I hope that whatever we’re searching for isn’t between star systems like many have implied. That would make it even more difficult but I did find an article alluding to something being between stars...

The Federal Intelligence Agency continues to search for the Children of Tothos, a fringe cult that has stolen a nuclear weapon.

Ethan Takahashi, crime correspondent for The Federal Times, reported:

“The FIA has rooted out additional cultists within the Zlota system. All fervently worship their charismatic leader, Barnabas Cole, but none seem to know his current location or plans.”

“The Children of Tothos believe they were chosen by a demonic being that exists ‘in the spaces between the stars’. Cole claims that only he, aided by select adherents, can summon Tothos with an enormous ceremonial sacrifice.”

“Criminal psychologists fear that Cole’s egotism permits any act that justifies his delusions, including detonation of a nuclear warhead. Since the recently stolen Lucifer Device is both portable and undetectable by security scans, practically any location might be chosen for the cult’s apocalyptic ceremony.”

Also notice the similarity of the name Children of Tothos to Children of Raxxla. Surely FDEV wouldn’t tease them like that on purpose...

I always felt this related to Michael Brookes 2013/2015 unpublished book 'The space Inbetween'.

Strange how that books never been published...yet...

I always felt this related to Michael Brookes 2013/2015 unpublished book 'The space Inbetween'.

Strange how that books never been published...yet...
There's that tree again. I wonder if this is the same tree depicted on his the t-shirt he wore while interviewed by dj truth slayer. Apologies that may be too much tin foil.

Several of us (come back Scytale!) postulated that MB’s Ygdrasil t-shirt and his tattoo might be clues related to Raxxla, although his website says its related to the storyline of his unpublished book, and is based on a mix of Cthulu (he’s a Lovecraft fan) and Milton lore. Yes, it seems strange that he went to all the expense of commissioning the design and pain of getting the tattoo & then didn’t publish it. My Paradise Lost-based hypothesis (search this thread) came out of that speculation. Fitted nicely, but didn’t produce any results. Might revisit it at some stage, maybe I misinterpreted something...

Mapping of Yggdrasil

For a long time various parts of Yggdrasil have been represented in game. I've long ignored these myself, thinking they likey were just eastereggs, but at some point always wanted to visually map them and visit them in game.

Are these locations related to Raxxla, who knows? My suspicions are they are not, or at least only partly. Mapping I thought will only bring better understanding and context, and let us rule them out of the Raxxla hunt or provide new information which may aid other explorations.

For clarification this is not a definitive explanation of Norse myth, I am no expert and this is all just tin-pot theorising.

If there are any experts in Norse myth out there please feel free to enlighten, to confirm, or correct. My interest here is to identify if these places / names exist in Elite Dangerous (ED) and if they mean anything or are placed in game in a certain pattern.

Yggdrasil's meaning if broken down literally means: Yggr (terrible), drasill (horse) or 'horse of Odin'.

The horse of Odin is a reference to when the tree became a gallows for Odin when he sacrificed himself to discover the runes.

In Michael Brookes (MB) old Drabble thread he references this journey for enlightenment.

"The same secret torments my dreams as I follow the same path, so I too can visit all the worlds of gods and men".

Reading into it, writers write what they know, and artists steal, so if MB did write / code / help locate Raxxla maybe just maybe a pattern to his behaviour / style of working is reflected in Elite Dangerous.

Now its highly unlikely but, what if these deities were MBs initial inspiration for his 'The Space Inbetween' novel...who knows, very unlikely but with no other clues...lets look into the first drabble.

In his drabble on Odin theres mention of Yggdrasil and its nine limbs and Odin hanging from its branches to obtain enlightenment.

Yggdrasil - a faction in ED in a system called Mulungu (a tree of Brazil).

In his drabble MB next discusses the crows 'Huginn (mind) and Muninn (memory)' 'from high in the heavens sharp-eyed ravens shared their intelligence with him'.

Odin is also known as 'Hrafnagud' or the raven-god because of his relationship with Huginn and Muninn.

'Hrafnagud' is not in game.
Hugin or Huginn is not in game.
Muninn is is game, as a station in the Ayethi system.

Could these be represented in the stars as constellation 'Corvus' which sits within the constellation 'Draco'?

Odins 'journey' essentially concerns him venturing to Mimir’s Well, possibly 'Well of Urd', amongst the roots of the world-tree Yggdrasil. Where resided the 3 fates the 'Norns' whose powers and knowledge Odin envied.

Hall of Urd
Well of Urd
Urd is a system and faction in ED.

In norse myth this well is located under the second root around the world tree Yggdrasil in Jötunheim (not under it) guarded by the jötunn Mímir.

Mimir is not in game but Jotunheim is a system.

Deepest void

Yggdrasil is decribed as growing out of the well of Urd. Not underneath but around or above in the sky (Im not too sure) and possibly this is also where the gods l hold thier council.

The well of Urd is fathomless pool whose depths hold cosmic knowledge and poweful beings, one such are the 3 wise maidens the 'Norns' who live in a hall by the well of Urd, these Norns shaped the fates by carving runes into Yggdrasil’s trunk affecting everything in the 9 realms / worlds.

These Norns are:
Urd (Urðr) - past.
Verdandi (Verðandi) - present.
Skuld (Skuld) - future.

All three Norms are in game as systems.

In Norse cosmology, Jötunheimr (or Jǫtunheimr in Old Norse orthography; often anglicized as Jotunheim or Udgård) is a location associated with the Jötnar, entities in Norse mythology, which are often mistakenly anglicised as "giants".

The well is the source of Mímir's wisdom. Odin, wanting to possess great wisdom and so his journey can be seen in two forms, one where he hangs himself from the tree and sacrifices himself, staring into the depths of the waters and willing the runes to show themselves (another theory was the runes were reflected in the waters, and were star constellations); or it took him through the land of the 'giants' to acquire great knowledge by drinking directly from the well.

Here Odin asked the guardian of the well a water spirit named 'Mimir' (or Mim) for a drink of the wells waters to impart its cosmic knowledge.

Mímir's also appears to be closely associated with the well Mímisbrunnr which lies directly underneath the great tree.

Edit: Mímisbrunnr doesnt seem to be in game, nor does Mimir, that I have yet to discover, but any of these could go by other names.

'Mímir's name appears in the names of the well Mímisbrunnr, and the names Mímameiðr and Hoddmímis holt, which scholars generally consider to be names for Yggdrasil'

In another iteration it/he is also a disembodied head that Odin later carries around and obtains his knowledge from.

Again this is tin-foil and a collation of various theories.

In regards to the well, Mimir demands a sacrifice before Odin can partake of the waters, Odin then rips out his own eye; after doing so, Mimir offers the now-one-eyed vagabond a drink.

Odins eye was then left behind within Mímisbrunnr.

'Eyes to see'?

Looking further into any references regarding Norse mythology and the stars, I happen uppon a few interpretations which alluded to Yggdrasil as being the Milky Way and Odin as Ophiuchus.

Ophiuchus is a dark nebula region in game.

Ophiuchus to the Greeks, represented the god Apollo slaying Pytho which guarded the oracle of Delphi.

Remember that the rift below the oracle is thought of as being a crack in the ground where vapours from Pythos rotting corpse originated...the Omphalos Rift.

Also recal that Donars Oak (Thors Oak) is also in Delphi in game...

So whats below Ophiuchus if it where to depict Odin hanging from the ash tree... the Well of Urd?

Antares is also below Ophiuchus, in ancient China its referred to as the 'fire star'.

The jewel that burns on the brow of the galaxy.

Qoute: Cmdr Han Zen
"Uriel is the Archangel of Antares. He is also the presider over Tartarus. Tartaurs is 'the deepest void'. As far below Hades as earth is below heaven."

Scorpio in some interpretation could represent a root or branch of the 'World Tree' from which grow nine twigs. The nine runes of Odin?

The vagabonds heart, Odins desire was knowledge over the Runes.

Or is Odin Centuarus, which could place the well within the coal sack nebula? Thats grassping at straws, but I feel its healthy to explore every idea, so it can be ruled out.

Currently I have all these elements mapped ingame and trying to attribute a correlation, but at first sight, they all seem randomly placed.

Their likely simply eastereggs, if there is a correlation it hasn't shown itself yet.

Whilst on this thread I quickly delved into MB's second drabble on 'gods'. Tiamat.

Tiamat was an interesting candidate, its in game too. The mother of galaxies?

Not much to report so far, but at least its got me to appreciate Norse myth at least.

Last edited:
I’m currently looking for TDW station again. Looking at pertinent dates & making some assumptions:
Pertinent timeline (https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous_Timeline)

2325 Federation lost Achenar war of independence due to extended supply line; therefore likely to have constructed a FOB station nearby which then became disused, spurned by the Empire and forgotten by most-then taken over by TDW?
2696 Galcop founded.
3125 Thargoid War starts
3151 Thargoid War ends with mycoid delivery. Galcop funds Project Equinox, an initiative that establishes multiple deep space monitoring outposts such as GCS Sarasvati to watch in case the Thargoids returned
3155 first Sarasvati monitoring log.
3172 Galcop declining. Project Equinox is shut down, despite Dr. Cassandra Lockhart's warnings that the Thargoids are sowing the seeds for their future return.

So I’m looking near Achenar!

@Rochester: nice summary and set of hypotheses there! My knowledge of Norse myth is limited to seeing Thor in the Avengers films...
So is Mimir the siren of the deepest void? In-game??
Odin= vagabond; haggard wanderer who relentlessly seeks knowledge
Frigg (possibly Freyja) = Queen of the Æsir (tribe of Norse gods, home Asgard) and the goddess of the sky (but no jewel?)

Last edited:
I’m currently looking for TDW station again. Looking at pertinent dates & making some assumptions:
Pertinent timeline (https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous_Timeline)

2325 Federation lost Achenar war of independence due to extended supply line; therefore likely to have constructed a FOB station nearby which then became disused, spurned by the Empire and forgotten by most-then taken over by TDW?
2696 Galcop founded.
3125 Thargoid War starts
3151 Thargoid War ends with mycoid delivery. Galcop funds Project Equinox, an initiative that establishes multiple deep space monitoring outposts such as GCS Sarasvati to watch in case the Thargoids returned
3155 first Sarasvati monitoring log.
3172 Galcop declining. Project Equinox is shut down, despite Dr. Cassandra Lockhart's warnings that the Thargoids are sowing the seeds for their future return.

So I’m looking near Achenar!

@Rochester: nice summary and set of hypotheses there! My knowledge of Norse myth is limited to seeing Thor in the Avengers films...
So is Mimir the siren of the deepest void? In-game??
Odin= vagabond; haggard wanderer who relentlessly seeks knowledge
Frigg (possibly Freyja) = Queen of the Æsir and the goddess of the sky (but no jewel?)
Prior to ED my only interaction with Norse myth involved Lovejoy.

Attachments

• PSX_20201018_120003.jpg
    PSX_20201018_120003.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 172
Mapping of Yggdrasil

For a long time various parts of Yggdrasil have been represented in game. I've long ignored these myself, thinking they likey were just eastereggs, but at some point always wanted to visually map them and visit them in game.

Are these locations related to Raxxla, who knows? My suspicions are they are not, or at least only partly. Mapping I thought will only bring better understanding and context, and let us rule them out of the Raxxla hunt or provide new information which may aid other explorations.

For clarification this is not a definitive explanation of Norse myth, I am no expert and this is all just tin-pot theorising.

If there are any experts in Norse myth out there please feel free to enlighten, to confirm, or correct. My interest here is to identify if these places / names exist in Elite Dangerous (ED) and if they mean anything or are placed in game in a certain pattern.

Yggdrasil's meaning if broken down literally means: Yggr (terrible), drasill (horse) or 'horse of Odin'.

The horse of Odin is a reference to when the tree became a gallows for Odin when he sacrificed himself to discover the runes.

In Michael Brookes (MB) old Drabble thread he references this journey for enlightenment.

"The same secret torments my dreams as I follow the same path, so I too can visit all the worlds of gods and men".

Reading into it, writers write what they know, and artists steal, so if MB did write / code / help locate Raxxla maybe just maybe a pattern to his behaviour / style of working is reflected in Elite Dangerous.

Now its highly unlikely but, what if these deities were MBs initial inspiration for his 'The Space Inbetween' novel...who knows, very unlikely but with no other clues...lets look into the first drabble.

In his drabble on Odin theres mention of Yggdrasil and its nine limbs and Odin hanging from its branches to obtain enlightenment.

Yggdrasil - a faction in ED in a system called Mulungu (a tree of Brazil).

In his drabble MB next discusses the crows 'Huginn (mind) and Muninn (memory)' 'from high in the heavens sharp-eyed ravens shared their intelligence with him'.

Odin is also known as 'Hrafnagud' or the raven-god because of his relationship with Huginn and Muninn.

'Hrafnagud' is not in game.
Hugin or Huginn is not in game.
Muninn is is game, as a station in the Ayethi system.

Could these be represented in the stars as constellation 'Corvus' which sits within the constellation 'Draco'?

Odins 'journey' essentially concerns him venturing to Mimir’s Well, possibly 'Well of Urd', amongst the roots of the world-tree Yggdrasil. Where resided the 3 fates the 'Norns' whose powers and knowledge Odin envied.

Hall of Urd
Well of Urd
Urd is a system and faction in ED.

In norse myth this well is located under the second root around the world tree Yggdrasil in Jötunheim (not under it) guarded by the jötunn Mímir.

Mimir is not in game but Jotunheim is a system.

Deepest void

Yggdrasil is decribed as growing out of the well of Urd. Not underneath but around or above in the sky (Im not too sure) and possibly this is also where the gods l hold thier council.

The well of Urd is fathomless pool whose depths hold cosmic knowledge and poweful beings, one such are the 3 wise maidens the 'Norns' who live in a hall by the well of Urd, these Norns shaped the fates by carving runes into Yggdrasil’s trunk affecting everything in the 9 realms / worlds.

These Norns are:
Urd (Urðr) - past.
Verdandi (Verðandi) - present.
Skuld (Skuld) - future.

All three Norms are in game as systems.

In Norse cosmology, Jötunheimr (or Jǫtunheimr in Old Norse orthography; often anglicized as Jotunheim or Udgård) is a location associated with the Jötnar, entities in Norse mythology, which are often mistakenly anglicised as "giants".

The well is the source of Mímir's wisdom. Odin, wanting to possess great wisdom and so his journey can be seen in two forms, one where he hangs himself from the tree and sacrifices himself, staring into the depths of the waters and willing the runes to show themselves (another theory was the runes were reflected in the waters, and were star constellations); or it took him through the land of the 'giants' to acquire great knowledge by drinking directly from the well.

Here Odin asked the guardian of the well a water spirit named 'Mimir' (or Mim) for a drink of the wells waters to impart its cosmic knowledge.

Mímir's also appears to be closely associated with the well Mímisbrunnr which lies directly underneath the great tree.

Edit: Mímisbrunnr doesnt seem to be in game, nor does Mimir, that I have yet to discover, but any of these could go by other names.

'Mímir's name appears in the names of the well Mímisbrunnr, and the names Mímameiðr and Hoddmímis holt, which scholars generally consider to be names for Yggdrasil'

In another iteration it/he is also a disembodied head that Odin later carries around and obtains his knowledge from.

Again this is tin-foil and a collation of various theories.

In regards to the well, Mimir demands a sacrifice before Odin can partake of the waters, Odin then rips out his own eye; after doing so, Mimir offers the now-one-eyed vagabond a drink.

Odins eye was then left behind within Mímisbrunnr.

'Eyes to see'?

Looking further into any references regarding Norse mythology and the stars, I happen uppon a few interpretations which alluded to Yggdrasil as being the Milky Way and Odin as Ophiuchus.

Ophiuchus is a dark nebula region in game.

Ophiuchus to the Greeks, represented the god Apollo slaying Pytho which guarded the oracle of Delphi.

Remember that the rift below the oracle is thought of as being a crack in the ground where vapours from Pythos rotting corpse originated...the Omphalos Rift.

Also recal that Donars Oak (Thors Oak) is also in Delphi in game...

So whats below Ophiuchus if it where to depict Odin hanging from the ash tree... the Well of Urd?

Antares is also below Ophiuchus, in ancient China its referred to as the 'fire star'.

The jewel that burns on the brow of the galaxy.

Qoute: Cmdr Han Zen
"Uriel is the Archangel of Antares. He is also the presider over Tartarus. Tartaurs is 'the deepest void'. As far below Hades as earth is below heaven."

Scorpio in some interpretation could represent a root or branch of the 'World Tree' from which grow nine twigs. The nine runes of Odin?

The vagabonds heart, Odins desire was knowledge over the Runes.

Or is Odin Centuarus, which could place the well within the coal sack nebula? Thats grassping at straws, but I feel its healthy to explore every idea, so it can be ruled out.

Currently I have all these elements mapped ingame and trying to attribute a correlation, but at first sight, they all seem randomly placed.

Their likely simply eastereggs, if there is a correlation it hasn't shown itself yet.

Whilst on this thread I quickly delved into MB's second drabble on 'gods'. Tiamat.

Tiamat was an interesting candidate, its in game too. The mother of galaxies?

Not much to report so far, but at least its got me to appreciate Norse myth at least.
Thank you Rochester. What an amazing reply. I'll need to read through a few times to take it in. I appreciate you laying it out like this.

Pretty sure you’re on a hiding to nothing regarding “The Vain Queen...”
This was a clue by Drew Wagar relevant to his Formidine Rift mystery, intended to point people towards the Zurara. He has said several times he knows nothing about Raxxla, nor did any of the other authors (except MB) as FD instructed them to stay off the subject and kept it for themselves.

MB wrote the book Elite Legacy about the mining colony Freeholm in the Artemis system; didn’t spot any clues in there that might relate to Raxxla, or TDW.

Im going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one friend. Drew stated back then on Twitter and Reddit that the series of clues resolve to “two separate locations“. One of the locations was The Zurara, yes. What was the other grand reveal?

Drew did say he knew nothing about Raxxla...that doesn’t mean he knew nothing about Soontill. He’s clever with his wording.

I keep saying I believe what we’re looking for is shielded and perhaps disguised out there and it’s probably Thargoid right? Try to follow along with me in one scene from Premonition that has a very curious moment. I’ll keep it vague and put it in spoilers.

Salome goes to Cambridge. She thinks about why Cambridge is named Cambridge and deduces half of the name is due to it being by a river. She doesn’t solve the “Cam” part of Cambridge.

Cambridge is contained within an energy shield dome to protect it from the outside world. Only the top archaeologists could get access. She enters and goes to Jesus College. She’s met by St.John Gregory Smythe. Something is up here. Salomé asked for St. John the Baptist’s head on a platter in the Bible. They discuss their names for a moment and continue inside. It may be nothing but Gregory Smythe is also the name of a character in “The people in the trees” a book about a scientist that goes to a mysterious island where there's a lost tribe of people that eat turtles to gain life but sacrifice their intelligence and can’t read or speak. Probably nothing but back to the topic.

Salomé remarks how alien the place seems to be and remarks on a statue of a four legged creature in the courtyard. It’s San Marco’s Horse donated by an artist named Flanagan. Still nothing too out of the ordinary but Salomé keeps mentioning how strange this place seems.

She’s lead to the cloisters and up a flight of stairs when it happens. She says it smells strange. She says it smells like the scent cleaning robots leave behind them...Ammonia? By now we should all know that Ammonia is related to Thargoids. Why would Drew include this? He knows full well that hinting at Ammonia would lead to Thargoid speculation.

So what’s the hint here? A shielded ancient city that contains ages of historical knowledge, a four legged creature, and the scent of Ammonia. Cam as in “Cam-bridge” is also the way that Camelopardalis systems are abbreviated such as Beta Cam.

I could be completely off my rocker but you don’t hint towards Ammonia in the Elite Dangerous universe unless you’re calling to mind Thargoids. So what would be his purpose for doing so in Jesus College of all places. Ask yourself what is he getting at?

I’ll do one more scene. This one involving the Club.

The Club are all gathered around eating their multi-course meal and discussing their plans to manipulate humanity. This chapter is already mysterious because the Club is involved. The dessert course is brought in, what is it? “An assortment of exotic and beautifully sculpted dishes...some with miniature force fields to maintain their appearance. How fitting that the mysterious cabal feasts upon something contained within a force field to maintain its appearance

Drew knows more than he lets on in my opinion.The author of “And here the wheel” even quoted Rebecca in a kickstarter comment. I don’t think they weren’t allowed to collaborate. Drew even said at one time that FDEV showed him something that would make your eyes bleed. Is the Zurara that crazy looking? I don’t think so, it’s nice yea but not eye hemorrhage worthy.

To each their own, I guess. I’ll continue to try from my angle and if others don’t agree then that’s fine. If we all share ideas maybe we’ll get sonewhere. I’m just glad Galnet is back, dissecting it has become quite the hobby.

Im going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one friend. Drew stated back then on Twitter and Reddit that the series of clues resolve to “two separate locations“. One of the locations was The Zurara, yes. What was the other grand reveal?

The INRA Bases in the Rift.

Salome goes to Cambridge. She thinks about why Cambridge is named Cambridge and deduces half of the name is due to it being by a river. She doesn’t solve the “Cam” part of Cambridge

Cam is the river, The River Cam. Bridge is self-explanatory. Im not following your logic?

I've made some sense and progress on the toast, I have a start and end point and I think a time window. It fits nicely with all parts of the toast, its rather obvious and requires NO mythology or out of game content and requires you to travel for yourself for it to see it for the toast to make sense and reveal itself. Prepping ship for the journey, haven't flown this far into the black before. As the TDW is represented as legendary explorers and treasure seekers, both locations derived are uniquely note worthy and their descriptions in the toast are a match. Not sure what it will point to, Raxxla or TDW station, but excited to find out.

I don't feel like spilling the beans before I can post the results, but if you're near Sag A, bring your eyes!!

Last edited:
I've made some sense and progress on the toast, I have a start and end point and I think a time window. It fits nicely with all parts of the toast, its rather obvious and requires NO mythology or out of game content and requires you to travel for yourself for it to see it for the toast to make sense and reveal itself. Prepping ship for the journey, haven't flown this far into the black before. As the TDW is represented as legendary explorers and treasure seekers, both locations derived are uniquely note worthy and their descriptions in the toast are a match. Not sure what it will point to, Raxxla or TDW station, but excited to find out.

I don't feel like spilling the beans before I can post the results, but if you're near Sag A, bring your eyes!!

Good luck sir! The mythology angle is a dangerous and slippery slope, take me and many others for example. I’d volunteer to help but I’m way off. If you need to bounce ideas off people though I’m sure many of us would be glad to assist. o7

Sorry I know nothing about the city in real life. I could be reading too far between the lines I’ll admit. I still find the whole scene suspect. Admittedly the Cambridge thing was a stretch but the ammonia reference is still there and was my main emphasis.
Another thing that causes me difficulties is that I cant seem to find clearly explained solutions to all of those riddles. If I could find the explanations I’d let it rest. Is the Children of Raxxla site gone now? Any links I find don’t seem to work.

It would certainly make for a sensible reason for DW being in Shinrarta, and also the original requirement to be elite before you could become a DW member. 🧐

@Han_Zen/Simulacrae: When did pirate npc come into the game? Have they always been in, or was it more recently?
Pirate NPCs? They have been pretty much from the beginning i think... I still remember the gold trap that came out in the wings update?.... was all excited about scooping up some canisters of gold and the a wing of npcs jumped me.... was awesome... died so quicly. :)

It would certainly make for a sensible reason for DW being in Shinrarta, and also the original requirement to be elite before you could become a DW member. 🧐

@Han_Zen/Simulacrae: When did pirate npc come into the game? Have they always been in, or was it more recently?
Always been pirates in the game. At least in USS, rings and belt instances. It took some time before they started interdicting. Not much though. Even that was in the game early. Perhaps from version 1.1?

@Han_Zen/Simulacrae: thanks guys, knew I could rely on your memories!

I’m currently working an hypothesis (very thin & speculative) in a system where there are lots of pirate USS, so allied with the main local faction then shipped my Corvette over and doing some BH, though my hand problems are probably going to terminate this line if enquiry. Was pondering whether hunting pirates could be the DW test, but of course that would mean pirates had to be in-game from the outset.

Might try further cargo missions since I seem to remember an FD comment that reputation continues to rise...ah, just checked & he seems to be talking about Superpower rep

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-provide-rank-progression.336994/post-5277153
"All missions which provide reputation provide rank progression. Rank progression is directly derived as a function of the reputation earned with a superpower-aligned faction during a mission.
...Even if the top end of allied is the cap for an individual faction, you can still earn reputation, you just don't get a change in reputation. When a mission ends, if it wants to give a reputation award it will tell the webserver that. At the same time, it calculates the superpower "skill" that corresponds to that reputation award and tells the webserver to apply that, too. If the webserver comes back and says "Sorry, nope, the commander is already the most beloved, the apple of this faction's eye; I'm not gonna increase their rep", this doesn't block the superpower skill from increasing."

Last edited:
On a side note, I wonder selling the cartographics data from these systems to TDW in Shinrarta might trigger an invitation....

The more I ponder this idea, the more is sounds plausible. Delivering them the data from these two systems could serve as the proof that you are worthy.

It does sound plausible, and as I said earlier it would explain TDW presence in SD and the original need to be elite (SD permit) to find Raxxla. However a further thought occured- it is too stochastic. If you sell the system data for those systems elsewhere, which is most likely for most players, then they could never pass this test since you can only discover a system once. I don’t think DB/MB would allow that for the DW test as it would lock out most players from having a chance. For example when I was testing my Argonautica hypothesis I travelled the route then sold the data at the end system (Erio) on the assumption that one of the local factions was DW-affiliated (“wheels within wheels” clue from Premonition) -it wouldn’t have been logical in that context to sell the data at SD.

It is perhaps more likely that your travel history has to include a defined set of systems which then triggers a skill test which must be a passenger, cargo, or data retrieval mission (I discount assassination etc missions since TDW are explorers & adventurers).

Top Bottom