Just to call out for some help... if anyone have tried it before, please, let me know your findings.

I have a question about raxxla in old elite games. If i remember correctly the first elite game uses pairs of letters to give planets names and there wasn't "xx" combination. The closest combination was planet "Rainla".
And I found interview with Ian Bell that tells about it Link .
Q: The most important question that worries many so far: was Raxxla in game?
A: I remember this. Although the rumor about Raxxla was widespread, it was not in the original program.

So my question is - which old elite game has raxxla? (If it known for sure)

RAXXLA was somehow impossible combination for procedure generated names in old elites. So it was never exist there. Some people were modifying game, so it was generating new Universe (changing seed basically).
Any way, official answer ED is the first game where it is intentionally created by developers.

anyone know if its posible anywhere to search the galmap for specific stars?
I mean outside of the filters list?

Specifically, I want too look for Class M stars with "VI" or "VA" level luminosity....
1. In-game map
2. User maps like EDSM. Some people do copy of EDSM and can run own sql query on this like you need. Check explorers subforum. There is 1 guy doing that there, like drawing maps of W-R stars etc.

Yep. Raxxla is an asteroid, which is why we haven't managed to find it :)

No, dont have a mining laser. The Audet Somniare is over-engineered for jump range :) 70ly on fumes - not bad for an ASP Explorer - but it does mean limited mod cons

I also have considered that Raxxla, or the Omphalos Rift maybe, might be not just an asteriod, but perhaps an object INSIDE an asteroid.. something smaller like the Alien Artifact found in SOL, that leads us to the "gateway" or w.e...... Or a gateway lost inside an asteroid that colided with another asteroid and covered the mailbox....

That said, i've never gone asteriod cracking, only paintite mining lmao...

Im going to teach myself asteroid cracking one day and try going thru the Lave, Tionisla, ect asteroid belts and see what if anything i can find....

...so ...1 night "that way" using NSes and 1 night back. Some about 15000ly in 1 way.
220 millions total :D
it could be 80 mins of mining ...and then FCes will rise next question - i will have to mine fuel for same 80 mins but 80 times cheaper >:

😂 Got me peeking around corners and sniffing the air... 😂

I had a shower before breaking into your ship!
And the fish odour has all gone from that old mask, though washing it at 60C seems to have shrunk it a bit. It only covers my nose now, but hey, good Covid protection!
You really should not leave the key in the landing strut well, it’s the first place any good ninja looks.
At least I think it was your ship. There was no BRAYBEN in sight, and the occupier seemed very surprised to see me, had an Australian accent...😁

edit: kept muttering something about second time in a week :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just to call out for some help... if anyone have tried it before, please, let me know your findings.

Might be worth your while raising this in the "Alien Archeology and other mysteries thread"
(https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ing-news-theories-and-tinfoil-hattery.380504/).
That's the current incarnation of the old Canonn/UA mysteries thread where all the audio analyses were done.

Thanks for the tip... I'm quite familiar to the Sensor decoding and also the Probe/Link triangulation to pin point Thargoid home world.

Gotta tell you this is quite different, though

Hmmmm... definitely interesting. CMDR Ascorbius seems to be on record as saying he was "there" when Frontier said "someone has been to system with Raxxla in it." He later in the clip goes on to finger Michael Brooks as the person who said it.

Last edited:
I also have considered that Raxxla, or the Omphalos Rift maybe, might be not just an asteriod, but perhaps an object INSIDE an asteroid.. something smaller like the Alien Artifact found in SOL, that leads us to the "gateway" or w.e...... Or a gateway lost inside an asteroid that colided with another asteroid and covered the mailbox....

That said, i've never gone asteriod cracking, only paintite mining lmao...

Im going to teach myself asteroid cracking one day and try going thru the Lave, Tionisla, ect asteroid belts and see what if anything i can find....
No. David Braben said Raxxla was available since beta end. No surface (Horizons) and no inside asteroids since mining overhaul is recent thing.

Deleted member 38366

D
That's some heavy semantics you have going in there. Can you expand on that?

Since I had the same thoughts since a very long time now, I think he means the following :

"Raxxla" for example could be 6 ASCII characters anywhere behind a remark Symbol in a Code line. That's it. Just the word.
When asked if "Raxxla was in the game", DB could rightfully answer : "Yes".

After all, it's a remark somewhere in the Code, even if that was a Server-only piece of Code. It's part of the Game.
Exceedingly deceptive - but not outright lying. Not uncommon, far from it.

It's the same as DB telling an Investment Journalist during an Interview "[...]Look at Elite Dangerous. It’s now in its fifth financial year since it was released and every day there’s been a new story in the game, every week there’s been new content" [sic]
All during a time where new content was already (at best) coming once every 4-6 months.
Did DB lie directly? No, of course not. An OOBE doesn't do that, right?
There were cosmetic additions to ELITE every week. He just.... very creatively labeled those store items "content" ;)

Semantics have often been very, very important around here ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I had the same thoughts since a very long time now, I think he means the following :

"Raxxla" for example could be 6 ASCII characters anywhere behind a remark Symbol in a Code line. That's it. Just the word.
When asked if "Raxxla was in the game", DB could rightfully answer : "Yes".

After all, it's a remark somewhere in the Code, even if that was a Server-only piece of Code. It's part of the Game.
Exceedingly deceptive - but not outright lying. Not uncommon, far from it.

It's the same as DB telling an Investment Journalist during an Interview "[...]Look at Elite Dangerous. It’s now in its fifth financial year since it was released and every day there’s been a new story in the game, every week there’s been new content" [sic]
All during a time where new content was already (at best) coming once every 4-6 months.
Did DB lie directly? No, of course not. An OOBE doesn't do that, right?
There were cosmetic additions to ELITE every week. He just.... very creatively labeled those store items "content" ;)

Semantics have often been very, very important around here ;)
Agreed.

Personally I believe there is a Raxxla, that we either can, or will be able to discover - be it an asteroid, a moon, or even a generation ship, otherwise I wouldn't spend so much time on this thread :D but being in game could mean:

a) Its behind a permit lock
b) It has an atmosphere, but you can't recognize it as being Raxxla unless you land
c) It could be on a no atmosphere planet, but you cant recognize it unless you land (would be discoverable now but not at the end of beta - yet still in game)
d) In a system somewhere in Aquila's Halo that you need a FC to reach
e) Use your imagination to come up with a hundred other ways that it's in game but not available :)

Look at some of the gen ships - They were in game from the start but began life as Anaconda placeholders. I suspect (hope) Raxxla is similar - in game from the start, but evolving with each release. You never know, next year we might have to fight off "evil men" in FPS mode, just to reach it :)

Top Bottom