More jump range is why there are so many unseen systems I think. Who's to say the best systems aren't in the 60+ lys worth of systems you pass by in a jump?
we dont need more jump range, we need the jumping sequance time is shortened. FSD heating up, countdown, jumping animation and in the new system FSD cooldown if you havent fried your pants yet. It takes a lot time when you are trying to do a long journey.

We're stuck arent we? We are going round in circles and clutching at anything that might be a straw but we are completely and utterly stuck. All the 'obvious' ideas have been had and investigated to a degree, nothing wrong with having a go yourself anyway coz it has to be somewhere, do what thou wilt so to speak.

What if it is just random?

Did Frontier in a PEGI 7 game use inspiration from a text by a hard drug user who is generally viewed as Satanic and evil? Possibly not methinks.

Children's Book may well be a nod or homage to MB book, and thats all it is, unless we havent found something in-game yet?

More jump range is why there are so many unseen systems I think. Who's to say the best systems aren't in the 60+ lys worth of systems you pass by in a jump?
Not important, it is 400 billions (9 zeros) of stars, compare with amount of sold copies and calculate years to map. It is still hundreds of years at optimistic numbers.
So this means right today, less then 10 years passed, it is not important how long is your jump or how fast you do jumps.

We're stuck arent we? We are going round in circles and clutching at anything that might be a straw but we are completely and utterly stuck. All the 'obvious' ideas have been had and investigated to a degree, nothing wrong with having a go yourself anyway coz it has to be somewhere, do what thou wilt so to speak.

What if it is just random?

Did Frontier in a PEGI 7 game use inspiration from a text by a hard drug user who is generally viewed as Satanic and evil? Possibly not methinks.

Children's Book may well be a nod or homage to MB book, and thats all it is, unless we havent found something in-game yet?

I think to a certain extent all the... lets say "fringe" religious groups in the various permutations of Elite have been influenced by Crowley and the Golden Dawn along with other occult and secret societies- oh and hippies (probably hopped up on Onionhead). Raxxla in the codex evokes mystical and conspiracy theories... I think its safe to say that it probably was constructed with "Ancient High Technology" (emphasis on the High) as well... :ROFLMAO:

As to being stuck? Nah- we have been going around and around in circles since this thread started ! the hope is that we are spiraling towards the omphalos ;)

Ariel trading beacon remainds me the siren from Disney
There is so much data you have to collect! Are specific NPC-names a hint? There is for example the "Trading Beacon" which spawns a NPC where the ship has the name Ariel. I've seen in screenshots of other players that Trading Beacon-ship is named Ariel, too. So you start researching Ariel, which leads you to "The Tempest" by Shakespeare, where Ceres is also mentioned. Ariel was also imprisoned by the witch Sycorax. And then you must be careful not to start getting confused by The Expanse since it does reference The Tempest, too, through the name Caliban ("Caliban's War").

You correctly mention that we need to look for everything that looks out of place or behaves different than expected. But it is so damn difficult to discriminate between "that was intentional by FDev", "that is a popculture reference" and "that is just a bug".
hmmm Ariel daughter of Triton.. mmkay seem like i have to brute force it!! will try to complete 7 or 32 Ariel trading beacon missions, whats the worst that could happen appart from getting permission to land on Triton...🤔

Ok here is a thought for a concerted search since people seem to be bored :) - I am not a fan of the lets search every system in the bubble approach. I want clues! So I propose we assume that Raxxla is moving and it has an effect on systems/craft it comes in contact with. I can think of atleast three points that might make up part of that Trajectory (Thetis, Herpin, and Delta69). Lets get a list of potential "weird hapenstances" that could be possible raxxla encounters and start seeing if we can map a trajectory. Dates descriptions locations etc... Categorize them...

I think a good place to start would be hitting the EDDB list of tourist beacons and downloading the JSON file and see what comes up with searching various key words. Also - I think Delta69 might be a two parter.... It talks about the stranger as someone from a ship that had disappeared? I dont have it infront of me .. but ya lets check that too. These are all things on my list to do but i thought id open it up if people want to make a project of it. Would also be nice to come up with a possible explanation for raxxla being mobile - either as a rouge planet or as some kind of ship ? How and why is it traveling ? o7

Ok here is a thought for a concerted search since people seem to be bored :) - I am not a fan of the lets search every system in the bubble approach. I want clues! So I propose we assume that Raxxla is moving and it has an effect on systems/craft it comes in contact with. I can think of atleast three points that might make up part of that Trajectory (Thetis, Herpin, and Delta69). Lets get a list of potential "weird hapenstances" that could be possible raxxla encounters and start seeing if we can map a trajectory. Dates descriptions locations etc... Categorize them...

I think a good place to start would be hitting the EDDB list of tourist beacons and downloading the JSON file and see what comes up with searching various key words. Also - I think Delta69 might be a two parter.... It talks about the stranger as someone from a ship that had disappeared? I dont have it infront of me .. but ya lets check that too. These are all things on my list to do but i thought id open it up if people want to make a project of it. Would also be nice to come up with a possible explanation for raxxla being mobile - either as a rouge planet or as some kind of ship ? How and why is it traveling ? o7
This is a good starting point, I’ve been thinking along the same line regards the Thetis, just keep getting distracted.

Yup key word search anything which could be related, a link analysis of those may point someplace, or physically plotting them in the galmap to see what sort of spatial correlation there is, if it’s temporal, that could indicate movement and any spacial alignment could become a trajectory.

Again this has been on my to-do list for some time. I’m on board. Can’t confirm my commitment as RL takes precedence right now but will be doing as much ‘off line’ research as I can.

Ok here is a quick look (rough map) at some of those systems that raxxla might have passed.... but they kind of line up....
51864cl.jpg

Last edited:
I think to a certain extent all the... lets say "fringe" religious groups in the various permutations of Elite have been influenced by Crowley and the Golden Dawn along with other occult and secret societies- oh and hippies (probably hopped up on Onionhead). Raxxla in the codex evokes mystical and conspiracy theories... I think its safe to say that it probably was constructed with "Ancient High Technology" (emphasis on the High) as well... :ROFLMAO:

As to being stuck? Nah- we have been going around and around in circles since this thread started ! the hope is that we are spiraling towards the omphalos ;)
78.PNG

93.PNG

wink.PNG

Did we ever get confirmation that the Winking Cat was 'fluff' or 'solve' whatever mystery it was leading us towards?

I was just reviewing older material (again) and had a thought about the 17th, 20th, 23rd centuries which could be 17:00, 20:00, 23:00 times that Raxxla 'jumps' or a black hole 'appears and opens as a portal'. So perhaps scanning in a system earlier or later might mean you miss it? Hence the related comments about groups scanning, or more people et al... as that would increase the probability of discovery.

Just a thought.

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.

Could be rotating on the outer rim! 😉

Could be rotating on the outer rim! 😉
Ya sounds better than spiraling down the drain i guess.

Did we ever get confirmation that the Winking Cat was 'fluff' or 'solve' whatever mystery it was leading us towards?

Would have been interesting if there was some development there... See there are all sorts of opportunities in Odyssey... we could actually see a gallery which gets art stolen and a winking cat left behind...

It was never confirmed as fluff / lore only in the same way as Gan Romero (Gon Roamin' ?) was but strong implication is it was. They could bring it back though and make a story of it...but its a bit like Raxxla, if you actually catch the Cat its all over.
The Raxxla thing will never be over. Even if the actual Raxxla was ever found, enough people will refuse to believe it actually is the real Raxxla, and the search will continue. The winking cat isn't as old a mystery a Raxxla is, so yeah, that would be over

The Raxxla thing will never be over. Even if the actual Raxxla was ever found, enough people will refuse to believe it actually is the real Raxxla, and the search will continue. The winking cat isn't as old a mystery a Raxxla is, so yeah, that would be over
And those that DO believe it's Raxxla would argue about which sect should be set up to control it, and what god(s) it should be dedicated to, and whether it's compliant with lore!

And how much better it used to be in the old days before all the young ladies left Lave and before the brandy & biscuits ran out..... :eek:
oh sorry, that's me wondering off topic again. 👨‍🦳

Top Bottom