The Quest to find Soontill

Considering you can rotate the galmap in every possibly direction, i think you could draw the 'V' and then rotate the map to make it fit. Besides, im more interested in finding smugglers' junction 😏

Enjoy

When you have enough counter evidence to destroy this document, please let me know.

I love it - but all you have to do is look at the distances and ya its not right - I can spin the galaxy map all the way around to make it look like it is in the right spot too . But all you have to do is go to grandmort and look at distances to see that the in game soontill is way off... but for the fun of it i put this up to make it easier to see

Source: https://youtu.be/LCX2Aj91JIQ

The plus side to this is its made me look more at the other points - Arouca and Brohman.... I think last time i did this all i looked at was sites close to Grandmort. And one of the things i like about this is there are quite a few mentions of "Dark Systems" in And Here the Wheel. Since Soontill was put in pretty much at the beginning and they made a deal of the Soontill Relics being possibly fake - I still kinda like the idea of the real Soontill being in a "Dark System" closer in to where it says it should be. Also would be nice to see if it sheds any light on how Raxxla might be hidden.

Further revelations sent by DM.

It looks increasingly likely that Soontill was supposed to be closer, supposed to be in a dead star system, but FDev changed their game after the book draft was written.

So, Soontill IS Soontill, but it shouldn't be. Awesome. We can all go back to looking for the Dark Wheel now.

I'll still never understand how it ended up so far from Grandmort and why it's not located in the belt of a brown dwarf that's supposed to be about 980ls from the main star and have an eerie purple glow upon approaching. Especially when clearly FDev have made shepherd moons (bodies within rings) for other systems. That's the only kicker. Did the pirates blow up the star around the planet? I mean, supposedly the pirates used a weapon that was developed by humans and Thargoid on Soontill. Maybe it was sophisticated enough to blow up a star around the planet untouched.

I'll still never understand how it ended up so far from Grandmort and why it's not located in the belt of a brown dwarf that's supposed to be about 980ls from the main star and have an eerie purple glow upon approaching. Especially when clearly FDev have made shepherd moons (bodies within rings) for other systems. That's the only kicker. Did the pirates blow up the star around the planet? I mean, supposedly the pirates used a weapon that was developed by humans and Thargoid on Soontill. Maybe it was sophisticated enough to blow up a star around the planet untouched.

Because FDev changed the way the game was built AFTER the novel was written. Simple as that.

Another piece of overlooked in-game “fact”
Ngurri sells Soontill relics

according to the books quotes given, Soontill is a treasure trove of thargoid based items.

the Soontill relics are Guardian based (crystal based) and not thargoid in origin.

but a debris-fields, and fog that could cover a planet (planetary nebula) are also very unique and although not quite outside the in-game tech of today’s, I can’t conceive that much complexity for a little Easter egg.

the pirate lord octavia from the Salome book has a tourist spot beacons for A deserted asteroid base,
But no actual asteroid base was there to be looked at. This is how I imagined Raxxla or Soontill would be “discovered” by a simple text message.

Last edited:
Might seem random but I’ve been discussing the fact that the Soontill and Raxxla mysteries may be intertwined over in the Quest for Raxxla thread. Thought I should share here as well.
Rebecca was involved in all manner of things before she wiped her memory and died, including potentially having stood on a planet sterilized by the Thargoids and erased from humanity’s maps. Her last message to us lead to The Zurara but there was one puzzle piece that seemed out of place and remained somewhat unsolved. “The Vain Queen rides on the back of a giraffe that remembers her daughter’s hero”.

Most assumed it was about Cassieopeia, Camelopardalis, Andromeda and Perseus and then left the clue behind...some even said “it’s not much of a clue”. I don’t think it was meant to be so vague. I believe It’s telling us a Thargoid hive is located in Camelopardalis. Now, Rebecca was a former member of the Club, we don’t know what her area of expertise was but she was called a “perfectionist”.
There is one Camelopardalis system that has a typo in the name. BK Camemopardalis. Rebecca would probably notice this typo. This system’s main star is white, all of the other stars in this system are red. White and Red remember this for the next section.

An article released on Christmas Day back when the game was released seems to allude to this same system. This article was referencing the aftermath of the Onionhead head bombing campaign. I’ve already explained previously that I believe Onionhead was used as a metaphor for Thargoids.
Here’s the article:
A peaceful Christmas demonstration which started on Christmas Day continues on the steps of the Congress building in Olympus Village on Mars.

This year Christmas falls during the cold season, and the students are wrapped up warm, mostly dressed in red and white Santa outfits. Above them a giant repeating holo of the burning warg running from the field of flames plays. The protestors chant "Babykiller" in between renditions of various carols with amended words to reflect the protest.

Newsfeeds are now carrying this story throughout the Federation, but members of the government have been unavailable for comment.
Okay so...let’s start from the top.

-Christmas Eve supposedly is the best time to view Camelopardalis.
-The red and white Santa outfits? Remember I said this system only has white and red stars within it.
-The Giant repeating holo, probably references Soontill being burned and disguised but “warg” (the last article that mentioned warg said it was a deer like creature with green eyes) also hints at the disused constellation of Rangifer (The Reindeer) which was made up of stars between Casseiopia and Camelopardalis.
-Babykiller chant...BK as is in BK Camemopardalis.
-in between various renditions of various carols with amended words. I think this is also hinting at the fact that BK Camemopardalis is a “typo” of Camelopardalis.

I have no clue if this analysis seems convincing or not. I failed to locate anything last night but I also did not have a thargoid probe or link and destroyed my sensor on accident while in system.
I intend to continue investigating but now you all know what I was on about.

Sorry to say, some of us haven’t read much of the lore outside of what the game currently has presented.
We need a primer to bring us up to speed, so can you first explain:
who is Rebecca?
and explain where those clues came from.

Forgive the facetious literary criticism from a dyslexic person (myself) but Quotation Marks can be a very useful tool to use;
they make it easier to distinguish between
observations about the cited text and observations that are a part of the cited text.
Omg - I sound like a bloody teacher :)

But I talk from experience - I should know, I suffer endless hours of editing and re-reading and generally bleed for my incomprehensible walls of texts.

Last edited:
Most assumed it was about Cassieopeia, Camelopardalis, Andromeda and Perseus

Mainly because the author Drew Wagar said that this is exactly what he was referring to and exactly what the clues lead to....and he wrote them so he should know...and he wrote a blog on it some time ago (on his website)......and he did a video 2 hours long explaining it all quite recently....

And he doesnt know about Raxxla, none of the authors do.

And EDO is spelt Odyssey - Which is correct, not Oddessy which is incorrect?

Have fun either way, not trying to stop you, but a lot of your questions have already been answered.

I will never say there isnt something else there thats not connected, just that some things gave been identifies and answered.

Any discrepancy between books and game can be put down to Frontier or the Stellar Forge not matching the game to the book with 99.9% certainty. Theres too many examples of this Zuara (missing tf & ELW) INARA bases (missing ships & planets), beacons around the wrong planet (not tf & ELW again), Prism system having the wrong Star formation, Soontil. And none of these known inaccurate things have been fixed in 6 years even when pointed out by the relevant author in the very early days.

Either way, have fun, theres plenty of mysteries out there for sure :)

Further revelations sent by DM.

It looks increasingly likely that Soontill was supposed to be closer, supposed to be in a dead star system, but FDev changed their game after the book draft was written.

So, Soontill IS Soontill, but it shouldn't be. Awesome. We can all go back to looking for the Dark Wheel now.
There are additional problems on the Soontill story. The planet where the "Secret Base" beacon is located isn't landable due to insane atmospheric pressures (~9M times much pressure as Earth) and a surface temperature hotter than most stars. Further, one of the moons has Technetium which should not form on Thargoid inhabited systems (requires older M-K class stars which are often variables between 2-8 solar masses - see s-process and asymptotic giant branch on Wikipedia).
Per "..Out of Darkness" Robert Garry was grandson to Oberon Ryder. Guess who sells Soontill Relics? Garry's Reclamations as in THE Robert Garry. Apparently, The Dark Wheel actually found Raxxla. Soontill was apparently the attempt to cover-up that fact. Oh, by the way, Elvira Martuuk wanted you to fetch Soontill Relics to gain access and I believe before she grants you access states she believes they are fraudulent.

Top Bottom