The REAL grind in the Alliance CG

I take it Alliance CG Traders should also equip SuperCruise Assist.

When overspeeding upto about 3sec ETA and then letting the SCA take over, it'll still result in a safe disengage at the Destination even if still at ludicrous speed.
Almost works like a Wing Beacon, although one shouldn't overdo it (2sec ETA tests on distant Signal Sources were partly unsuccessful or shifted the dropin point upto 4-5km).

Should shave a Minute or so from the trip.

PS.
It's scary though xD
Works - but scary.
On a somewhat related note...I've passed at least three different CMDR's all who were unresponsive to comms in supercruise en route to Judson...my only explanation is that they were using Supercruise Assist and were AFK. It was remarkable how quickly I caught up to and then surpassed them. Supercruise assist is slooooooooow.

Unless used as above!

On a somewhat related note...I've passed at least three different CMDR's all who were unresponsive to comms in supercruise en route to Judson...my only explanation is that they were using Supercruise Assist and were AFK. It was remarkable how quickly I caught up to and then surpassed them. Supercruise assist is slooooooooow.

Unless used as above!
With my T9 I've considered supercruise-assist, but in that ship I prefer to arrive facing the station entrance which means manueuvring in supercruise. I think the hassle saved in supercruise by using the assist would probably be outweighed by the need to move around and align at the station. I think supercruise assist is better for more nimble ships which can dock quickly from any direction.

Peoples bookmark folders ended up containing tens of thousands of bookmarks as people traded them between corp members, bought them from pilots and created them personally.

The EVE servers became so clogged with these bookmarks it slowed the game down. o_O

I don't thing that this should be a problem with ED, because bookmarks are stored locally at the player's machine. At least they was stored locally two years ago. I found this accidentally when I was on holiday and I tried to run ED on my notebook. Everything was OK, but bookmarks was missing :)

I don't thing that this should be a problem with ED, because bookmarks are stored locally at the player's machine. At least they was stored locally two years ago. I found this accidentally when I was on holiday and I tried to run ED on my notebook. Everything was OK, but bookmarks was missing :)

I put a copy of ED on a laptop for a long work assignment, the bookmarks I had on my PC where there on my laptop too. Not sure if it's a new thing or not. I made the copy about 10 month ago.

Pro pilots are always 6 seconds from their destination.
You can cruise in full throttle near all the way. That huge gas giant prevents me from going under 7s until I am really close. At that point then there is a brief moment where you can overshoot, so throttle down to 6s for that moment. Once the speed marker has caught up with the distance marker, you can go full throttle for the rest again.

You can cruise in full throttle near all the way. That huge gas giant prevents me from going under 7s until I am really close. At that point then there is a brief moment where you can overshoot, so throttle down to 6s for that moment. Once the speed marker has caught up with the distance marker, you can go full throttle for the rest again.

Indeed, it takes some time to get down to 6, so you floor it. I was taking that as a given.

On sale soon in the ARX store.
for Three fiddy!

Also got up at three in the morning to make my first contribution and to vote consolidate.

Watched the new Stranger Things while schlepping our to The station.

Thanks fir the wing trade.

Last edited:
They never reach their goal? Sad.

Well I as distilling the whole 'how to properly travel in supercruise' down to one line, the key bit.

Yes you always floor it for the majority of the journey. Then drop to the upper end of the blue when the timer gets down to about 8s. That should have you around 6s. You tweak this depending of the gravitational environment increasing and decreasing to keep it at 6s. If you go down to 5s you will likely overshoot without gravity breaking or corkscrewing. Once you are within about 3 or 4Mm you can usually floor it again and drop to save a whole half second or so.

Top Bottom