Your correct, in hindsight I ought have worded it differently omitting Raxxla and focused on the dark Wheel, but I thought whatever…

I was a little taken aback by their admission concerning Polaris, so I wondered if there was a new policy in place; plus I was using a loaded question focused on advertised game elements being in place and ‘actionable’, eg they’re not just place holders like Polaris.

It was a wild shot in the dark but I thought it worked once why not twice?

I think a lot of what Braben said was corporate generic talk, not wanting to confirm himself to specifics, in hindsight at the time he was selling a product.

Everything he said could be attributed to various in game attributes, such as progress through the Elite ranks, or permit locks, again it’s word play and some of what he wanted to be in the game never came to pass.

I agree the so called invite has never occurred, but maybe it did, but just got moved..

My running theory is that it was the Elite permit to SD Founders Planet; from there the older Dark Wheel missions.

Drew commented on this forum that yes the DW faction were circa 2017 a front, so maybe those missions for the data spheres where said test…

Post in thread 'The Quest To Find Raxxla'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-9529268
Since the lore purge of 2017 I suspect those missions were bugged, and moved elsewhere, to where no one truly knows.

Questioning FD about those missions ‘again’ might be useful. Not in an ‘we’re after clues’ but more of a ‘you sold us a product (missions) it was broken - have you fixed it’ etc.

Last edited:
Oh, I don't mind old sales talk failing to appear- no problem at all, I fully understand they're under commercial and game development priorities/restrictions.
But I think the SD permit is the EPF membership, and it can't really be said to be a secret organisation with the invitation restricted by reputation; rep plays no part in the SD permit. So what was he talking about?
PF is secretive, but we're inducted when we get the first Sidey so no membership test (npc are apparently not members, go figure!), so cant be that.
TDW as described in the Codex meets the spec, but it appears nobody has ever achieved membership.

I'd like to have it confirmed that
a) TDW as a secret society that we can join is in-game
b) that membership invitation test is regularly tested, because we have had plenty of bugs that have prevented storyline events until the community pointed them out. Hyford's Cache perhaps being the most recent.

Note: I'm not asking HOW to gain membership, just asking whether it's worth my time continuing to play (in some physical discomfort mind!) to solve a puzzle that the Chief Dev has said (and the in-game Codex supports) is in -game, but which experience suggests is not !

Last edited:
Mmm, I think you made a tactical error, since any question related to Raxxla is ignored; I suspect this is a DB-mandated company policy! The first rule of Raxxla is you don’t talk about Raxxla! I think you might have stood a better chance of getting an answer related solely to TDW.

Remember the DB Youtube video ( “ED has a story that "embraces all the players"
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gDh9G1gDgMU) where he talked about an invitation to join a secret organisation as being an event that happens at a certain point in a player’s progression/journey through the game.

At 8 mins 20 he said ED does have a story, but it’s not a single-player threaded “rescue the princess” style story, it’s a story of your progression through the game, we will have things that happen to you at certain stages through the game, you’ll get invited to join things. If you get invited to join a secret organisation that’s a thing that can happen to lots of players, if you don’t get that invitation you’ll think to yourself why? I did kill that policeman the other day, maybe I need to get my reputation higher”....
I'll be honest it broke my heart watching that video. I'd had seen it back in the day but forgot about it.

It took me back to those magical days when backing players had the opportunity to be involved in the development of the game, which is what made me sad watching the video again. We're very much outside of the game now and get handed to us on a plate whatever they decide to deliver. The only time we have input is when we all yell out that something is really rubbish (like the exobiology mini-game that didn't go down well).

TBH that video was back in 2014 and I feel in my heart that DB had good intentions when he commented on various things you outlined above. Time moved on, the DDF was severed and they needed new blood to feed the game - not people who were only capable of funding through the store via ship kits & skins, outfits and laser/engine colours etc. I think the severance with the original player base hasn't been good - for example, 2/3rds of players I have in my friends list haven't logged on since before EDO, and that says a lot to me.
Now, to my knowledge, after 7 years of gameplay we have had not a single player claim to have achieved membership of any such secret society (I am not counting the EPF, which I think we get at Elite status and certainly doesnt involve any notoriety value). So I want to know
IS THERE REALLY SUCH A SECRET SOCIETY IN-GAME?
IS THAT SECRET SOCIETY TDW?
IS THE MEMBERSHIP TEST/INVITATION REGULARLY TESTED BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORKING!

The whole Raxxla/TDW thing could do with some love WRT your comment about 7 years of game play. It had such a great mystery and air about it in the early days, yet with nobody (publicly) having had any sightings, it's starting to become really, really unfunny. Massively frustrating is a better description, expletives removed because of forum rules of course. I've watched this thread slowly grind to a halt at times because, AFAIK, we've nearly run out of ideas with the number of things players have tried. Yet, still no beans. Nothing. Nada. A void.

They don't (and won't) give us any clues - but just being frank and saying (for example), "To find Raxxla or get an invite to TDW you need to be triple/quadruple Elite even if you're a founder" would at least be an out-of-game clue that would re-inspire the hunt for me. I'm a Founder with 1x Elite, which would actually make me get the other two if they said that - and hence, play the game more (probably).

I think you can get Elite missions even if you're not Elite being a Founder, plus access to Shinrarta Dezhra; that's it. I backed the game to get DDF, 'god-like powers' (out of game in decisions, IIRC) and to be a Founder. I thought it would mean so much more that what it does and what they gave us (and then took it away).

As such I don't feel like a Founder of the Elite any more. More like a Flounder.

I've got some notes scribbled down that I am still occasionally researching that I want to share - it's mainly about looking more in-game for clues. However, my steam for finding anything hidden in this game - even outside of the remit of Raxxla/TDW, is at it's lowest ebb ever. I'm running out of steam. Still love this game and EDO has brought me back to the game, and I look forward to new content in the years to come.

Yes my head of steam has gone off the boil. Particularly now that playing is physically painful.
Yes, I don’t want any explanation or answers, but I’d also like the search to be reinvigorated!

I"m just wondering: fdevs said Raxxla is in game.
But they never (or i missed it) said it was accessible, right?
So technically, fdevs didn't lie...

I'll be honest it broke my heart watching that video. I'd had seen it back in the day but forgot about it.

It took me back to those magical days when backing players had the opportunity to be involved in the development of the game, which is what made me sad watching the video again. We're very much outside of the game now and get handed to us on a plate whatever they decide to deliver. The only time we have input is when we all yell out that something is really rubbish (like the exobiology mini-game that didn't go down well).

TBH that video was back in 2014 and I feel in my heart that DB had good intentions when he commented on various things you outlined above. Time moved on, the DDF was severed and they needed new blood to feed the game - not people who were only capable of funding through the store via ship kits & skins, outfits and laser/engine colours etc. I think the severance with the original player base hasn't been good - for example, 2/3rds of players I have in my friends list haven't logged on since before EDO, and that says a lot to me.

The whole Raxxla/TDW thing could do with some love WRT your comment about 7 years of game play. It had such a great mystery and air about it in the early days, yet with nobody (publicly) having had any sightings, it's starting to become really, really unfunny. Massively frustrating is a better description, expletives removed because of forum rules of course. I've watched this thread slowly grind to a halt at times because, AFAIK, we've nearly run out of ideas with the number of things players have tried. Yet, still no beans. Nothing. Nada. A void.

They don't (and won't) give us any clues - but just being frank and saying (for example), "To find Raxxla or get an invite to TDW you need to be triple/quadruple Elite even if you're a founder" would at least be an out-of-game clue that would re-inspire the hunt for me. I'm a Founder with 1x Elite, which would actually make me get the other two if they said that - and hence, play the game more (probably).

I think you can get Elite missions even if you're not Elite being a Founder, plus access to Shinrarta Dezhra; that's it. I backed the game to get DDF, 'god-like powers' (out of game in decisions, IIRC) and to be a Founder. I thought it would mean so much more that what it does and what they gave us (and then took it away).

As such I don't feel like a Founder of the Elite any more. More like a Flounder.

I've got some notes scribbled down that I am still occasionally researching that I want to share - it's mainly about looking more in-game for clues. However, my steam for finding anything hidden in this game - even outside of the remit of Raxxla/TDW, is at it's lowest ebb ever. I'm running out of steam. Still love this game and EDO has brought me back to the game, and I look forward to new content in the years to come.
Don’t be dejected Cmdr,

Why not share you ramblings and maybe it’ll be that 1 element that enlightens us all; perspective can be altered and maybe it might give some others that incentive to dive back into the void?

This thread is probably, by far the best thing about Elite for myself because it encapsulates the shear spirit of exploration.

My practical scientific side assumes a great deal and is somewhat dejected itself, knowing within all reasonable doubt Raxxla probably isn’t actionable.

Where as my creative side is encouraged by any tangible sliver, any reference which will give me that insensitive to pick out just 1 star to billions and set out again.

the most stupid question, but still: no one has a question why Jupiter uranium and neptune have belts and why uranium is closer than neptune?

Attachments

• 1634933474990.png
    1634933474990.png
    550.4 KB · Views: 73
the most stupid question, but still: no one has a question why Jupiter uranium and neptune have belts and why uranium is closer than neptune?
Jupiter, URANUS & Neptune all have rings, though nothing like Saturn's. Uranus is also closer to the Sun that Neptune is.

Jupiter, URANUS & Neptune all have rings, though nothing like Saturn's. Uranus is also closer to the Sun that Neptune is.
but google says the opposite.........
I remove the question about uranium, confused it with pluton

Attachments

• 1634934139236.png
    1634934139236.png
    259.4 KB · Views: 54
From lore do we know the range of the early interstellar unmanned probes? I suspect Raxxla may have been found by one of these. According to the ED Timeline “hundreds of automated probes were sent to all nearby systems”, which suggests hundreds of systems were explored remotely. However the Timeline and date of Raxxla first rumour also suggests Raxxla should be within a bubble encompassing Sol (permit), and the first colonies of Tau Ceti, Delta Pavonis, Altair (aka Alpha Aquilae), Beta Hydri (permit), Eotienses, Achenar (permit), & maybe Arcturus.

I suspect that Raxxla is hidden & difficult to find, but that is based on searching Sol (previously reported reasons, based on flimsy evidence and I freely acknowledge that reasoning may be flawed). It is also possible that Raxxla is hidden elsewhere in this bubble but is not so difficult to detect.

Alpha Aquilae is a possibility from the Greek legend of the Omphalos (codex reference) and Zeus’ two eagles.
Achenar is 139.5 ly from Sol; Spansh system search suggests 10,000 systems in that radius!

Last edited:
Agree.

When presented with competing hypothesis about the same prediction, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.

It would seem to be the most obvious of solutions obtained from the Codex. I myself have done similar search patterns but found nothing, it doesn’t mean there’s nothing there. Raxxla likely has to be found within close proximity, or it doesn’t appear on scans, or needs a visual identification (scanner mk i).

The ‘great potato hunt’ still could resolve a result, but again it’s dependant potentially upon Raxxla being directly interacted with or the viewer knowing they may have to scour every inch of said system.

If we conclude the Codex is a genuine clue indicating Raxxla is within a 10,000 system bubble, it’s possible the codex gives additional hints to further drill down the location.

Our assumptions about various clues may be better attributed to this selected area.

Last edited:
From lore do we know the range of the early interstellar unmanned probes? I suspect Raxxla may have been found by one of these. According to the ED Timeline “hundreds of automated probes were sent to all nearby systems”, which suggests hundreds of systems were explored remotely. However the Timeline and date of Raxxla first rumour also suggests Raxxla should be within a bubble encompassing Sol (permit), and the first colonies of Tau Ceti, Delta Pavonis, Altair (aka Alpha Aquilae), Beta Hydri (permit), Eotienses, Achenar (permit), & maybe Arcturus.

I suspect that Raxxla is hidden & difficult to find, but that is based on searching Sol (previously reported reasons, based on flimsy evidence and I freely acknowledge that reasoning may be flawed). It is also possible that Raxxla is hidden elsewhere in this bubble but is not so difficult to detect.

Alpha Aquilae is a possibility from the Greek legend of the Omphalos (codex reference) and Zeus’ two eagles.
Achenar is 139.5 ly from Sol; Spansh system search suggests 10,000 systems in that radius!

Ya the probe idea always has me think of this:
"Stargate Magellan... Distortion discovered in 2211, detected by probeship during routine gravitational scan. Reconstruction of alien remains commenced 2279, completed 2293. Instrumental in human expansion to the Lesser Magellanic Cloud..." - Tour of the Universe

The major reason I dont like Sol for the Raxxla location is it is too well known and studied... It couldn't still be a secret. Or its just Earth....

Just to save you some time:

I was wondering that maybe asteroid belt in Sol have a special asteroid to interact with (pulse wave analyzer as it was said it could detect anomalies).
BUT, no way to plot a route by selecting it. I have a red display "Selection Unavailable (no cluster present)".
So i googled it and found that => Sol Asteroid Cluster Not Present but inside Sun? Elite Dangerous

I did the same as the guy in the video and the belt is....inside the sun. It's not a bug, just the sun beeing the reference (0,0,0) of the system and as no cluster has been added in-game, it doesn't have a position. I assume that by default any object added without position written for it spawns at (0,0,0).

I just lost my time with asteroid belt, i hope u won't loose yours ;) .

Yep, I reported that asteroid belt at centre of Sol bug back circa 2016!
And no Pulse Wave Analyser until quite late in the game. I think Raxxla is difficult to find but has always been findable.

My latest hypothesis has been in Sirius:
permit locked!

Jewel on brow->Sirius (brightest star in the night sky & high overhead in UK!),

whisperer in witch-space (Sirius Corp FSD expertise, planet Lucifer, Lucifer whispered to Eve, Lucifer & witchcraft)

siren of deepest void (the abyss is an unfathomably deep or boundless place, the underworld, Hell, & Satan whispered temptation to Eve. “In Paradise Lost, Satan falls from the heavenly spheres, plunging through nightmarish limbo for nine days, and landing in the depths of Hell”)

Lucifer (the morning star, the planet Venus (associated with Hesperus (!), Ishtar, Inanna’s descent into Underworld (MB tattoo?)), “light-bringing”, son of Aurora “the Dawn”)

And the codex logo could represent Lucifer covered by cables to gather energy from the NS, while the hexagonal dotted line and centre circle could represent Marco Gwent’s engineer base. Looked closely at Gwent’s base. Looked in the large craters on Lucifer, scanned Lucifer and Waypoint. Searched around the centre (omphalos=hub) of rotation of Sirius.

Edit: oh, and Sirius A & B have rotation period of 50 years! (That’s why I changed my forum avatar to the Hubble telescope pic of Sirius A & B 😉)
And some strange in-game discrepancies:
Sirius A age 400 million years, IRL 242 MYr
Sirius B age 11,140 million years (why so much older than A?), IRL 228 MYr

Lucifer 0.05 Earth mass, radius 2,403 km, gravity 0.35G (was pondering if it’s hollow, bit didnt compare with any similar planet (too much brandy!)

edit2: checked it against other HMC of similar radius and gravity-mass is nothing out of ordinary so not hollow!

But sadly nothing to report! 🥺

Last edited:
Jokers Deck, Supratech, Xiona, Winking Cat, and a “derelict warehouse” that is actually a luxurious palace on the inside, all mentioned in one chain of articles!? My goodness! My tinfoil is piqued again after a year or so away.

Has anyone been able to decipher this treasure trove of metaphors? My cursory glance is that Jokers Deck is either The Club or The Wheel, the derelict warehouse might be the derelict Wheel station thats out there somewhere. The article also mentions that the event takes place in different locations so there’s a hint at relocation.

Winking Cat is involved too!? Not sure what to make of it yet but Winking Cat is a favorite of Fdev for a reason right.

One things for sure, whatever they want us to find probably looks mundane from the exterior.

*edited:

There’s something to the winking cat, but I can’t discern anything to date not without applying some real focus; the locations don’t seem to correlate unless it’s an obvious triangulation, I’m hazarding a guess it’s some form of word play or cipher.

The mixture of real world art and fictional is perplexing; because there are only 2 works which are real, all others are fictional.

There is a correlation relating to the 2 real works of art, whether or not this is a clue can’t be concluded.

Portrait of 2 circles could be attributed to ‘an example of excellence’ or skills, eg the artists ability to draw a circle freehand, which goes back to the artists Giorgio and Apelles.

The Picasso work Guernica however is not directly linked, but Picasso did hold Rembrandt in very high esteem and many compare it to Rembrandts ‘Night Watch’. Otherwise it has little connection, so it may mean something else.

Guerinca is an anti-war work; inspired by news articles the painter saw…there is much symbolic meaning to the painting however Picasso never directly attributed anything to it nor did he explain such assumptions; so any ‘meaning’ behind the painting is either irrelevant or arbitrary.

None of the dates seem to have any temporal pattern, or at least there is not evidence to confirm so at present.

Overall in comparison there are a number of intelligence gaps, which could push our focus towards the consistencies; in that in every case FD gives the names of witnesses or nominals involved in the investigation, including 1 from a so called secret organisation, and many have origin meanings…

Then there is another assumption that the Rembrandt reference alluded to the rota aristotelis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristotle's_wheel_paradox

In regards to hexagons Galileo uses Aristotles wheel problem, to argue for a certain kind of atomism. He begins his analysis by considering a pair of concentric hexagons, as opposed to circles….and notices that the inner hexagon "jumps"… Looks familiar. Maybe Raxxla moves or is only visible at certain times at 1 location?

Something similar in line with what @CMDR Zulu proposed much earlier.

Cats do wink by the way, it’s a sign of contentment and trust. It’s slow blinking really… otherwise is it a direction for our attention…

Source: https://youtu.be/PLRZ0dIvwHY

Last edited:
Top Bottom