The recent attacks in the Pleiades may not have all been by Thargoids...

EDIT: Looks like just another bug, some previous attacks have shown the same damage.

Last Thursday, three stations in the Pleiades were disabled, as well as Professor Palin's megaship coming under attack. The attack on Palin carries all the typical marks of a Thargoid attack - green goop everywhere, lots of exterior damage, and naturally, Thargoids. However, that's not the case for the three stations, which appear to have been disabled in an entirely new manner.

Convieniently, they've all suffered attacks in the past, so comparison is easy. Here's a picture of Titan's Daughter in the Taygeta system following it's very first attack some time ago. Note the copious amount of green goo, exterior fires, holes, etc.
Now, here it is following it's most recent attack on Thursday. Oh, and here's a close up of the mailslot, just in case it wasn't clear from that picture that an attack has actually taken place.

Zero green goo, zero external damage that couldn't have been caused by an inexperienced Beluga pilot, and of course, no Thargoids in the system either before or after the attack. So now let's take a look at the inside. Here we do see some damage, there are a few fires going, some burn marks, that sort of thing. Still no goo, mind you.

It's largely the same for the other two stations, though not perfectly- while the main structure of all three is untouched, there is some external damage to the "extra" bits of those stations, like the big hammer-thingies at Cavalieri, one of which has snapped off, and Cylenne Orbital has had it's external storage bays cracked open. That's all peanuts compared to the previous damage, however. The main part of all three stations show no signs of a Thargoid attack.

So to recap, the recent attacks (with the sole exception of Palin), caused practically zero damage to the exterior, no green goo, and no Thargoids were seen before or after. And yet, the interiors still show comparable damage. This can't simply be a change of tactics, because otherwise Palin would have similarly been affected - and besides, Thargoids are big. Good luck fitting one through the mailslot to exclusively attack the interior.

Given the position of the damage, and the lack of any factors that might suggest actual Thargoids performing the attack, it seems likely that the damage was done by internal explosions. Possibly they were caused by the Aegis labs present on all three stations, deliberately or not. The storage pods were also emptied at this time (or did something break out...?). In an attempt to cover up the incident, Aegis claim it was done by Thargoids. They only have to get by until Thursday, after all- once repairs begin, the evidence will be gone.

It will be interesting to see what their next move is.

Last edited:
Sorry, my fault. Was testing a new weapon system, one that imparts high amounts of kinetic energy into small asteroids. Little tricky getting the vector correct. But if it’s any consequence, I did broadcast “Fore!” when I realized how I’d hooked it.

Hey @Rainbro you aren't wrong. This is different.

Question is, does this mean FD have put a new plot point in for those of us still watching, or, have they just put employed a new artist who didn't get the memo?

I almost wonder if FDev knows. Sometimes I think the lack of plot feedback is because the people in charge of the story are like an underground rebellion. They are slipping in coherent story details under the radar of this uncaring software development company with zero resources while the actual game just spews out an endless sequence of new grind mechanics and cobra paint jobs.

I have had two more Mojitos than is recommended though so maybe Im just not feeling it right now.

Keep up the sharp eyed research though 😀

I am very interested in the current plotline and so couldn't help but go check the claims made here in this thread. The three stations in question are:

Cyllene Orbital - Atlas (type: Orbis)
Cavalieri - Electra (type: Coriolis, 4 noobhammers)
Titan's Daughter - Taygeta (type: Coriolis, 0 noobhammers)

On Cyllene Orbital Thargoid goo could be found on the surface areas in the rear part of the station (pic 1). Cavalieri had goo on two of the 4 noobhammers (pic 2), but not on the rest of the stations surface (at least I haven't found any). They were the only parts on the outside that were cleraly damaged. Titan's Daughter finally seemed to use the same damage model as Cavalieri, yet it had no noobhammers. So I can at least confirm that on that station no goo can be found and it indeed looks almost completely undamaged on the outside - only the mailslot is damaged.

atlas.jpg
Electra.jpg

Last edited:
Yup no - damage. Summer BBQ is a bit out of hand, but probably not Thargoids. That's just .. errm, lime jelly that got spilt. Nothing to see here.

And no Thargoids in the system either, just those Convoy Dispersal USS that no-one bothers with. All the rest seem to indicate they are just for picking lovely flowers. How lovely :)🌻

Edit: Though I don't know why fdev call them 'Non Human' of course pretty flowers are not human. Can we get them renamed to 'Pretty Flower Signal Sources plz fdev

Yup no - damage. Summer BBQ is a bit out of hand, but probably not Thargoids. That's just .. errm, lime jelly that got spilt. Nothing to see here.

View attachment 138320

Titan's Daughter (Taygeta) shows no signs of damage on the outside (the other two stations do), which is indeed noteworthy. It doesn't need to mean anything, though.

Cyllene is badly damaged as your picture shows, and on Cavalieri one noobhammer has broken off.

Last edited:
Titan's Daughter (Taygeta) shows no signs of damage on the outside (the other two stations do), which is indeed noteworthy. It doesn't need to mean anything, though.

Cyllene is badly damaged as your picture shows, and on Cavalieri one noobhammer has broken off.
Ah right - so you're saying they forgot to apply the damage model on the outside of one station. Gotcha. (y)

Sorry, my fault. Was testing a new weapon system, one that imparts high amounts of kinetic energy into small asteroids. Little tricky getting the vector correct. But if it’s any consequence, I did broadcast “Fore!” when I realized how I’d hooked it.
In your defense that is a dogleg left from that first core rock.

Ah right - so you're saying they forgot to apply the damage model on the outside of one station. Gotcha. (y)

I'm just stating what I observed; I don't claim to know what these observations mean. The OP made claims, and so far two thirds of these claims have been disproven in my opinion.
Maybe it's lazyness by FDEV, maybe a mistake, maybe something they did on purpose. I don't know.

It's a bug. This happened to me and many others when The Oracle was first attacked. It's just showing the wrong external skin. Mailslot was damaged, but no other visible signs.

Guess that's back..

Edit: heres my oracle footage capturing the bug. Almost no damage at the front of the station, which is not meant to be the case.

Source: https://youtu.be/tUMkS5zOHpQ

Last edited:
When I said there were no Thargoids in the system, I was thinking of there being no AX CZs, as well as Eagle Eye/GalNet saying "No Thargoid Presence", since it's the latter two that would usually indicate that they were behind the attack.

It's a bug. This happened to me and many others when The Oracle was first attacked. It's just showing the wrong external skin. Mailslot was damaged, but no other visible signs.

Guess that's back..

Thanks for the video, I've also been shown an attack from February with similar characteristics, and that was when Eagle Eye was up. Well, that's a disappointment.

Top Bottom