I got a laugh from the prison cell computer screens...

0NFJQ91.jpg
Subtle Easter egg message to management and players?

Google hiccup or another not-so-subtle prison reference? The image is of another MB who is a professor of criminology working in counselling and the like in the prison system.
Yes - my point was, it’s clearly an example of how you can’t trust open source information, completely, there is far too much of it, it’s open to interpretation, most of it is hogwash and the rest may be poorly signposted or filed.

Should I be the first to suggest starting a thread to collect those images ?

Nah, collect em here, that way only those of us 'with eyes to see' on this thread can have the info, screw the rest of em they gave up years ago ;) When we find it we will share it by DM with all posters on this thread and not tell anybody else at all ever, let them find their own way there :)

Nah, collect em here, that way only those of us 'with eyes to see' on this thread can have the info, screw the rest of em they gave up years ago ;) When we find it we will share it by DM with all posters on this thread and not tell anybody else at all ever, let them find their own way there :)
I agree. Most raxxla theories anywhere else on the forum are met with a fair amount of disbelief and ridicule. Just look at the thargoid queen thread. Yea his posts were cryptic but I seen some of what he did in the thargoid machine and get where his ideas come from. The community wanted this poor cmdr drawn and quarter. Smh

Feeling pretty dejected concerning FD generally following Arthur Tolmie’s confirmation (appreciated for his honesty) the other night that interiors (off topic) were not a considered direction.

Theorising on the ‘why’s’ and ‘whatfores’ about FD’s development modus operandi has only bolstered my own hypothesis about Raxxla being currently none-accessible (albeit ‘out there’), in respect that it’s probably just a narrative drop asset.

I need to do some proper searching of the mind to find a reason to keep playing this game, because as time moves on I’m getting the distinct feeling we have been lied to; not directly concerning Raxxla, but the ‘spirit’ of ED generally.

My expectations were dented when Odyssey dropped, and I could see the writing on the wall before the initial demo, the confirmation around interiors and why it’s not happening only bolster these feelings and theories. I don’t feel any loss, I never expected interiors, just saddens me to think FD aren’t as imaginative as they used to be prior to 2017.

My only hope, is that FD optimise Odyssey to a state where it is playable. I may find some comfort in that, and at least now I can put to rest my ‘obsession’ and maybe shift my energies elsewhere.

My only solace concerning this game has been this community, particularly this thread and others.

I’m not leaving (backer / lifetime pass holder); just...

Source: https://youtu.be/u6OgLrmoI4c

Last edited:
Feeling pretty dejected concerning FD generally following Arthur Tolmie’s confirmation (appreciated for his honesty) the other night that interiors (off topic) were not a considered direction.

Theorising on the ‘why’s’ and ‘whatfores’ about FD’s development modus operandi has only bolstered my own hypothesis about Raxxla being currently none-accessible (albeit ‘out there’), in respect that it’s probably just a narrative drop asset.

I need to do some proper searching of the mind to find a reason to keep playing this game, because as time moves on I’m getting the distinct feeling we have been lied to; not directly concerning Raxxla, but the ‘spirit’ of ED generally.

My expectations were dented when Odyssey dropped, and I could see the writing on the wall before the initial demo, the confirmation around interiors and why it’s not happening only bolster these feelings and theories. I don’t feel any loss, I never expected interiors, just saddens me to think FD aren’t as imaginative as they used to be prior to 2017.

My only hope, is that FD optimise Odyssey to a state where it is playable. I may find some comfort in that, and at least now I can put to rest my ‘obsession’ and maybe shift my energies elsewhere.

My only solace concerning this game has been this community, particularly this thread and others.

I’m not leaving (backer / lifetime pass holder); just...

Source: https://youtu.be/u6OgLrmoI4c
I agree, I think Raxxla is currently not in the game. We never got a clear, honest answer directly from anyone working at Frontier Developments that is somewhat recent. I think there are two options, but both coming down to the fact that Raxxla is currently NOT ingame.

Either Raxxla is not in game and it was a "lie" to get players to explore or to keep some sort of old mystery in the game. Raxxla has been mentioned in the way older games and they wanted to keep that up. So it's not in the game.

Or Raxxla is not accesable/in the game right now, but they plan on using it in the lore-story. This could be backed up by the fact that they really want to keep the future storyline a secret and generaly don't allow anyone to talk much about it. But it comes once again down to the fact that Raxxla is not ingame.

There are currently only 2/3 data logs that vaguely describe a possible Raxxla. Either those are refering to something else or it suggest that Raxxla will be used in the future storyline.

Yes, it would be kind of a scum thing to do to keep people looking for 6 years. Otherwise they want to keep the mystery up. Either way if it's fake at least we deserve to know after 6 years if it won't be used in the storyline. But I am 99% sure that Raxxla is currently not accesable. Should we close this threat? No, I don't think so. I mean it's fun to come together and talk about it but it's safe to say everything Raxxla related is drying out. It's a fun thing to learn about but it's not fun to being lied to and looking for something that doesn't exist.
Once again for those who would disagree, we haven't gotten any recent official respons to anything Raxxla related.

Once again for those who would disagree, we haven't gotten any recent official respons to anything Raxxla related.
I don't think we will get anything from FD. All hints they want to give us, will be in the game. They have given us a few mission texts and the codex, so far. This hasn't been enough for us to verify if Raxxla is accessible or where it might be.
I would not be surprised if there are a missions or tourist beacons added in Odyssey, that gives a few more bread crumbs. I will wait for the console release before i'm sure there is nothing new, this time.

Personally I lean to the idea that Raxxla is in the game and accessible, but practically impossible to find. I don't think it shows on scans.

My search for Raxxla isn't about finding it. It's more about collecting information and ideas to be able to add new info to the puzzle, when it becomes available in the game.

@Rochester : you’re suffering from Raxxlitis, a deep depression due to an excess of fernweh and grind. Have a break, do something else. It’s a game so if you’re not having fun then do something different! Life is too short to waste! (I’m not far off my three score and ten! 👴🏻). You can always participate in this thread, even if you’re not actively involved in the search!

@MrShinyTorterra : your logic is faulty! Why should FD continue to give statements about Raxxla? DB has said its in-game, end of story. Either look for it or don’t, that’s up to you. If you dont think it’s in-game and can’t be found then you’re trolling this thread. 🤬

I think Raxxla is in-game, and is findable by anyone looking in the right place. However I think activating it by honking when you’re at the right place could involve RNGesus, with a random-number activation process that probably has not been updated since the gamma, and some of us remember how difficult FD initially made many RNG processes until the playerbase complained loudly and they eased things off a bit. However I also suspect that there is a mechanism to assist that localisation via TDW. Even if the “right place” and honking is all that’s required to trigger it then it’s still a needle in a haystack. E.G. If you have to be within, say,10km when you honk and its orbiting a planet/moon at, say ~1ls (300,000 km) radius then area of sphere=1.13097×10^12 sq km, so ~1.13x10^11 “detection cells” and you’ve got to be in the right one to trigger it. So ~ 1 in 100,000,000,000 chance of finding it.

My opinion, I consider it the most probable, is that Raxxla is still not in the game, and FD's statement that this is the end of the story should be taken literally. In other words, the Physical (game, if you like) manifestation of Raxxla will appear only in the very last, or one of the last patches for the game, at the end of the life cycle, but not earlier.
Also, more or less direct indications, or directions of how and where to look for it, also should not be expected before this period.
But nevertheless, froniters can add some references, some hints (as they already did) that will help us in our search, although now they mostly lead to the wrong place (because we do not have the main key)

Top Bottom