The reason I’ve been spending some time in Shinrarta is because it seems to be an obvious major step in the “personal journey” , and it’s where TDW is based. It occured to me that if I were to try hiding a TDW station I would hide it in permit-locked Shinrarta, in an asteroid belt. I investigated the main AA belt, all clusters. I found that when I entered the clusters I found an expanding cloud of debris; tried this several times and it happened every time, which I think reduces the probability of a mining commander in another instance causing the cloud. So is this a clue?? I mapped all the planets and belts. AB1, 2 & 3 have belts with mineral hot spots, so not good places for hiding something-there would be too much interest from miners. But AB2J has an icy ring, so less mining interest likely. Ive spent all afternoon fruitlessly flying around in SC trying to spot something in/near that ring by parallax, Ive dropped into the ring and got hull damage, Ive also dropped into a couple of Convoy USS, I spotted a couple of ships dropping out at AB2C but didnt get there before the wake disappeared....

Edit: and ranked up to full Admiral too! 🙂

Last edited:
The name of Ariel can be attributed to the Archangel Uriel (John Dee).

Within John Milton's Paradise Lost, Ariel was another rebel angel who fell with Lucifer; whereas Uriel was an Archangel who was 'Regent of the Sun' who directed Lucifer to Earth.

As the moon of Uranus it obviously brings up the association to the muse Urania and the Silent song of the spheres, essentially the outer rim of Milton's pendant universe?

1633458617243.png

David Gilmour “Rattle that lock”.

Post in thread 'The Quest To Find Raxxla' https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-9496027

Last edited:
The reason I’ve been spending some time in Shinrarta is because it seems to be an obvious major step in the “personal journey” , and it’s where TDW is based. It occured to me that if I were to try hiding a TDW station I would hide it in permit-locked Shinrarta, in an asteroid belt. I investigated the main AA belt, all clusters. I found that when I entered the clusters I found an expanding cloud of debris; tried this several times and it happened every time, which I think reduces the probability of a mining commander in another instance causing the cloud. So is this a clue?? I mapped all the planets and belts. AB1, 2 & 3 have belts with mineral hot spots, so not good places for hiding something-there would be too much interest from miners. But AB2J has an icy ring, so less mining interest likely. Ive spent all afternoon fruitlessly flying around in SC trying to spot something in/near that ring by parallax, Ive dropped into the ring and got hull damage, Ive also dropped into a couple of Convoy USS, I spotted a couple of ships dropping out at AB2C but didnt get there before the wake disappeared....
Didn't they say that TDW station would be around the 8th moon of a gas giant?

Edit: and ranked up to full Admiral too! 🙂

you mentioned earlier the waters of shintara and why the name change/difference? Was wondering about that … tara (indoeuropean) star… also related to mother goddess /sea goddess

the buddhist tara is also princess… interesting

If we look at the explanation of shinrarta dezhra name… the shin is supposed to mean life. So possibly we have “water of life star” …. Or “water of life mother” ?

just spitballing…

you mentioned earlier the waters of shintara and why the name change/difference? Was wondering about that … tara (indoeuropean) star… also related to mother goddess /sea goddess

If we look at the explanation of shinrarta dezhra name… the shin is supposed to mean life. So possibly we have “water of life star” …. Or “water of life mother” ?

just spitballing…
Aslo taking from that Tara Hindu link "Mother of all Buddhas" mother of all galaxys..........

no one thought that the GCRV 3533 elite dangerous could be the jewel in the crown?
I remember heading out that way and wanting to go there but getting distracted by something else.... Its intriguing... should be part of the LMC... and i especially like it just for that.

Didn't they say that TDW station would be around the 8th moon of a gas giant?
The Codex attributes that to “self-professed Dark Wheel expert Lyta Crane”.....”however, rival experts have accused Crane of forging her evidence in order to maintain the revenue from her billions of followers”

So there is quite a bit of doubt hanging over what she says. It may be true, it may be lies, it may be obfuscated half-truth. I think the latter is more likely. I suspect that the TDW station does exist but is not at the 8th moon of a gas giant, but is nearby. ShinDez AB2j is the tenth moon of a GG, sufficiently close to the 8th moon to be valid, sufficiently far and uninteresting to be valid as obfuscation. TDW arent going to make it easy to find their hidden station! It’s also the last moon of AB2, so could fit the old mission’s “obfuscated on the outer rim”

Someone once said dont believe everything you’re told in ED, some characters are lying!

Edit:
Which leads to another thought- the old (possibly deleted) Elite/Founder missions at Shinrarta might have been clues to finding the TDW hidden station instead of Raxxla. Apparently the data crystals in the black box retrieval mission did not appear to be Guardian crystals. In 3307 humanity uses crystals to store data...
And I wonder if that’s what the TDW toast is about?

Edit2:
and AB2c, where a couple of NPCs dropped out of SC is a non-landable moon, which would be another good place to hide TDW station.

Last edited:

just spitballing…
And from that reference Tara...”In the early Sanskrit tradition, she was also known as Dhruva, the Pole Star,” which is reminiscent of Axis Mundi & omphalos... 🧐

So is Shintara typical FD misspelling, or is it a clue disguised as a spelling mistake?

Edit: both Tara and Dhruva are in-game systems!

Last edited:
A few points that might suggest that the Axis Mundi system isn't completely useless.

Axis Mundi is located at: Right ascension: 1h 28m 3.483s / Declination: -47° 37'24.235''. This is in the southern hemisphere.
If we look in the opposite direction on the same axis from Sol, we get Right ascension: 13h 28m 3.483s / Declination: 47° 37'24.235''. This is in the Canes Venatici constellation.

Canes Venatici contains a few interesting characteristics, that can be linked to the Codex on Raxxla:

• Cor Caroli (Charles's Heart) is the brightest star. The Cor, Cora, Core mentions have been reoccurring in ED since the start.
  • Cor Caroli is also the top star of the Great Diamond asterism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Diamond . This asterism completely encapsulates the Coma Berenices constellation, that contains the Galactic North pole. This could well be considered a jewel burning on the brow of the Milky Way.
  • The Giant Void, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Void . The Giant Void in Canes Venatici is the largest galactic void in the northern hemisphere. Don't know if there is a siren in there, but it could be worth checking.
  • The closest major object to the Right ascension: 13h 28m 3.483s / Declination: 47° 37'24.235'', is the Whirlpool Galaxy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirlpool_Galaxy. It is the first discovered spiral galaxy. The first spiralling stars.

And from that reference Tara...”In the early Sanskrit tradition, she was also known as Dhruva, the Pole Star,” which is reminiscent of Axis Mundi & omphalos... 🧐

So is Shintara typical FD misspelling, or is it a clue disguised as a spelling mistake?

Edit: both Tara and Dhruva are in-game systems!
Mmm, continued reading that wiki on axis mundi & there are some interesting examples.
in-game systems are Kunlun (“The Middle Kingdom, China, had a central mountain, Kunlun, known in Taoist literature as "the mountain at the middle of the world."”), Sumeru and there was also Mount Meru (from Hindu, Jain & Buddhist cosmology)-there is a Meru Kwarid in-game.

A few points that might suggest that the Axis Mundi system isn't completely useless.

Axis Mundi is located at: Right ascension: 1h 28m 3.483s / Declination: -47° 37'24.235''. This is in the southern hemisphere.
If we look in the opposite direction on the same axis from Sol, we get Right ascension: 13h 28m 3.483s / Declination: 47° 37'24.235''. This is in the Canes Venatici constellation.

Canes Venatici contains a few interesting characteristics, that can be linked to the Codex on Raxxla:

• Cor Caroli (Charles's Heart) is the brightest star. The Cor, Cora, Core mentions have been reoccurring in ED since the start.
  • Cor Caroli is also the top star of the Great Diamond asterism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Diamond . This asterism completely encapsulates the Coma Berenices constellation, that contains the Galactic North pole. This could well be considered a jewel burning on the brow of the Milky Way.
  • The Giant Void, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Void . The Giant Void in Canes Venatici is the largest galactic void in the northern hemisphere. Don't know if there is a siren in there, but it could be worth checking.
  • The closest major object to the Right ascension: 13h 28m 3.483s / Declination: 47° 37'24.235'', is the Whirlpool Galaxy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirlpool_Galaxy. It is the first discovered spiral galaxy. The first spiralling stars.
Like it! But a theory has to fit all the data.
What about lover’s woe & parent’s grief? (Still suspect Broken Heart is a good answer here). 😉

Last edited:
Just a passing thought, while pondering on axis mundi etc, but Polaris might answer “Jewel on the brow of the mother of galaxies”, since Earth is at the human-centric centre of the Milky Way, and brow is overhead, & it’s (currently) the Pole Star. Bit far-fetched perhaps, but not sure if anyone has raised that possibility.

As far as I remember from Ptolemy, the center was the Earth.
I wonder if the word Raxxla could be written in Greek letters.

Ohh that didnt occur to me, that the entire Art Tornqvist journal can be description to find Raxxla.

Like it! But a theory has to fit all the data.
What about lover’s woe & parent’s grief? (Still suspect Broken Heart is a good answer here). 😉
I did read about Astrophel and Stella which was written by Phillip Sidney. And his life contains all about the lovers woe and parents grief.

"No one since 1935 has seriously doubted that Sidney intended the first readers of Astropil and Stella, whoever they may have been, to link "Stella" with Lady Rich. The exact nature of Sidney's relationship with the famous beauty is another and much more ticklish matter ..."[11]

I made extensive search in their names and children but nothing come up as intresting. But I can have made an error somewhere down the way.

Just a passing thought, while pondering on axis mundi etc, but Polaris might answer “Jewel on the brow of the mother of galaxies”, since Earth is at the human-centric centre of the Milky Way, and brow is overhead, & it’s (currently) the Pole Star. Bit far-fetched perhaps, but not sure if anyone has raised that possibility.
So now you got me thinking about Polaris again.... it does have a few other names...

1. Stella Polaris - link to Philip Sidney's "Astrophil and Stella" theories on "Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars" (P.S. Polaris does spiral!)
  2. Lodestar - A journey everyone has to make for themselves....

Etymology​

From Middle English lode (“journey, course”) +‎ star, where lode is an archaic noun from the verb lithe (“to go, journey”), related to lead. Other Middle English spellings include: 14th century loode sterre, lood-sterre, lade-sterne; and 15th century lode sterre. Cognate with Old Norse leiðarstjarna, Dutch leidster, German Leitstern, Danish ledestjerne, Swedish ledstjärna.
Edit...

Almost forgot... In Norse mythology the Pole Star is the jewel on the end of the spike that the gods stuck through the universe and around which the sky revolves.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom