The reason I play Planet Coaster is...

Why do you play Planet Coaster? I'm curious to hear the reasons as to why this game appeals to us all!

For me it's not just the idea of creating a theme park. It's the idea of creating a theme park that is in your brain and then seeing it with your own eyes. It's the guests walking around and the sound of a coaster roaring past. The charm of a lake with the refection of a 200ft drop over it. The idea that if I want a giant dinosaur towering over an entrance that is home to zombies. I can do that! Every single time I boot up the game and hear the music and see the colours. It all adds to an extremely joyful experience that I hope you all share.

I don't think a day passes that I don't have some connection to the game. Talking to wonderful people who I have met via the game, listening to the soundtrack, seeing amazing creations and of course playing the game itself. It's more than a game to me and I imagine most of you.

From players to developers, I feel we are all one family.

I'm just a massive fan of anything theme park related.

I'd prefer a day at the theme park above a day at the beach anytime.

And I like simulations as well. And I very much like the style of Planet Coaster.

So obviously this game is a must have for me.

I like building stuff. The themepark aspect is more of a bonus for me, and makes me think in different ways about how to use what I want to build as a ride skin or somesuch.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Lets the creative juices flow and keeps my mind occupied. Love amusement stuff and this gives me a way to unless possibilities that even the real world couldn't do sometimes.

• Like (+1)
I'm a huge theme park fan and Planet Coaster is a great game. Every time I play Planet Coaster I think of something else to put into my park. I always wanted to work at a theme park and Planet Coaster comes pretty close to that.

• Like (+1)

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I play for various reasons:

1. Nostalgia of childhood games
2. I love the idea of building my own park
3. I really enjoy playing management simulation games
4. For relaxation

It kind of depends on my mood on the day as to why and how I will play.

Why do you play Planet Coaster? I'm curious to hear the reasons as to why this game appeals to us all!

For me it's not just the idea of creating a theme park. It's the idea of creating a theme park that is in your brain and then seeing it with your own eyes. It's the guests walking around and the sound of a coaster roaring past. The charm of a lake with the refection of a 200ft drop over it. The idea that if I want a giant dinosaur towering over an entrance that is home to zombies. I can do that! Every single time I boot up the game and hear the music and see the colours. It all adds to an extremely joyful experience that I hope you all share.

I don't think a day passes that I don't have some connection to the game. Talking to wonderful people who I have met via the game, listening to the soundtrack, seeing amazing creations and of course playing the game itself. It's more than a game to me and I imagine most of you.

From players to developers, I feel we are all one family.
I double everything you said. You can use your imagination in so many different ways. For me, not a day goes by without this game being part of it.

I love themeparks. Been to 2 Disneylands, Port Aventura in Spain, Gardaland in Italy, parks in Austria and to my personal favorite Europapark in Germany. As much as i love visiting them i also love building them myself and this game is probably the best theme park simulation of the ones i've played so far (RCT1,2,3,No Limits 2, Theme Park Studio, Theme Park World and Parkitect). I'm just a huge themepark nerd, who also happens to be a big star wars nerd and is therefore really excited to get the to worlds combined in star wars galaxys edge in anaheim( will be going there in early july). ;)

I can't really remember why I decided to play Planet Coaster in the first place. I'm not a veteran of the theme park game like some people here are, but I always enjoyed Zoo Tycoon (the original 2D one) and then later I played RCT3 a lot. I saw Planet Coaster the day before alpha 1 was released and instantly purchased it. One of the best decisions I ever made due to the friendships I have developed from it more than anything.

The reason I play Planet Coaster is...

Despite my differences with some of the decisions made for the game.. And the bugs I encounter that frustrate me to no end. I play because it really is the best theme park sandbox game out there. Parkitect is fun sure.. And it definitely has a better management game. But I don't like being stuck on a grid or having to only use certain pieces to build a coaster. And sure with some work and learning more.. No limits offers a much more realistic coaster building experience. But.. Lacks the charm and other qualities of building an actual theme park.. So I play planet coaster because it let's me be me.. It let's me be creative and make not just coasters but whole theme parks. That's the fun I get out of it. Coming home after a hard day's work and relaxing to some music while working on a park

I find myself in a strange situation. I love the freedom in Planet Coaster to create parks and rides. I've also been a big theme park (and especially Disney park) lover. However, I don't play Planet Coaster very much. Strangely, (and you may think me weird for doing it), I still BUY all of the DLC. Why pay for DLC for a game I'm not actively using? I'm not really sure. Maybe it's the thought that I'll get back into the game someday. I think the reason I don't play is mostly because of the time sink, other commitments, etc. It's there (and fully updated) when I'm ready to use it again. Every once in a while, I fire it up and look at that big blank canvas and get the PC version of writer's block.

(Oh, and speaking of time sinks... I'm now trying out Elite Dangerous Horizons for the first time. :rolleyes: )

Like most games really, it's an escape. I've loved theme parks from a young age and had my first ever all nighter game session on RCT1 :sneaky:

Within PC my favourite part by far is building coasters. I love the theming elements but I've never been that great at seeing building potential in all of the small pieces.

PC has the bonus of having a great community of people who put 100s of hours into creating jaw dropping masterpieces. It's nice to dip into all areas of the game and there's great inspiration available on the Workshop. I tend to spend most of my time on a giant Sandbox park that I can't see myself ever finishing, or even opening to guests :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom