Nah. As far as I'm concerned, I quit hitting on onionhead years ago. Still have some side effects tho :)
But on another hallucinogenic note, I'm on Odyssey and I'm seeing some weird dots and lines in the loading screen "behind" the orange rotating ship. Like a {gasp} code/cypher thing. But unfortunately, my vastly underwhelming computer skills haven't produced a decent screenshot or movie capture of it.
Can anyone confirm them, or am I going to have to go to detox again?

Ya I gotta lay off the onionhead myself... Hmmm secret codes behind the orange ship you say.... will investigate. !

Edit... Hmmmmmmm

pjtMCaj.jpg

V4EJix2.jpg

Last edited:
Mmm
Thought on first sight it’s Morse Code, but the dashes have several lengths so not pukka Morse. Also looks like it’s only part of a message with the blank area from the top symbol to the rest at the bottom. Might be worth observing for
(a) several different ships by one owner
(b) one ship type by several different owners
(c) several different ship types by several owners
And...
i’ve lost the thread, bad night,, awake at 02:00, dog wanted me up at 05:30
Need more coffee!!!😔

Edit: is this “message” embossed on the ship’s surface & therefore rotates with it? Is it a static message or does it change with time?

Of course that might have been retconned! It was the opinion of just one character iirc.

Anyone else having problems with galmap in Horizons since last thursday's update? It's driving me mad and most frustrating! Cant select a star to set it as destination. I've spent 15 mins trying to select route from Muang to Wyrd, mouse click on Wyrd to select/plot route/open sysmap to select engineers base and the cursor just moves keeps moving back to Muang every time.

What a game!!! Beginning to think management has upset one or more coders!
Edit: no, my finger trouble! Had accidentally bound mouse1 to “select current system” ! Doh 🤓

Last edited:
Mmm
Thought on first sight it’s Morse Code, but the dashes have several lengths so not pukka Morse. Also looks like it’s only part of a message with the blank area from the top symbol to the rest at the bottom. Might be worth observing for
(a) several different ships by one owner
(b) one ship type by several different owners
(c) several different ship types by several owners
And...
i’ve lost the thread, bad night,, awake at 02:00, dog wanted me up at 05:30
Need more coffee!!!😔

Edit: is this “message” embossed on the ship’s surface & therefore rotates with it? Is it a static message or does it change with time?
Good, so it's not a hallucination. Unless it's a collective one. :)
I don't think it's Morse either. But it looks somewhat familiar.
Can only confirm that it's in the orange background, it doesn't rotate with the ship.

Good, so it's not a hallucination. Unless it's a collective one. :)
I don't think it's Morse either. But it looks somewhat familiar.
Can only confirm that it's in the orange background, it doesn't rotate with the ship.
Ya reminds me of the dots and dashes we see floating around planets. Like Jorki said - might be good to get snapshots from different commanders and with different ship backgrounds to see if the message changes.

I was looking in the galmap and couldn't help but notice the constellation for Corona Borealis constellation isn't shown with the rest on the map.

View attachment 237394
Never really looked myself, tried it once on day one but was unimpressed by how it all looked, as I noticed it doesn’t show everything either. So much like everything in ED put it down as either a bug or just poorly implemented.

How many of the constellations are shown in Gal map? I’m suspecting from memory it’s only the 12 astrological ones? But that’s just my vague recollection. From memory there ought to be 88 in total, not including any historical ones which were mothballed due to fashion.

Again a good identification of a potential key identifier, hidden in plain sight - what is in gal map, and what isn’t, what are the correlating factors, is it arbitrary, are they astronomical, astrological, or something else.

Never really looked myself, tried it once on day one but was unimpressed by how it all looked, as I noticed it doesn’t show everything either. So much like everything in ED put it down as either a bug or just poorly implemented.

How many of the constellations are shown in Hal map? I’m suspecting from memory it’s only the 12 astrological ones? But that’s just my vague recollection. From memory there ought to be 88 in total, not including any historical ones which were mothballed due to fashion.

Again a good identification of a potential key identifier, hidden in plain sight - what is in gal map, and what isn’t, what are the correlating factors, is it arbitrary, are they astronomical, astrological, or something else.
You're probably right. I was focusing here still because of Alphekka being 'the Jewel' and all. It's pretty easy for something like this to dress itself as a clue or evidence of something if I'd like it to be

But still it’s a valid idea, it could be this obvious, with those with eyes to see?

Puzzles within ED have only become absurd over following years due to the player base responding to FD puzzles with dismay, at how easy they used to be. Raxxla technically pre-dates much of these, and surprisingly doesn’t enter much of the communities consciousness, as it’s probably seen as impossible or just not in game. So there is nothing to say the solution isn’t starring us in the face.

Dose not mean that there isn’t a very obvious clue in game, which everyone simply walks around.

Complacency is a hallmark of human behaviour. I would never disown any idea out of hand, as our own bias is likely to be our Achilles heel, in being able to observe Raxxla.

*edited:

Again many site MB - there will be no clues; so they don’t scrutinise, but it’s equally applicable MB said that just in context to the interview at that time; or it’s an admission it’s all ‘narrative’ driven?

In that respect one can’t really apply it to the game, not without accepting our interpretations are biased.

Your idea is as valid as any, we just need to compare / contrast.

Last edited:
But still it’s a valid idea, it could be this obvious, with those with eyes to see?

Puzzles within ED have only become absurd over following years due to the player base responding to FD puzzles with dismay, at how easy they used to be. Raxxla technically pre-dates much of these, and surprisingly doesn’t enter much of the communities consciousness, as it’s probably seen as impossible or just not in game. So there is nothing to say the solution isn’t starring us in the face.

Dose not mean that there isn’t a very obvious clue in game, which everyone simply walks around.

Complacency is a hallmark of human behaviour. I would never disown any idea out of hand, as our own bias is likely to be our own biggest weakness in being able to observe Raxxla.
So, perhaps 'eyes to see' this constellation myself without galmap help 🤷‍♂️.

On a related note. Could someone tell me how I would use the FSS to listen to background noise in the skybox? How can you tell if you're hearing something worth investigating and then how would you go about figuring out where it originated?

Top Bottom