
Just a suggestion to whom ever maintains the main page of this thread, perhaps adding a "De-Bunked" section would be prudent?
So that future readers can have a place to review previously de-bunked informations, such as this previous img.
At least a repository of links to where in this thread or other threads previous issues were de-bunked.....

I know there could be potentially every theory anyone has ever given listed, but I dont mean to go that far, just large issues like Hoaxed imgs in regards to Raxxla or TDW, in-game abilities like accessing permit locked systems like Polaris, that we all know is unatainable in any way, or Thargoid facts if someone claims they relate to Raxxla, ect.....

Just an idea.....

• Like (+1)
I would imagine sorting through 16000+ posts to find something we already know, would take as long as actually finding Raxxla itself and no one felt the need to convince someone else of what we already knew for our selfves. We have enough wild geese to chase that havent already been confirmed tyvm.

It took me almost 4 days to catch up on this thread when i first joined it about 400 pages ago.

Yesterday i learned you can actually initiate a misjump. We were fighting goids in a wing out near asterope. Because of wing bugs one of our squad kept blue screening out of game (ps4) as soon as the jump would start. any ways the first time when he logged back in he was 34k ls out into his destination system. The second time he was in a nearby system just a jump away but a completely wrong system from where he was targeting. Each of these jumps were only a few ly away, 10 max. Imagine if it were a neutron boost jump....

I know game closing is against the rules for pvp but i wonder how this counts if one were to intentionally close the app to create misjumps.

Yesterday i learned you can actually initiate a misjump. We were fighting goids in a wing out near asterope. Because of wing bugs one of our squad kept blue screening out of game (ps4) as soon as the jump would start. any ways the first time when he logged back in he was 34k ls out into his destination system. The second time he was in a nearby system just a jump away but a completely wrong system from where he was targeting. Each of these jumps were only a few ly away, 10 max. Imagine if it were a neutron boost jump....

I know game closing is against the rules for pvp but i wonder how this counts if one were to intentionally close the app to create misjumps.

I think you ought to report this as a bug and see what the response is! (And let us know here!!!)
FD have said categorically (somewhere) that misjumps are not in-game.

I've looked into this several times over the ~12 months I've been playing. Undoubtedly covering a lot of ground already discounted elsewhere and my efforts pale into comparison of others. Having tried numerous approaches these are the six I remember

<SNIPPED>

6 Using the "six clues" as locations to progress to something else
This feels like the most likely solution that I've seen, wish I'd thought of it

I'm not certain of any of the six clue answers, although I suspect Maia is the whisperer
Am thinking each answer is unlikely to be in a "No system description is available" system
Searching for Raxxla may mean I never find it, but doing something else may unlock it

I think, if this is a toast by the Real Dark Wheel, then it makes more sense for it to be said while standing at a dinner table and raising their glasses in several directions (either 3 or 6). With the last line “To Raxxla” being a last slurp to something they’ve been searching for a long time. Hence it is more likely to be centred on their dark station than being directions to Raxxla. Thinking logically! 😁

It's a bit obscure how it works. I believe the next hyperspace-interdiction is already decided upon entering a system, and initiates on the next jump. Thus, connectivity issues sometimes can make you miss the sequence, and make you appear where you would be after the jump, on returning to the game again. It would be the last system player was at, never any new unplotted system. Then, of course there would be chance for the hyperspace-interdiction switch turning on, which for some recently Thargoid infested systems would be quite high, lower for other. Probably also taking into calculation when the last interdiction happened (string which probably caused the constant hyperdiction bug). Old timey hyperinterdiction likely was separate event from the modern hyperinterdiction event, and might have had different parameters.

I think, if this is a toast by the Real Dark Wheel, then it makes more sense for it to be said while standing at a dinner table and raising their glasses in several directions (either 3 or 6). With the last line “To Raxxla” being a last slurp to something they’ve been searching for a long time. Hence it is more likely to be centred on their dark station than being directions to Raxxla. Thinking logically! 😁
I have fancied the treasure map for a long time, as you know. To me, it makes sense given "what once was lost will soon be found", etc. Still have the map but whoever's knew how to read it has died????

Top Bottom