Just watched this video too...

Well, I have to say I never knew the Thargoids were all female, so I wonder if (or where) there are males of the species?

I also wonder if his comment about AI escaping into deep space has been implemented? Raxxla perhaps? Or Guardian AI?

Fly Dangerously,
Ra.

Parthogenesis? Or perhaps that’s why goids are keen on capturing escape capsules...a fate worse than death!

I think the comment about AI escaping was specifically about human-developed AI, and we can expect it to be hostile when we encounter it. I did wonder if this was implied in one of the abandoned base logs -the one where a body comes back to life. Guardian AI should be out there somewhere; my suspicion is they are behind the Pilot’s Federation (due to the PF use of hexagonal theme akin to Guardian glyphs, see the nav panel for example).

Ah, thanks. I hadn’t spotted it before, but then I guess I only very rarely use orrery view! It hadn’t shown in other systems where I’d used it. I’ve removed that point from my theory post:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8911441

There's definitely something not right with sol though which is odd given its hand crafted and arguably the one system they would want to get right. I'm left thinking it's working as intended, which does make it strange.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday mooching and honking around the belt zone especially the area where the cluster appears, alas no green. I got bored and went back to trying to get into witch's reach. Oddly there's a couple of systems nearby called haghole and frog, if only I could find puppy dog tails I'd be all set.

There's definitely something not right with sol though which is odd given its hand crafted and arguably the one system they would want to get right. I'm left thinking it's working as intended, which does make it strange.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday mooching and honking around the belt zone especially the area where the cluster appears, alas no green. I got bored and went back to trying to get into witch's reach. Oddly there's a couple of systems nearby called haghole and frog, if only I could find puppy dog tails I'd be all set.

I'm always messing with game mechanics, the things you would normally do... was trying to fly in to Sol yesterday or see if anything unusual happened as I couldn't scan it, the day before I tried jumping to a system whilst in the jet cone of a neutron star... thought trying to jump whilst operating beyond safety limits might cause a miss-jump, it didn't ;-)

I'm struggling to find the asteroid clusters in Sol, never been a great explorer (my last of the 3 Elite ratings!) - any tips?

The green glow hunt is extremely frustrating & boring; typical FD RNG!
Edit: it’s partly why I think there is definitely something there! If it was a bug or graphics Artefact I think it would occur more frequently!!
But then I spent a long time chasing after the anomalies in the system map of various stars with Han_Zen who first reported them on the thread!

Last edited:
I'm always messing with game mechanics, the things you would normally do... was trying to fly in to Sol yesterday or see if anything unusual happened as I couldn't scan it, the day before I tried jumping to a system whilst in the jet cone of a neutron star... thought trying to jump whilst operating beyond safety limits might cause a miss-jump, it didn't ;-)

I'm struggling to find the asteroid clusters in Sol, never been a great explorer (my last of the 3 Elite ratings!) - any tips?

Fly (fairly) slowly around the belt, say at 1327 ls from Sol which is the middle of the belt. If you select Jupiter you can see its orbit line in SC, then deselect it and fly keeping level with that orbit line and the correct distance from Sol. Asteroid cluster symbol will show up in the left holographic display on the cockpit hud. But they don’t last long! If you want you can occasionally slow down and check your position in the sysmap orrery view. You’ll see it jump 15 sectors when near an “asteroid cluster”; but there are no asteroids there, even if you drop down into normal space!

Except when you mistake the Night vision for the Green glow as I did.

A few seconds of excitement ensued...

No problem! I’m the one who only managed to capture four or five videos of the green glow in a month’s searching!
I did encounter one good example so in my excitement set video recording going then did a capture of the last 5 minutes video, only to find nothing showing on the video recording (too late to get the glow) & the last 5 minutes capture only started when I’d started to video recording so clearly it reset the video buffer! You live and learn! 😁

Edit: but I keep noticing that “detected new signal source” keeps cropping up on the info panel when I’m in the right area. If you drop into normal space that seems to be usually when a SAR ship appears. I wonder if this is another clue and we have to honk within a short time/near distance of that signal detection to get the glow instancing??

Last edited:
the other night while watching a stream on twitch, I saw a player get hyperdicted. thing was the goids did not leave after. they stayed about 400 meters from his ship. like they were waiting for something. he passed it off as a bug, but after unlocking the guardian fsd booster last night, I remembered finding a guardian casket. since the goids like escape pods, has anyone tried giving the casket to a goid ship?

maybe they will give us something in return that will guide us to raxxla?

Michael Brookes states something about the Mars relic I believe in the old ED Fiction Diary 1 about the 10 min mark:

"There’s the alien artifact that was discovered in the solar system, that’s still a mystery, although hopefully start to reveal a little bit more about where that came from in the future. And of course there’s the Thargoids"

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O6z5OK8J5pg&feature=youtu.be

To me, that has always identified the Relic was separate from the Thargoids (likely Guardians) but effectively locked behind a narrative wall.

If the Relic and importantly Sol are or were linked to Raxxla that narrative wall could have already been unlocked (when Guardian content was inserted), or changed (after Guardians were found way too quickly / likely resulting in a lot of narrative either being canned or still in game to be stumbled over) or it is still locked...

Who knows... but my point is MB statement identifies the relic is an important element to the ED narrative (no matter what it is). Its not just lore.

Therefore something is of import within Sol. Now or in the coming narrative...
It is fully possible that there are several steps to the Raxxla mystery. Finding an Ancient alien artefact in Sol’s asteroid belt would be a nice start. Put one of the steps in Shin Des and the Elite requirement is covered as well.

I think that's more of signal sources expire and new ones populate. I tend to get these often enough hanging out in a system in supercruise for extended periods of time.

You could be right there, but I live in hope of more clues. Had another green glow instance when winged with Macros this afternoon, and yet again had finger trouble moving from hotas to keyboard and lost the video!

the other night while watching a stream on twitch, I saw a player get hyperdicted. thing was the goids did not leave after. they stayed about 400 meters from his ship. like they were waiting for something. he passed it off as a bug, but after unlocking the guardian fsd booster last night, I remembered finding a guardian casket. since the goids like escape pods, has anyone tried giving the casket to a goid ship?

maybe they will give us something in return that will guide us to raxxla?

Goids don’t seem to like anything Guardian. You should try to give them the casket, but I expect you’ll just get a quick death. Goid behaviour after a hyperdiction seems more variable than it used to. A while ago I was hyperdicted by 3 Interceptors, but turned off FA and boosted away just before their EMP blast so got to a safe distance. They hung around for a while before disappearing.

Last edited:
Jorki Rasalas
I can confirm green light in belt too. Spotted it today. It's very hard to be in line with asteroid belt. I was slightly under it. Maybe you need to drop off SC when you are exactly in belt?
Well done! It’s good to get independent corroboration. Next step is to tie it down, locate the source (if there is one and it’s not just a strange lighting Artefact) and investigate it!

It is indeed difficult to keep inline with the asteroid belt, much easier to align with Jupiter’s orbit line which is visible once you’re above minimum speed, but not yet sure if that impacts on the green glow instancing. As someone pointed out the other day the orrery view is bugged (I.e. the positional jumps) and not realistic since the asteroid belt is actually a torus with a thickness and IRL some of the asteroids have non-zero orbital inclinations. So perhaps just using Jupiter’s belt would suffice? Might try that tomorrow.

Spent all day (well, several hours) winged with Macros, got one glow instance and I messed up the video capture, again!!! 🥺 I’m going to have to investigate Joystick Gremlin or some other utility to allow me to send the keyboard combination to Windows 10 to control the video capture from the hotas buttons.

If you get through the Omphalos Rift to Raxxla send me a postcard! 😉

Can anyone give a personal comparison of Joystick Gremlin versus AutoHotKey?
I need to convert a hat press to shift+windows+g

This is all ive got...

t4NfXql.jpg

ya sorry - no idea :)

Top Bottom