The Real Goldwinder

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Where's my raised-eyebrow emote? This will have to do: [wacko]

Elite Dangerous itself is incentive enough for 99% of us on this forum.

I guess he means buying up front rather than just waiting. Usual there are incentives to pre-order so I understand his point especially when some of us seem to get the poor end of the stick. :D

Still want it though. :D

I would have prefered a platinum and diamond sidewinder, but gold does go with my little black jumpsuit lol

Last edited:
That pic of the goldwinder must have been done near a red star. The gold paint jobs I've seen (I have both a gold Sidewinder and gold Asp Explorer on one of my PC accounts) are very much a 'proper' yellow gold

I'll be sporting my Goldwinder from log-in on day one. We'll all upgrade at some point for sure, but I plan on keeping it for show and tell (get that fan-boy rep at social events eh!). In comparison to the pre-order bonus i got for Destiny on PS3 (an ugly name plate among other junk), this is great.

That pic of the goldwinder must have been done near a red star. The gold paint jobs I've seen (I have both a gold Sidewinder and gold Asp Explorer on one of my PC accounts) are very much a 'proper' yellow gold

Bummer, I actually prefer the copper look. No matter, I have a different ship and color I'll be grabbing soon enough :)

Bummer, I actually prefer the copper look. No matter, I have a different ship and color I'll be grabbing soon enough :)

I must admit, I'd love to have a steam-punk/copper paint job for one of my ships. Something like the Cobra MkIII almost seems made for it :)

Any one know if any or all the ships ADA compliant with wheel chair or electric scooter ramps or lifts, hand rails in the rest rooms, etc. Us (me) geriactrics may need some assitance getying in or out if ship, let alone getting into or out if that tiny toaster slot. You young folks are lucky, You can just hop in and go at launch. Though my Goldie will come prepainted, I will have to wait on my correct prescription modified wind screen. To hell with glasses!

Any one know if any or all the ships ADA compliant with wheel chair or electric scooter ramps or lifts, hand rails in the rest rooms, etc. Us (me) geriactrics may need some assitance getying in or out if ship, let alone getting into or out if that tiny toaster slot. You young folks are lucky, You can just hop in and go at launch. Though my Goldie will come prepainted, I will have to wait on my correct prescription modified wind screen. To hell with glasses!

None of us have space legs, so it seems we're all stuck in a wheel / hover chair that transits between the cockpit and SRV. It must be muscle atrophy due to microgravity.

Do you guys like the idea of a gold sidewinder paint job? Or do you think it's a wasted bonus as most of us will be out of our sidewinder's within the first few hours. Would you guys preffer a decal or bobble head or something else you can take with you on your journey as you play that will remind you of the early days when you started. Thoughts?

Already have a "Chrome"-winder, would love to have a shiny "Gold"-winder. And for those who say we are all out of our Sidewinders in a few hours I say, just wait. Many of us buy them back. I fly mine all the time. Makes a great taxi and cheap to ship home, an A-rated and Engineer-modified Chrome-winder is nothing to sneer at. She flies sideways faster than many ships can fly forwards. o7

mAhq9yl.jpg

Now, where are my golden Corvette and Cobra III skins?

Last edited:
Already have a "Chrome"-winder, would love to have a shiny "Gold"-winder. And for those who say we are all out of our Sidewinders in a few hours I say, just wait. Many of us buy them back. I fly mine all the time. Makes a great taxi and cheap to ship home, an A-rated and Engineer-modified Chrome-winder is nothing to sneer at. She flies sideways faster than many ships can fly forwards. o7

http://i.imgur.com/mAhq9yl.jpgNow, where are my golden Corvette and Cobra III skins?
But don't leave it in the rain, or you'll have a 'rust bucket'. :D

I think the paintjobs that come with the spikey "reaver" ship kits are old rusty hulk types. Can't remember what ships they are for though.

You can have any combination of ships based wherever you like.

I think there is a hard limit to how many ships you can own but it's pretty generous.

You can have any combination of ships based wherever you like.

I think there is a hard limit to how many ships you can own but it's pretty generous.

I wasn't aware of a limit on the number of ships, just a limit on the amount of 'spare' stock that could be held. I didn't think that stock installed within ships was counted in any global stock (or ship) holding limit.

Top Bottom