The results are in from 'your three most used ships'... and the results will amaze you!

The Hauler, Asp Scout, Orca and Beluga are not in the top 20.
So... why is that? And what factors caused people to pick the top 3?

Jump Range seems a major factor in choosing what ship to use. Additionally, cargo capacity and flexibility make a ship popular. So while Haulers can go over 50 LY/jump, they just aren't able to do much because of their size.

I guess there’s a difference between most used ship, most common and most liked. I think I’ll stick with the developers assertion that the Cobra Mk III is the most common, they have facts.

Just salty that I never saw this “poll” or got to “vote” in it.

I guess there’s a difference between most used ship, most common and most liked. I think I’ll stick with the developers assertion that the Cobra Mk III is the most common, they have facts.

Just salty that I never saw this “poll” or got to “vote” in it.

Same, I just found the results, I could not vote for the Asp Scout, DiamondBack Scout and Viper..

Even though I ranked it second in my own list, I was still a bit surprised to the DbX so high up the list.

ANNNND.... whooops, I made a boo-boo... bottom 3 now corrected, and you are even more welcome to wallow in your 'counter culture rebel' largess.

(The Keelback didn't get a single vote!)

That's a shame. The keelback is a favorite.

Ah well, I shall continue to march to the beat of a different drummer. And continue to explode when I get there for my troubles. :)

Doesn't surprise me that the Python is #1 in the slightest.

I am quite shocked that the Anaconda isn't in the top 3, however. The "Magic-Mass" spacebus it is, and all.

DBX is quite surprising, given the aesthetics disdain that most seem to have for it. I'd say the only reason between it and AspX is rivalry for Exploration as a focus.

Anaconda can't use outposts/medium docks, making python a superior choice in many use cases.

Beluga is among the top 1% of cruise ships out there, so the survey was clearly biased against those who like to cruise.

DBX is probably high up the list because it is a very fast runabout when engineered.

Anaconda has probably hit a meh factor, it's so last century :)

AspX is a surprise to me.

It's not a big surprise btw

Well I was shocked ....

Only travesty is the iEagle, is nowhere to be found??? I missed the vote so maybe an also ran? Therefore it seems to be, many Commanders with "all the gear and no idea" in this here listage.

;)

<runs away>

Last edited:
The results are interesting. The Cobra III might be #9, but I still love to fly that one when I feel that a rebuy is imminent. And while I'm liking the Python, I brought it to Deciat for some more LYs and turning. I certainly makes you feel like you are graduated to "medium size"

I try to fly a ship that not too many other players are flying. Easier said than done, of course.

I don't like the ASP Explorer because it's design is just like a Cobra. I don't like the bloated, stubby ships like the Beluga and Keelback. And I don't like tiny ships.

So I fly a modded DBX. I really hate that name, though - 'Diamondback Explorer'. The name evokes the image of a fat man with a crusty, hairy back. If it wasn't for the DBX stand-out aesthetic, it's name - and that aforementioned image it evokes - would be more than enough for me to have never bought it.

I wish Frontier were better at naming ships.

Top Bottom